Caught By Flames (Kyojuro Ren...

By FlameBaby_Kyokun

Scars. Many had formed on the child's body as she listened to her family get ripped to shreds. The mountain w... More

1 : Prolouge
2 : Training (1)
3 : Training (2)
4 : Final Selection (1)
5 : Final Selection (2)
6 : Final Selection (3)
7 : Recovery
8 : We Meet Again (1)
9 : We Meet again (2)
11 : A Day in the Garden
12 : Demon Train?! (1)
13 : Demon Train?! (2)
14 : Please Live...
15 : Special Attention
16 : The Truth and Emotions
17 : Vulnerability
18 : Kinda Random Chapter lol
19 : Another Random Chapter lmao
20 : Not Again...
21 : Sweet Confessions
omg y'all, update on manga series
22 : Lovey Dovey
23 : Beauty
24 : Smile
25 : Date Night
26 : Divided and Connected
27 : Happiness and Joy!!
28 : Swordsmith Village
29 : Upper Moon One
30 : Spotlight
31 : Lonely Sky
32 : Daydreams or Nightmares
33 : Train, Damn Pillars
34 : A Gruesome Night
35 : Kyojuro,- no wait- SURPRISE!!
36 : Bonding + Announcement
Side Story : Haunted
Side Story : My Idol Criminal (1)
Side Story : My Idol Criminal (2)
37 : The End of the Beginning (1)
38 : The Beginning of the End (2)
39 : Your Hell (1)
40 : Your Hell (2)
41 : Your Hell (3)
42 : Your Hell (4)
43 : Your Hell (5)
44 : Your Hell (6)
45 : Saved Or Not?
46 : Promises of War
47 : End of the War (1)
48 : End of the War (2)
49 : The Ending (1)
50 : The Ending (2)
51 : Her Dream of the Past
52 : Epilogue
Important Announcement I guess lol
Not an Update, Sorry lmao
Hello again, I'm back for the grave. Kinda
I wanna have an even number of parts so

10 : Out for the Day

13.3K 471 852
By FlameBaby_Kyokun

After you healed up, a letter arrived inviting you to join Kyojuro and Senjuro for the day. It gave little information, but you knew you'd go. It would be the perfect time to get to know them better. As you got dressed in a more formal outfit than your uniform, Kyojuro and Senjuro where getting things ready. They didn't know what to expect from you, it was like you were in a completely different universe. They both sweatdropped just thinking about how you would present yourself, but it was too early to know.

Kyojuro pulled his hair into a ponytail with the hair framing his face left out. He still wore his uniform and haori like normal, though, but Senjuro wore traditional clothing since he wasn't a skilled fighter and couldn't join the demon slayer corps. His hair was pulled back like it usually was as well. They both started to walk towards the meeting point to wait for the remaining time they had left. They sat on a bench near the meeting point, Kyojuro with crossed arms and wide spread legs, while Senjuro had his hands placed on the bench between his legs.

Just minutes later, you spotted the duo and started to walk towards them admiring the city. It was colorful and bustling with people. It made you wonder if something special was happening that day, it seemed like a festival. Your hair swung around your shoulder as you turned to see a taller man hovering above you.

"Not interested." You said blankly with an annoyed expression. You began to wake faster towards Kyojuro, but the man grabbed your wrist. It was clear he had a little to much to drink, but hey, what could you do about it. "Look man, I told you not interested. Back off before I make you." You growled.

"Now, now, sweetheart. Today's a special day, why not spend it with me huh? You're here all by yourself, why not have a little fun~?" His voice sounded sweet, but the look in his eyes were lustful. It disgusted you.

With a scowl you yanked you hand away from him and slapped him using your other hand. "I am here with someone, so get lost, dick." Foul language wasn't something you normally went to for defense, but he was putting you in a sour mood.

"Listen here, little girl-"

"No! You listen here, I'm not some toy, and I told you no-! Go find someone else because I'm not here for your fun, I'm here for mine!" You loudly walked away and a sweet and tender smile on your face once more. The man could tell just by your grip that you weren't a normal teenage girl, you were strong.

As you neared the boys, your footsteps caught the attention of Kyojuro. Immediately, he stood to his feet to greet you, but as he went to say something, nothing came out. He was speechless. With a swift movement, you ran towards the man and enveloped him in a sweet hug. You had worn the proper uniform along with your pink, white, and grey haori. Your shoes were classy, yet fancy at the same time, but he didn't have time to focus on that when he saw the hair pin locked into your hair. "Where did you get that hairpin?" He finally spoke.

You broke the hug and smiled brightly, "It was given to me by my mother." His eyes narrowed.

"You remember?"

With a questioning hum, you shook your head, "I remember some things, while others I'm still clueless about. Why, is this hairpin something different?" You now felt slightly self conscious about wearing it.

It faded away when he smiled sweetly and shook his head, "No, I just remember you telling me a story about that hairpin when you were little." You chuckled and turned around.

"So what are we doing here? Some guy told me today was a special one, is there a reason?" You cocked your head to see his face that stood still behind you.

He just laughed his loud hearty laugh and pulled you and Senjuro along. It was the first time Senjuro had seen you since the final selection, but he certainly couldn't recognize you. It was your looks and attitude, nothing was the same compared to how you used to act. It was more carefree and happy than strict and disciplined.

The three of you walked around the city and tested out the many different booths they had open. It was a festival, for sure, which warmed your heart. It was the first time you'd been to or seen a festival from what you could remember... and frankly, there wasn't anyone you'd rather spend it with more than these two. It was a dream come true, even if you barely knew them anymore.

"Let's go get some sweet potatoes! That booth has some!" You enthusiastically stated while jumping up and down. Kyojuro's face immediately lit up with anticipation. It was his favorite, even if you didn't know that, it made him feel special.

"That's actually older brothers favorite!" Senjuro shouted. All three of you were enthusiastic, so much so, the entire festival seemed to revolve around you three. All the giggles that could be heard, all the whispering and gossip, but that didn't matter to you, so you paid no attention to it. Your full attention was on Kyojuro and Senjuro. They were the only ones you needed to pay attention too.

After sitting down to eat the food you three got, Kyojuro kept repeating "isshoi!" Senjuro on the other hand ate his food in silence and you hummed in satisfaction. It was amazingly good and surprisingly cheap, you almost convinced yourself to get more, but you were interrupted by a woman who seemed older than you.

"Excuse me, would you and your family like a quiet place to stay? I'm sure you're tired after walking around so much with a child!"

Kyojuro immediately knew what the woman was saying and choked on his food. His face blew up into a fury of reds as Senjuro looked away, hopefully going unnoticed. "We're not a family, and Senjuro isn't a burden as you make him out to be. I just want to enjoy today with my friends, alright? Thank you for the offer, though!" You knew what the woman was inferring when she spoke, but you clarified not thinking much of it. Kyojuro could tell you understood what the woman thought because your cheeks were a light pink, no matter how hard you tried to hide it he could see it. Senjuro faced you after the woman left with a large smile.

"Thank you, Snowball! I'm glad you don'tsee me as a burden!" The nickname was the breaking point as your face turned a deep color of red and your hand immediately touched the back of your neck.

"I-I mean, I o-only spoke the tr-truth." Kyojuro was laughing. Hard. The smaller boy just smiled widely and continued to est the rest of his food.

After you were done eating, you and Senjuro walked around, hand in hand, while Kyojuro left to get more sweet potatoes. You two didn't speak, but the silence wasn't awkward either. It was more directed at the oh's and awe's you both gave while admiring the beautiful decorations strung around the streets and different booths. A quiet, yet loud, evening awaited, and before you knew it, night had settled over the bright city. Despite the dangers of being out during the night, the city was still crawling with people visiting each booth.

"You know, brother really likes you." Senjuro suddenly whispered. With how loud your surroundings were, he didn't think you'd hear him, but you did. A small, calm, smile painted your face as you continued to walk from booth to booth wondering what the boy meant.

After a few more minutes, you came face to face with the man who tried to convince you to spend the night with him for some 'fun.' You 'hmph'ed and looked in the other direction hoping he wouldn't say anything. A childish wish, "Hey, you! Come back here, I'm not finished with you!" It disgusted you that he only wanted to 'spend the night with you' because of your body and face. What was wrong with him, how messed up was he in the head?

"Just keep walking.." you whispered under your breath towards Senjuro. It seemed to infuriate the man even more as he started to run full sprint towards you. He was buff and big, so you pushed Senjuro in front of you and turned to lock grips with him. Your feet slid back as he continued to pursue you despite the fact he wasn't getting any closer to feeling you. "Why won't you just leave me alone? I told you earlier, I'm not here for you!" Your shout seemed to only get more attention from the surrounding crowd.

"Is that boy why you're here? I can get rid of him~." He seductively sung.

Your face got hot out of anger, and you began pushing him back. "Touch the boy, and you'll end up more hurt than you thought possible-" you growled with an intense gaze focused on him. "That boy has done nothing to you or anyone else, and to threaten him so boldly, you must not know who you're dealing with. Let me enlighten you-" you began crushing his hands, bathing in the cracking of his knuckles and bones. Almost immediately, he backed off and started to run the other way. A worried expression crossed your face, as you turned back towards Senjuro, "you're not hurt, are you? I did push you pretty harshly..."

"I'm fine, (Y/N), don't worry!"

"(Y/N), Senjuro! I got some snacks!" You heard Kyojuro's voice from down the street. It was loud and enthusiastic like usual, which made both you and Senjuro place wide smiles on your faces as he ran towards you both. When he stopped in front of you, he immediately noticed the redness on your hand, "Did something happen to your hands?"

Senjuro and you looked at one another, your expressions doing the speaking. "Uhh..." you looked away awkwardly and rubbed your head, "it's a long story." Senjuro chuckled nervously and looked around for something to change the subject to.

"What kinds of snacks did you get?" He said with intense focus, creeping Kyojuro out a little.

He shook it away and began sorting through the snacks he got, you finding a place to sit to eat them all.

"How did I get the nickname Snowball?" You asked after sitting down quickly.

Kyojuro laughed, "I was young, but I remember that clear as day! After gittins discharged from the butterfly mansion, you just rolled in the snow making yourself into a ball, so I called you snowball, and it stuck. Even got Senjuro to call you Snowball!" It was nice to hear him laugh like that. It reminded you of the image of younger Kyojuro laughing and playing. The one you had on the verge of death not long ago. Your cheeks became a light pink as you giggled along with him. You barely remembered him, and yet, he was probably the person you felt closest with.

After you all finished the snacks, you began heading back where you started. You didn't realize how far you had wandered until Kyojuro had to lead you down winding and twisting roads just to get back to the starting point. But that just gave you more time to admire the lights and appearance of all the buildings and structures. It was something you were grateful for, that was for sure.

Finally, after another hour of walking around, you made it back to where you started. Kyojuro and Senjuro waved you off, watching you walk away with a skip in each step. It was one of the rare moments they saw, in you, what a normal girl your age should act like.

It felt refreshing to you, and for once you seemed truly relaxed. It made you want to turn around and redo the entire night forever.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

572K 15.9K 40
You who was born with a red scarlet-like eyes are abandoned by your parents in the age of 9, thinking that you will just become a threat to their lif...
144K 5.3K 54
(ON HOLD) 𝗧𝗥𝗔𝗩𝗘𝗟 𝗜𝗡𝗧𝗢 𝗧𝗛𝗘 wicked thoughts of Kyōjurō Rengoku - one hundred fifty-nine pounds of folded steel and sex appeal - a second y...
505K 25.1K 38
❝ My last words were 'yeet'. What a disgrace. ❞ - (Y/N) (L/N) while dying (again) on a riverbank. ~~~ After dying in a freak accident, you found your...
25.4K 921 39
𝐷𝑒𝑚𝑜𝑛! 𝑇𝑎𝑛𝑗𝑖𝑟𝑜 𝑥 𝐹𝑒𝑚! 𝑅𝑒𝑎𝑑𝑒𝑟 Y/n L/n is the eldest daughter of the L/n family. And being royalty, they have their reputations t...