On my way to stardom

By sscreativityworld

This is more than just a fan fiction. BigHit entertainment hasn't taken in any female idols for years, yet th... More

1. Running away
2. Ambition
3. Leaving home
4. Completely failing
5. Day 1
6. Dinner
7. Concept
8. Singing lesson
9. Music Video
10. Dinner Thief's identity
11. Vicious comments
12. Debut showcaseS
13. Viral
14. Bloodshot
15. New manager?!
16. Debut showcase
17. Debut showcase Pt. 2
19. A manic visit
20. A moment
21. Home tour
22. Family shoot
23. They won't last
24. Airport
25. The first talk show
26. Mood swings
27. Open up
28. Fun?
29. The bracelet
30. Challenge
31. Concert guest
32. An afternoon out
33. The confession
34. Champion!
35. More debt?!
36. Family
37. Ddaeng
38. KCON LA
39. Billboard: the interview
40. Challenge day!
41. First date
42. Speed, concentration, and intelligence?
43.Lies
44. Nominations
45. Day with GOT7
46. you made it!
47. Her first MAMA
48. Business calls
49. Official address
50. The Grammys

18. Dinner party

26 2 0
By sscreativityworld

Social media accounts are opened after the 2 debut showcases in Seoul. Apart from Twitter, BigHit is having full control of my other social media accounts, which I'm glad because I have no experience in using them at all.

There's two more days before I have my debut stage at one of the many Kpop music shows, M!Countdown. Although I only have to perform 'Ticket' I'm still really excited for it. But for today, I'm rewarded by my sunbaes from BTS and TXT.

I'm taken to a really high-class traditional korean restaurant. I'm not even certain if it's high-class but the 13 of us are taken to a private lounge within the restaurant which is super dark. Don't all male leads in movies take the female leads to fancy restaurants that are extremely under-lit?

'Cheers to Shannon's debut!' Namjoon Sunbae toasts.

'Geonbae!'

All of us are drinking tea instead of alcohol because we're technically still working. It's utterly important to be at our best state as an idol at all times.

'Cheers to the best rookie of the year!' Jimin Sunbae says.

'Cheers to the best female idol of the year!' Taehyung Sunbae adds.

'Thank you so much, Jimin, Taehyung, Namjoon oppa.'

Yup, we are that close now.

'Shannon, you should make a toast, too!' Soobin says.

Oh, all 13 pairs of eyes are on me now. How lovely and awkward.

'Umm...' Shit, I can't think of anything! 'Cheers to making a lot of money!'

There is a brief two seconds of silence and they all burst into laughter.

Funny for those millionaires, but I was dead serious, but they don't have to know.

We are now seated at the table, where I'm seated between Jungkook and Seokjin Sunbae.

'Seokjin Sunbae, it's a pleasure to finally meet you!' I say to my senior.

He nods and says, 'thank you. I want to congratulate you on your successful debut showcase, too. I heard both the shows went amazing.'

I have to give it up to all my fans. They were cheering so loud that I'm pretty sure they worked the voices harder than I did. When the cameramen were zooming into my fans on the screens, I even saw some of them crying!  But I know they were tears of joy. Thinking about this gets me all teared up every time.

'Yes, thanks to all the fans and the staff's hard work.'

After another 5 minutes of conversation, Seokjin Sunbae and I exchanged numbers. This means that I officially have every single one of BTS and TXT members' numbers! Sav will be so proud!

Damn I think I'm slowly turning into a fan of theirs as well.

'Congrats on the debut,' Jungkook Sunbae , who's seated on my other side says.

'Thank you, Jungkook Sunbaenim.'

I'm not sure if it's an illusion but I think the corner of his eye twitched. Did I do something to anger him?

'Uhh, I'd like to thank you,' I say.

He puts down his teacup and turns his head to look at me directly. He's wearing his glasses today, but his eyes still look so bright and big underneath the lenses. He's also got a haircut recently even though I don't know when. The last time I saw him was at the night when Mr Park lashed out.

' For what?' He asks me.

'For saving me that night,' I reply. 'If it wasn't for you, God knows what he could've done to me.'

After a few seconds, he says, 'it's fine.'

'Is your leg okay?' Suddenly remembering that he got kicked and was even limping at the police station.

'Yeah, all good,' he replies coolly.

'That's gr...'

'Actually it still hurts,' he suddenly changes his statement.

Huh?

'Oh, I'm sorry about that.' What am I suppose to say?

'I think you should make it up to me.'

Huh?

'How do you suggest I do that?' I ask. I'm really curious about what he's gonna propose.

'By being a guest at our next concert.'

'Oh, Ok.'

'Wait what?'

I stare at him with both my eyes widened. I'm suddenly speechless.

'Come perform a song or two at our concert in Osaka next week,' he says.

'But I have two showcases in America next week!'

'Even better. We come back to Seoul for two concerts the week after the next. You can even come to both of them.'

'BTS is performing in front of 70,000 people in Seoul! And they even sold out both nights!' Freddie once told me.

'You mean... in front of 70,000 people?' My voice is trembling now.

'Is this how many people there are? I didn't know that. But yes,' he answers firmly.

'Who'd want to see a rookie idol at a BTS concert? Also, you guys are so talented I'm sure there won't even be enough time for me to sing my song.' That's the shittiest excuse I've ever thought of. Shame on you, Shannon.

Jungkook Sunbae stands up suddenly, and everyone instantly stops talking and looks at him.

He asks, 'RM hyung, can Shannon come perform at our concert?'

Jimin oppa immediately claps and says, ' that's a great idea!'

Namjoon oppa thinks for a few seconds and says,'hmm, I don't see why not.'

Oh no.

Oh no no no no no.

'But I'm not ready to perform in front of so many people!' I protest.

'You'll get used to it, that's why you need the practice,' Yoongi oppa says. Oh my god, even the all-giving-no-shits Yoongi oppa is showing a positive attitude towards Jungkook Sunbae's suggestion.

'I agree with Yoongi hyung,' Hoseok oppa follows.

'Oh, I want to see Shannon's performance, too. I read on the news that her live is really good even as a rookie,' Seokjin Sunbae says.

'Ahhh oppa!' I protest, giving them a bit of aegyo which I know Korean men cannot resist. But no, Shannon, this time you have to be tough. 'No, I mean, SUNBAEEEEEE!'

Seokjin Sunbae's face drops and I know the 'oppa' approach was no-doubt the better choice. Oops.

On my other side, Jungkook Sunbae has a smug smile on his face while he takes out his wallet and puts a credit card on the waiter's tray.

'You know it's traditional korean etiquette to listen to whoever paid that night.'

What? That's not even a thing!

'Ok! It's decided now! Shannon you're coming to our concert!' Hoseok oppa says.

'Arghhhh!'

----------------

After dinner, all of BTS decided to go back to work at BigHit. Since my dorm is so close to our company, I also got driven so Freddie doesn't have to come pick me up that late at night.

Speaking of working, they sure are hard-working as hell! Who goes back to work at 10pm after dinner?

They really deserve every award they got and so many more.

'Thank you for dinner, Sunbae. I thoroughly enjoyed the evening.'

'Goodnight, Shannon! See you tomorrow!' The Sunbaenims say their warm good nights to me.

'Shannon! Wait for me!' A voice behind me says as I turn to the direction towards my apartment.

Jungkook Sunbae jogs towards me. His hair looks glossy and soft under the street lamp. The jeans he's wearing are a skinny fit, but they only make his legs look slender and long.

'Jungkook Sunbaenim, why aren't you going into the building? Is there anything I can do for you? Not that I can d...'

Eww, what's with the mumbling?

'Why do you call me sunbae while you call my hyungs oppa?' He asks.

'I...um...there's...uhh...' I really cannot find a reasonable answer to his question.

'Except for Jin hyung, but you've only just met him today.'

I can't help but smile at him trying to explain for me.

'Why do you talk so little in front of your hyungs?' I ask.

'Ya, I'm asking you a question. You can't answer with another question.'

'Why don't we exchange answers? You go first,' I say.

' I talk a lot when there's only me and my hyungs,' he says.

'And you also talk a lot when there's only me and you. Then why does the presence of both me and them make a difference?' I ask.

He tilts his head which I've noticed is a little habit of his when he's being challenged. It's really cute.

He is really cute.

This sudden realisation makes my heart skip a beat, and I can only gasp at the feeling.

'Are you ok?' Jungkook Sunbae is alerted and tensed at my outburst.

'Yes, I'm fine, Jungkook Sunbaenim.'

He lets go of the hand that was on my arm to support me. Even though I'm not feeling dizzy at all, losing his grip on me makes me feel instantly weaker. 'Your turn to answer my question now.'

Before I noticed, we are already at the gate of my apartment. I don't have to be told to know inviting him up is possibly the worst idea in the whole universe.

Where did I even get the idea of inviting him up from? Wake the freak up, Shannon!

'Goodnight and please return safely, Jungkook oppa.' I give him my most genuine smile and head into the building.

My phone rings and it shows that Jungkook...oppa is calling me.

'Yeoboseyo?'

'Goodnight, Shannon,' he says and hangs up.

'Silly man,' I smile at my phone.

The moment I open the door to my apartment, something feels strange. A strong smell of cigarettes hit me right in the face.

I turn on the lights and tell myself that I'm just being paranoid. But the man who's sitting on my kitchen stool makes me scream in horror.

Mr Park.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 72 19
"If u can't accept me as ur eldest, if u can't respect me, u can keep ur mouth shut" " u r just an extra helper and guest in our home, so be in ur li...
18.6K 722 30
Serenity Adams used to be such a kind and soft person. She would give the shirt off her back if someone she cared for needed it more. However, the la...
1.5M 57.7K 48
[Complete] "So I'm not your bias?" When you land a job as a staff for BigHit, it's a dream come true, but things go downhill when one of your crush...
1.3K 55 23
This is a Taehyung ff. In this ff y/n is a very talented girl with a beautiful voice and amazing dance skills. But her parents think it's a waste of...