Show Me

By astoldbylani

"You could tell me you love me a million times over, but them words don't hold no weight in my heart till you... More

faces|disclaimer
I
II
III
IV
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV
XXXVI
XXXVII
XXXVIII
XXXIX
XL

XI

74.8K 4.7K 3.5K
By astoldbylani

As soon as Amere stepped in his house, his phone was ringing. He saw it was Cortez and he chuckled, thinking he was about to call and complain about his girl problems.

"Wassam?" he answered, heading up to his room.

"Bro you straight?" he asked, nervous.

"Yeah? I just stepped inna house, Tez. Why?" he answered, now confused at his tone of voice and why he sounded so worried. He sat his bag down at the foot of his bed.

"You talked to yo bi—" he paused and took a deep breath. "You talked to Stefani today? He asked him.

"Nah, why? Nigga why is you asking me so many questions? Wassup witchu?" Amere wondered. It was around 8:30, he had just gotten home from practice. It was literally two days after he landed back home from Los Angeles, and he hadn't had decent rest since. He had a game the day after and he never slept well after games.

"I'm gon send you something dawg. I need you to be calm after you see this shit, if you need me to come over I will," he prefaced, immediately making him suspicious. Without even knowing what was going on, his suspicions were slowly turning into anger.

"What is it?" he asked, ignoring the part about being calm.

"Saint, dawg promise you not gon do no crazy shit—"

"Tez, stop playing wit' me man, send it," he cut him off, making Tez sigh into the phone. He felt a small buzz, and he pulled the phone from his ear, to open the thread. It was a link to a twitter video, and whoever tweeted it simply said 'Damn, hope he straight.'

The preview didn't show much, so he was forced to open it, and he wished he could turn time back so he wouldn't have to see it.

He immediately recognized Stefani's body, he'd seen it enough times. She was on her knees, and by the sound in the video you didn't have to guess twice what she was doing. The camera panned over to finally show her face, and he was disgusted by it. He was tempted to turn it off when he felt anger rising in his chest as the video changed to her on her back, moaning loudly.

He couldn't even stomach watching the rest. He hung up the call with Tez and just stood. He stood in his room, and after a moment he chuckled to himself.

He shook his head and made his way to his basement, finding a bottle of anything, and cracking it open for a shot.

He wasn't even mad at her at this point. He was mad at himself.

He was mad at himself for letting it happen again, letting his heart get the best of him again, letting someone get close to him again, only to be treated like he wasn't worth shit. Again.

At this point he could only fault himself. Obviously, like he thought, it had to be him. Something had to be missing from him for this to continue to happen to him over and over, he just wished he knew what it was. That way maybe he could stop getting walked over, stop getting hurt, stop getting used.

Maybe he could just stop caring all together. Maybe he didn't need anyone.

After sitting alone with his thoughts, one shot turned to three. Three shots turned into a glass, and eventually the glass turned into the whole bottle. He couldn't even find the self control or the will to stop himself. Part of him didn't even care.

He just wanted to forget it all happened. He didn't care how he forgot it, he just wanted it to be gone.

Yanni was woken from her peaceful sleep by a repeated knocking at her front door, immediately jolting her into panic. Banging on her door was a very triggering thing to her, she could only remember Devin pounding on the bathroom door when she tried getting away from him.

But she knew Devin didn't know where she stayed anymore, so she took a few calming breaths before grabbing her taser from her nightstand and creeping to the front where the banging turning into a slow knock, which sounded even creepier.

She finally made it to the door and looked out the peephole, face immediately contorting into a confused expression when she saw Amere sitting, not standing, but sitting on her doormat. She quickly unlocked the door and he scrambled to his feet, turning around to face her.

"Amere what the hell are you—"

"Yanni! You up, th-thank God," he said, very loudly.

"Boy shut the hell up! Come in here," she pulled him in, shutting the door behind him. "Amere it is two in the morning what are you doing here? How did yo—are you drunk?!" she gasped, smelling the alcohol all the way from where she stood.

"I-I just wanted ta' see you man. I been—I been drinkin' a li' bit," he shrugged.

"Amere. Please don't tell me you drove here drunk, please," she said, noticing him beginning to sway on his feet. "Jesus Christ, come sit down," she sighed, pulling him over to the couch where he plopped down with a hard sigh, staring up at the ceiling.

"Thank you," he said.

"You're welcome, Mere. Now answer me, did you drive to my house drunk?" she asked, standing directly in front of him, arms crossed. She was terrified that something may have happened while he was driving, and he wasn't coherent enough to know.

"Y-yeah," he mumbled. "You mad at me?" he asked her, sounding like an innocent child. But she was pissed so she didn't care.

"Wh—Yes! Amere you could have killed somebody! You could have killed yourself, Saint. You can't do shit like that no more, you hear me? I need you to be safe. If you would have called me, I would have picked up," she sighed. "Why did you drink so much, man? What happened?" she asked, squatting in front of him.

She couldn't even see his face, but could tell something was wrong. He never drank so much.

"It happened again," he chuckled bitterly.

"What happened again?" she asked, tilting her head.

"I got cheated on, again," he said, staring at her ceiling. "It was all ova' social media, Stefani takin' dick and suckin' dick all on camera and shit, can't even get in contact wit' her ass," he spoke, making her angry.

She immediately felt anger rising in her chest, and her face got hot. If there was one thing she never seen, it was Amere upset like this, and she hated it. His whole disposition changed, he was blackout drunk, and he put his life in danger.

Her first thought was to run down on Stefani's ass, she knew what Yanni was about. Yanni also knew she'd barely get two words in to explain herself before she was eating concrete. She hated when her friends felt pain and she only wanted the person who caused it to feel it too.

"Amere, I-I'm sorry, I didn't know," she said, starting to feel bad for fussing at him.

"Ain' yo' fault," he said. "I ain't even mad at her," he said, chuckling again. "I'm fuckin' mad at myself," he said. She wanted to speak again, but he beat her to it, beginning to rant. "It's like I don't never learn. I keep lettin' these fuck ass people in my life, I keep trustin' people wit' my heart an' wit' me, and I keep gettin' let down," he said, his voice completely monotonous.

"Amere, that's not your fault," she said softly, sitting by him on the couch. "It's nothin' you could have done to know she wasn't the one for you, you not at fault for having a big heart," she continued, getting emotional at seeing him so broken up.

"It is! It is my fuckin fault, I keep lettin' this shit go on, and all I do is keep goin back to lookin' fa' somebody to fill up that empty shit I feel in my chest. I'on think it's nothin' out thea' fa' me," he said, finally sitting up straight, and looking at her, his pain stricken expression shocking her a bit.

"Amere—"

"What if I wasn't meant ta' be loved, Yaya? What if I don't deserve that shit," he looked at her with tears in his eyes. "What if it ain' nobody out there fa' me? Maybe—Maybe I was just supposed to be alone? It don't seem like it's no love out thea' fa' me man," he continued, voice cracking.

Yanni didn't know what to say. But when she heard his voice crack, her body moved faster than her brain. She stood up on her feet and stood in between his open legs, holding his head against her body. His arms moved and hugged her around her waist while silent tears rolled rapidly down his face.

It broke her heart to know someone she, and so many others, cared so deeply for could feel that way about himself. He had so much love for everyone else, to think he didn't know if he deserved love back actually hurt her.

"That's not true, Amere. There's so many people who love you and only want the best for you," she rubbed the back of his head, listening to him sniffling. "There's somebody out there for everybody, just let her find you," she tried soothing him. "You deserve love, you are loved, you will always be loved. Just because she didn't see it, doesn't mean it's not for you, you hear me?" she said, pulling away from him, holding his face in her hand.

He looked back up at her with glossy eyes and she sent a smile his way, even though she felt like crying too, and he just hugged her close again. 

"Yes ma'am," he sniffed and she sighed quietly, rubbing his head, letting him comfort himself.

The next day, Amere woke up, head banging. He immediately groaned a all the light shining in the room he was in, making his head hurt even further.

He looked around with squinted eyes, and realized he definitely wasn't in his basement. His eyes widened when he realized who's house he was actually in. Before he could even get up on his feet, the door opened and shut, making him turn around to see E'ani standing in front of him.

"Oh, good afternoon," she smiled. "It's noon, I'm glad you're finally up, I was about to wake you. Here, I bought you some stuff for your head. I went and got breakfast too, I'll leave it—"

"Wait—what about practice and—"

"I called Pederson, told him you been throwing up and stuff, he said rest up," she clarified, making him breathe out a sigh of relief. He didn't know what happened last night, but he was happy it happened here, otherwise his ass would be grass.

"Aye," she called, making him look up at her. "Listen to me aight? I know you had a rough night, and we don't even have to talk about that right now. But hear me when I say—if you ever drive drunk again, I don't care if you're tipsy, or you think you're okay. If you ever drink and drive again, I'm on yo' ass, you hear me?" she said threateningly, making his eyes go wide as she pointed a perfectly manicured finger at him.

He didn't even know he drove. All he remembered was trying to text her and then...he was in her living room then next morning.

"You hear me, Boudreaux?" she snapped.

"Yes ma'am," he nodded. Her face relaxed after he answered.

"Good. Now I'm bout to see if I can get this shit on the Shadroom taken care of, lay yo ass down and take that medicine, I'll be back to check on you," she said.

"E'ani!" he called when she started disappearing down the hall.

"Yeah?" she called back, turning to look at him.

"Thank you, man," he sighed. A smile spread across her face and she nodded.

"Just doing my job, Saint,"

pack in the mail, she's gone!

hi everyone :) i wanted to hit y'all with two tonight just because ily so much lol.

y'all wanted syringe gone, she's gone. what are our thoughts on her? what should yanni do next time she sees her?

poor amere. i wanna hug him :/ what are our thoughts on his drunken rant?

e'ani's response?

i hope y'all enjoyed! lemme know what you wanna seeeee 🌚

till next time 💕

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Forbidden By 🤍

Fanfiction

16.4K 1.3K 24
𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐤𝐧𝐞𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐫𝐮𝐥𝐞𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐝𝐚𝐭𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐟𝐟...
175K 8.1K 132
16 and not pregnant but inlove.. just read yall I'm not too good at writing descriptions. Is a completed story.
4.8K 214 13
choosing between the two of them seemed impossible. it was like asking which arm i'd rather lose.
52.7K 1.9K 39
Two women are in love with newly rising football star. One dedicated her love since high school and one fell in love overnight. Who will win once the...