Together, Forever?

By nadiyaneha

Twila Baker was a simple, normal teenage girl just like any of us. A loving family, good grades, a crazy best... More

"Hi! I'm Twila Baker"
"He noticed me? "
Chapter 3
"Ryan Walker in my room?"
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
"Let's bake !!!!"
Conversations
Chapter 9
"Never wished him to notice me"
The Aftermath
Meet the grandparents
Reliving childhood days
Chapter 14
A new friend?
One of the best nights
Chapter 17
A little sister time, is good for the soul
Chapter 20
The Big Revelation
Mom and Dad meets Ryan
"Am I?"
"I just wanna See You"
Chapter 25
"I like you"
Chapter 27
The Date
"Are you breaking up with me?"
"Only if it was that easy."
The Reunion

"Bye Aiden, hope to see you again"

86 20 8
By nadiyaneha

I thought to myself that never in my life I'd go on a ride with a complete stranger. That's so not me. But I don't know why he was different. Even though I haven't met him earlier, he seemed familiar. And the warmth in his words, were enough. I wanted to know more about him. As I was lost in these thoughts, he interrupted me.

"Hey, where'd you get lost. I must say you think so much."

"Yeah, I have heard that earlier." I said smiling at the thought of the person who said that to me earlier. I wonder what he's doing right now.
"Where are we going by the way?"

"Have patience girl. You're about to find out."

After travelling for, I think about 20 more minutes, the car finally came to a halt. And the thing I saw in front of me, just left me awestruck.

"Is this the....." My voice trailed off.

"Yep. It is the Country Music Hall of Fame. I just guessed that you're a music lover. And what could be a better place than this for any music lover. I hope you liked it. " He said shyly.

"Like it??... I love it. Thanks for this wonderful surprise." I said.

For the next one hour we walked around the place. Aiden was a music lover too, so he showed me all the interesting things. We were walking and on time to time Aiden was filling me with new and different information about the hall.

"Do you know the Museum has about more than 2.5 million artifacts ranging from performance costume to manuscripts." He informed me while I was already awestruck by seeing all of this. "The museum has 466 guitars in its collection."

"Wow." I replied with astonishment. Once I reach home I am excited to share all the facts and informations with Mom, Dad and Ali. I know that they will be thrilled to hear it.

I devoured everything with my eyes, trying to grasp the maximum. Time flies really fast, we didn't realise that almost an hour had passed.

"Hey, are you deciding to spend the whole time here. C'mon, let's get going. I have to show you other places."

"Yeah, I was just.......I'm Sorry I got lost. Let's go."

The next destination, I don't feel like that was it. He parked the car in the general parking lot in downtown Nashville.

"Well, we are taking a walk down Broadway." He said by seeing the confusion on my face.

"Broadway?"

"Yep. It is a major thoroughfare. And I assure you this would be a great experience. You could walk , right?"

"Haha....very funny. I'm not that lazy, alright. Let's get started."

The street was really beautiful. I could see retail shops, restaurants, dessert spots, community centres, etc . And I enjoyed walking alongside with him.

"This place is usually more beautiful in the evenings. You know, with all the lightings. "

"Gosh, will you not let me leave this place. I already don't feel like going."

"Let me take you to my frequently visiting place."

"This ice cream parlour?" I said giggling.

"What? Boys can't have ice cream?"

"No, I just didn't think that this could be your frequently visited place."

"Yeah, why not? Whenever I'm sad or feeling low, I have ice cream. And this really boosts the mood."

"But why would such a bubbly fun loving person like you be sad so often."

"Which flavour will you have?" He said hesitantly, completely ignoring my question.

"Chocolate."

"Really?"

"Yeah, why?"

"We really do share the same taste."

And then we talked, laughed. With each minute coming close to my leaving, I felt a bit sad.
"C'mon let's head to our next destination."

"You really are full of surprises."

"Our next stop is another one of my favourite places to chill. It's walking distance from here."

"So what's the delay. Let's go."

After walking for 10 minutes, we reached, I think it's a park. And I was confirmed when he said
"It's the Shelby park."

Once we got in, I understood why it's one of his favourite places. There were playgrounds, dog parks, baseball fields, golf course, etc. It seemed really calm and peaceful. I could see a son and father playing in the playground, a family who were laughing and eating, many lovely couples, people coming for a walk with their dogs, but there were only a countable people. So there wasn't much of a crowd.
The sound of leaves rattling in the gentle breeze really felt soothing. After walking for some time, we decided to take rest on a wooden bench that we spotted there.
"So you usually come here alone?" I asked, trying to make a conversation.

"Yeah, I like coming here alone and enjoy the nature. I have many friends but I guess none of them has time, so yeah...I come alone."

"Why did you bring me then?"

"You don't seem to me like them. I think you really are genuine. And I'd love to share this place with a beautiful person like you." I blushed at his words. Yeah, I really can't help it.

"Man, you really blush a lot. "

"I don't think so, even though I've heard that earlier as well." Tried my best not to accept that fact.

"Hey, do you mind if I take a picture?" I asked.

"Of course, not."
It has been like a habit to me. Whenever I have an amazing time, a time I'd never want to forget in my life , I take a picture. Because, I feel that we cannot rewind back time, but photographs really help us to live that moment again. And this is a moment which I'd love to live again and again in my entire life.

We sat there for a while, without talking. But the silence wasn't awkward. Infact, I liked it. The leaves rattling , the chirping of birds gave company.

"It's nearly time for lunch. I've thought of where to take you now. So move your butt." He said.

We got into his car and the next place that Aiden took me to was a cafe. The Well Coffeehouse. Aiden ordered us burgers and fries. We then sat on a table which was just near the window. The vibe in that cafe was really awesome. It was a cozy place with some music playing in the background. While we waited for our order, I decided to click some more pictures to keep as a memory. Shortly after that, our order arrived and I couldn't help myself but to dive into the food. I was really hungry. As I was having it, Aiden spoke.

"I wished you could've stayed a little longer."

"Yeah, but Mom and Dad needs to get back at work, Ali and I too have school. Wish I had met you a little early."

"Hmm... So you're in junior year, I suppose?"

"Yup that's right....What about you?"

"Well I finished high school long back and right now I am trying to apply in a decent university." He said finishing off his last piece of French fries.

"That's nice...so you live with your parents?" As soon as I asked him the question his face turned pale.

"Actually not. My mum died when I was four, since then I've living with my grandparents."

"Aiden, I'm really sorry about your Mum. But..but what about your dad, doesn't he live with you guys ?"

"No, he doesn't.... He actually lives in New York. Ever since my mum died he and I have not been in good terms." He said faking a smile, but I could feel the hurt underneath. "But before dying, mum made me promise to visit him at least once in a year. So to keep her promise I do that, even if I don't want to. He also sent me allowances but I prefer to live on my own. I do a part time job." He said blankly.

I put my hand over his, squeezing gently just as a reassuring, comforting gesture and asked, "Why is that, why do you have such bad blood for your father? "

He was quiet for a minute and then replied, "Hey now, enough about me...it's your turn. Tell me about yourself. Who do you live with?" He asked, clearly ignoring me.

"As you know I live with my Mom, Dad and this little pain in my ass Ali. She could be irritating at times, but she understands me very well and is very supportive. "

"Wow, you're so lucky." He said in a bit low tone.

"Hey....you know what, even though I'm leaving today but I can assure you this is not our last meet. You come to visit your father once every year in New York and I think I've said earlier, I live in New York too. And thus, we can spend time whenever you visit." I said trying to cheer up his mood. I could see his face lighten up a bit.

"Let's not waste more time in talking, I've one final place to take you to. We have one more hour, I think."

"What? There's more? I thought this was it." Even though, I was happy on inside.

He then took me to a , I didn't think it was a tourist spot. In front of me I saw a bit small but simple and beautifully decorated home, a farm and a beautiful garden.

"Come with me." He hold my hand and took me inside.
"Nana I'm home, and I have a guest." He turned turned to me and said "Miss Twila Baker, I present in front of you, my house. This is where I live with my this lovely people." He said gesturing towards, I guess were his grandparents.

"This is really beautiful. And it's so cozy in here."

His grandparents were happy too on seeing me, I could make that by their facial expression. The rest of the time we all talked, they shared stories about Aiden's childhood and all I could say is I enjoyed it. Enjoyed to the fullest.

Soon the time came for me to leave and with a heavy heart I said them goodbye.

"I will really miss this, miss you actually. You made me feel so special. But I guess now it's time for me to return back to my normal life. Bye Aiden, hope to see you again."

"I hope so too."

Aiden dropped me off at my house and we said our goodbyes. I could see Dad loading our stuff into the back of our car. Everyone were already outside, I guess they were waiting for me.

"Oh, am I late?" I asked.

"No, sweetie that's fine. We are ready, go and say your goodbye to Gramps and Gramms." Mom said with a reassuring smile. I nodded and said my goodbyes to them. I also promised them that I'll visit them soon. Dad started the engine and all of us got into the car. On the way I told them everything that Aiden and I did today. Mom and dad were really fascinated while Ali seemed a bit jealous though. Well I enjoyed everything that we did today and gosh I'm definitely going to miss Nashville so much.
************

Author's note:
Hey guys.. How are you all? How did you like the chapter? This was a very difficult chapter for us to write, so if there are any typos or mistakes please ignore them. Lastly vote, comment, follow and share our story. Till then take care. We'll meet you in the next chapter. Adios Amigos.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

462K 27.2K 44
The story continues to unfold, with secrets unraveling and new dangers lurking in the shadows. The Chauhan family must stay united and face the chall...
501K 14.6K 61
Silent, unforgiving and strikingly gorgeous, Rylan Parker is a cold-hearted businessman. An intimidating CEO, perfectly fitted in tailored suits and...
1.8M 127K 45
"Why the fuck you let him touch you!!!"he growled while punching the wall behind me 'I am so scared right now what if he hit me like my father did to...
712K 43.6K 38
She was going to marry with her love but just right before getting married(very end moment)she had no other choice and had to marry his childhood acq...