Wanted: Gay Boyfriend (Comple...

By eommamia

A woman with the highest degree of honor and pride would not allow a man with no dreams to ruin her wonderful... More

PROLOGUE
CHAPTER 1
CHAPTER 2
CHAPTER 3
CHAPTER 4
CHAPTER 5
CHAPTER 6
CHAPTER 7
CHAPTER 8
CHAPTER 9
CHAPTER 10
CHAPTER 11
CHAPTER 12
CHAPTER 13
CHAPTER 15
CHAPTER 16
CHAPTER 17
CHAPTER 18
CHAPTER 19
CHAPTER 20
CHAPTER 21
CHAPTER 22
CHAPTER 23
CHAPTER 24
CHAPTER 25
CHAPTER 26
CHAPTER 27
CHAPTER 28
CHAPTER 29
CHAPTER 30
CHAPTER 31
CHAPTER 32
CHAPTER 33
CHAPTER 34
CHAPTER 35
ACKNOWLEDGMENT
EPILOGUE
PA-PROMOTE!

CHAPTER 14

2.6K 148 33
By eommamia

TANYA'S POV

Suddenly, as we were enjoying our morning, Mama murmured in a dejected voice, “It's been five years since Corazon joined us in a meal.”

Her name has come up again! I'm going to lose my appetite soon, I can tell. It's a good thing I have almost finished eating.

I responded, “She's busy,” and Papa jerked his head twice. Despite the fact that they haven't been on good terms for five years, I can tell he still cares deeply about her brat daughter. “Alam mo na, masyadong nagdamdam sa breakup nila ni Silver kaya hindi nakapasok ng isang buwan sa trabaho,” I continued. 

“Who was around her when she was messed up after that failed relationship?” Papa questioned.

Tss, as though he's clueless. Alam ko naman na alam niya at alam niya rin kung ano na ang mga nangyayari kay Corazon. 

“Of course, none other than, her best friend, 'yong tinuturing niyang kapatid kaysa sa amin,” I replied. Mama looked at me as if I said something wrong. Ganyan naman siya lagi, palibhasa favorite niya si Corazon kahit disappointed siya sa anak niya at kahit hindi naman siya nirerespeto nito.

“Since we are her family, we ought to be supporting one another. After that breakup, she should have returned home so we could comfort her,” Papa said firmly.

I couldn't help it; I let out a little chuckle. Nagbago na talaga ang ihip ng hangin. Mukhang miss na miss niya na si Corazon. Tss!

“Pa, we had been warning her that her ex-boyfriend was a jerk but she didn't give a damn, so she must be ashamed when she discovered for herself that her ex was actually cheating on her. And knowing Corazon, she raised her pride to its highest point. Five years na nga siyang hindi umuuwi dito, 'di ba? So, don't anticipate that she would come right here after the breakup,” Rosa stated.

“But as her family, we should always be able to understand her,” he remarked, which caused me to smirk bitterly.

She made no effort to understand us, so we don't need to understand her as well.

Corazon has always been self-centered and a perfectionist, but ironically, she is not perfect at all.

And although our parents instilled in Corazon the importance of good manners and proper behavior when she was young, we are unsure of how or why she developed this attitude issue.

“Next Friday is my birthday, and I'm expecting everyone to be home,” he said in his most serious tone. He then stood straight and was about to leave the dining area when he turned his back again and looked at us, more specifically at Rosa and me. “So, starting today, convince your sisters, Paulie, Jannica, and Corazon to attend my special day,” he added that making us all perplexed. He then concluded by saying, “If your sisters won't be here on that day, none of you will be promoted.”

We exchanged startled glances. Nobody will get a promotion? That means Rosa might still be unable to serve as the company's controller, then. She will continue to work for the business as an accountant!

And me? I am still the CEO's secretary. Ugh! I'm becoming worn out! I want to take the presidency as quickly as possible.

Mama got up and flashed a quick smile. She was mindful that we dislike her favorite daughter. Tss.

Rosa sighed heavily and said, “We have no option, Tanya, whether we hate it or we hate it, Corazon must be there on Papa's birthday.”

What else can we do? Tss. We had better prepare ready since dealing with Corazon is never easy.

CORA'S POV

I sat back in my swivel chair and says, “Tanya, please, I'm busy and I don't have time for your foolish game.”

Since our previous conversation, which was a month ago, it has been a waste of time. Pinupuntahan lang naman kasi ako ng mga ate ko to ruin my day.

My sisters constantly treat me like I'm the outcast of the family and make me feel shame. The reason why I am so envious of other sisters who support and love each other.

“I'm not playing a game with you, Cora, I'm serious, I'm here to visit you,” she responded with her best smile.

Tss. Mukha niya! Does she think I'm stupid to believe in her? Duh.

When Freiya noticed that I was looking at him as he was glumly listening behind us, he smiled. "Labas muna ako?" he mouthed. But I quickly shook my head.

Gusto kong si Tanya mismo ang magpakalat ng balita sa pamilya namin na may bago na akong boyfriend. For sure, magiging hot topic na naman nila ako.

“By the way, who is he?” Tanya asked, a smile spreading across her face as she fixed a direct gaze on Freiya.

I got up and walked over to the couch, where I sat down next to him. Halata namang nagulat siya, pero nanatili naman siyang kalmado pagkatapos. And with a hint of pride and confidence in my voice, I said, "My boyfriend."

Tumayo naman si Freiya at inilahad ang kamay niya. “I'm Jared Cuesta, Corazon's boyfriend,” pagpapakilala pa niya. Although he was able to meet her gaze gently, I could sense that he was terribly uneasy.

But, I'm not sure why Tanya's face had a strange smile on it as they shook hands. To be frank, that made me nervous.

What if she is aware of Freiya's true identity? Or maybe it was because he referred to me as Corazon?

God! Okay, I'll go with the latter!

“Such an eye-catching man. You should bring him to Papa's birthday, Cora,” she said, keeping her weird smirk. “My sister has always been ‘blessed’ when it comes to her lover," and this time, her eyes were already on me.

I hissed. That word was emphasized fervently by her. Its dual meaning was obvious to me.

But, did she say Papa's birthday? So, am I now invited? Hah! No, thanks!

Nasanay na ako na hindi dumadalo sa birthday niya. Huling beses akong dumalo ay 18 years old pa lang ako, so that's five years ago, and after that, I was already forbidden from attending his birthday party or any other family gatherings. 

“Are you kidding me? Are we even fine, Tanya? Alam mong hindi, 'di ba? So, what's the point of attending his birthday and bringing my boyfriend when he doesn't even care about me? All of you!”

I wanted to control myself, but obviously, I burst out! Kapag talaga pamilya o si Papa ang pinag-uusapan ay hindi ko nakokontrol ang emosyon ko.

“Cora!” Her brows are now knit together. “Hindi ka ba nahihiya sa mga pinagsasabi mo? At nandito pa 'yong boyfriend mo. God!” she uttered while shaking her head. I chuckled at the hint of disappointment in her voice.

Ulol! Kilala niya ako, alam niya na kapag ako ang nagsalita lahat ng gusto kong sabihin ay sinasabi ko, hindi ako nahihiya. Do I even know that word?

“I don't want to take this too long, Tanya, so cut the crap. What is really your intention for coming here?”

Masyado nang humahaba ang usapan, pero hindi ko pa rin alam kung ano nga ba talaga ang ipinunta niya rito. I just hope she has a worthy reason, dahil kung hindi, the next time she comes here, I'll never make an effort to entertain her. I don't want to waste my precious time on no-good matters.

“Actually, nasabi ko na, Papa wants you to be there on his birthday.”

Hindi ko napigilang matawa. My God! She really loses her brain somewhere. Did she think she can persuade me? Never!

“Para saan?”

“Anong para saan? You are still his daughter, Cora, he wants you to be there because it's his special day, hindi pa ba 'yon sapat na rason para pumunta ka?”

“After five years maririnig ko 'yan? Do you want me to believe in you? Is that really the reason why I'm invited? Or, you guys are planning to broadcast how rebellious am I and that the four of you were the only ones who grow up so well and family-oriented?” I kept my voice calm, my gaze steady, and I held my nerve. I had to pretend that I am damn fine!

Halata namang nagulat siya sa kanyang mga narinig. Well, ngayon ko lang naman kasi iyon sinabi. Simula nang umalis ako sa bahay namin ay wala silang narinig ni-isang rant mula sa akin, pero sila, napakarami! Ang hilig-hilig nilang makisawsaw sa buhay ko kahit itinuring na nila akong hindi kasapi ng pamilya.

“Cora, I can't believe you! Ikaw lang naman ang nag-iisip niyan, eh!”

“Because it's what I feel, Tanya!”

Sh*t! Hindi ko inaakala na ngayon na ako sasabog. I just can't take it any longer, I want to relieve my burden. Gusto ko ng sabihin ang lahat para isang bagsakan lang.

“Since I was young, I always feel belittled when I'm with you, with Paulie, Rosa, and Jannica! I've been your inferior in any aspect! Beauty, brain, attitude, accomplishments, everything!” I paused, swallowed, and held my head back to prevent the tears from falling in my eyes, “And for the first time that I followed my own decision, the decision I've thought will make me superior among all of you... you've suddenly turned your back on me. Mama was so disappointed, Papa disowned me, I lose my sisters when all I ever wanted was to hear that you're proud of me! Proud kayo na kaya kong bumuo ng sarili kong negosyo, proud kayo sa narating ko, pero hindi ko 'yon narinig!”

This time, I let my freaking tears fall down. I am mixed emotions, but I am so proud of myself. Finally, I speak out, at kahit papaano ay naibsan ang lungkot at poot sa puso ko. 

I released a heavy sigh when she was still out of words to say. “Umalis ka na,” I said in a very low voice. She gave me one last glance before she turned and finally walked away.

Wala rin naman akong gustong marinig sa kanya dahil alam kong ikakamatay niya ang paghingi ng tawad. My sisters are full of themselves, they never apologize even though they knew it was their mistake.

I expelled another long, heavy sigh as I sat back on the couch. My day's totally ruined. I think I should go home and take a rest, a long rest!

“Gets ko na.” I heard Freiya say while he was standing in front of me. “Kaya pala ayaw mong kinokompara ka sa iba, kaya gusto mong ikaw lang ang maganda at matalino dahil pala sa mga kapatid mo,” tatango-tango pang sabi niya.

“You're right. I become weary of being compared to them and repeatedly lose in the end. Kaya gusto ko na kahit sa iba man lang, manguna ako.” Tears started to stream down my cheeks once again as a smile spread across my face.

Freiya sat next to me and wiped my tears away for the second time around. Medyo nahihiya na talaga ako sa kanya.

“Masyado ka ng nagiging emotional, Bu,” he stated while seeming worried. He then flashed a smile at me as his hand began to caress my back. “Alam mo, Corazon, hindi naman talaga naiiwasan na ma-i-kompara tayo sa iba, normal na 'yang gawain ng lahat. But I just want to remind you that even if they do continue to compare you to others, your beauty is still extraordinary, your intelligence is still no joke, and even though your attitude might occasionally be out of bounds, you are still such a nice person and accomplishments? Shuta, Corazon, hindi ko yata kayang isa-isahin 'yon.” We both let out a slight laugh before he continued speaking, “Kaya 'wag mong isipin na hindi ka importante at ang liit-liit mo pagdating sa mga kapatid mo dahil sa totoo lang, you are special, different, and valuable because God made you that way, tandaan mo 'yan.”

I stared at him with teary eyes and said, “Thank you, Freiya,” with my utmost sincerity.

“Wala 'yon.”

“Paano ba kitang mababayaran sa pagpapagaan ng damdamin ko?”

“Labas tayo.”

“Huh?”

“Forget about your work, forget about what happened, I want to see you smile and hear you laugh genuinely. 'Yan na 'yong pambayad mo sa'kin.”

If Freiya wasn't here, I probably have gone home, not to take a rest, but to drink myself to death alone. He's giving me another reason again to be grateful that I've known him.

“Gora?” he asked and I nodded my head straight away. 

I deserve to be happy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

174K 8.1K 49
Roses are RED, Violets are BLUE. A boyish-girl named RED fell in love with a gay named BLUE. ✔ Completed: May 24, 2020
260K 5.7K 45
kwento ni Lena the Virgin and Lian the Beki ? matawa , maiyak, mautot at mabaliw sa kwentong medyo may aral. Medyo lang naman haha . PAUNAWA: bunga n...
1.7M 33.6K 62
She's just a simple girl with a crazy twin brother who asked for her help to disguise as him. But she didn't know that disguising as her twin brother...
71.8K 2.1K 15
Meet the P5NTA Brothers! THE five 'hawt' guys, with old name, old fame, and old money. Introducing: CLINT MONTEVERRO - The Campus Sweetheart/Cold-Hea...