Cold Like Death: Shoto Todoro...

By TeruTategami

One second she was smiling at the cold white bliss, the next she were enveloped in ice and a vision that fade... More

Chapter 1: Frozen In Time
Chapter 2: Late Night Sleepover
Chapter 3: Pride
Chapter 4: Morning
Chapter 5: The Cool Down
Chapter 6: Dad
Chapter 7: The Family
Chapter 8: The File
Chapter 9: The Gauntlet
Chapter 10: The Trials
Chapter 11: Doppelgangers Galore
Chapter 12: Jealousy
Chapter 13: Home Is Where The Heart Is
Chapter 14: Cherry Blossoms
Chapter 15: Cats & Blind Dates
Chapter 17: The Odds
Chapter 18: Fire & Ice
Chapter 19: The Investigation
Chapter 20: Awakening
Chapter 21: Hide
Chapter 22: Home
Chapter 23: Blue
Chapter 24: The Girl In Need Of A Hero
Chapter 25: Rescue
Chapter 26: Parting Ways
Chapter 27: We're All Connected
Chapter 28: The Final Destination
Chapter 29: The Beginning of the End

Chapter 16: Taken For Granted

1K 65 76
By TeruTategami

I got an extra long chapter here for you all. 7110 Words. By the time I finished what I initially thought was the THIS chapter, it was too short for me to call it one. Therefore, I merged two chapters into one.

I'll personally make some fanart for Shun in the future since quite a few of you want a mini x Reader book for him in the future (In which I will eventually do). But, for now, the wonderful WinterWolf1377 made her own version of Shun and I gotta say that I really like it.

Heavy ground tremering footsteps originated from the purple haired popsicle as he had all eyes on him. All eyes from his team mates to the students and pros who observed everything over the surveillance monitors. Okay... What exactly was Shun doing? The boy was chanting, "Birdie Birdie Birdie! Chirp Chirp Chirp!!!" While his bionic limbs formed to make wing gestures while his lower half clumsily danced around. Is he on crack? Either way, leave it to a jackass to ruin a precious heart to heart moment right?

Midoriya snickered at the boy's actions but ultimately had growing concern for his friend. "I've already called you a dumbass but what's gotten into you?" Shoto sighed for he thankfully read just about everyone's mind. While it was hard for anything to phase Shoto, truly difficult indeed, (Y/n)'s brother acting like a crackhead wasn't one of those things surprisingly. All in all, the two toned boy just wants to know why he's acting more idiotic than usual.

"Serious moments make me wanna barf!" Shun ceased his actions all to give two big mechanical thumbs down. "Besides I'm acting like the key to our puzzle and calling me a dumbass was a one time thing ya Moron!!!" The male snapped at his sister's lover with mist fleeing his body. Shoto quickly noted that whenever both (Y/n) and her brother are angry, cold mist will waft from their bodies. Two incredibly strong ice quirks that had the same drawbacks and gives. Nevertheless, despite the small genetic similarities, Shun wasn't wrong. The key to the puzzle was engraved into the wall in the shape of an eagle of sorts. It had fanned out wings of baby and navy blue feathers, hooked feet and a rounded yellow beak. "Can we start on the puzzle already? We've already fucked around the last ten minutes and I don't wanna be stuck doing a lame ass puzzle all day!" In fact, the purple haired boy pulled on his half mask, took a deep breath in, and dropped down on all fours. His palms perched at the edge of the tile before he pulled together his brute strength to inch the tile forward. While he made everything look easy, being the tile slid with ease, (Y/n) and Midoriya joined Shun and started pushing on the tiles but could barely move them without help from their quirks unlike the monster.

(Y/n) sighed, "yeah I'm not gonna do this."

"You're already giving up!?" Shun squawked.

"No," (Y/n) rubbed her burning palms. It wasn't heat that burned at her palms but pure pain. "There has to be an easier way to do this." At this rate, she'll use all her strength on the first trial and make it no further.

"What if you three covered the floor in ice?" Momo called (Y/n), Shoto and Shun out as she knelt down and brushed the lowered flooring withholding the puzzle with her delicate fingers. It was rough, like concrete, friction was their number one enemy here. "The tiles WILL slide easier with less friction."

"Yeah!" Midoriya exclaimed. "Since Shun and I are really strong, we can push the tiles and you two can conserve your strength! You both can watch over us and tell us where to move all the tiles," that plan ultimately sounded sexist yet Midoriya's plan was also pure genius! Momo is at the top of the class academically, she should be able to figure out the slide puzzle with ease! (Y/n) can help figure out the puzzle while also conserving her strength. Everyone wins.

"Okay then," (Y/n) ran over to one side of the puzzle and stomped the floor. The ground beneath the sliding tiles was kissed by everlasting cold for a glossy blue finish that sparkled under the low lighting. She made sure to wrap her heated cloak around her body to regain the warmth she forfeited for the mission at hand. The next move was in sight! "Midoriya move your piece all the way to the right!"

"On it!" Midoriya activated his quirk, his body embraced by blinding bolts of green electricity. He reeled back his right leg, bringing it forward with blinding speed to strike the tile! The tile rammed into the other pieces with great force.

"Shun!" Momo chipped in. "The piece behind you, move it forward!"

"And it's up against a wall..." The boy groaned. There's no easy way he can get a good grip on the tile.

In the meantime, Shoto stood beside his girlfriend. He remained uncomfortably silent with no other choice but to sit back and watch the group problem solve and give the occasional bickering banter. There wasn't any room for him to help and honestly he wouldn't be able to solve this puzzle even if he put his mind to it. Not to forget, Shoto still feels awful for snapping at (Y/n) earlier. While he was in the right, it wasn't okay for him to dictate his lover, that much Shoto knew. He could've just calmly explained why he didn't want (Y/n) to talk with Momo. Instead, he acted like his father, his controlling abusive excuse for a father. That was the last thing Shoto wanted to take from his father's side when it was that exact behavior that broke his family apart in the first place.

About ten minutes into the puzzle, the puzzle wasn't even a quarter to completion. Almost everyone was losing their patience with Shun as he wasn't very good with given orders, even when they're as simple and clear as day. Luckily, Midoriya had the patience and tried guiding the boy step by step through everything the girls couldn't. Call it either overworking or a freak accident, a loud snap echoed off the walls as Shun fell flat onto his back suddenly with the loss of his leg. It fell off! Once again, it came as a surprise that nobody was phased and didn't exactly jump into action. He was lying on the ground as they spoke all the while trying to roll up his pant leg to reattach his limb. "So fucking irritating..." Shun hissed. He's beginning to understand why schools in the past were against enrolling him for being handicapped if his prosthetic came off with ease. It wasn't until Shoto left his place to (Y/n)'s side to help his girlfriend's brother with his little problem that (Y/n) finally took notice of Shoto's heavy presence. She wasn't exactly sure if she was empathetic or could just read emotions with ease, but the air around Shoto was heavy. The heavy atmosphere was unsettling. It left her to wonder what's going on within Shoto's head as they got his leg reattached. Shoto, without asking for permission, used his ice to basically weld the false limb to what remained of Shun's leg for good. Oddly enough, it was a good idea. "Th-Thanks bro..." Shun was astonished with a lack of words.

"Can I suggest something?" Shoto turned towards his group yet none of them responded. "Can we pop the tiles off the floor and rearrange them? Like how you can peel the stickers off a Rubik's cube? This is taking too long..." Not solving the puzzle as quickly as Shoto prefers isn't the problem here. There has to be something else bothering him.

Momo and Midoriya kept exchanging worrisome glances with one another. "Isn't that cheating?" Momo finally admitted outright.

"Our only guidelines were to solve the puzzle," Shun tuts.

(Y/n) ran up to Shoto and thrashed on his chest, "Why didn't you speak up sooner!?"

Is she playing around or can she not throw a punch? It's still adorable... Shoto found himself tilting his head off to the side and caught (Y/n)'s wrists. "Everyone sort of forgot about me... I didn't want to bother anyone," Shoto sadly admits although he wasn't one bit upset.... At being forgotten that is. It happens more often than (Y/n) thinks.

"I'll make it up to you later, alright?" (Y/n) smiled gently up at her boyfriend.

He released his hold on her. "That's fine with me."

"Let's get to work!" (Y/n) ran over to the puzzle, taking a knee, and wedged her fingers beneath a tile and started to pull up. She couldn't lift the tile all that high, maybe a few inches at most. Shoto joined in at her side, rubbing shoulders and lifted the tile knocking it out of place and set it aside. Momo conjured herself a crowbar, being it was a logical tool in this situation, and got to work. Eventually, Midoriya too was asking for a crowbar. Shun too joined in, although reluctant as his balls were near freezing no thanks to Shoto's prosthesis fix. It was a good idea at first, but this is just uncomfortable. He crafted one long icicle, like a spear, and wedged the tip beneath a tile to pop it up from the floor. Soon enough, all the tiles were removed from the indentation within the floor.

"Shoto," (Y/n) grunted as she worked with her two toned boyfriend to peel up the tiles. The male peered up at her with a sullen look. Yeah... Something is definitely wrong. "What's wrong? With you I mean. I can tell you're upset."

Shoto sighed, "I'm sorry I snapped at you earlier."

"I already brushed it off," (Y/n) thought that mini disagreement was nothing to fret over. Yeah, she was spooked by his assertiveness at first, that's also because Shoto never takes control in the relationship. "Shoto... I'm actually glad you snapped," (Y/n) admits with ease.

"You... Are?" Shoto nearly dropped his tile in shock.

"You've been extremely clingy and sweet ever since we got together officially. I was beginning to worry that you didn't have a backbone. Not all relationships are perfect you know," If relationships were perfect, they'd get boring all too soon. Partners aren't gonna agree on everything, partners can't do any and everything together. It's only a matter of time before the relationship would go stale. Now that Shoto had finally snapped at his girlfriend, (Y/n) loves him more than before.

Not having a backbone eh? Now that it's mentioned, Shoto really never does get involved in much if anything at all unless everything has turned to dire measures. He was so focussed on making (Y/n) the happiest woman on earth that he's totally forgotten that sometimes there can be too much of a good thing. "I guess I'll be more honest from now on. I won't bottle up my opinions." Was the most logical solution Shoto could come up with. He's been meaning to get more involved with everyone lately, why not start now?

"Honesty is the best policy!" After yet another good twenty minutes of moving, turning, and placing all the pieces into their appropriate places. All pieces were configured, rearranged and put back marking the puzzle as complete.

The entire room rumbled! As if the room was spitting in half, a door on the back wall slowly slid open with loud squeaks and screeches like nails on a chalkboard until the entire back wall no longer remained. With everyone's ears no longer bleeding, they could finally take a breather.

(Y/n) nudged Shoto in the side, "do you think we're gonna have the same trial as the last group?" It's like everything in the Gauntlet was predictable to high hell this time around. Last time, the Gauntlet nearly murdered half of the class, this time, it was all brains and no brawn.

"Who knows," Shoto blandly replied. "If not, I'll destroy whoever tries to hurt you... Again," Shoto wasn't fibbing. He'll completely obliterate any clone or villain that pops out at them especially if they hurt his special lady. Last time when Shoto's perfect clone stood in as a villain, it nearly killed (Y/n) and sent her to the hospital. He doesn't want to see her go to the hospital ever again, not unless it's ten years down the road when they're already married.

"Hopefully I can hold my own self in a fight this time around," (Y/n) tried to reassure her boyfriend but Shoto remained stiff and alert as the group walked down the corridor the previous room opened up to. Shoto refused to allow (Y/n) to walk ahead of him. He acted somewhat the same to Momo, but at least he allowed her to walk at his side and not behind him like a human to their shield.

The corridor was long, almost seemed as if it could go on forever. It slowly changed from old yellow egyptian tile to futuristic grey until it opened up to a grand room, nothing like the previous. The floor was jagged, differentiating in elevation like waves atop the sea and stair like steps in areas, steep slopes in others, footholds in the walls and spikes all over the place. Was this room a grand obstacle course?

"Trial Two," the watch awakened with it's cheerful robotic voice. "Turn off the alarm! The longer you take, the more hostiles you'll have to fight," yup, just like what the last group had to do. Except it had to mention hostiles... Now Shoto won't be able to keep his cool.

A chrome alarm that hung high on the wall at the back of the room hummed loudly before flashing bright lights and chirping loudly much like a fire alarm. The sound was deafening! Everyone pressed their hands to their ears to muffle the sounds. Everyone except Shun. He took a deep breath in, pulling his right arm back and rolled his shoulder a few times over before he threw his arm forward in a punching motion. His heavy exhale of breath came out like thick white mist leaking from the breathing tubes of his mask like a fuming dragon. One large singular ice formation jutted out from the boy's feet and impaled the alarm! The room was silent once again. Everyone stared at Shun incredulously, "What?" Shun shrugged playfully. The sound of a door opening up at the back of the room could be heard from where they stood. "Problem solved," Shun wore a smug look of pure satisfaction which was hidden behind his mask with expertise as he ran to the new door.

What they didn't know was that the viewing room had the same exact reactions. Even Aizawa. Shun solved the problem so quickly, so effortlessly, it was mind blowing. And just a few minutes ago the entire class was laughing at him for losing his leg. Although it was wrong to laugh at something like that, in their defense Shun was laughing at himself when it happened.

The group made it into a room with capsules lining the back wall, much like the trial where all the clones came into play. Shoto growled in disapproval and faced the pods. "I'm not happy..." He growled.

"Trial three," The watch's cheerful voice was heard once again. "Enter separate rooms whereas..." The Watch powered down and the entire room went dark. The simulation reverted back to it's preset settings and the lights flickered back on. An intercom came to life as someone fidgeted with the entrance of the Gauntlet. "Apologies kids..." Mr. Aizawa's drowsy voice filled the room. "The scientists here have noticed that someone hacked into the Gauntlet's servers. We must pull you out before any harm can be done," at the very mention of a potential hacker, Shun was white in the face.

His pale color didn't last all that long, "bullshit," the boy cursed. "Ya know what? Get me the fuck out of here! I'm not dealing with any villain bullcrap today. We all know where that landed me the last time."

"Three missing limbs and a ruined life... We know," Shoto rolled his eyes.

"If I ever get the chance to kick your ass, I would kick it in a heartbeat," Shun shot daggers at Shoto as he awaited the exit to open up. Within a moment, the door opened up and Shun bolted out of there. The only reason why Shun hasn't engaged Shoto yet was that he was dating his sister. If Shoto didn't mean so much to her, he'd be dead by now.

"All bark, no bite," Shoto came to his conclusion with ease. If only he knew the details, Shoto wouldn't be acting all smug right about now.

"I sadly can agree," (Y/n) ran past Shoto to the exit before spinning around. "Go ahead and save me a seat on the bus! I gotta ask Shun something for Ashido!"

"Kay," he shrugged. Shoto couldn't care less what (Y/n) planned to do.

(Y/n) ran around trying to locate her brother, turns out he was speaking with Mr. Aizawa about his impressive stunt in the Gauntlet but not like she cared. The girl pulled her brother away from his mentor with her burning question, "Will you go on a date with one of my friends?"

Shun didn't think for long, "Are you asking because you think you found a girl perfect for me or because someone asked you to set us up on a date?" Wow... Can he read minds? Like literally he guessed on the spot.

"A girl did a favor for me and now I'm doing a favor in return. You have no choice but to go on a date with her," (Y/n) crossed her arms and awaited a response from her brother.

He, surprisingly, was accepting of the matter and carefully studied each girl that left the viewing room in curiosity as to which one his sister was setting him up with. "Is it the brunette?" Shun hummed. Out of all the girls he saw, Uraraka caught his attention the most. She was the prettiest of the bunch in his eyes and had the most unique costume of all the girls. "Scratch that, who's the flat girl?" Now he's eyeing Jirou... Oof, is he not even looking in Ashido's direction?

(Y/n) literally facepalmed. "Pink girl actually..."

"Oh..." Shun's face dropped. For a while now, he's been wondering what exactly Ashido was. A human? An alien? Some sort of humanoid dragon? Why else does she have horns? "Okay fine... Consider it a date." Even pink aliens need love too right?

"Yay!" (Y/n) cheered.

"If!"

"Oh no..."

"If you go on a double date with me. You sucked me into this mess, you share the same torture."

He could've said no, yet he also isn't wrong either. (Y/n) groaned. "Please tell me you'll try to enjoy yourself on this date? And try to treat Ashido nicely too! She's my friend ya know!" As satisfying as it would be to serve Ashido a big steaming bowl of I told you so, it'd also be wrong to knowingly send Shun her way and ruin her entire night.

"One of my ex's is batshit crazy. As long as it's not her, I promise I'll treat your friend better than I do Midoriya. And he's the first guy I've gotten to know and not wanted to beat his face in. Which says a lot since I got a best friend and I want to beat his ass almost every time I see him." That is true, it's hard to hate on Midoriya.

Wait... Shun has a best friend? "It's only normal for best friends to beat on each other," (Y/n) gladly agrees to Shun's claim. She beats up on Kirishima daily! Then again, Kirishima is just trying to get his man card back since (Y/n) is more experienced than him in hand to hand combat. "A friend picks you up when you fall but a best friend will sit there and laugh!"

Shun chuckled, "that's literally my relationship with Touya. All we ever do now is dare each other to do the stupidest shit or beat each other up."

"Is Touya the guy you do illegal shit with?" (Y/n) long pieced together that Shun had quite a resume on his hands. She remembers the day she mentioned Mr. Aizawa to her brother and he wasn't very happy. He said something along the lines that he does stupid stuff and has broken a few laws in doing so. Knowing that he wants to be a hero eventually, he wouldn't do illegal stuff unless someone else was either with him or pressured him into doing so.

"That's him..." Shun didn't hesitate. "Part of the reason why we fight so much is because we don't see eye to eye on much of anything anymore. He has his future mapped out, I'm aware that I'll have to eventually put him behind bars. Touya's supporting me every step of the way though. That there's why we haven't broken apart yet."

"Now that's a best friend," a true best friend can disagree with their friend all they want but in the end will always support them through thick and thin. "And here I thought you had no friends at all!" The girl playfully punched her brother over the shoulder.

"Working on it," Shun agreed. "And I'll start with that date. Date doesn't work out, maybe I can get a friend out of it."

"She's head over heels for you dude," (Y/n) began walking off towards the building's exit as the class had long boarded the bus for the ride back to school. "Ashido literally pinned me down begging for me to set her up!"

Shun smirked, "Damn." It's been a while since a girl was this infatuated with him and it's so gosh darn satisfying in thinking of such.

"I'll tell Ashido you said yes and I'll talk to Shoto about the double date. I'm thinking... Why not do the date tomorrow or something?"

"I'm game to whatever," Shun admits. "Just get on the damn bus."

"Don't snap at me!"

Although the details were vague, the mystery hacker of the Gauntlet was treated like a bomb threat at the time yet the hacker itself was completely harmless. The hacker only managed to sneak into the surveillance and audio systems. All personal information and control over the facility was out of their reach. Mr. Aizawa is pissed to say the least. An entire school day was wasted over some tiny threat. In the end, (Y/n) is just happy that she's out of the Gauntlet. That place gives her nightmares.

(Y/n) and Ashido worked out the details of tomorrow's date. Ashido loves dancing and even mentioned how she wants to eventually figure skate since its basically dancing on ice. Therefore, since tomorrow is open skate night, both couples are going ice skating. Shoto surprisingly had no problem going on a double date, in fact, he was all for it. Mainly for the fact he's embarrassed that he has an ice quirk yet he's never actually learned to skate and wants to change that fact for good. Shun wasn't exactly happy with the choice of venue since he doesn't have the legs for fluid movements that ice skating requires but he's not gonna back down from a challenge.

Everyone had gotten their skates, found a bench, and began to lace up! (Y/n) laced up her skates with ease being she's done this a million times before. Close behind her was Ashido who's gone skating a few times before today. Of course, the boys who haven't skated once in their entire lives exchanged confused looks between each other as their feet were in the rental skates but they had no idea how to lace them up. The girls found their predicament to be adorable as they stood before their dates holding back giggles and laughs. "This is supposed to be like tying regular shoes right?" Shun cocked a brow. No matter how he'd tie his skates, there'd be so much lace left over he'd easily trip himself up if he were to stand up. Are the laces too long or are these supposed to be laced like combat boots? Nothing made sense to him.

"Are my skates tied?" Shoto asked sarcastically. "Yeah... Don't ask me."

"Alright King of Snarkiness," Shun mocked the boy before looking up at his date who stood before him. "Alright Queens of the Ice, since you're masters at this sort of crap, please help..." Wow, Shun feels so defeated that he's asking for help?

"Queens of the Ice!" Ashido gasped with a glittering twinkle to her yellow eyes. She's never loved a nickname more than this. Except for Pinkie, she'll always love that nickname. Everyone tends to call her that anyways. "Heck yeah I'm a Queen!" The girl playfully punched the air.

"Just help him," (Y/n) snickered. "I'll help Shoto."

"Yes Ma'am!" Ashido knelt down to guide her little date for the night how to lace up his skates. Shun sat forward on the bench, watching her every move incredulously. Everything little movement her fingers made were like magic to his eyes as he's never had anyone tie his shoes before. "And two big bunny ears!" The girl finished her work with, you guessed it! Two large bunny ears! She quickly laced up his other skate in no time at all.

Shun shook his feet curiously. The bunny ears shook with the action and his skates hugged his feet just right. "Perfect..." He smirked. "Thanks Pinkie."

"Oh my god yes! Like you give everyone the best nicknames!" Magically, Ashido's date called her the nickname she goes by most. Everything is coming along smoothly!

"I was actually about to ask if you're alright with me calling you that," Shun shyly admits.

"Oh no! I meant it, I love your nickname!" Ashido claimed.

"You're not just saying that because you like me right?" Shun wanted to clear the air now before any assumptions could be made.

"Everyone calls me Pinkie, believe it or not," the girl sang.

"Nice to know," He hasn't dated anyone in a while. Shun's rusty at this sort of thing to put it simply. Based on prior experiences, the girls he's taken out on dates normally get offended by his nicknames. Like one time he called a girl Amber because her eyes were an amber color. She quickly thought he was referring to an ex or someone else and dumped him on the spot. Normally, Shun doesn't get past the first date...

"Are you ready to hit the ice?" Ashido hummed.

"Can you stick close to me?" The boy practically begged. "I can only move this ankle up and down, not side to side... I feel like this is going to end horribly," Shun demonstrated how his false leg had extremely minimal movements. Just forward and back actions from his feet when pressure is applied. He can't control his leg through his muscles unlike his arms whose movements are as fluid as water.

"I'll make sure you don't fall," Ashido promised as she pulled her date to his feet. He was wobbly, fearing he'd fall at any second as he balanced only on the blades beneath his feet on the carpeted floor. It was like watching a frightened chihuahua! Ashido couldn't help herself as she belted out a laugh but immediately ran over to Shun and helped steady him with two hands that held his shoulder and backside.

"If only I would've recorded that," Shoto too found that sight to be priceless.

"Yeah too bad we didn't have a video camera..." (Y/n) sighed.

"Um..." Shoto's brows furrowed. Video camera? The only time he's ever seen one is whenever news reporters run around with them trying to get the daily scoop. Is she really talking about one of those cameras? "We can record video with our phones..."

(Y/n) looks as though the entire world just collapsed atop of her. "Our phones can do that too!?"

"Yeah..." Shoto knew he wasn't very tech savvy but he knew enough that he taught (Y/n) the basics of a 20th century phone compared to that of a flip phone that she had back in the 80s. Were flip phones even a thing then? Shoto isn't quite sure. Although, he thought his girlfriend would've figured out the camera function on her phone by now. Why did he even assume anything? (Y/n) literally took her first selfie two days ago...

"You can show me later," (Y/n) took a mental note and knelt down to tie Shoto's skates. She made sure the laces went through every hole, then wrapped the excess around his ankles and tied them. "There you go-" (Y/n) looked up from her boyfriend's feet to quickly learn that Shoto wasn't even a centimeter from her face and stole a quick kiss upon the lips. "Fucker," (Y/n) was choking back a laugh but her face flushed pink to show she was flattered. "You could tie your skates all along couldn't you!?"

Shoto shook his head, "Nope."

"Then where did that move come from?" (Y/n) was flabbergasted. "Normally I'm the one to make the moves around here."

"I told you yesterday that I was gonna be more open and honest," Shoto leaned forward. His hand found (Y/n)'s hair as his fingers snaked within her (h/c) strands and his warm lips were pressed to her chilled forehead. "I wanted a kiss and I made sure to let you know," he spoke as he pulled back.

"I'm so fucking speechless right now," (Y/n) let her head hang low as her cheeks burnt.

"What if I gave you a nickname like Captain Jackass over there?" Shoto pointed behind himself but there was no need to point as (Y/n) very well understood he meant her brother.

"I don't give you a pet name, so don't give me one," (Y/n) argued against a pet name.

"But..." Shoto hummed. "You've called me Sleeping Beauty before."

"Fucking hell," (Y/n)'s jaw nearly dropped. "I only call you that when you're sleeping! Just how often are you awake when you claim you're napping?"

"We've had this argument before."

"Still!" She squawked.

"More often than you think," Shoto stood up from the bench without difficulty unlike the bionic sibling. "Just know I'm not letting you go once we hit the ice."

"Oh right... Your first time," (Y/n) snickered as she embraced Shoto's arm and led him out onto the ice. (Y/n) stepped out onto the ice, the ice being incredibly roughed up so she didn't slip from her spot. Shoto, still connected to (Y/n)'s arm, casually stepped onto the ice but slipped upon contact doing a half split. The muscles of his inner thigh were splitting apart, weeping and he knew he was gonna feel it tomorrow.

"Baby's first fall," (Y/n) puckered her lips as she struggled to pull Shoto back to his feet. He latched onto the wall instinctively, his hair all in a disarray and eyes that were enlarged in alarm. "Wow... That's the most emotion I've seen from you," (Y/n) claimed. "Like I swear you're always either annoyed, tired or have a resting bitch face."

Just as (Y/n) said, Shoto's terrified expression melted away into a glare. "I'm not in my element..."

"You can literally control ice."

"Not the point!"

"Whatever," her elbow nudged the boy. "Just hook your arm with mine and kick yourself whenever I kick okay?" Shoto nods and hooked his left arm with (Y/n)'s right. (Y/n) of course, chose the left side cause it's his warm side and it's butt-ass cold out here! Plus, can't go wrong with snuggles.

(Y/n) pushed off with her right leg, Shoto followed the lead with a mirrored kick and he nearly fell once again. For an entire lap around the rink, Shoto was practically glued to (Y/n)'s hip in a desperate attempt not to fall. Honestly though, he was a natural by the second lap with his newfound confidence. With Shoto more than used to the feeling of ice, he'd skate ahead, refusing to let go of his girl's hand and would spin her about here and there. The icy wind throwing her hair around and the momentum whipping the two of them about! Other skaters quickly knew to make room as the couple was soon labeled as the 'Wild' ones who were pulling tricks left and right. They both were laughing in unison out of pure joy. The spinning was coming to a stop and just as Shoto tugged on your (Y/n)'s to follow, Ashido pushed the two of them over with a devilish snicker. They landed on top of each other, still laughing without a care in the world. A warm hand brushing the stray hairs from out of (Y/n)'s face. "Who knew getting hurt was fun?" Shoto hummed.

"They're already pros and I can't even skate on my own..." Shun grumbled.

Ashido had her head rested against Shun's shoulder, "But I think skating together is fun too."

"Hate to sound like an ass but..." Shun warned his date for his words to follow. "You've been hugging my arm this entire time... I can't feel you because my arm is false. I literally can't feel you touching me. I'm really not having a fun time out here," Knowing that a girl is holding his hand but unable to actually feel her hand is just depressing in Shun's eyes. The only thing he's feeling out here is pain. If he could trade in his quirk for his arms back, he would in a heartbeat.

"I..." Ashido trailed off. "I didn't really think about that," she released her hold on the older male's hand. "If you don't mind, how'd you lose your arms in the first place? Were you born without em? Lost em in a fight? Bitten off by a lion!?" Okay Ashido slow your roll...

"My quirk," the boy sighed. He hasn't told anyone the truth in forever. The only people who know the true backstory of how he lost his limbs are Mr. Aizawa, his friend Touya and the paramedics from that day. "These jerks were robbing a bank, no pros were nearby, I was too cocky after getting accepted into UA last year that I jumped head first into the robbery..." The boy sighed once again and Ashido was on the edge of her seat. "I tried fighting off the villains. Clearly that didn't go very well... A bitch broke every bone in my leg, another guy was like All Might strong and I was a fucking toothpick. They were gonna kill me so I used everything I had."

"What was that?" Ashido gasped.

"I flooded the bank with my icicles... Killed all the villains... But at the cost of my arms," the boy allowed an icicle to form in the palm of his hand. "Use my quirk too much, I risk hypothermia. They were so frostbitten, I'm lucky to even have my shoulders."

Ashido was truly moved by Shun's backstory. She couldn't wipe the smile off her face. "I think you did the right thing," she snuggled into his shoulder.

"You'd be the first to say so," Shun finally smiled.

"How about we get off the ice and do the next part of our date? You've fallen more times than I can count anyways." Ashido feels guilty for putting him on the ice anyways.

"What're we doing?" Shun hummed.

"Anything we want," Ashido suggested. "We were gonna skate with (Y/n) and Todoroki for a while then head our separate ways for the rest of the night. I know a good sweet shop nearby... Wanna try?" Please say yes! Please say Yes! Ashido kept screaming at the top of her lungs internally. The new sweet shop in town imports candy from all over the world. It's the place to go if you want to try the weirdest candy the globe has to offer.

"Oh, I've been there before," Shun lit up. "I'll buy."

"I brought money-"

"My treat," Shun claimed with a genuine smile and tried skating for the exit on his own only to take a tumble.

"AAAAAnd we're back to hand holding," Ashido helped him to his feet, held his bionic hand, and led him to the exit. She quickly skate back over to the other happy couple. "Me and Shun are heading out. Turns out skating isn't for him," she laughed.

"Going back to the dorms?" (Y/n) quipped.

"We're gonna get some exotic candy. He's buying too!" Ashido squealed.

"How sweet of him," (Y/n) awed.

"By the way," Ashido leaned in. "I mean it... Thank you for this date. Your brother is oddly sweet. He's just hurting too much on the inside because he can't do all the things he used to enjoy. He..." She stared down at her pink hand. "He told me how he's upset that he can't feel me hold his hand. I just wanna scoop him up into a big hug!" And now the pink alien was hugging herself.

"Hug him then," (Y/n) suggested. "At least he can feel that."

"I just might," Ashido hummed. "Bye then!"

"Have fun," (Y/n) waved goodbye and turned to her boyfriend with open arms. She too wanted to hug her special man for Shoto opened his arms to welcome her in. Everything they take for granted now, another person wants more than anything. "I say we head out too. Like I'm getting 'woozy' cold," coming from the girl whose body can't heat itself up. "If you wanna skate for another lap or two then I say let's do it."

"We can leave," Shoto was quick to give in.

"Because you want to leave or because I want to?"

"Both!" Shoto scoffed. "My ankles are killing me."

"Trust me I understand," (Y/n) and Shoto quickly left the ice rink, turned in their shoes and hit up a nearby coffee shop. (Y/n) sat herself down at a table while Shoto stood in line with the order. He came back in little to no time at all with a hot tea for himself and a hot chocolate for his fair lady. As that special cherry atop a sundae, he purchased cookies as well for the two of them to share. "You're so sweet," (Y/n) couldn't ask for a better boyfriend right about now.

"Will you come with me when I tell my family that I'm dating you?" Shoto asked all so suddenly.

As touching as the question was, (Y/n) had other things on the mind. "You mean to tell me you never told anyone besides your mom?"

"I'm not close with my siblings and I didn't want dad to find out-"

"You literally told me the other day that you never told him because you don't talk to him period," (Y/n) crossed her arms.

"I don't," Shoto agreed. "I didn't want him to know about us for a while though because... I don't want him judging you or get mad because he dated you in the past either. I'm slowly opening back up to him and I don't want another reason to push him away."

This decision has been tearing him apart lately hasn't it? Despite everything, Shoto is really opening himself back up to his father. He's downright terrified of what Enji may think of (Y/n). Will he judge? Will he give Shoto his blessing? Man... It's like getting a marriage blessing but like ten times more difficult than it needs to be. "I'll go with you when you reveal the news," (Y/n) held Shoto's hand gently. "If Enji is still the Enji I know... Then he should be fine with us dating. He used to go on and on about how it's important to have a badass girlfriend and what makes a girl badass is when she can make her man feel like he has a vagina between his legs."

Shoto choked on his tea, "you were the man in the relationship then?" The boy continued to cough and hide his face behind a napkin.

"Oh fuck yeah," (Y/n) snickered unphased by how tea literally spilled out from her man's nose. "Like my dad was super against the relationship. Super against it until he saw just how much Enji was wrapped around my finger. Magically, my dad was all for the relationship! I really shouldn't say much though," (Y/n) kicked up one leg over the other. "Enji used to be really insecure back then."

"Insecure?" Shoto couldn't believe a thing he was hearing. "He's so narcissistic now it makes me want to barf."

"You know how he has a full beard now?" (Y/n) couldn't contain her laughter.

"Yeah?"

"Back then, he'd want to curl up and die whenever his facial hair would catch on fire. One second he's talking smack and the next he wants to pass out."

"If only I could've seen that," Enji... Wanting to die due to embarassment... Sign Shoto up!

The door to the shop whipped open. A young man, maybe in his twenties, bolted in about ready to pass out due to lack of breath. "Someone call an ambulance!" He heaved.

"What!?" (Y/n) jumped to her feet and Shoto followed behind her. "Sir what's the emergency?" (Y/n) flashed the man her license. "We're heroes in training!"

"Some boy got stabbed out there," The man nearly stuttered. "Some girl walked up to him. Next thing I knew he was on the ground with like five stab wounds! The second I saw it I came right here!"

"Let's go!" Shoto ran ahead of (Y/n). The couple ran towards the crowd of people that was collecting no more than a block away. Once there, Shoto and (Y/n) shoved their way to the front yelling "We're heroes please step back!" But of course only a handful of them actually bothered to listen. They got to the center of the crowd, but were both shaken to the bone by who lied in a crimson mess upon the concrete sidewalk.

It was... Shun.

(Y/n) fell back onto her behind, petrified at the realization that her brother was floating to heaven as they spoke. Ashido was filling Shoto in on everything that happened but everything came out as incoherent words in (Y/n)'s ears. Shoto instructed Ashido to comfort (Y/n) while he looked Shun over. Boy, he was a mess. Despite being stabbed three separate times, once in the shoulder, once in the chest, once in the stomach. Each time it went straight from his front side and exited from the back. Shun was still conscious... Barely. He was choking on his own words as crimson filled his mouth and shook violently. He kept reaching for his throat desperately. Shoto was having a hard time piecing together all the cues until the male fell limp with eyes that rolled into the back of his head. Throat reaching, choking? "He can't breathe!" Shoto figured out swiftly and took notice of how the blood around Shun's chest injury was bubbling up. Collapsed lung, no wonder why he couldn't breathe...

"(Y/n)!" Shoto called out, snapping the girl out from her trance. He pulled off his jacket and laid it atop Shun's bloodied torso. "I need you to put your weight down on his chest. Make sure it's fully covered."

"O-Okay," (Y/n) shook as she laid her hands atop her brother's chest and pushed down. "Why though?"

"We need to keep the air in his chest," was all Shoto said before he pinched the male's nose and locked lips with him. He blew air into Shun's body, hopefully giving his body that last chance to remain alive. Everything was moving so quickly, (Y/n) fully zoned out within seconds. It wasn't long before the paramedics arrived.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 38.6K 58
Shoto Todoroki is Endeavors' youngest son and his 'masterpiece' compared to his older siblings. However at the age of seven another child was born to...
369K 16.4K 77
He is complexed, cold and aloof. Shouto Todoroki is an enigma in its entirety. Y/N knows she should stay away. Especially with her past and her fathe...
6.9M 175K 140
(Important: DO NOT REPOST, STEAL OR COPY my work, please!) Status update: DISCONTINUED since 2021 [Requests are not open anymore, sorry!] Have you ev...
7.4K 242 17
°•☆COMPLETE☆•° When the two were young, Todoroki Shoto and Izuka Midoriya were best of friends. Todoroki developed his Half hot, half cold quirk and...