The Arising: A New Start of L...

By SNovaC

The Arising: A New Start of Life Set in The Arising Universe First Book In The Arising Series A Group Of Stu... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Authors Note

Chapter 4

213 22 0
By SNovaC

The girl kept following me. She didn't stop. She was on of them. She had the virus, and I now know that if you get bitten you turn into one of them. I heard someone walking behind me. I looked behind me and I saw another student walking up. She was the girls friend.

"Maria?" The student said to the girl.

The girl who is called Maria didn't stop limping towards us. Maria's friend kept getting closer to Maria.

"Maria? What happened to you? Why aren't you answering me?" Maria's friend asked.

Maria's friend was right up to Maria. She put her hands out to hug Maria. Maria fell towards her friend trying to bite her. I quickly ran in and grabbed Maria's friend. I pulled her away from Maria as Maria fell on top of me. I was trying hard to push her off of me as she was trying to eat me. I looked down the hallway as I saw Maria's friend running away. She didn't even help me after I helped her.

I struggled getting Maria off of me. I was pushing her hard but she was grabbing at my shirt and tugging me towards her trying to bite me.

I felt someone grabbing at Maria. I looked over Maria's shoulder and I saw Alleigh and Kiara trying to pull her off of me. They gave me confidence. I kneed Maria in her stomach and she went flying over my head. I quickly got up as Maria slowly got up as well. Alleigh, Kiara and I all stepped back as she walked towards us.

"What do we do?" Kiara asked.

"Just stay back from her" Alleigh said.

I looked down the hallway and I could see Mr. Harris and a few other teachers rushing down. They didn't know Maria had the virus as Mr. Harris rushes past her. Maria grabbed Mr. Harris' arm and pulled him in towards her mouth. Mr. Harris pulled away and pushed Maria hard. She fell onto the floor hitting her head on the lockers. I could hear a loud crack sound from her neck being broken.

Mr. Harris stepped backwards looking down at what he just did. He put his hand on his mouth.

"You just killed her" Kiara said.

"She... she was dead already. She had the virus" Mr. Harris said.

As we were looking down at Maria I saw her fingers move. She then slowly started to crawl her way towards Mr. Harris. She was somehow still alive. She was moaning and groaning even louder.

"Step back" Ms. Haywood told us walking in front of us.

We all just looked at Maria as she slowly crawled towards Mr. Harris. None of us knew what to do. I walked over to the girls bedroom and I looked inside. I saw about six bodies in the floor with blood everywhere. They must of all been bitten in their sleep. I wonder if anyone else was bitten.

I looked over at Maria. I had an idea. I walked back over to everyone and I looked at Mr. Harris.

"I figured out how the virus spreads. If someone who's infected bites you, you turn into one of them. There's about six bodies inside that room right now. They are all like ticking time bombs and they are about to turn. We should put Maria in there with them, and lock the door. If there's a cure, we can get them all done help" I said.

All the teachers looked at me and so did Alleigh and Kiara. They all looked surprised. I think it was because I was always the quiet one.

"Good idea Sam. Come on. Everyone help us pick her up and put her into the room with the others" Mr. Harris said.

We all walked over to the side of Maria. I grabbed her leg and others grabbed her arms, hips and her head so she wouldn't bite anyone. We then slowly lifted her up and put her into the room. It smelt bad in the room. It smelt like blood. We all quickly ran out because of the smell and Mr. Harris closed and locked the door.

"I think it could be possible that others were bitten as well. We have to do a full check up" I said.

"Good thing I made you the year level leader instead of Matthew" Mr. Harris said.

I didn't respond. I just stood still and watched Mr. Harris walked down the hallway to go and gather everyone up. I turned around and looked at Alleigh and Kiara.

"I thought you said you weren't a good leader?" Alleigh said.

"I'm not. I'm just telling them the truth about what I saw. I might step down as year level leader. I don't need to pressure on me" I said.

"No, you can't. Your doing such a great job, and it hasn't even been a day yet" Kiara said.

Thy both walked up towards me and looked at me closer. I looked down at the ground so they couldn't see my bruises.

"What happened to you?" Alleigh asked walking up to me and put her hand on my shoulder.

Kiara stood in front of me and had her worried face on. I slowly looked up at them.

"I was jumped, by three people. It's ok though. I'm fine" I said scratching my head.

"You're not fine. Look at you. Was it Matthew?" Kiara asked.

"It doesn't matter. I don't want to make this a big deal. He'll just do it again and it'll just make it even worse" I said.

"That's why you want to step down? You're going to let him win? You can't let him win. You always stood up for yourself, every single time. Don't let him win Sam" Alleigh said.

Alleigh and Kiara waited for my response. They are right. I can't let him win. I can't let him think he's better then anyone.

"Alright, I'll stay being the year level leader. But he's gonna keep coming. I guess it's something I just have to get used to" I said.

Alleigh and Kiara both smiled. We all walked downstairs. Everyone must of woken up from all the screaming because Mr. Harris took my advice. He was checking everyone for bites. I looked at Alleigh and Kiara.

"You both weren't bitten were you?" I asked.

"No. We weren't even put in that room. We were put in the girls bedroom in the STEM building, with the year nines. Because there wasn't enough room" Alleigh said.

We all stood at a window looking out at the basketball court. It was dark so we could hardly see out.

"We should ask Mr. Harris if we can open up this building so we can walk around the school. It would be great to stretch out" I said.

"Those fences seem sturdy. Luckily our school is surrounded by them" Kiara said.

"Do you really think this will last a month?" I asked.

"So far, definitely not. I think it will last a lot longer" Alleigh said.

I saw our home group teacher walking up to us.

"I need to check you guys out" Ms. Sadedin said.

I took off my jumper as Ms. Sadedin checked for bites. She then moved onto Alleigh and then Kiara. She didn't find any.

"You're safe to go" Ms. Sadedin said.

"Do you still have that book box?" I asked.

"Yeah, it's in our home group. You can use it if you would like" Ms. Sadedin said smiling.

I thanked her as we all walked to our home group. The door was open so we all walked right in. I grabbed the boom box and put it on the table. I turned it on and put the volume up.

"Why do you want to listen to the radio?" Kiara asked.

"I want to see if there's anymore reports about what's going on" I said.

I tuned the boom box as all I could hear was static. Finally the voices were clear. I could hear the same radio host from last time. He was talking really slowly, he sounded scared.

"Stay away from them. What ever you do. Who ever was bitten, who ever has the virus, they are dangerous. The symptoms of the virus is couching, high temperatures, fevers, vomiting, and death. The world has gone dark, it's getting worse. There's less people in the world. We've lost communication with other countries. We are all alone. Stay safe. Stay away. Stay alive" The radio host said as it went to static.

We all looked at each other. It was getting worse then I thought. We stayed quiet for a few minutes. I had so many questions that I wanted to be answered. But does anyone know the answers.

"She's bitten!" I heard someone yell down the hallway.

We all looked up at the the door as we saw people rushing down the hallway. They all looked scared as they were shrieking with fear. We all stood up and looked down the hallway. I saw a girl on her knees on the floor crying with students all keeping away from her.

"Put her with the others!" A student yelled.

I saw Ms. Haywood, Mr. Kealy, Ms. Sadedin and Mr. Daddow the metal work teacher all tuning over to see the commotion.

"Please. I'm not gonna turn into one of those. I'm not" The girl said crying harder.

"How do we know! Come on grab her!" The students all yelled.

They quickly ran in and grabbed her arms and legs as she screamed for help. She was struggling and wiggling around. Ms. Haywood ran in to try to help her but twenty people could easily get past one person. The other teachers weren't doing anything. They were just watching, they didn't care.

"Screw it" I said.

I quickly ran towards the group of students carrying the girl upstairs. I tried pushing my way through the crowd. I couldn't, everyone was pushing back. There were even more students joining.

"Put her down!" I yelled.

I tried grabbed her leg but I couldn't reach it as we got to the top of the stairs. I saw Mr. Kealy running over with the keys to open the door.

"Stop! What the fuck are you doing!" I yelled.

I quickly squeezed through a gap I saw and I ran in front of the crowd. I stopped Mr. Kealy from opening the door.

"Stop! This isn't right! They will tear her apart! Put her down now! She doesn't deserve this! We'll wait it out until she passes out, and if she doesn't she's clean!" I yelled at the top of my lungs.

Everyone went quiet and just looked at me. They weren't budging. They didn't care about what I had to say. But then they slowly lowered the girl to the ground. They were listening to me. The girl smiled at me and stopped crying.

I heard someone running towards me on my
left. I was tackled to the ground. I slid across the hallway with the student on top of me. I hit my head hard on the ground. The student held me down as I heard the girl start screaming again. I saw her being picked up as Mr. Kealy went to unlock the door. They opened the door slowly.

I tried fighting the student back who was on top of me. The student was a year ten. I tried pushing him off of me as they were about to push the girl into the room. But I saw Maria slowly walk out of the room. Maria fell onto the student who picked up the girl. Maria bit the students neck as blood quickly rushed down his white t-shirt.

"Quickly! Get them both in before others get out!" Another student yelled kicking Maria and the student who was just bit into the room.

They then picked up the girl again and threw her in. Mr. Kealy closed and locked the door. I heard screams of terror as the girl and the student who was bitten by Maria were being torn apart by all the students inside who had the virus. The year ten on top of me let go of me and stood up. He put his hand out for me to take and I took it. He helped me up.

"I hope you understand why we did this" the year ten said looking into my eyes.

I just stood still looking back into his. I was angry. They just killed two innocent people. I understand why they did it. But it's not right. The year ten was about to turn around and walk away. I grabbed him collar on his shirt with my left hand and punched him in the face as hard as I could. My hand started to hurt a lot as I shook them in the air.

The year ten put his hand onto his face where I punched him and looked at me as everyone surrounded us. They were all chanting for us to fight. The year ten took his hand off of his face and put his hands into fists.

"Let's go" He said as he was getting ready to fight.

I've never fought anyone back before. I've been beaten by bullies. But I never tried to fight back. This was happening. I quickly got my head down and ran towards him. I got him to the ground. I started punching him as hard as I could across his face. He stopped moving and looked up at me.

"You done?" I asked wanting the fight to end.

He punched me across the face as I fell backwards. He grabbed my shirt and started punching me. Harder then I was punching him. He just kept going. My head started to hurt but I couldn't just give up. I quickly grabbed his arm and I managed to wrap my arm around his neck. I started to squeeze slowly getting tighter and tighter.

"Are you done now?" I asked.

He was gasping for air as I tightened my arm even more. He let out a squeal and he starts tapping my arm telling me to stop. I let go and pushed him away. I slowly stood up and faced everyone.

"This isn't going to happen! We aren't sacrificing anyone! She had a life just like you did! He had a life just like you did! They were fucking human beings! From now on we don't put anyone's life at risk! Do you understand me!?" I yelled.

"We don't take orders from you" a year twelve student said.

"Everyone get back to your rooms and go to sleep! I'll deal with this!" Mr. Harris said running down the hallway.

Everyone walked away except for me, the year ten injured on the floor, Alleigh and Kiara. Mr. Harris stood still and looked in through the door. There's now nine people in the room.

"We have to stop putting them in there. If we put too many we might all be in danger" Mr. Harris said.

"We already are" I said.

"I'll have a word with them all ok" Mr. Harris said walking away.

I watched Mr. Harris walk down the hallway. I looked at Alleigh and Kiara as they stepped over the year ten who was still laying in the floor.

"You good?" Alleigh asked.

"This place isn't going to last if this keeps happening" I said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

26.7K 1.7K 66
A sickness starts to spread over the world, a virus that has no cure.. it causes sick victims turn into the living dead and long for living meat. How...
1.1K 59 33
The Arising: The Finale Set in The Arising Universe The Ending To The Arising Series It's been 23 years since Samantha has seen her father. Through t...
3.3M 99.6K 26
A Wattpad Featured story. As seen on The Huffington Post. Book One of The Eva Series, which has over 3M combined reads! A kick-ass young girl, a nati...
1.7K 163 31
The Arising: Our Community Set in The Arising Universe Third Book In The Arising Series Sam Is Alone. He Comes Across A New Group Of People Who Do Th...