star crossed lovers โžธ cato ha...

By cursedmalfoy

"These violent delights have violent ends And in their triump die, like fire and powder Which... More

PART ONE
o. prologue
i. reaping
ii. the captiol
iii. tribute parade
iv. training
v. early training
vi. trouble in paradise
vii. unexpected visit
viii. tribute dinner
ix. individual training
x. interviews
xi. midnight talks
xii. let the games begin
xiii. bloodbath
xiv. the day after
xv. kill or be killed
xvi. monster
xvii. guilty thoughts
xviii. the darkness
xix. madness
xx. the finale
PART TWO
i. the birthday surprise
ii. his visit
iii. the victory tour
iv. parties in high places
v. the accouncement
vi. the reaping
vii. strangers delight
viii. baby blues
ix. round two
x. life or death
xi. violent islands
xii. dangerous illusions
xiii. tick tock plans
xiv. these violent delights...
update-ish
PART THREE
i. the capitol
ii. district thirteen

xv. ...have violent ends

1K 26 21
By cursedmalfoy

Nerves began to eat away at Natalie as they began their hike to the lightning tree. They travelled through the dark, letting the light from the moonlight guide their way. It didn't little to no help as they constantly tripped over the branches that littered the path. She couldn't stop herself from wondering whether any of them was going to victim to the wire. Wondering who was going to shoot first and whose blood would soon coat her hands. 

The Panem anthem began to blast throughout the arena, causing the group to halt to a stop. Natalie took Cato's hand in hers, pushing aside the pain in her stomach as she watched the fallen memorial that now played in the sky. First was the District 1 siblings, followed shortly after Wiress. Mags came soon after and it was hard to believe that it was only mere hours in that morning that they had lost her. The female morphing from District Six came next, and then Chaff from District Eleven. 

As the image disappeared, the music faded until it was the sound of their breathing that everyone could hear. Natalie glanced at the wary faces of Finnick, Johanna, Rosen and Beetee as the seconds crept past. The longer they stood, the less time they had to put their plan into action. But Natalie savoured those precious seconds as she took a deep breath, hoping it would ease the stabbing pains. 

One moment later and they were walking once again. With each step, they neared the tree. The smoke was still fresh in the air, despite the tree not being struck in twelve hours. It was past ten when the group of seven finally what Cato liked to call 'the death tree.' Up close, the it appeared more daunting, dominating the surrounding areas. 

After Beetee had the studied the tree, him and Peeta wrapped the wire tightly around the trunk and branches close to the bottom. Rosen and Finnick watched as they worked, talking in hush voices. Both bore worried expressions, Rosen glancing between Johanna and Natalie as if she were deciding one last scheme. 

Once the work was completed, Beetee picked the coil up and handed it to Natalie. "You, Rosen and Johanna should go now. Take this and unspool it carefully. Make sure that the rest of the wire is in the damp sand and then run back into the jungle for safety. You understand?"

"I want to go with them as a guard." Cato spoke immediately, stepping between Natalie and the two females that easily harm her as he rested his hand on her back, rubbing small circles which had eased some of tension Natalie felt. 

"They can protect themselves, they are more than capable. I need you to say here and protect me and the tree." Beetee looked at Cato from over his glasses. 

"Then I can go with them." Peeta suggested. 

"There are two Careers out there. I need two guards." Beetee insisted, irritation clear in his voice. 

"You have Finnick to protect you." Peeta argued. 

"Finnick is just there to stand and look pretty, letting all the girls do the hard work." Rosen smiled sweetly towards the said victor, who had only grinned back in response. The two hadn't said any goodbyes, knowing they would see each other soon. Hopefully in District Thirteen., if all went as planned and Plutarch kept to his word.

"No! I'm not leaving my wife, who is pregnant by the way if you haven't forgotten." Cato spoke, his voice laced with anger. His fists were clenched tightly by his side, his knuckles turning white from holding the weapon. He was a Career after all. It was in his nature to be bloodthirsty, those instincts hadn't left just because he was married. If anything, they had worsen due to the wanting to protect his wife and child at all costs. 

"It's Beetee's plan, we all agreed to go along with it." Finnick announced.

"Cato, I'll be fine." The pair would find a way back to each other unharmed, they pulled each other out from the deep end. If they can survive the dark times, then they could survive this. Cato glared at Beetee before leaning down and kissed her softly. 

With one last glance at Cato and Peeta, Natalie headed down the slope. Rosen kept the bow and arrow by her side, ready to fire if she saw one of the attackers. Johanna walked a little ahead of the two, swinging the axe back and forth. 

They were halfway through their walk when Natalie braced a hand on rock nearby, almost dropping the coil as she laid her hand on her stomach. The pain had gotten worst throughout the day and she tried to ignore it as much as could, putting it down to stress. 

Rosen halted beside her, taking the coil from her and placed it on the ground. "You okay?" She asked, putting a hand on her arm. 

Natalie nodded, forcing a smile on her face as she looked up at the two worried victors. "Just a little pain, that's all."

"Natalie... how long have you had this pain?" 

"A couple of hours?" Natalie answered. She couldn't remember when the pain had started, only that it had came suddenly and without any warning. 

"Shit!" Rosen cursed underneath her breath and starting pacing, running her hands through her, wondering what the hell they were supposed to do.

"What's going on?" Johanna questioned.

"She going into labour." It was always a possibility but one Rosen hoped would never happen. She was hoping they would safely make it to District Thirteen where there was qualified doctors before anything happened. Sure, Rosen had sat in on many births whilst studying nursing but she had never helped delivery a baby. 

Johanna couldn't risk getting Cato, not knowing whether they would make it in time and if they didn't, without a guard it would make it a lot harder for Rosen and Natalie then it already was. Constantly watching her own back, Rosen could run into many complications. Cato would kill them if any harm came to Natalie or the baby. 

"I hope you know what you're doing, Ros." Johanna looked at Rosen, leaning on her axe. Rosen sighed and pushed the sleeves of the jumpsuit to her elbows before helping Natalie to the ground. 

They tried to make Natalie as comfortable as they could on the limited amount of supplies they carried with them. With every minute that passed was one minute closer to Natalie giving birth and she was beyond terrified. Rosen was trying her hardest to help keep her calm and focused, whereas Johanna was trying to crack jokes. 

"If I hear you say 'just breathe' one last time, I will sew your mouth shut." Natalie threatened after ten minutes of pacing. Laying down did nothing to calm her nerves and she was about ready to strangle the both of them. They had moved the weapons every time Natalie moved, afraid that she would end up picking up a weapon and killing them with it. 

"Can't you just start pushing already or something?' Johanna wondered out loud, causing Rosen to roll her eyes and put her head in her hands. 

"Like it's that easy. Why don't you forcefully try pushing a baby out of your vagina on live television and see where that gets you." Natalie spoke to Johanna through gritted teeth. Johanna held her hands up in defence. 

Natalie laid back down on the ground, exhaustion weighing her down. All she wanted to do was close her eyes and go to sleep. She had no idea how she would be able to actually give birth if she was this tired waiting around. It was a relief when Rosen finally told her that she fully dilated. 

"Natalie, the baby is finally coming. I need you to be strong okay?" Rosen spoke as Natalie was struggling to stay awake. Johanna took Natalie's hand, squeezing it gently to give her support. And when the next contraction came, Natalie starting pushing. 

And through the crushing bones, the excruciating pain and the sweat beading down her face, Natalie and Cato's baby was finally born a mere thirty minutes later. 

     She was the last thing Natalie saw before the darkness consumed her.

     Natalie jolted awake, the cold air greeting her. She groaned as she tried to sit up, only to pushed back down. Her arms and legs were strapped to a bed. As her eyes adjusted, she realised she was no longer in the Arena. In fact, she didn't know where she was.

The room was dark, the only sound was the occasional drop of water dripping from the ceiling. A door opened somewhere in the room, unable to pinpoint where, Natalie called out. "Where am I?"

Nobody answered her at first, only the sound of the heels filling the silence as they walked in and out of the room. Natalie called out once again. 

"You're in the Capitol." Someone answered. The voice was similar but Natalie couldn't quite distinguish it. She had no idea why she was in the Capitol. The last thing she remembered was giving birth, having no idea whether their plan worked or whether they failed. 

"Where's my baby? Where's Cato and Peeta?"

"You've hit your head pretty hard. You was rushed here straight after your accident." The voice answered.

"Where are they?" Natalie repeated.

     Natalie could smell his signature scene before he appeared. The smell that she fears; blood and roses. Her breath hitches, her hands shaking beside her. There was nothing she could do to escape the man who taunted her and made her life a misery. 

     Turning on the light, President Snow finally came into Natalie's view, a smug look all over his face. "Don't you remember? You killed your brother. As for the baby and Cato, well you simply made that story up."

XXX
the end of part two. im so sorry for the delay and that the ending was rushed but I had no idea how to finish this part. im still torn between finishing the story here or continuing with part three because I have ideas but there's no point only writing for my entertainment. so unless anyone wants me to continue then the part will end here and it's down to your interpretation on how the story ends

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

9K 175 16
Since the games began 74 Years ago y/n's family has suffered because of it. The Ryder family was a family of tributes. On the year a female from the...
109K 2.5K 49
"I should be heading to bed," Cato said as he gets up from his spot before turning back once more. "Thank you." He added before walking out of sight...
1.7M 47.4K 119
โFinnick and Taiya have kept up with their training more than any other tribute,.โž Haymitch said shaking his head. โThey'd both kill and die for eac...
46.5K 1.2K 38
โ–ˆ ๏ฝก:* โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ธ๐˜ฉ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐ ๐˜ข๐˜ณ๐˜ค๐˜ฉ ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฎ๐˜ช๐˜ฆ๐˜ด ๐˜ช๐˜ฏ ๐˜ฅ๐˜ช๐˜ด๐˜ต๐˜ณ๐˜ช๐˜ค๐˜ต ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฐโ”€โ”€ ๐˜ค๐˜ญ๐˜ฐ๐˜ท๐˜ฆ ๐˜ฌ๐˜ฆ๐˜ฏ๐˜ต๐˜ธ๐˜ฆ๐˜ญ๐˜ญ ๐˜ข๐˜ฏ๐˜ฅ ๐˜ค๐˜ข๐˜ต๐˜ฐ ๐˜ฉ๐˜ข๐˜ฅ๐˜ญ๐˜ฆ๐˜บโ”€โ”€ ๏ฟฝ...