The Black Girl Wanted

By Princesskeno_

She lost her father and was abandoned by her mother left with a five year old little sister to care for. She... More

1. Meet me
2. She left..
3. Moving on
4.I almost gave up
5. Jayci's birthday
6. Freaky government
7. Meeting him again..
8. New home
9. settle in I
10. settle in II
🌻11. I'm not insane
🌻12. The mail
🌻14.In the spirit of harambee
🌻15. She asks a lot of questions
🌻Not an update: pls read me.
🌻16. The little girl
🌻17. Dangerous interrogations
🌻18. 4 days with the questionnaire
🌻19.Spy?
🌻20. Girl got guts
🌻21. we really don't need weapons
🌻22. Broken
🌻23. Never have I ever
🌻24. Daisy, what can't you do?
🌻25. Shoot.
🌻26. I found it, guys!!
🌻27. That's a fucking Toyota Corolla
🌻28. The black girl wanted
🌻29. Friends for life
🌻30. what's with the mood swing?
🌻31. You're a black girl
🌻32. The video
🌻33. Hello Mr. President
🌻34. Spy again?
🌻35. I missed you
🌻36. Baby boy
🌻37. More than besties
🌻38. Don't make me choose
🌻39. Beach camping.
🌻40. College
Fun facts πŸ‘―
I wanted to ask πŸ˜‰
🌟New story 🌟
πŸ˜“πŸ˜“

🌻13. Breaking news

232 21 0
By Princesskeno_

"No, I haven't seen it." I told Emily on the phone. She was face timing me.

"Okay, I'm gonna send you the link right now, you really have to see it. These people are something else, I can't believe they reframed it" She said widening her eyes.

"Okay, I got the Amazon card, thanks." I smiled.

"It's no big deal, where's jade?"

"Right here, sleeping like a pregnant lady." I turned the phone to face Jade who was sleeping softly on the mat.

"Awwwn, cute baby boy." She joked. I gave a small chuckle.

"Alright, I have to go now. I'm sending you the link."

"Okay, bye." I said and she hung up.

Almost immediately, my phone beeped signifying a new message.
She sent the link already. I touched it and it opened in my phoenix browser.
'Breaking news ' was the first thing I saw there.
"Hmm." I mumbled. Little did she know I wasn't a fan of news. If not, I would have seen the news, about the black kids.
I took a deep breath then opened it.
'Breaking news: His Excellency, Governor Brian Flynn Ronald claimed to have received a threatening mail from some mysterious club or whatsoever called the TBATB gang. They gave various threats demanding that if the infected kids aren't released, they would carry out these treats that would destroy the whole nation.' I paused to breath. When did we do that? We didn't give any threats, had it been we had sent the first letter, it'd be different.
I managed to read on.
'The Governor admonishes whoever or any group that sent that mail to discard such treat because the quarantine of infected kids is for the benefit of all and sun dry. Parents of infected kids should have patience because there is no known cure for 'the disease'. Without further ado, what is being made clear is that, we don't want other kids to be infected and the club should resist from sending further threatening mails because it wouldn't be all Rosy if we get to know you all. What we did Is for the betterment of us all. I wondered how they got my personal email address. And again, it wasn't only black kids that was......'
I'm so done with all these rubbish.
I couldn't bear to read all those rubbish, infected kids, my ass! Jayci was never infected with any disease or whatever and why does the disease not have a name? I scrolled up to see the pics of the mail. It read:
Dear Governor,
We write to demand for the release of the black kids with immediate effect. Release them or else you'd regret your whole existence. We'd rub your state till it reaches bankruptcy. And trust us, your family is too small to wipe off. We consider our demand fulfilled as soon as this mail is received or the result of not adhering would be thorns."
TBATBxx

What? This wasn't what we sent.
"Shit." I cursed loudly.
It either woke Jade up or jade was already up before I cursed because needless to say, jade was nothing next to a light sleeper.
"What is it? Daisy?" He questioned.

"Why did they have to lie? We did none of those. How did they even fake that mail? I don't just understand." I whisper yelled. I know he didn't get a bit of what I said.

"Calm down Daisy, talk to me. What happened? Did you hurt your self ?"

"Dumbass!" I mumbled and handed the phone over to him.
What does what I said have to do with hurt myself?
I half raced to my laptop. Turning it on and clicking on my emails. I wanted to reassure myself that, that wasn't what we sent. I read it again
Dear government.
With all due respect, we demand the release of the black kids. They should have been tested and taken for treatment rather than held hostage. Parents of the kids aren't so okay with this. Please, release them as soon as possible. Thanks."
Signed
TBATB gang.
Very polite and nothing next to threatening. Why did they have to do that?
"Did you notice something about the email address?" Jade's voice brought me back to reality.
Yes, I was already thinking pages.

"What? The email address, I'm wondering how they managed to send that through our own email address."

"Izzy, it's not possible. No body can send through your email address unless it's hacked and as you can see, it's not hacked. They created an email then sent to the Brian's email."

I narrowed my eyes at him because he just called our governor by his first name but I can't care more.
"I thought no two persons can have the same email address."

"True, look at the fake email address." He said and gave me my phone.
I looked at it harder and noticed the xx.
"It's TBATBxx@email.com instead of TBATBgang@email.com."

"You're right. They reframed it."

"But why? Why would they do that?"

"It's simple, so that in case they find us, they'd have already make the world think we're bad then sentence us for laying threats." He smirked.

"Jade!" I warned.

"Yes." He grumbled.

"That's gross, I mean, I don't like the sound of that." I said honestly.

"They'd never find us." He said confidently.

"How could you be so sure?"

"I know...."
He was interrupted by the ringing of my phone.
"It's Emily." I told him then swiped up to answer the call.

"Did you see that?" Her voice came through the phone speakers just immediately.

"Yes, I mean it's so gross, how... I mean why would they be so.. what I'm I saying? That's so bad, we didn't do anything like that. I don't.." I kept cutting myself short. I was so mad, I didn't know what to say.

"Calm down Daisy, I was more upset when I saw it but I'm sure you'd have figured out why they did it."

"It's meaningless to me but...."

"Do you know why I was so upset?" She asked.

"Because we didn't send that shit?" I tried.

"No, it's because they reframed it right in my living room, they turned off all the cameras, they created the fake emails, the governor was there, my dad was there, the operator, all of them were there. I couldn't stop them. I tried to distract dad. I'm sorry, I didn't notice earlier, before I could do anything, it was already in the internet and broadcast companies. I'm a horrible person. I'm sorry." Her voice was breaking already.

I didn't know what to say. I wasn't upset with her but it's just so bad knowing that her dad was "one of the thugs" I mean, how is she feeling right now?

"Emily don't cry." Jade said.
"Please." I added.

"I couldn't do anything." She cried.

"It's not your fault, there are things we can't control. We'd come out with better plans." I tried to assure her.

"I promise you both, I'll make it up to you." She said and hung up.

"Jade, do you blame Emily? I don't like it that she's feeling bad."

"It's not her fault." Jade said plainly. It seemed like he didn't want to discuss it.

"She shouldn't feel too bad." I said again.

"Did you cook anything?" He said changing the topic.

"I made lasagna." I told him.

Lasagna reminds me of my mom. It was the last food she made for me. I try to forget her but it's not possible. Every now and then, I think of her, I think of Jaycinel. I miss Jaycinel so much. I miss my treasure.
"Won't you eat?" Jade asked me. He already helped himself with the food.

"I'm not hungry."

"Come on, you'll get sick if you don't eat" He pleaded.

"I'm not hungry, for real."

"I know it was the last food she made for you but, you can't just stop eating this delicious food."
Yes, he knows. I already told him what happened in my life. He knows everything already.

"I'm not hungry, let me be." I scold him. The glare I gave him could have thrown the food away.
He stood up from the floor were he has been eating. He walked up to me and put my phone away. He dragged me to where he was eating and tried to feed me.

"Jade leave me, go away." I tried to protest. I struggled to push him away but I wasn't strong enough. He manages to put a spoon of lasagna in my mouth. It was delicious, I must confess.

"Fine, I'll eat." I say.

"Good." he says then gives me a plate of lasagna. "As if you can resist it." He teased.

"Idiot." I cursed quietly. I'm sure he heard but chose not to answer me. I can be really annoying. The 'breaking news' changed my mood today. I put another spoon in my mouth.

"Yummy."

.....

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

238K 6.1K 30
"Open the door. Open the fucking door. Aight, just remember I ain't want it to go down like this." Before I could even fully process his statement a...
222K 7.4K 25
A fire that needs it's fuel, a bull that doesn't chase after red, the devil that lost its touch. April Catch lost the only thing that kept her alive...
34K 7K 47
Started- May 07 2020 Completed- July 26 2020 Highest Rankings #1 in lekki (4/08/2020) #1 naija stars (5/08/2020) #5 in secondary school(17/07/2020) #...
94.3K 4.3K 38
"Where am I?" "That's none of your concern." "If my location isn't my concern, then whose is it?" "Mine, and I know, so you're fine." He finally was...