Alpha Adrian's Mate

By purpleviolet112

"Who are you?" I asked, my voice shaky as I struggled to keep my eyes open. Suddenly, the delicious scent of... More

Author's note
Characters
Introduction
1 | punches and dinner
2 | deals and condoms
3 | bacon and runs
4 | rogues and doctors
5 | blades and kings
6 | notes and revelations
7 | alcohol and kisses
8 | apologies and forgiveness
9 | mates and silver
A/N Thank you
10 | infirmaries and packing
11 | lingerie and goodbyes
12 | welcomes and growls
13 | meetings and anger
14 | bruises and escapes
15 | kicks and scratches
16 | tears and flashbacks
18 | ferraris and 21 questions
Author's Note
19 | jealousy and wine
A/N - Thank you!
20 | lightweights and kisses
21 | notes and birds
22 | betrayal and punching
23 | love and tears
24 | reunions and outings
25 | shopping and messengers
26 | healing and heat
27 | breakfasts and blindfolds
Thank you !!
28 | lakes and surprises
29 | lunas and loyalty
30 | parties and dancing
31 | nausea and news
THANK YOU
32 | armies and congratulating
33 | moonStone and notes
34 | worry and blood
35 | pain and fathers
36 | cleared tracks and hope
37 | rescues and darkness
38 | pain and more pain
39 | comas and twitches
40 | darkness and realisation
41 | home and hugs
42 | contractions and family
43 | epilogue
The End
Thank you
Exciting news
THANK YOU
Author's Note

17 | apologies and oracles

4.6K 110 3
By purpleviolet112

"Skylar, wake up" I woke up to see Adrian shaking me awake, sparks spreading up my arm.

I sat up in bed, rubbing my eyes and looked at him questioningly. I glanced at the clock to see it was 12pm. How had I slept in for so long? I must have stayed up, waiting for Adrian, till really late.

"You have a meeting with the pack oracle, Isabelle, after breakfast," he said, as he walked towards the door. I noticed he was already dressed. How hadn't I woken up to him coming into the room?

"Wait, Adrian." I called out to him. Now was my chance to make things right. Last night I had stayed up thinking about Adrian. About myself. About us. We needed to sort things out between us. How long would we stay like this, unable to have a conversation without lashing out on each other? He turned around and looked at me "I...um. I'm sorry for yesterday. I didn't mean to make you so angry. I shouldn't have ran away. I'm sorry for leaving. I won't do it again. I promise" I said, playing with my hands.

He walked to the bed and sat down, lifting my chin up "You don't need to apologise, Skylar. I'm sorry for how I acted. I shouldn't have shouted at you like that." He looked at my arm where he'd held me yesterday and touched the area where it was bruised and frowned. "I'm sorry for hurting you. I couldn't control my wolf."

"It's okay Adrian." I don't know why, but I hugged him. He was definitely not expecting it because he was stiff at first, but after a few seconds he hugged me back. I suddenly felt a whirlwind of emotion and couldn't help but spill my feelings "I don't like how much we argue everyday. I hate how we sleep separately every night and barely talk to eachother. I don't mean to disrespect you. It's just my wolf and I hate to be shouted at, so I defend myself and obviously you, being an Alpha, dislike being disrespected. So, can we perhaps try and act civil and sort things between us because we're mates and we shouldn't be acting like this." I rambled, before letting go of Adrian and looking at him. He made eye contact with me and smiled. He smiled at me! And honestly it was the most beautiful smile ever.

"Me neither Sky. I hate to see you upset because of me. I'm scared of this feeling. I've never cared for anyone after my mother. But I've started to care about you. I'm not used to showing emotion but you bring this side out of me. Yesterday, you really scared me. What would have happened if we'd reached a little later. You know what? Let's go on a date tonight after we've met the oracle. Just you and I. We can get to know eachother." he suggested. I noticed his face fall when he mentioned his mother. Had she died? I haven't seen or heard about her so perhaps she was. What happened? How had she died?

"Yeah, that would be great" I said, with a smile pushing all my unanswered questions away. Now wasn't the time to ask him.

"Hurry up and get ready. I'll be waiting downstairs" he quickly kissed my cheek and left the room, closing the door on his way out. I touched my cheek and could still feel the sparks from his lips.

As I got ready I couldn't stop smiling. I hadn't felt this happy in days. I wore a sundress because the weather looked beautiful outside. It landed just below my thighs and I paired it with some cute sandals. When I looked in the mirror, I noticed the bruises and scratches. Before I could realise what I was doing, I touched the bruises and closed my eyes. Suddenly, I saw light behind my closed eye lids and gasped. I quickly opened my eyes and noticed the bruises and cuts had gone. How had I done that?

I walked downstairs to the dining room and everyone was at the table.

"Good morning everyone" I greeted, as I sat next to Adrian.

"Good morning Luna" they all answered. I still wasn't used to this Luna thing, but I probably would get used to it soon.

"Good morning Sky" Adrian served me breakfast before serving himself then everyone else helped themselves. "Thank you" I smiled at Adrian and he smiled back at me. I made eye contact with Amelia and she raised her eye brows suggestively, while looking between Adrian and I. She gave me a look that said tell me everything and I nodded discreetly, before continuing to eat my breakfast. Once we were done, Adrian caught everyone's attention "Skylar and I will be meeting with the pack oracle" then motioned for me to follow him.

"Where does the oracle live?" I asked, as we walked out of the pack house. "She lives with her husband in a small cottage in the woods" he answered. As we walked through the pack to the woods, Adrian showed me all the different houses and explained who lived in each one. Seeing him talk about his pack made me smile: he cared so much about his pack. He was a great Alpha. "Adrian I need to tell you something" I figured I had to tell him about what happened this morning. "What happened Skylar" I showed him my arm where the bruise had been. He looked at my arm then back at me and his brows furrowed "What....how did you do that?" he questioned.

"After you left our room, I got changed and when I looked in the mirror and saw my injuries I don't know what made me do it, but I touched the bruises and cuts and closed my eyes. I saw this light and when I opened my eyes they were gone" I explained. "Wow that's so amazing Skylar, you've already used your healing powers without training. I'm proud of you" he hugged me and I hugged him back. I loved this side of him. The side that didn't match the rumours. The side that was kind, affectionate and loving.

"We're here" he said, and I noticed we were outside a small, pretty cottage. He knocked on the door and a middle aged woman answered it. She had blonde hair that was wrapped up tightly in a bun and her kind, blue eyes locked on mine. She gasped as if she recognised me from somewhere, but I had never seen her before. I looked at Adrian in confusion and he had an equally confused expression as he looked back at me.

"Alpha, Luna. Do come in" she welcomed us in. She led us to a room with two sofas, a fireplace, tv and a table. It was a very cosy room. On one of the sofas, sat a middle aged man that introduced himself as Greg. Adrian and I sat on the other sofa.

"It's wonderful to have you visit us. We don't usually get any guests" the oracle laughed. "Would you like anything to drink? Some tea or coffee, perhaps?" she asked.

"No thank you..um" "Jackie" she finished for me. "We ate breakfast before coning, but thank you for offering" I said. She smiled and sat down next to her husband.

"So Adrian told me you're a healing wolf" Jackie said, looking at me. "Yes, I found out a few days ago from my parents after being attacked by rogues. The rogue king is after me because of my healing abilities" I explained.

"Oh dear, you're in a lot of danger sweetheart. We need to start getting you trained as soon as possible."

"Why don't you start training right today?" Adrian asked her.

"I haven't got all the equipment I'll need to train Skylar. So how about from tomorrow morning?" She called me Skylar. I hadn't told her my name.

"Yes that's fine, Jackie. How do you know my name? I mean we didn't tell you it, but you just called me by my name" I asked.

She smiled and looked at me. "Dear, I know a lot more about you than you think Skylar Rose Grey. When you first shifted into a wolf, I was visiting my friend Annabelle who is also an oracle. She's the oracle at LightMoon, your old pack. We never officially met, but I had seen you whilst I was at your pack. I immediately sensed that you were gifted by the Moon Goddess as a Healer. I spoke to Annabelle and she confirmed my thoughts. I never thought we would meet but would you look at that? You ended up being the mate of my Alpha" she said, with a laugh.

"My dad had told me that our pack oracle told him about my healing abilities. He must have been talking about Annabelle" I said. I noticed Adrian look at me with a face that said tell her and I knew exactly what he was talking about. He wanted me to tell her about how I had healed my bruise. "Jackie, I have already started using my powers. I didn't do it knowingly, I did it without thinking. I received some cuts and bruises yesterday from a rogue attack and another bruise in the eveningyesterday" I said and noticed her frown in worry. I couldn't tell her Adrian had hurt me. He hadn't done it to hurt me. "I hit my arm against the cupboard when I was getting changed" I lied. I noticed Adrian look at me, surprised that I had lied for him. I smiled at him. "This morning I woke up and when I was looking in the mirror, I closed my eyes and touched the injuries. When I had opened my eyes they were gone" I told her. She looked shocked at first, then her face relaxed as if it all clicked into place.

"My sweet Skylar. That's so amazing. I've never met anyone who was gifted by the Moon Goddess to have healing abilities before you. It seems the Moon Goddess had instructed you to heal yourself this morning. That is why you hadn't realised what you were doing. Also, that bright light you talked about seeing. That was from the Moon Goddess. Not a lot of people have been able to see her or an aspect of her. You're a very lucky girl, Skylar" she said to me. I was shocked. I had seen the light of the Moon Goddess. I looked to Adrian and he smiled at me, before pulling me into a quick hug. When we got out of our embrace, I noticed Jackie and Greg looking at us, knowingly.

"You remind us of ourselves when we first met" Greg laughed and we all joined in.

"We'll get going now. Thank you for having us" Adrian said, as we stood up.

"It was great to meet you" I said as I looked at both of them with a smile.

"Are you sure you don't want to stay for a bit longer and eat with us" Jackie said as she stood up and pulled us into a hug.

"No thank you. Maybe next time" Adrian answered, politely. We said goodbye to Greg and left the cottage. As we made our way back to the pack house, Adrian held on to my hand. This made me smile. As we passed pack members, I noticed them bow in respect and I waved at them. Looks like they had recognised me as their Luna.

"I got Marie to leave your clothes on our bed, while we were gone. Go get ready, I'll come get you at 5" he said, giving me a quick kiss on my cheek. I kissed him back on his cheek and went upstairs to our room.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

237K 5.1K 32
|Highest Ranking: 76 in Werewolf, 13/3/21 | After the murder of her parents, sentenced to live the rest of her life out as a rouge. What happens when...
571K 13K 45
''Alpha Ross Lynch of Black Night pack!'' the man said and everybody looked up the stairs. And there stood the most amazing looking man I have ever s...
35.2K 935 22
WARNING: This book is published. What is on this website is only a SAMPLE of the published book. Take note: there are names that will be different in...
1.1M 56.3K 23
What happens when you have two ruthless alphas right next to each other? Well let's just say that it can't be good. Alpha Ace Winter has been an alph...