Underbelly } Sweet Pea

By GraceMadeline16

Stephanie "Stevie" Jones was the older sister of Jughead Jones. Remaining on the Southside of town, so not ma... More

cast
epigraph
Watcher in the Woods
"Damnit, String Bean"
Watcher in the Woods part 2
The Town That Dreaded Sundown
The Town That Dreaded Sundown cont.
When a Stranger Calls
Death Proof cont.
Death Proof cont.
Tales from the Darkside
The House of the Devil
Silent Night, Deadly Night
The Blackboard Jungle
The Wrestler
A/n
A/n
The Wicked and Divine
The Tell-Tale Heart
The Hills Have Eyes
Season 5 preview
The Hills Have Eyes cont.
Season 5 preview
There Will Be Blood
Authors note
The Noose Tightens
A Night to Remember
Prisoners
Shadow Of A Doubt
Judgement Night
Brave New World
ACT II
Labor Day
Faceclaim

Death Proof

6.2K 143 11
By GraceMadeline16

"i think it would look better on my floor, with or without a few buttons missing"

For the second day in a row, Stevie had a rude awakening. She let out a groan, pulling the comforter over her head. Sweet Pea let out a chuckle, pulling the blanket off of her head.

"Pea, no." She groaned, reaching around for the comforter. Sweet Pea rolled her over as she opened one eye to look up at her boyfriend. The last few days, Stevie had been spending the night at Sweet Pea's trailer. Mainly because of all the visitors her brother had been having over at theirs lately.

She couldn't help the smile that made its way across her face as she looked up at Sweet Pea. Stevie had noticed she had been smiling a lot more. She wasn't stupid. She knew it had to do with Sweet Pea. The night her dad got arrested, was the night their friendship had changed. Before that night, the two couldn't be in a room with each other for more than five minutes before they were going at each other's throats. Sweet Pea had been her rock through it all.

"Good morning, Princess."

"Morning, handsome."

Sweet Pea leaned down to place a kiss on her mouth but Stevie quickly pulled away, "What are you doing? I haven't brushed my teeth yet."

Sweet Pea shrugged, placing a kiss on her forehead before climbing off the bed, "C'mon. We have school in an hour."

Stevie groaned, rolling back over and taking the blanket with her, "I already know everything unlike some people. I can afford to miss school."

Sweet Pea let out a laugh from inside his closet before he peeked his head out the door, "I know, babe. But I still need you there."

Stevie felt her heart swell at the words, causing her to turn and face her boyfriend; well his closet at least, "You're going soft on me, Noah."

-----------------------

Standing at her locker, Stevie was switching out her text books for the ones she was going to need that day. She felt a presence on the locker next to hers and she turned to see Sweet Pea. Shutting her locker, she leaned on it to face her smirking boyfriend.

"I was wondering where that flannel went."

Stevie looked down at the red and black flannel that she was wearing under her serpent jacket before looking up at him through her lashes, "I think it looks better on me."

Sweet Pea moved so he was standing in front of her, placing his hands on both sides of her head, causing her to look up at him as he smirked down at her, "I think it would look better on my floor. With or without a few buttons missing."

Stevie felt heat rush up to her face as she giggled at his words. Placing a hand on his chest, she trailed her hand down to the top of his belt, "Careful String Bean. I might just take you up on that."

Before Sweet Pea could respond, the front doors of the school were busted open, causing the two to turn their heads to see Mayor McCoy with Sheriff Keller and about a dozen deputies.

"What the Fuck?"

Stevie noticed they were only rounding up the serpents, causing her to turn and face her boyfriend, "we need to go."

The two didn't get far before they were both shoved against the lockers, Toni as well a few moments later.

Stevie's arms were roughly shoved behind her as cuffs were placed around her wrists. She let out a hiss of pain as her skin got pinched between the metal

"Hey! Get your hands off her!" Sweet Pea began to struggle against the officer that held him against the lockers. Stevie shook her head at him, not wanting to make things worse than they already were, "I'm fine Pea."

They were quickly pulled off the lockers and forced out the front door and into the many police cruisers that littered the front lawn. What Stevie and the other Serpents didn't see was Jughead Jones standing with a certain redhead, watching as his sister and his friends get shoved into police cars.

-------------------

Stevie had been placed in an interrogation room as her friends were placed in holding cells. She had her head placed in her hands as the door opened.

"Stephanie. Always knew you would end up like your dad."

Stevie had raised her head as Sheriff Keller sat in front of her with a folder in his hands. Her eyebrows furrowed in confusion as she sent the man a look, "and what's that supposed to mean, Mr Keller?"

"You stand up for your friends. You don't let anyone walk all over you. Kevin told me how you stood up for everyone at Jughead's party. About how people made comments about him when he came out."

Despite living on the Southside, Stevie had grown up with Kevin, Betty, Archie, and Reggie. Moose Mason had occasionally tagged along with Reggie. She was really close with Kevin growing up but once she transferred from Riverdale Middle School to Southside High, she had a falling out with everyone except Archie, him being Jughead's best friend. But Stevie had been the first person Kevin had called when he realized he was gay.

They had met up at Pop's after he came out and some guys had given him shit, so Stevie threatened to beat their asses and set them straight. Once him and Joaquin started dating, they became closer again. But once Joaquin left town, Kevin and her barely talked, him not wanting a whole lot to do with anything Serpent related.

"Kevin's always been one of my best friends," Stevie shrugged, "I'd do anything for him."

"Just like how you'd do anything for the Serpents. Like dealing drugs." He spoke, causing her to furrow her eyebrows.

"Wait. You think we're the ones dealing drugs? Did Alice Cooper say that? Just because We're a gang doesn't mean we deal drugs. We're not the only gang in Riverdale or the Southside. You've known me my entire life, Mr Keller. You should know me better than that."

There's one thing that annoyed Stevie Jones more than Alice Cooper, and that was people constantly blaming the Serpents for the drug problem on the Northside. The Serpents had no connection to drugs. As far as Stevie knew at least.

It was quiet between the two for a moment before Keller let out a sigh, reaching over to uncuff the teenager.

Stevie stood up, rubbing her wrists. They were red, raw in some places and she knew they were going to be bruised within the next day or two. She shrugged her jacket back on, following Sheriff Keller out the door.

She followed him to the cell where they were holding the other Serpents they wrangled up from the school.

Toni was the first to notice Stevie, causing her to nudge Fangs, who then nudged Sweet Pea. The three stood up, walking over to the cell door as Stevie stopped in front of her boyfriend and best friends.

"What happened?" Toni asked

"He thought we were dealing drugs because some Northsiders got busted with J.J. No doubt Andrews and Alice Cooper were involved." Stevie explained, placing her hands on the bars.

Sweet Pea and Toni both reached for one, causing Fangs to pout, as he was in the middle. Stevie rolled her eyes, holding out one of her thumbs for him to hold; he took it with a smile.

"Why'd they only question you?"

"I'm FP Jones' kid," Stevie shrugged, "I'm gonna be the one questioned because they think I'm in charge of the serpents with my dad being in Jail."

"How do you plan on getting us back? I mean, you know us three and Jughead will be with you no matter what." Sweet Pea told her, giving her hand a squeeze as she sent him a grateful smile

"I'm working on it. I'll probably go see my dad and talk to him about it but I'm stuck," She sighed, "I'm gonna go talk to Keller on letting you guys out of here."

Walking away from her friends, Stevie was met with Jughead and Archie, "What are you two doing here?"

"We're going to see dad."

-------------------

"Start from the beginning boys." Fp spoke, sending glares to his eldest children. Jughead and Archie both began explaining everything that happened while FP was in jail; the raid at Southside, the fight between the bulldogs and serpents and Jughead joining the serpents.

Apparently Tall Boy had been in cahoots with the Ghoulies and wanted to get Stevie and Jughead on board with it; Stevie made sense with her being the next leader of the serpents. But Jughead?

Stevie didn't miss the glare her dad sent her when Jughead brought up him joining the serpents and she sent it right back.

"Red, give Stevie the phone." Archie quickly switched spots with the brunette and Stevie took the phone with a sigh.

"We had one deal. He doesn't join the serpents. Not while I'm in here. I thought you were trying to get the Serpents back?" Fp spoke

"I am! It's hard for me, a teenager and a girl, to try and gain control back over them. I only have control over my 3 best friends and my dumb-ass little brother- quiet Forsythe, the adults are talking- I just need more time." Stevie explained

Fp placed the phone against his head and let out a sigh before looking back at the three teenagers.

"Reprimand us later on me joining the serpents, but we have to do something now. There won't be any serpents. It'll just be the Ghoulies." Jughead told him, causing Fp to hit the phone against the glass, startling the teenagers. By now, Stevie and Archie were sharing the chair, holding the phone in between them.

"Ghoulies dress like flops. But they're a nasty crew," Fp explained, "Serpents have survived through worse. Much worse. The only hitch is, it sounds like you're out-manned, which means you need to avoid bloodshed at all costs."

"I agree. 100%" Archie added

"So, out think them," Fp continued, looking at Stevie directly, "this is about territory."

Stevie let a smirk make its way across her face as she realized what her dad was saying, "If there's one thing Ghoulies love, it's their crazy souped-up retro cars and hearses."

"You catch our Riverdale drift boys?" Fp asked, looking at the two boys.

Stevie let out a quiet laugh at the look on her brother and his best friend's face, "we challenge them to a drift race, numb nuts."

"But keep it on the D.L. It's illegal It'll get you locked up." Fp explained

'Oh, how ironic.'

"Go on." Jug urged

"We'll set the terms of the race." Stevie started, looking at her dad who continued, "If their guy wins, serpents roll over."

"And if we win, the Ghoulies back off." Jughead had finally caught on.

"Maybe you raise the stakes." Fp suggested, "And whoever wins, controls Southside high."

"And we get rid of the Ghoulies and get rid of the J.J." Jughead spoke.

"And get McCoy off our backs." Stevie added, looking between her brother and father.

"You two go ahead. I wanna talk to Stephanie." Fp told the two; they nodded, walking away from the two.

"You make sure Red or your brother don't try anything at that race. Tall Boy will do anything to keep the serpents under his wing; even if it means merging with the Ghoulies. You make sure that doesn't happen, you understand me?" Fp told her and Stevie nodded her head

"No one's gonna try anything with Sweet Pea around me."

Fp raised his eyebrows at his daughter, "Noah? Sweet Pea? Really?"

Fp had known Sweet Pea since he was a little kid. Having known his mother and father and being there when his dad died and his mother taking off when he was 12. He knew Sweet Pea was a good kid. Just didn't expect his daughter and the boy getting together.

"You really wanna go there? Alice Cooper? Really?" Stevie smirked, causing Fp to send her a look, "How in the hell do you know about that?"

Fp purposely didn't tell any of his kids about his fling in high school with Alice Cooper. Hell, even Gladys doesn't know about them. Gladys didn't hang around Fp a lot in high school, due to him being a jock.

"I found your yearbook in the closet. You and Alice got 'most likely to get married' and 'class couple'" Stevie explained

Fp sighed, running his hand over his face, "Your brother can't know. Neither can Betty."

"I won't say anything, dad." Stevie reassured him

"Now, Sweet Pea, huh?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

283K 4K 39
After hearing about their fathers arrest, Aviana and Jughead move to Southside high. Whilst her brother is writing articles, Aviana feels right at ho...
66.1K 838 54
Jayda Jones, Jughead's twin sister. Complete opposites. He grew up at Riverdale High. She grew up at Southside High. He loves to write. She hates it...
106K 1.7K 32
Mary Cooper, the other cooper. The whole town thought she was adopted, hell she thought she was adopted, except for one Reggie Mantle. Reggie had a m...
3.8K 159 51
In the small town of Riverdale, nothing bad ever happens. Until the Fourth of July, when the town's beloved Jason Blossom was murdered. The mystery o...