IChooseYou

Par JoyWriter101

A girl named Maua through her music journey and with the help of the love of her life goes to greater heights... Plus

Authors Note/ Prologue.
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 13
CHAPTER 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
CHAPTER 18
Chapter 19

Chapter 12

50 16 22
Par JoyWriter101

The following weekend we were on our way back to Nairobi. This time round I wasn't as nervous as I was before. It was the last weekend before the beginning of the recording of my new song.

Monje Radio was one of the popular radio stations and is still is in the country. Being one of their guests became one of my greatest joys and early archievements.

'Sixth Floor, Door Opening', is what we heard before coming out of the all side mirrored elevator.

We came out and the first view was of a guy who was short and wore a black suit with a bow tie, who came over and showed us the reception. He had a writing board on his hand and a pen writting down something on it. The place was open with a round table situated at the right side of the floor.

We went over to the reception where a tall slim lady, on her late twenties sat, but this time she was servicing some other guest. In a matter of minutes she was done with the guest and Patrick headed towards her. They soft spoke for some few minutes then we were off to go. We went through several corridors until we got to the room at the far end of the floor. Room 618 door was opened by Patrick and we all got inside. This time round we did not carry along the whole team. It was just me, my manager and Alex.

The first sight inside the radio station really got me. It wasn't what I expected or imagined. It looked very unique and incredible. The use of the latest technology with different machines arranged orderly in their place. A big floral sofa of white and orange sat at the right side of the room, covering the whole of the right wall. We went over greeting everyone in the studio as we one by one sat on the sofa. It was so cormfy as it lightly accommodated our butts drawing us a little in. We noticed cameras all over, since the station was not only live on radio, but also on YouTube. The walls, mainly white, offered a good lighting and brightness for my dark skinned face to be seen. We saw our images on a small flat screen on the wall and I wouldn't complain, Samantha always does a good job finding the right products for my skin colour. She's a genius in this. And I really appreciate it.

After a little while, she who I assumed to be the host of the morning show walked majestically inside the station. She was very beautiful with her makeup correctly done on her golden brown round face. The blonde wig she wore perfectly matched her complection. Her face was the most capturing as the rest of the details followed, with the steps she took coming to greet us. Her short yellow flay dress which reached slightly above her knees could only display the parts of her skin which were all flawless and glowy. Modern African women are indeed good at taking good care of themselves especially their looks. Not just their looks but also very hardworking and dedicated. Many becoming professionals in their fields.

She finished with the warm greetings and gave us a little chart wanting to know how our morning was and asked if we felt comfortable. Which was a good thing since it gave an easy small bonding with everyone in the room at the moment.

She took the farthest seat where there was the large machine placed in the middle and gestured me to take the opposite one. She took her headphone which was hanging on the large microphone pointing towards her and I also did the same.

She pressed a button with a yellow gel painted nail and my cover song begun to play in the background. We had a few minute chat before we got interrupted.

"We'll be going on air in 5,4,3,2,1,"
is what we heard and we sat more properly to begin the show. I straighten down my blue straight dress and moved my wig in a better position as the show begun.

"Welcome to our morning show. Good morning to you listeners and viewers. As always we are previledged to have you locked in daily. And for that we are dearly grateful. It's your giirrl Traaacy," she pronounced, as she stressed on her name.

"Now in studio we have the upcoming biggest name in the country right now. You requested for her, and we've delivered your request. Welcome so much to the show Maua Pendo,"

"Thank you so much Tracy for having me here.."
The chart went on and on and the conversation was only getting better and more interesting. Many questions from my unknown fans came in one after the other and the good thing is that none of it was difficult to answer.

We spoke about the release of my new single which was to be released in a week's time.

My team was all suggesting to have Alex on the music video but Alex didn't want to and I wouldn't in any way force him to. All the male models brought in for auditoning as a vixen were all disqualified by who other than Alex. He decided to be the one to choose who was to be showcased.

Within 30 minutes the interview was over and I went back to meet Alex and Patrick who were once again waiting to congratulate me. Their smiles always an assurance that everything is always going to fall into place and that the journey I was partaking won't let me down with them by my side.

As usual, my first spot is always Alex and I went to consume myself in his chest for that tight hug I like having. I don't actually like the hug, I love it. So comfortable and somehow whisperers sweet things to me and calling out to me wherever I spend minutes away from him. I just want this feeling forever.

Two coughs from Patrick broke the moment which I didn't know occured for quite a long time.
Alex was also lost in the moment tightly holding me in silence but we let loose at once.

"Maua. It seem luck is with you all the time. I have another good new for you. You won't believe it." He said matter of fact with a smile nearing a laugh as he said it. This time round I knew the news was not just good but the best news he's ever delivered.

"Mmh. Good news," I repeated indicating that he reveals it.

"Yes," he said, "Maua Sama's Manager just called. And you know what? She wants to see you. Everything has been planned from the trip to the accomodation in Tanzania. Isn't this just amazing?" He said and everyone including the host who was applying powder on her face and the cameramen all together with all the rest heard it and responded with a happily.

" Yes, that is cool and sooner than I expected. Though I don't have any documentations to help me travel outside the country," I reasoned.

"That should worry you. You are my responsibility," he assured

"And still, what about school? Will the stay take too long?" I asked being concerned.

"No. We'll be leaving next week on Friday afternoon and by Sunday evening we'll be already back. We can't miss this opportunity. Plus your music video will be done on the beautiful scenery of Zanzibar Island. This is such a great opportunity for us."

"Okay Patrick. Thanks for everything. I'm really learning much so far," I appreciated.

"No need to thank me. I'm only doing my work," he said slightly patting my back

He then left to have a discussion with the host.

"Alex, we'll have to leave. I need to go see how mum is doing as I get a little rest," I said a moment after digesting what Patrick had said

"That's fine. Let's go," Alex agreed.

We said our goodbyes and Patrick remained behind to take care of some other businesses taking place in the city.

When we were about to get to my home, I decided to let off Alex the burden of having to get me to our our plot since he also needed to get home before going back to school the next day. I gave him a slight kiss on his cheek, my favourite spot being his dimple, and got out of the car. I was too quick to open the car door to prevent him holding me up for too long and changing my mind, as he is used to. He left me on the main road which was only 2 kilometers to our location.

I decided to request for an Uber and within no time. It was there. The driver? Come on. It was Mike. Mike got a job as a cub driver. Wow. Things are really going good on him. He really was hiding his capabilities behind the illicit brews he used to dulge himself into. I always felt how good he was at things. We've grown up together and  he was a multitalented person.  Considering the siblings following him, he used to help out his mother after delivery every year or after some few months. He always hid his intelligence, bravery, confidence, all because of alcohol. I always knew he could achieve so much in life.

The sight in front of me was a little shocking and nice at the same time. I felt very amused and happy for him.

"Mike. Is this really you. To be honest, I'm really loving what you are becoming. I love Alice's influence on you"

He gave me a smile, showing his perfect set of white teeth on his black slim jaw.

"How is it that my passenger who I escorted just few weeks ago to school is no longer in school?" He asked brushing off what I just said.

"I came to visit mum," I responded.

"Okay. Get in and I'll show you my driving skills," he said laughing faintly.

I got a little scared. Is this a game he was trying to play with someone's car? Because ever since we were kids, I always avoided playing games with him. He was always rough because he never wanted to loose. That got me to the reason why he became an alcoholic. He'd shrug off the thoughts of all the rejections I gave him. If only I could do anything to convince him that we were not good for each other, which I obviously did but he never wanted to accept it. Just like he never wanted to accept defeat from the games at a younger age.

I got in with the confidence that the vehicle belonged to someone else and he wouldn't dare play around with it since I heard they are also always monitored.

We sat there in silence. That's how Mike is. A man of few words and always silent when he is sober. Unless you provoke a comfortable feeling in him, which gets him acting all crazy, you'll doubt if his lips are ever sealed.

"Your driving isn't bad," I broke the silence.

"Do you want a better drive? I can show you," he said moving the car a bit sideways, back on track, and again on the other side. I already knew what he meant

"No. The first pace is better. Let's go with it," I said as he painted a saddish look on his face. Just like he always did when we were still young.

"Fine," he accepted.

We went on again with dead silence and the car was already struggling on the bumpy road as we neared the plot gate. The road was always muddy even on a sunny day. On a rainy day, only gumboots could help, unless you want to fly to your destination. Stepping on the mud with small shoes on rainy days could lead one on the city mortuary since illegal wired electricity passed underground. The underground I'm talking about is some few centimetres below the soil. If one could open up the muddy soil, thin tangled wires could be seen but it's the only thing that could be done to help our small village to brighten up at night. With the illegal electricity, which is what we also use at home, we had to pay two hundred shillings(2dollars) every month to the area youths who knock at the door every month. The electricity offered by the government can never be affordable to someone who struggles with a low pay to keep themselves surviving.

I took my purse from my handbag to pay but Mike insisted that I shouldn't pay and  I should take it as a friendship offer. I felt so guilty knowing that he's earnings from it and here he is, doing favours for me. He insisted more and I had to thank him before heading for the car's door and got out.

People from the area including Mike's friends were allover the car talking to him ammused by his move. I gave them their time and headed straight home.

Mum was still at work so I decided to have a few minutes nap before washing my hair and heading to her to get a new styled plaiting done by her magical hands. I wanted to inform her about my departure to Tanzania and definitely get her blessings. She's been in this with me and has always encouraged and supported me all through.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

4.3K 113 13
*PLEASE COMMENT AND VOTE* Zharia has always had the short end of the stick. At a young age she took on the role of a provider because her own mother...
8K 421 49
(Revamped) Jenasssia Thomas was miserable in the hell some people call school. But that all Changes when a certain someone enters her life. But the q...
13.8K 988 82
Banished from home at the age of 19,married at 21 Kimora Stevens , young mother ,a drop out...the streets are dirty, streets are mean, all glitters...
180 50 36
It's 2018 on the islands of Lagos, Nigeria and however hard Ekene, Tomilola and Elvis try to convince themselves that they're okay, they know they ar...