Burning Up (M.YG+ P.JM)

Od spectaclescience

COMPLETE "I can't feel you, because it would kill me." || Jimin had never asked for this life, restricted to... Více

-Preface-
Ch 02| Gargoyle Mansion
Ch 03| A little allowance
Ch 04| Tissues
Ch 05| Not a secret
Ch 06|Discovery and decision
Ch 07| The final note
Ch 08| Meet you
Ch 09| Baby steps
Ch 10| Interlocked
Ch 11| Where's the smoke, Jimin?
Ch 12| Hug you
Ch 13| Talk to me
Ch 14| His name was Jung Hoseok
Ch 15| Confusion
Ch 16| Confusion Pt II
Ch 17| Thank you Yoongi
Ch 18| In my Dreams
Ch 19|Alone for a while
Ch 20| Giving in
Ch 21| Kiss You
Ch 22| Exploration
Ch 23| Love you
Ch 24| Early
Ch 25|Cold Bath
Ch 26|Smoke
Ch 27|The Breaking Point
Ch 28|Feel You Burn
Epilogue: Fire

Ch 01| Conditions and consequences

429 24 10
Od spectaclescience

I used to love fire.

The little flames that ate through the flimsy wood of the match sticks, emanating ribbons of silent white smoke, the light flame that danced on the stove lapping at the steel of a frying pan, cooking away the colorless egg white, giving it a color and a taste, was the most fascinating thing to my simple mind, which was used to being content with whatever little amount I had.

And it was that love I had for those flames, that led me to the white mansion atop the single hill.

I had to keep the flame on my stove from going out.

The brass plated barred gate stood before me, easily towering over my scrawny self, and atop the pillars, twin gargoyles stared down at me with a very judgmental look in their solid bronze eyes. It was as if they could sense my failure as a human being. I shuddered at the thought that I may be crossing paths with these gargoyles again until I lost this job as well. They would stare at me then too, amused as they knew that another failure had been added to my list.

"But that's not today, Mr. gargoyle," I thought and rung the bell which was in the small compartment fixed into the huge ivy covered wall which extended for miles,starting from the side of the gate itself. I fixed my glasses, and patted down my impossibly stubborn black hair one last time, attempting to make myself a little bit more presentable as I heard the familiar, horrible sound of the mansion bell echo through the well maintained and prim gardens. I do not know why, but the sound always managed to remind me of a scene out of a horror movie. 

I fidgeted with my backpack as I waited for the gate to open.

And soon enough a girl in a small black dress, white apron tied over her petite waist, trotted over to the gate and let me in, through a smaller gate fixed into the big one. Even the gates were complicated here. The people here must be filthy rich.

I gaped at the endless sight trimmed sheets of grass surrounding the white marble fountain in the middle of the garden. A small mist caught my eye as the spray from the fountain glistened in rainbow colors, catching a bit of the sunlight that was falling on to the lawn.

I followed the doll like girl, who was surprisingly fast for her size, and in no time I was heading into the house, taking my shoes off at the entrance, following the actions of the girl  before me.

The girl bowed into a perfect ninety degree and vanished into the depths of the extremely large mansion, leaving me to fend for myself, but did not forget to put me on edge, even before my time here began.

"Run while you can oppa. This is a home of a monster."

She whispered in my ear, standing on the tips of her toes, and rushed off, for suddenly a voice rang through the hall, "Mr. Min, is that you? Right on time too I see, make yourself comfortable in the living room, I'll be down in a minute."

I  barely managed to navigate myself into the main seating area, and root myself in the middle of the living room which was illuminated by the soft light that came filtered by the white lacy curtains draped over the large glass doors and windows. I marveled, letting out a low whistle, fascinated by the lighting and the architecture.

 There was hardly a solid wall, and everything was open and inviting, quite the opposite of what I would imagine for a house of a monster. Instead, it looked like a slice of heaven, and I didn't feel like sitting on the nice furniture and tainting it with my presence. 

So I shifted on my feet uncomfortably instead.

That was when a tall woman came down the dark wood stairs that stood in the middle of the living room. She wore a maroon pencil skirt, black shirt neatly tucked into it. Black high heels clicked as she descended down the stairs, a small, tight smile forming on her cherry red lips. She fixed her already neatly tied chocolate colored hair once more, before extending her snowy white hand towards me.

"Mr. Min, it is a pleasure to meet you, I am Park Eunji, owner of this house, chair person of Park enterprises, and your employer from this day on wards." She said and I accepted her hand,  making the deal official.

 I was now one of her staff.

Yet I still didn't know what was expected from me. The advert had simply said, "assistance needed," and had mentioned a really exceptional pay. Even the phone call we had earlier on in the  week had been really short and scarcely detailed. But if I was to work, it was only fair that I knew what I had to do.

"Excuse me, Mrs. Park," I said, noticing the wedding band on her finger, "But what is it exactly that I am here to do?"

My inquiry seemed to startle her. It was as if she expected me to already know the answer. 

Her eagle like eyes scanned me from head to toe, making me feel small and insignificant in my white t shirt, black jeans and black over coat. 

I must have not made a really good impression, for her nose slightly scrunched at the sight, but in my defense, this was the best outfit I owned. Unlike the lady before me, I did not spend my time swimming in dollar bills.

"Do you have... any useful talents, Mr.Min?" She asked, emphasizing the term "useful". Doubt laced through her voice,as the words slowly escaped her lips. I grimaced, seeing that she already seemed to have such low expectations of me.

 I had a feeling that rapping would not be the kind of talent she meant when she said useful. And I struggled, because aside from that, and my basic survival skills, I wasn't much of a typical "talented" person.

My eyes scanned the room, mind racing as I thought of things that I could do to please the lady. They landed on a white piano that stood at the corner of the house, facing the pool in the back yard. 

My eyes lit up.

"I can play the piano." I said in a hurry, but in my nervousness under the woman's piercing gaze, it came out more like a question rather than a statement.

 I winced. 

And again, she did not seem impressed. Instead she raised a brow, making me feel smaller and smaller by the second. I shrunk in on myself.

"Piano, unfortunately, is not the type of useful we are looking for Mr.Min," She said, and I instantly prepared myself to withstand the usual "I'm sorry we just can't hire you," that I assumed would escape her pursed lips.

But she never said it.

Instead, she continued, " Forget my question, Mr. Min. Let me put it this way. You will do whatever I ask you to do, which I assure you will not be a lot. You will mainly be in charge of delivering the food to room 23, on the third floor, and keeping that area nice and clean. Impress me, Mr. Min, and maybe someday, I will let you play that piano."

I nodded in understanding. Delivering food to the third floor. I could do that.

"Can you cook?" She suddenly asked, and again I nodded a response. I wasn't horrible at the task, even though I wasn't the best at it either.

"Good. Your shifts are from seven a.m. to seven p.m. I expect my employees to be punctual." She said, but there was something unrecognizable in her chestnut eyes when she looked at me, as if she was planning the best way to hide my dead body. 

Maybe I shouldn't have come here. Maybe she was a psychopath, conspiring to hold me hostage in her house as a slave for life.

But again, maybe I should stop overthinking the warning of the girl in the black dress and apron.

 But still,I nodded in acknowledgement of her statement.

She looked disgusted by my choice of response. "Use your words when you respond to me," She said in an almost huffy tone, but somehow still managing to remain in her professional voice.

"Yes Mrs. Park."I said.

"That's more like it. Follow me." She said, allowing herself a little smile, and turned around, making her way up the stairs again.

Second floor.

It was bright, but had a gold hue to it. It was almost glowing in the light. Perhaps it was because every door frame, mantle and picture frame on that floor was made of gold, or gold plated at least. I felt wrong stepping over the white fur carpet which Mrs. Park so easily tread on. 

We went up another flight of stairs, and I wasn't quite sure how the woman, who was in really high heels, had not broken her pace, nor her posture as of yet while I being myself, was extremely tired by the time we reached the third and final floor of the house. 

Stairs, used to be, is, and always will be my mortal enemy.

She smoothed her skirt and looked over to me, and I inhaled sharply, holding my breath. I did not want her to think I was tired already, although I was.

 I only exhaled when she scoffed, and walked past me, allowing myself to catch my breath momentarily, and digest what I was seeing.

This floor had a much more modern feel to it. White walls surrounded me, but they appeared a bit grey, heavy grey drapes over the glass windows, blocking away most of the sun. In the dim lighting, I could see the grey carpets and a black leather couch facing a flat screen television. I let my eyes wander a little bit longer.

There were at least seven rooms on that floor itself, all dark blue doors  numbered in silver. 21, 22... 23. That was the room I was supposed to serve, according to Mrs. Park, but I was confused, for the door seemed to be locked, and the entire floor was silent. It did not seem as if anyone lived here. There wasn't even a maid in sight.

"The kitchen is right over here," she said breaking the silence, and I felt her gaze on the  back of my head, which had unconsciously turned towards the solid dark blue door of room number 23. 

I instantly snapped towards the direction of her voice. "Pay attention," She said, running a red painted nail over the steel counter of the kitchen, and turning over to face me.

How did she know that I had been turning away from her? I wondered, but stopped when I saw my own reflection on the shiny doors of the refrigerator.

"Since you claim you're able to cook, I will give you this responsibility as well. Everything you need to make a decent meal is here in the kitchen, and you will have to prepare breakfast by seven thirty, lunch by one fifteen, and dinner by six thirty, each meal to fit yourself, and one other person."She said, slightly gesturing to the kitchen while taking a few steps towards me.

So I was getting meals. That's one expense to cut off my list,I thought as I slowly backed away from the lady who was approaching me like a cougar, ready to pounce on its prey.

"You are free to use anything and everything within this floor, as long as you don't break anything, or make a lot of noise. Huge commotions will not be tolerated." She said, giving me a stern look, and stood right in front of me, crossing her arms over her chest,as if she expected me to be the type of person to make a commotion, which in reality, I was not. I was too lazy to even move most of the time.

"Yes Mrs. Park,"I responded anyway.

"Once you prepare the meals, put the food onto plates, in an appetizing way, and cover it with the cloches you will find in the cupboards right there. Then put the food, on a trolley, and leave it in front of room 23,and when the bell rings, you will bring the hopefully emptied plates back to the kitchen, and clean them. Routine for all three meals." She explained in dead seriousness.

This was a lot of steps. Extremely specific steps. 

"Alright,"I said. As we began to descend down the stairs again, and for a while, I was left alone with my thoughts, listening to the rhythmic clicking of her high heeled shoes.

Halfway down the stairs, she stopped, as if she had forgotten to tell me something.

"And, Mr. Min, I cannot warn you enough. No matter what you do, regardless what may tempt you, never- never look inside the room."She threatened in a low menacing voice, and began to walk down he stairs again.

Why? Was she actually hiding a monster in there? Was this what the girl had warned me about? I wondered as I quickly followed.

"I understand Mrs.Park," I said despite myself, and agreed to her conditions, just because I desperately needed the money.Feeding a monster was not something I was above of doing, if it meant that my bills were paid and my stomach was full.

"Then I will see you tomorrow. I expect that you will be on time," she said, a hint of finality mixing into her lady like voice, and opened the door for me. Once outside of the house, I bent down to tie my laces, and got up, dusting myself off. 

She watched closely as I did all this. I could feel it.

We came to the main gate in silence. The gargoyles were still there, but now they seemed angry, rather than judgmental. I was not looking forward to this at all. But it was not like I had a choice.

And as I bid my farewells, expressing my gratitude, half heartedly reciting the usual lines of "I won't disappoint you"s and "thank you"s, Mrs. Park shook my hand again.

"I hope you remember my instructions, Mr. Min," She said, adding a final threat to her words, and her grip tightened over my hand." Because if you do not follow them to the dot, there will be consequences."

She let me go.

"There will be consequences," She'd said,

but what thing in life didn't?

a/n: Chapter one you guys! I hope you enjoy the story yet to come. Don't hesitate to vote and leave a comment, I would love to hear from you.I'm really excited about this book, and I have already written a large portion of it, having nothing to do since schools are closed. I will be updating at least once every week at this rate! :))

Quarantine is way less boring now that I picked up this awesome hobby! I hope quarantine is treating you well too.Stay safe, stay healthy and of course,be happy :D

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

12.3K 1.1K 19
Have you ever heard about Love at second sight? A feeling when you meet someone and know that you're going to fall for them. Maybe you don't love the...
80.2K 3.2K 13
Jimin is scared to talk to Yoongi and decides to text him instead. First thing he says is, "Can I eat your face?"
49.2K 3.7K 15
©Yoonmin&Company'18 "Wanna jump together?" "Normally, I would say yes but I kinda like you now. Could we get smoothies first?" - - - - {WARNING} Se...
63.6K 3.9K 15
jimin is new in school so taehyung decides to talk to him. their time together is something taehyung decided to write a journal about.