The Roommate Therapy โœ“

BแปŸi addinginfinities_

[๐–๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ฉ๐š๐ ๐…๐ž๐š๐ญ๐ฎ๐ซ๐ž๐] - ๐–๐š๐ญ๐ญ๐ฉ๐š๐ ๐‡๐ ๐„๐๐ข๐ญ๐จ๐ซ'๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐œ๐ค ๐Œ๐š๐ฒ ๐Ÿ๐ŸŽ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ โ˜† 19-year ol... Xem Thรชm

โ€ข Welcome โ€ข
โ€ข Cast โ€ข
โ€ข Playlist โ€ข
00 โ€ข The Beginning
01 โ€ข Confounded Misunderstanding
02 โ€ข Your Call Princess
03 โ€ข Samba
04 โ€ข Bitchiness Galore
05 โ€ข Rainy Bliss
06 โ€ข Scars That Run Deep
08 โ€ข Neon Lights
09 โ€ข Boyfriend?!
10 โ€ข Hold Me Please
11 โ€ข Jerk Alert
12 โ€ข I Should Have...
13 โ€ข Blues
14 โ€ข Bike Rides and Long Nights
15 โ€ข Letting Go
16 โ€ข Jitters
17 โ€ข Colour Me Red
18 โ€ข All Over The Place
19 โ€ข Vibrators and Terminator
20 โ€ข Atychiphobia
21 โ€ข Later, Skater
22 โ€ข Playing With Fire
23 โ€ข Habeas Corpus
24 โ€ข Fragile Bonds
25 โ€ข Karela Couture
26 โ€ข Carpe Noctem
27 โ€ข Delirium
28 โ€ข Emotional Detox
29 โ€ข Changing Tides
30 โ€ข Starlight And Illusion
31 โ€ข Conflicted
32 โ€ข Crossfire Of Emotion
33 โ€ข Begin Again
34 โ€ข Faux Pas
35 โ€ข Testing Waters
36 โ€ข Nightfall Angels
37 โ€ข Early Morning Bratfest
38 โ€ข Celibacy And Imported Peaches
39 โ€ข Cranial Tornadoes
40 โ€ข Electric Buzz
41 โ€ข Euphoric Haze
42 โ€ข Racing Hearts
43 โ€ข Repudiation
44 โ€ข Castle In The Clouds
45 โ€ข The Butterfly's Dream
46 โ€ข Queasy Wreck
47 โ€ข Midnight Drawls
48 โ€ข Underhand Devilry
49 โ€ข Unexpected Company
50 โ€ข Festive Vibes
51 โ€ข Closer
52 โ€ข Stalemate
53 โ€ข Liberation
B1 โ€ข Philophobia
B2 โ€ข Lacuna
โ€ข Epilogue โ€ข
โ€ข Author's Note โ€ข
โ–ช๏ธŽ New Book โ–ช๏ธŽ

07 โ€ข It's TYCHE Not Tikki

14.4K 959 338
BแปŸi addinginfinities_

《Short Recap》

Vinay laughed humorlessly. "Keep your pity, Akira. I don't want it. I'm dealing with my problems just fine. And just because you read some bullshit I wrote does not mean you understand me any better than you did before. So by all means, just fuck off."

I searched his face for emotion but I found nothing but hatred in his eyes. Hatred towards himself that was being reflected onto me.

He left me standing speechless there as he turned to go back into his sanctuary, and slammed the door onto my face yet again. This was the second time in four days.

Vinay was many things. He hid his scars behind the sturdy walls he'd built up around his mind. But he wasn't the egotistical asshole I'd presumed him to be, that was for sure.

●○●

"Akira, my dear!" my mother gushed affectionately, as soon as she saw my face on FaceTime.

Beaming at her, I sent a flying kiss her way which she gladly returned.

"Hi Ma! You look fresh. I suppose Delhi's been really kind to you. You look at least five years younger."

"Oh please. This face isn't going to look any younger now." She waved her hand in dismissal, "I just found that some of my old university friends stay close by and we've been meeting up. That's all."

"But you do look radiant. Been reminiscing those times you spent with your senior boyfriend, huh?" I raise my brow suggestively, biting back a snort.

"Shut up you silly girl!" my mother exclaimed, red tinting her cheeks, "Is that any way to talk to your mother now."

I laughed at her shyness, and Ma giggled like an teenager who'd just confessed to her first crush.

"So what was I about to say? You made me forget it now." she continued, trying to remember, "Yes. You remember that Damini Aunty who used to come to our place very often when you were in third grade?"

"Uhh...no." I replied, shaking my head.

"Doesn't matter." Ma said, seeing the clueless expression on my face.

"So what about her?" I prodded.

"Well, she has a son who is three years older than you. He just finished his BTech and is going to do his MBA this year. Do you want his number?" she asked, like she was asking whether I wanted to eat chapati for dinner.

"What? No! Ma, I know where you're going with this." I said sternly, "How many times do I have to tell you that I'm too young to even think about marriage. Second year of college has just begun for heaven sake."

"I know it's too early beta, but some day you'll have to start thinking about it right? And anyway your generation is into this dating business, so why not give it a try?" my mother reasoned, the classic Indian mom that she was.

"No, just stop." I said, finality in my tone.

"There's no need to be so rude to your mother, Akira." She tried guilt tripping me, "If you didn't want to talk to Rahul, you could have just said that. There's no need to be so dramatic."

Rahul, so that was this guy's name. I shook my head. Why am I even giving a second thought to this shit?

I rested my head against my hand. This was all so strange .

For the first eighteen years of my life this woman would snap the moment I mentioned a boy's name, even if he was my bench partner for the month. And now suddenly Ma was acting like my self appointed wingman.

I shrugged. Mothers could be so confusing at times.

Before Ma could bring up another brainless topic of conversation, Roshni climbed onto the bed next to me, pushing me side as she hogged the screen.

I wasn't complaining though.

Anymore time alone with my mother, and she would probably have managed to convince me to get engaged to her neighbour's sister's son just because he had a good profile picture on Instagram.

"Hi Aunty! How are you?" Roshni waved at my mom.

"I'm good beta," Ma smiled angelically, "How are you?"

"I'm fine Aunty. But I have a complaint against Akira." Roshni said.

"Why? What has my little girl done? Is she not eating properly? Or is she studying too much?" my mother started with her usual set of questions.

I rolled my eyes.

"No she's been eating properly and all. But I've been trying to convince her all day to come with Neel and me to...Oww!" Roshni screamed, when I pinched her arm hard, knowing full well where this conversation was headed.

"Please don't do this to me." I mouthed, pleading with my eyes.

Ignoring me completely, she continued, "Yeah, I have been trying to get Akira to come with me to this party hosted by one of our college friends but she just won't listen."

My mother frowned.

"Do you have any other plans for tonight, Akira?" she asked.

"Yes, as a matter of fact I do. I need to finish up the troubleshooting program I'm working on by tomorrow night." I replied, shifting my weight onto my elbows.

"For that Tikki company?"

Roshni stifled a laugh and I glared at her.

"Ma! It's TYCHE and not Tikki!"

"See Aunty, Akira's been acting like that company is going to crash within a day if she doesn't finish a very basic program." Roshni pitched in.

"Don't worry dear, Akira will go to the party with you." My mother replied without asking me.

"But Ma..." I began to protest.

"No, I'm having none of your nonsense. You really need to learn to live a little."

What does she mean?!

"Ok, I'll see." I replied halfheartedly.

"No you're going and that's final. I'm not going to hear anymore of this now." my mother stated.

"I love you Aunty!" Roshni blew my mother a flying kiss.

"Bye." I said crossly, shutting the laptop screen. "You owe me one you bully."

"Haha, I promise you won't miss much today if you come." Roshni said, as she leapt off my bed and gathered her books.

She'd come over to the apartment after college to study with me, but we hadn't done much of that. Now that I think of it, she was just buying herself time to convince me to go to the party and had ended up acquiring the reins to my nearly nonexistent social life.

That sly bitch!

"Ok I'm leaving before your hotshot turns up. We'll pick you up at seven. And dress well." She shouted over he shoulder as she sprinted to the door.

"Ughh..." I groaned.

Why on earth did I call Ma when Roshni was around? That bitch now had unspoken permission to control my social propaganda.

●○●

I wore a black dress, nothing too showy but a classic piece that ended a couple of inches above my knees. It hugged my curves softly but not too snuggly that I'd feel uncomfortable wearing it.

I liked this dress. Honestly, I felt really beautiful when I wore it.

I'd decided to enjoy tonight without any apprehensions after giving the idea of the party some thought.

You either go big or don't go at all, right?

I kept my makeup minimal, just some mascara and kohl lining my eyes, and a little dab of lip gloss.

Grabbing my purse I headed out hurriedly and bumped into Vinay who'd just returned from wherever he'd been.

Involuntarily, his hand shot out to hold my hand and steady me. His dull eyes bored into my eyes when I met his unwavering gaze.

"Look where you're going, Akira." Vinay said coldly, letting go of my arm.

"Yeah," I replied, a little flustered, "I'm sorry."

Vinay opened his mouth as if to say something to me, but closed it. He wordlessly walked past me.

I shrugged. That boy switched from hot to cold so fast, it was impossible for me to keep up with his moods.

"Are you going to the party?" he asked, turning slowly.

"Yes. Are you going to come?" I inquired politely.

"Maybe, I don't know." He replied simply, "I haven't really thought about it yet."

"Ok, I should get going then." I replied quickly, making my way into the building lobby.

I closed my eyes and inhaled deeply.

Let the party begin!

●○●

Hi there all of you! Hope you're enjoying the story so far!
Vote, comment and stay at home!

Beta: pronounced as bey-ta is an Indian term of endearment for your child.

Chapati: An Indian bread.

ฤแปc tiแบฟp

Bแบกn Cลฉng Sแบฝ Thรญch

19.2K 2.7K 41
Unedited! Wherein one is deeply in love while the other has vowed to never fall in love again. **************************************** Arjun Raicha...
193K 12.5K 41
Meera has been rendered cynical after her high school boyfriend dumps her right after their board exams end. She decides to make the next phase of he...
3.5K 357 14
๐–ก๐—ˆ๐—ˆ๐—„ ๐Ÿค ๐—ˆ๐–ฟ ๐—Œ๐–พ๐—‹๐—‚๐–พ๐—Œ #๐™ฐ๐š๐š๐™ฐ๐™ฝ๐™ถ๐™ด๐™ณ ๐™ท๐™ด๐™ฐ๐š๐šƒ๐š‚ (This series contains arranged marriage stories only) ๐—ฉ๐—ถ๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ฎ๐—ป ๐—ฆ๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด๐—ต๐—ฎ๐—ป๐—ถ๐˜†๐—ฎ ...
692K 42.9K 46
"Kabir Malhotra, a 25-year-old, young, handsome, gym freak, always a hot topic among girls. He's known to be rude and doesn't care about anyone excep...