Royal Affection

repswiftly tarafından

Avanna Larsen, Ava for short, is the Princess of Denmark and she is in line to become Queen of Denmark after... Daha Fazla

Royal Affection
CHAPTER ONE - The Big Dream
CHAPTER TWO - Red Hair
CHAPTER THREE - A Familiar Stranger
CHAPTER FOUR - Rude Boy
CHAPTER FIVE - Eventful
CHAPTER SIX - Rosaline and Mathew
CHAPTER SEVEN - The Bully's Nice Friend
CHAPTER EIGHT - Masked Man
CHAPTER NINE - 'A'
CHAPTER TEN - The Practice Kiss?
CHAPTER ELEVEN - Hurt
CHAPTER TWELVE - Tears
CHAPTER THIRTEEN - Butterflies
CHAPTER FOURTEEN - Meant To Be Hate
CHAPTER FIFTEEN - Night-time Chase
CHAPTER SIXTEEN - Broom Cupboard
CHAPTER SEVENTEEN - Scared
CHAPTER NINETEEN - Surprise Kisses
CHAPTER TWENTY - Unspoken
CHAPTER TWENTY ONE - Poopy and Stinky
CHAPTER TWENTY TWO - Under The Moonlight
CHAPTER TWENTY THREE - Hiding Something
CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR - Dead Within A Week
CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE - Go Get Her
CHAPTER-TWENTY SIX - The Last Scene
CHAPTER TWENTY SEVEN - Deserves To Be King
CHAPTER TWENTY EIGHT - Girlfriend
EPILOUGE

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN - Anthony Cartwright

18.3K 633 28
repswiftly tarafından

                                     C H A P T E R - E I G H T E E N

I leaned on the table on my elbows, massaging my temples to ease the headache. I groan and sit back, listening to students act their scene and Goodman giving them feedback.

Last night I’d got no sleep. I tossed and turned and woke several times. I had dreams of guns pointing at me. Another of Henry carrying the gun and almost killing me but the worst part was Henry shooting Lucas. That woke me with a start and covered in cold sweat.

I chair scraped nearby and my eye darted for the sound. Lucas had pulled up a seat next to me.

“Are you okay?” He asked and I smiled at his concern. Still the headache made me shut my eyes tight and run my fingers through my hair. I don’t bother answering and sit back, groaning once again.

“I’ll take that as a no,” he smirks, making me smile again.

“Well, drama’s getting boring.Gary flicking his hair back annoys me. Also April keeps whistling.” I grimace and look down at my lap.

“Drama isn’t boring.” Lucas says firmly and I snigger.

“Yes it is.” I answer back.

“Photography’s boring.” He comments. I gasp, more or less derisively.

“Don’t say that!” I snap. “Exactly” he holds up his hands and I fold my arms.

“Fine, but you like Drama and I don’t. And if you find photography boring, you don’t take that lesson anyway.” I sigh and feel his face come closer to mine. His hot breath blows on my hair and brushes my cheeks.

“But you get to act with me,” he breathes, his voice barely audible but husky. I get nervous. The palms of my hands are sweaty from being clamped together. His face was really close to mine and I didn’t dare move my face to look at him. “That’s the best thing about Drama for you.” He moves away and I sigh with both relief and disappointment. The thought about telling Lucas everything was haunting me. I wanted to tell him but a part of me wanted to keep quiet. I mean, we hardly know each other, we fight and we hate each other. But he kissed me, even if it was to find out why I’m being chased. I’ve made up my mind.

I turned, bracing myself and sucking in a huge breath. He’d gone. He was next to Goodman. I shot up and walked to him - slapping April on the arm to stop her whistling - on the way. As soon as Goodman was back with Gary and the others, I tugged at Lucas’ arm. He turned, one eyebrow shot up at my hold on his arm. He scrunched up his face but doesn’t shrug my hand off.

“Can I help you?” He asks. I bit my lip to stop my smile. He looked cute with that face, but I also wanted to slap him so I could talk to him without laughing. I let go of his arm but the bell rang.

Really? Now?

Lucas walks away to get his bag. I quickly sprint back over to my chair, skidding to a stop and lunging for my bag on the floor. I spin around but Lucas has already gone. I push past April who yelled my name in frustration.

Once I was out in the hallway, it was crowded with kids. Great, now I won’t be able to find him.

“Ava!” I turn my head and see Jake by the exit. I grin when I realise Lucas is with him. I walk towards them, hoping I’ll get a chance to talk to Lucas.

I gasped and tensed up when Jake threw his arms around me, holding me in for a hug. I awkwardly put my arms around him but after a couple of seconds, I liked it. I smiled and retreated, only getting horrible glares off Lucas.

“I’ll talk to you later, I need to talk to our Photography teacher.” Jake smiled and patted Lucas on the back before he left. Well this was easier than I thought.

“Lucas, I need to tell you-“

“No, I need to tell you something.” Lucas said and I was quite shocked. What could he want to tell me? That he hates me? To stay out of his way or he’ll chase me down with a chainsaw? But it was his calm tone that surprised me.

“Okay but I want-“

“No, me first.” He insists and I sigh.

“What happened to ‘ladies first’?” I cross my arms and he shakes his head.

“That doesn’t apply here.” He says dismissively.

I was about to answer back but he held his hand up and took my hand. My heart melted at this and he led the way outside. Most students were outside since it was a break, but that meant people were busy talking and not listening in, which I suspect Lucas wants.

“I want to show you something.” He says in a slight whisper. I shrug and wait. “Not now though.

I narrow my eyes at him. He wanted to show me something? What could be so important?

“I’ll be at your apartment room tonight. Be ready.” He says and walks away. He didn’t wait for a reply or confirmation that I would go with him. He just expected me to. And I didn’t get a chance to tell him what I wanted to. Maybe I will tonight.

***

“You look nice.” commented Maria who was stood at the doorway. She smiled and came in, smoothing out my hair that I decided to keep down.

One: because it was quite cold and it might keep my ears warm and two: because I think Lucas liked it like this.

I scoffed at the thought afterwards. Why am I bothering? He didn’t even say when he’d turn up. I spun around and inspected myself one last time in the mirror. I’d worn some skinny jeans with Ugg boots and I’d worn a woolly blue sweater that would be accompanied by a leather jacket.

A knock on the door sounded and I knew it was Lucas. I bolted past Maria and to the door, almost trampling Mr. Kitty. As soon as I saw him, I smiled. He too was wearing a leather jacket that fit snugly on him.

“That explains the hour you took to get ready.”

I spun around and found Maria at the door. I growled under my breath but she didn’t comprehend. Joe appeared to, wrapping his arms around Maria’s waist and making her yelp.

“What are you doing?” She whispers to him. He slowly retreats and heads to the fridge.

“Bye,” I quickly say and shut the door behind me, glad to be away from them two. I fall in step with Lucas and watch him hit the button for the lift.

“Where are we going?” I question but he just smiles sneakily. “You’ll see.”

The lift door slides open and we walk in. Also the awkward silence starts.

***

We’d stepped out into the busy streets of London and the cold was harsh. I tightened my jacket around me but my fingers were freezing and going numb. I stuffed them in my pocket and struggled to keep up with Lucas, yet I tried my best and pestered him about where we were going.

“Are we there yet?” I whine and I see him shake his head. After another fifteen minutes, we stop in front of and old, battered building that had a few blinking neon lights outside. This couldn’t be the place could it?

Lucas walks in and I have no choice but to follow. Once I’m in I see a small reception area and in the seat behind it was an old, bald man that smiled toothily at me.

“You okay, Jeremy?” Lucas gives and thumbs up to the man and he replies with a nod and another grin. “He’s the night guard, but he lets me in here free.” Lucas explains by leaning in closer.

He leads me through a couple of double doors and we emerge in a huge circular room.

“This is a museum of famous actors and movie makers. Well it’s one of the smaller ones anyway and running out of business. It’ll probably be shut down soon.”  He said and his voice reverberated around the room. I saw sculptures and pictures of people. Some I recognised and others I didn’t. I saw a black and white photo of Charlie Chaplin with his funny moustache and cane.

There was a painted image of Gene Wilder and another of Danny Divito. The further I looked, the more actors looked familiar. I saw a barely recognisable sculpture of Will Smith, a picture of  Arnold Swarcheneggar and so many more.

“So you bought me to an old, cheap, film museum?” I query with a slight smile but he ignores it and beckons me over. I walk to him, looking up at a picture of a blonde man with bright blue eyes, a straight face and perfect chin. He resembled…Lucas.

My eyes flicker over to him to catch a glimpse of his smirk. I knew the man in the photo. I’d seem many of his films and enjoyed them. But how could it be and why didn’t I realise before.

“Anthony Cartwright-“

“-is your dad.” I finish for him and gawk at the image and Lucas.

“Yeah.” He breathes.

“Bu-h how,” I mutter incoherently. He’s-“

“Dead. Yeah he is. I told you my Dad died after her left my mum and went toAmerica. You knew him as the actor, and everyone knew he died too.” He explains with some kind of proud yet hurt smile.

“Your mum married Anthony Cartwright?” I’ll admit I was shocked. Wow. I sat watching his films with Henry back in Denmark and now I find out he was Lucas’s dad. He’s honestly full of surprises.

“Yeah, they were in love once. It didn’t last.” He shrugs and walks away. I follow, glancing at the portraits one last time before trailing Lucas out.

***

We had walked into Starbucks and I’d ordered a coffee. I held the warm cup in my hands and welcomed the buzzes jolting through me, heating me up in the cold night. Lucas had kindly bought me it and himself one too.

I was surprised how easily we talked to each other. He told me stories about his dad and his family and I listened and replied sometimes. I was enjoying this night. Not just being I was out with Lucas in a completely none date related way but he wasn’t snapping at me or calling me stalker every now and then.

I’d finished my coffee and we headed back to the apartment. I was worried I might be chased again by those lunatics but not tonight. It seemed luck was on my side. The ride up to our floor wasn’t as awkward until I reached my apartment door.

I was going to knock but Lucas stood in front of me, some part of my mind wanted him to kiss me when the other reminded me that this was not a date.

“Thanks for coming with me tonight.” He smiled and I nodded. I wasn’t capable of speaking right now. I bit my lower lip and faced my door. I was tired now and I was going to get inside, take a hot shower and crawl into bed – kiss or no kiss.

Just when my hand made contact with the door and I rapped hard against it. I felt Lucas’ lips on my cheek. They lingered and brushed against my skin. I felt tingling and my heart beat increased. I gulped and looked up.

“Goodnight.” He said and walked away, leaving me glued to the spot and Joe waving his hands in front of me after he’d opened the door.

______________________________________________________________

So, another update. I did my best inbetween college work so here you are. Can this chapter get 10 votes and 10 comments? I'll write the next chapter if it does. Hope you enjoyed it anyway! :) Let me know your thoughts!

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

1.4K 76 6
Ashley Sylvester is beyond happy when she gets accepted into Caden's School of Music. At 17, she's a senior there. She is happier about the fact that...
29.6M 505K 68
"I'm the sexy guy in school, and all the ladies want me. So don't act like you don't. And try not to make it seem like a surprise Princess because yo...
2.1M 75.9K 32
One blog, one girl, two very different people. 17 year old Charlotte Knight has always gone unnoticed with her brother the star football player and h...
319K 10.9K 52
"I need you to stop bullying Reese." Oh, so it was because of her friend. "I-I will do anything, just make it stop." Her eyes softened along with her...