Home (Jack Kline x Reader) [[...

By ToHellWithReality

I'm back at it again with another Supernatural reader insert story. I just can't stray away from some good ol... More

Author's Notes
Alone
Family Ties
"I'm Sorry... What?!"
All Work, No Play
Water Pleasantries
'No Chick Flick Moments'
You're Good
Frat Party Confusion
Big Spoon, Little Spoon
Want Some Ketch-Up With That?
Give It Time
Us Girls Gotta Stick Together
Ohh Jack, I'm Home
Sister, Where Art Thou
*AUTHOR'S NOTES/UPDATE*
A Deal With The Devil
[[Update]]
Wondering What Could Have Been... (ENDING #2)

You're My Home (ENDING #1)

1.5K 54 2
By ToHellWithReality

You, your brothers, and Mary had been tirelessly searching for any clue of Lucifer or Jack for a week.

Castiel had been traveling, talking to the few angels that were left to see if they'd seen Lucifer and Jack, and searching for any sign of them in major cities.

Sam slammed his laptop closed, pinching the bridge of his nose and sighing.

You frowned as you stared at your exhausted brothers and Mary. "Why don't you all get some sleep? You haven't slept in days."

Dean smiled tiredly. "We're fi-"

"She's right. We're not going to find Jack if we're not fully all there," Mary said.

"Yeah, I'm the only one who seems to be getting any sleep around here. Go, I'll be fine," you added reassuringly.

Mary gave you a side-hug and your brothers gave you kisses on the top of your head before heading off to their rooms to sleep.

You sighed and headed to the kitchen.

You made a cup of tea and sat down on one of the barstools, staring off into nothing.

You took a deep, shaky breath. "I know this is still stupid, but if you can hear me, Lucifer, please bring Jack back to me. If you have any shred of love in your heart for that sweet boy, at least let me see him, just once."

You'd been praying to Lucifer this entire week. Castiel had told you angels could hear prayers, so you'd been trying hopelessly to get him to hear you. Of course, you wouldn't know if he'd heard or not.

Unless he brought Jack back. Which hadn't happened as of yet, and you weren't sure it ever would.

--With Lucifer and Jack (Jack's POV)--

Lucifer lied down, relaxed on a lounge chair.

We were on a beach somewhere in Fiji. It was probably the tenth place we'd gone to since I've been with him.

I sat, bored, under an umbrella, mindlessly flipping through the pages of a book.

"Oh, c'mon, son. Go swim with the dolphins, get a tan... have fun!" Lucifer implored, staring at me through his sunglasses.

I shot him a silent look, then went back to reading my book.

He let out an exasperated sigh. "You know, most people would be ecstatic that they've been around the world in a week. At least be a little grateful."

"I'm not most people. I can't have fun here. Not if I'm around you," I retorted.

He smirked. "Oh, I know what it is. You miss your girl."

I bit the inside of my cheek.

"She misses you too, you know," he added nonchalantly.

"What?" I looked up.

"Sweet, little sentimental gal has been praying to me all week."

"You're lying."

He crossed his arms. "What reason would I have to lie?"

I stared hard at him.

"Okay, don't answer that." He sat up. "We can still go and snag her... and kill her brothers while we're at it. That is, if you're done being stubborn."

When I offered to go with Lucifer, I admittedly had no plan on how to get back to my family, or how to get rid of him.

For the whole week I'd been with him, I finally came up with an idea.

Whether it would work or not, I had no clue. I just had my powers, and hope.

When I was first born, I opened up the rift to the Apocalypse world. I still don't fully know how I did it. But I know I have to do it again, and trap Lucifer in there.

"We're not killing Sam and Dean," I said.

Lucifer rolled his eyes. "Fine. You'll agree eventually..."

"I do want to see (Y/N), though."

"Hmph," he smirked. "Alright. But don't expect me not to kill the boys if they try anything."

--With you and your brothers (Your POV)--

Sam, Dean and I sat in the study. We were reading, searching on our laptops, trying to find something, anything to help.

"Man, there has to be some other way to do this. Castiel's angel buddies haven't seen anything, and we're getting nothing done over the internet," Dean said.

"Well..." I bit my lip nervously.

"What?" Sam looked up at me.

"You know how you can pray to angels, and they can hear you?" I fumbled with my hands.

Dean's face grew hard. "Don't tell me you've been praying to Lucifer."

"Nothing else has worked. What else was I supposed to do? I'm useless in every other way," I said defensively.

"Obviously that hasn't worked either," Dean countered.

I frowned.

"We don't know that," Sam chimed in. "Maybe he hasn't told Jack? It's not unlikely. Lucifer is a selfish bastard."

Just as I was about to say something, a drawling, sarcastic voice did first.

"That's not very nice, Sammy."

We looked up to see Lucifer and Jack standing behind us.

"Jack!" I stood up to run up to him, but Dean held me back.

--Jack's POV--

I wanted so badly to run up to (Y/N) and hug her, kiss her, but I had to let Sam and Dean confront Lucifer while I tried to conjure up the power to open the rift.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Dean glared at Lucifer.

I nodded a silent, discreet warning to Sam.

He seemed to understand. He took (Y/N)'s hand and pulled her close to him.

I closed my eyes, trying to drown out everything around me, focusing on my power.

"Well, personally, I'd love to be killing you right now, but Jacky boy wanted to see his girl," Lucifer said.

"How generous of you," Dean said bitterly.

"Why don't you do everyone a favor and just let him go?" Sam chimed in. "He's obviously not happy with you."

I was finally able to drown out the conversation...

--Your POV--

I stood, unable to move because of Sam. It was probably best, though. We didn't know what Lucifer was up to.

I stared at Jack while my brothers and Lucifer argued.

His eyes were shut tight, and he seemed to be focusing on something.

His body started to radiate a bright aura... then, suddenly, he shot his hand out, and blinding light flooded the room.

We turned to see a shining, gold, crooked line that had appeared out of thin air.

"What the hell?" I breathed.

Before Lucifer could react, Jack, Sam, and Dean grabbed ahold of him, and shoved him into the line.

He disappeared.

Was that the rift to the alternate universe they'd told me about?

Right after he was gone, Jack had shut his eyes again. He held his hand out in front of the line.

Whatever he was doing seemed to be painful for him. He was almost screaming in pain as he fell to his knees.

The line finally disappeared, and Jack fully collapsed.

"Jack!" I bent down and put his head in my lap.

Sam and Dean gathered around him as well.

The bright aura that had surrounded him had slowly dissipated.

We'd gotten Jack into bed and called Castiel to come home.

Castiel held his hand to Jack's forehead. He was still passed out.

"Is he okay?" I asked anxiously.

Castiel was silent for a few moments as he concentrated.

Sam put a comforting arm around my shoulders, squeezing reassuringly.

Castiel removed his hand and finally spoke. "Well, he's alright, but..."

"But?" Dean asked expectantly.

Castiel frowned. "He's... human."

"Seriously?" Sam raised his brows.

"Whether he did it on purpose or not, it seemed like whatever he did to close the rift, it made him human," Castiel explained.

"Is he going to wake up?" I asked.

Castiel nodded. "He should. It took a lot out of him."

"I'll stay with him until he does," I said, smiling.

Sam, Dean, and Castiel left me to be alone with Jack.

I sat down in a chair next to the bed, placing my hand over Jack's.

"Jack... You stupid, brave boy. You could've been killed..." I said quietly, squeezing his hand softly.

I had no idea how long it had been, but I woke leaned over, my head on Jack's chest.

He was stroking my hair.

I sat up. "Jack, you're awake!"

"Yeah," he smiled weakly. "Did it work? Is Lucifer gone?"

"Yes, he's gone," I took his hand again. "What were you thinking? You could have died..."

"I had to get rid of him. He would have tried to ruin the world again eventually, and he never would have let me be with my family again, be with you..." He gazed at me softly as he sat up.

I smiled, then remembered what Castiel had said.

"Jack, you need to know something..."

"What is it?"

"Whatever you did with the, er, rift, it made you... human."

He furrowed his brows briefly. "Really?"

"Yeah..." I bit my lip anxiously. "How do you feel?"

He grinned. "I feel great."

I raised a brow. "You took that better than I thought you would."

He reached up and brushed a strand of hair behind my ear. "Now I can be with you, (Y/N)."

"Wha-"

He cut me off by leaning in and kissing me deeply. I wrapped my arms around him, returning the kiss.

When we finally pulled away, I was out of breath.

"I love you, (Y/N)," Jack smiled lovingly at me.

"I love you too, Jack," I smiled back. "You know, I would have been with you regardless if you were human or not."

"But I would have stayed the same forever. I would have had to watch you die."

"That could happen anyway. Nothing is guaranteed, Jack. Life is random and tragic."

He took both my hands, still smiling. "Now we can deal with that together, as humans. We can get married, have children, grow old, have a home."

I giggled, shaking my head. "Jack... You are my home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3K 134 15
During a dangerous case with Sam and Dean something goes wrong and Castiel goes missing, this isn't like the other times Cas has disappeared, this is...
8K 452 21
Dean Winchester is finally free and can finally live his own life. Write his own story. And yet, he is nowhere near being happy. On the contrary, he...
3.3K 127 19
Cover art by me IG: @dancing.with.the.devil.2023 Teacher!Dean Student!Cas highschool au Dean Winchester always wanted to teach high school english. E...
52.8K 1K 23
"What the hell? What are you?" you demanded, gun drawn. "Jack. Who are you?" the young man asked, holding his hand out. "Sam! Dean!" You yelled for...