Save Me (DISCONTINUED)

By uswntforlife29

Cameron Davies is a UCLA student whose life revolves around soccer. Life has been rough on her ever since she... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
A/N
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
A/N

Chapter 3

3.6K 71 7
By uswntforlife29

Kelley's POV
I was waiting for Sonnett to come to my room since I was bored and I asked her if she wanted to hang out. I was getting kind of impatient when I heard laughter outside the hotel door. As I opened it I was met by a laughing Emily who was just about to knock on the door and another girl who was probably the rookie.

"Hi Kel" said Emily as she walked past me into the room pulling the rookie with her before jumping onto my bed.

"Hey" I said before closing the door and introducing myself to the new girl. "Hey, I'm Kelley but you can call Kel if you want to. I'm guessing you're the rookie"

"Yeah, I'm Cameron" she said as she held out her hand for me to shake it but I just laughed at that and hugged her. "Okay so is everyone just gonna hug me instead of shaking my hand?" she asked us chuckling.

"Yep, we don't like shaking hands" I told her truthfully before examining her. She was short, she had long jet black her and green eyes. She seemed really nice and I could already tell that everyone is gonna love her.

"Alright then, hugs are better than handshakes anyway" she said as she flopped down on my bed next to Sonnett who had turned on the tv by now and started watching some random show.

Cameron's POV
About two hours have passed and now we're currently playing Truth or Dare with Emily, Kelley, Rose, Sam, Lindsey and Morgan. The girls are all really welcoming and I appreciate it a lot. The Truth or Dare wasn't too interesting cause there were only 7 of us but it was fine.

"Cameron truth or dare?" Moe asked me snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Uhh..truth" I know that I'm a wuss for not saying dare but Kelley told Rose to shout Kelley O'Hara is my daddy from the balcony and I ain't in the mood for anything like that.

"Okay..uhh. Who do you find the most attractive in the room?" come on Moe, you couldn't have asked me something better?

"Either Kelley or Sonnett. I can't choose" I said while looking back and forth between Emily and Kelley.

The truth or dare went on for like another 30 minutes or so when we checked the time and realized that it's almost lunch so we all went back to our rooms.

As Emily and I were walking back to our room she was walking in front of me again when she suddenly turned around and started walking backwards.

"Wanna go out for lunch?" she asked me while winking at me jokingly.

"Yep" I said popping the p, then I walked up to Emily, turned her around, linked our arms together and started skipping down the hallway dragging her with me.

Emily's POV
We were walking to a café with Cameron for lunch when her phone started ringing. I couldn't see who it was but she looked kind of scared and concerned. She picked it up and started walking faster to get in front of me so she could get some privacy.

It's been about 15 minutes and she's still on her phone but we had already stopped in front of the café that we were going to. Also I figured out that she was talking to her girlfriend.

Another 5 minutes later she finally hung up and turned to me sighing.

"I'm guessing that was your girlfriend?" I asked her still not being sure about it.

"Yeah. She's still not happy about me coming to camp but she said that she'll come to our game against Ireland. I don't know if she actually will though" I could see that she was sad so I wanted to make her feel better somehow since she was family now that she joined the team.

"Come on. Let's eat something and then we can go back to the hotel and watch movies or something until dinner. I don't want you to mope around" she just nodded with a slight smile on her face.

We sat down at a table and ordered our food. We were both on our phones while we were wating for the food and I decided to take a picture of her to post on my instagram story. It turned out pretty good and I saw her smiling when she got the notification that I mentioned her in my story.

We made small talk while eating lunch and there was this one thing I wanted to ask but I wasn't sure that it's a good idea.

"So what's your girlfriend like?" I asked her but she looked surprised so I added an "If you don't mind me asking"

"It's fine. Well, her name's Diane, she's 21, she's tall, she has brown hair and brown eyes. She's always been really nice to me ever since we met but the last year or so has been different. I asked her out when I was a junior and she was a senior. We went on dates every Friday. It was usually me driving her somewhere far from our homes. She was everything I could ever ask for" I could tell that she loves her but she seemed very sad when she was talking about her. I guess it's understandable though.

"It seems like you two are a dream couple" I said chuckling in hopes of making her smile but that didn't happen.

"We were. I don't think we are anymore but I don't wanna break up with her. I don't wanna lose her." she said as she looked down at her hands. I feel bad for asking her to talk about her girlfriend now.

"Sorry for asking about her"

"No, don't be sorry. It's her fault that our relationship isn't the same anymore" she said smiling at me. "We should head back now" and with that she stood up.

When we went back to the hotel I asked her what movie she wanted to watch but she couldn't decide for like 20 minutes. Eventually she said that Saw is her favorite movie and that she hasn't seen in it a while so she wanted to watch it again and we did just that.

Cameron's POV
We were about halfway through the movie when I noticed that Sonnett had fallen asleep so I stopped the movie, put a blanket over her and decided to go for a walk leaving her a note that I went out just in case she wakes up before I get back.

As I was walking down the street looking for a park my phone rang. I looked at the caller ID and it read "Father". I looked at my phone for another thirty seconds before answering.

\\\ Cameron's dad/bold  
     Cameron/normal    ///

"Why didn't you tell me about you getting called up to the national team?"

"I-I didn't know if you wanted to know or not. You never cared about my success"

"You're right. I don't care, but now that you're gonna make money you can move out of my house!"

"You can't do that!"

"Yes I can! I never raised you to be a dyke so now that you make your own money you can go and live by yourself so I don't have to see your face anymore!"

I hung up after that. Me and my dad aren't on really good terms as you can tell. My parents got divorced when I was really young but I got stuck with my father since my mother decided to run away and never show up again. My dad obviously blamed me for it. He would beat me up till I couldn't breathe when he was drunk. And then when I came out to him he kicked me out of the house and I lived with my girlfriend for two months until he surprisingly took me back.

I kept walking until I got to a park where I sat down on a bench and just stared at the ground thinking about my dad and that I'm actually kinda glad that he's probably out of my life now. I didn't even notice that I was crying until I felt a tear drop into my lap.

I sat there for at least a good hour and a half without a care in the world but then I decided that it was time to go back to the hotel since it was 5pm and dinner is in an hour.

When I got to our hotel room I heard laughter from inside the room. When I opened the door I saw Lindsey, Rose, Sam and Emily on top of each other on the ground and not gonna lie the sight made me giggle.

"What the hell are you guys doing?" I asked walking into the room laughing.

"Help me Cameron!" Emily who was under the girls shouted in a very dramatic way.

I went over to them and pulled the girls off of Emily before offering her my hand and pulling her up.

"Thank you my hero" she said as she hugged me. Well I guess I get to meet the goofy Emily now.

"I really am your knight in shining armour aren't I? " I asked her flipping my hair which caused the others including Emily to laugh.

"Guys I think we should go down" Sam said as she looked at her watch that read 5:50pm.

We went down to the dining hall and got ourselves some food before sitting down. There were only a few people at the table except for us who were Ashlyn, Ali, Danielle and Heather and they all greeted me with hugs. I'm actually getting kinda used to hugging everyone cause I haven't had this much physical affection in a while and it feels nice.

I was talking to Emily who was sitting on my left when I noticed that someone has sat down on my other side. I turned around to look at the person sitting next to me and it was...

Word count: 1684 words

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Free Solo By Alex

Fanfiction

685K 17.3K 114
Audrey was around the US Women's national team for the first 18 years of her life, but something happened and she's been gone for almost 4 years. Wha...
34.5K 653 35
Andy was your average high school student. She played soccer, did well in school had crushes etc. She wasn't just like everyone one though. Her mothe...
Saved By Alex

Fanfiction

378K 13.1K 160
Kimora is 17 and her life has taken a turn for the worse ever since she lost her Parents. Her father's second wife has become abusive and hasn't let...
154K 4.3K 30
(BOOK ONE) Logan Scott is at the end of her college soccer career, next up is the professional stage and pledging allegiance to the Nation she feels...