Him. | A Joe Jonas Fanfiction

By joemylovee

Addison Morris has been trained for this life since she was 7 years old. There's only one problem. It's not... More

introduction
01
02
03
04
05
06
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
Details & Book 2! THANK YOU!

07

953 19 2
By joemylovee

Following Joe's footsteps, I'm led to a restaurant called Five Eleven Bar & Grill. Walking inside, Joe grabs us a table and we sit, of course facing each other.

"Come here weekly too?" I joke, cracking a small smile.

He chuckles. "No, not this place. This is just a here and there type of place when I wanna relax and have a beer."

I nod, looking at the menu that I was given.

"Hi, I'm Amanda, I'll be your server tonight. Can I get you started with something to drink?" a woman asks, walking over.

"I'll have a coors light," Joe grins.

"Sprite for me, please," I tell her, making her nod and walk away.

"How old are you?" he asks.

"Twenty one," I respond, grinning.

"You don't drink?" Joe asks.

I shake my head. "No, not really. I've never really had the opportunity."

"Really? How so?"

"I grew up super... sheltered. Strict rules and all. My parents never gave me the opportunity to drink even after I turned twenty one," I explain.

He nods. "Wow. You'll have to try something some time."

"Maybe," I shrug, grinning lightly.

Amanda brings our drinks before asking for our orders, not in the most polite way, I must say.

"I'll have the uh, 511 burger," I tell her.

"Same for me," Joe says, nodding.

She nods at the both of us, walking away.

"Well then," I say, laughing lightly.

He chuckles. "Yeah, I've had her before. She's not the best. Anyway, where are you from?"

"Um, Texas."

"Texas, wow. Big difference huh?"

I nod. "Yeah, quite a bit."

"My little brother, Nick, was born in Dallas, actually."

"Wow, so, you're pretty familiar with the area."

He nods his head from side to side. "Eh, familiar-ish I guess."

I nod, sipping on my soda, not knowing what to say.

"Can I ask you something kinda... personal?" he asks.

I raise my brows. "Depends on what it is."

He licks his lips. "Why are you living in a B&B?"

A small grin appears on my lips before disappearing. "It's the only place I could afford when I first got here a few weeks ago. It's the only place I can afford until I can find an apartment nearby, really."

He nods. "Wow. That really sucks. Is there-"

"I don't need help, if that's what you plan to offer," I tell him, a light grin creeping onto my lips once again.

He gives me a tight lipped grin. "You know it's not a bad thing to ask for help."

"It is when you don't know someone and you allow them to help you anyway."

"Is that what you think?" he asks, seeming genuinely curious.

I nod. "It is."

"Well then maybe I should tell you more about me so that you do know me."

"It doesn't work like that," I tell him, shaking my head.

"Oh really? Then how does it work?"

"We just met. Even if you were to tell me everything about you, I don't know you. I know things about you. See the difference?"

He nods, understanding. "Okay, yeah I get that."

I nod, taking another sip of my drink.

"Alright, so, let's ask each other questions," he smirks.

"Alright, you first."

He nods. "Okay, um what's your biggest fear?"

"That's the first question?" I ask.

He chuckles. "Yeah, I guess."

I sigh. "Okay, I guess my biggest fear is... failure."

He looks up, surprised. "Really?"

I nod. "Yeah, really. Is that a normal fear?"

"No, it is. I just wasn't expecting that."

I laugh lightly. "My turn. Um, what makes you most angry?"

"When people make excuses about things that are completely in their own control," he answers immediately.

I blink a few times, nodding. "Okay, that was... immediate."

He chuckles. "What's your proudest accomplishment?"

I lick my lips. Getting away from my family and not getting caught. "Probably moving out here, facing my fears."

He grins, nodding. "That's a good one."

"Thank you," I tell him.

Moving my cup closer to me to take another swig, my eye catches a man standing in the corner, staring at the two of us intently, continuing to do so even after I had looked back at him.

"If you were stranded on a deserted island, who would you want to have with you?" Joe asks.

I lick my lips, dragging my attention back to Joe. "I'd have to say, probably, my little sister. She's annoying as hell but she's smart and she made me happy."

"Made?" he asks.

I gulp. "Yeah, we can't really talk anymore."

"Why not?"

"Just... reasons," I tell him, making it clear I don't wish to speak about it further.

He nods. "Okay, yeah, I get it. Too personal."

"My turn right?" I ask.

Joe nods. "Yeah, yeah it's your turn."

"Favorite animal?" I ask.

"Koloa," he answers.

"Why?" I question, tilting my head.

"They're cuddly and they're fierce," he shrugs.

I nod, noticing Amanda coming over to set down our food before Joe can ask me another question.

"Can I get you guys anything else?" Amanda asks, looking between us.

"A water, please," I tell her, noticing my sprite was getting low.

She nods.

"Another beer," Joe grins.

She nods again, walking away before quickly returning with the two drinks.

The two of us eat, laying off the heavier questions and sticking with just a few.

His favorite holiday, which happens to be Christmas. The last book I read, and whether we're both messy or clean in our own opinions. Both of us think we're clean, although that's to be expected I suppose.

After eating, the bill is set on the table and I grab my wallet, only to have him push my hands back down gently.

"I don't think so. I got it," he tells me.

"What- why? I can buy my own food."

"It's not that you can't, it's the fact that I asked if I could take you to get food. Not if you wanted to buy your own and sit with me while you eat it," he chuckles, giving the bill to Amanda along with his card.

I gulp, nodding. "Well, thank you. I appreciate it."

He grins, nodding. "Of course."

Once his card is brought back, Joe walks me back to the B&B although before we walk inside I turn to him.

"You asked me something personal, can I ask you something personal now?"

He nods. "Sure, go for it."

I gulp. "Why do you always come to the diner alone?"

He grins lightly. "I come alone because the diner is a place for me to be alone without being at home. No one close to me really knows about it. It's my place to go to where I need to think or I'm going through some personal stuff or I just really need to get out of town. I make it a priority to come once a week for myself."

I nod. "What about your brothers? How are things with them?"

"Oh, so you do know who I am," he states, smirking.

"I didn't," I admit. "Caroline told me after you left the first day I was your waitress."Before that I had no idea you or The Jonas Brothers ever existed. No offense." 

He nods. "Well, you did say you lived a very sheltered life. Plus, not everyone knew us, that's okay."

I nod. "Well, I need to get to bed so I can get up early for my shift. But thank you, again, for dinner."

He nods. "Absolutely."

"Have a good night Joe," I tell him, starting to reach for the door handle.

"Hey, Addison!"  He stops me, reaching out gently for my arm.

I raise my eyebrows, turning back to him.

"If you need somewhere to stay..." he starts, drifting off.

I grin lightly. "Thank you, Joe. But, um, we just met and..."

"No, yeah, I get it. I just wanted to offer. I know that it's hard when you don't really have, like, a home. So I just wanted to give you the option but I get it," he nods, scratching the back of his head nervously.

"I do really appreciate it."

He nods. "I know."

"Goodnight," I tell him.

"Goodnight," he responds, waiting for me to get inside to walk away, back in the direction of the diner where I suppose he probably parked.

Showering and getting ready for me, I find myself thinking of Joe and his offer.

It was sweet. He was sweet. But there was no way I'd let myself get close. I can't. You can't get close to people. You end up getting hurt.

"Addison, what the hell did I tell you?"

"Daddy, I'm sorry. I wanted to make friends."

"Honey," he sighed, getting down on his knee to my level. "You can never trust people. You always get hurt. Stay to yourself. Stay with your family. And you'll be safe.

Stay Safe.

***

thank you for reading today's chapter<3

i hope you have a great few days!

much love,

shan:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30.2K 426 66
Braddison
14.8K 416 30
ashley katherine eliene has spent the past 6 years of her life in an orphanage. what happens when she gets adopted by a member of her favorite band? ...
122K 2.3K 49
I grew up with Joe, Nick and Kevin. I've always been in love with Joe, but he has never seen me as more than a friend. I know my chances with him are...
15.5K 389 73
Marry Me. Joe & Addison have had a rollercoaster of a relationship. Will they make it through the next chapter? Or fall with the pressure?