When Sophomores Collide (Boyx...

By euwangabrielll

"Theo. If I'm not mistaken? Isn't this yours?" He extended a hand, holding my penguin printed handkerchief. M... More

Characters
Prologue
Chapter 1: First Day Jitters
Chapter 2: Embarrassment
Chapter 3: Music
Chapter 4: Acquaintances
Chapter 5: Dreaming of You
Chapter 6: Invitation
Chapter 8: Lightheaded Boy
Chapter 9: Camping in the Wild
Chapter 10: Gummies
Chapter 11: Troublemaker
Chapter 12: The Offer
Chapter 13: Snapped
Chapter 14: The Committee
Chapter 15: The Preparation
Chapter 16: Birthday Boy
Chapter 17: A Morning at the Fierro's
Chapter 18: Results
Chapter 19: Homecoming Escapade
Chapter 20: Homecoming Royalty
Chapter 21: Luxurious Party
Chapter 22: Shopping Spree
Chapter 23: Revelation
Chapter 24: Confrontation
Chapter 25: Forgive and Forget?
Chapter 26: The Beginning
Chapter 27: Rubies and Hand Fans
Chapter 28: The Truth
Chapter 29: Sabotage
Chapter 30: Family Feud
Chapter 31: Name, Cleared
Chapter 32: Happy Valentine's
Chapter 33: Frozen
Chapter 34: Friendship Over?
Chapter 35: The Presentation
Chapter 36: Eliminated
Chapter 37: The Council
Chapter 38: Disastrous Outrage
Chapter 39: Happy Birthday?
Chapter 40: Camping Mischief
Chapter 41: The Betrayal
Chapter 42: The Calm Before the Storm
Chapter 43: Three Words for You
Chapter 44: To Catch a Traitor
Chapter 45: The Traitorous Princess
Chapter 46: The Beginning of the End
Chapter 47: The Rage of the Storm
Chapter 48: Playing with Fire
Chapter 49: The Villainous Queen
Chapter 50: Happily Ever After
Epilogue
this book sucks lol

Chapter 7: Bestfriend

5.9K 274 51
By euwangabrielll

Chapter 7: Bestfriend

Theo

Cielo and I walked together towards the kitchen, our arms linked. I was looking for the good stuff when the real good stuff appeared before me.

"Hey Theo! Glad you could come!" Hunter said with a smile. 

He honestly looks hotter than hot cheetos. He was wearing a black leather jacket, and a white shirt that hugged his muscular body. 

"You look great!" He complimented and I didn't even bother to say thanks because of the blaring music. He looks at Cielo and extended a hand towards him. "Hunter. And you are..?"

"Cielo! Nice to meet you." Cielo introduced as he took his hands.

"Aren't you the guy I saw when... Reign accidentally poured coffee on Theo?" Hunter asked. 

Cielo nodded with recognition. Then he turned away from Hunter to me. 

He whispered to my ear. "Can we go somewhere else quieter?" 

I looked at him and nodded. "Talk to you later, Hunter." I excused as Cielo dragged me away, up the stairs and into a less crowded hallway. 

"We need to do our plan now. I don't think Reign cares if I'm with you. So you better find someone else. Quick." He said to me. 

I nodded again. I broke away from him as I began finding someone else to cling to.

After a few minutes of trying to find someone I know. I gave up and got myself a cup of iced tea. Reign had her house catered with different kinds of foods. When suddenly. Someone sat beside me. The heat of their body tells me they're very close. 

I turned around to see Luke. I smiled at him. "Hey Luke!" I greeted to which he returned. "What's up?" I asked him as I bit into a cupcake.

"Not much. How are you holding up?" He asked.

I finished chewing and drank my iced-tea. "Great! It's fun so far." I said. 

I still don't know what's about to down later, so I'm keeping guard. 

"Well, since I found you here, some of us are setting up a game at the living room later. I'll save you a seat." He said as he stood up and finished his drink. 

I thanked him as he took his leave. I stood up also and decided to join the little dart game some of them were playing, partly because Hunter was there.

He waved me over and I walked up to him. He slung an arm over my shoulder and pulled me closer to him as he cheered to someone who had done a perfect shot. We watched everyone take turn.

Eventually, it was Hunter's turn. He closed one of his eyes and focused real hard before shooting and getting the perfect shot. 

The crowd gasped. "Woah, good one!" I said as the crowd and I clapped.

"Well, it's your turn Willshire!" Someone screamed and I took the dart and started to aim. 

Before I could shoot it, Hunter lightly grasped my hand.

"Your grip should be firm but relaxed. Don't fist your hand." He said. "Raise the dart to eye level." He added, fixing my arm. His breath lightly fanning my neck. "Then shoot directly, no other directions." 

And I did just that focusing my attention directly on the target. And when he signaled 'shoot', I did. The dart sailed through the air... And it sticks to the little red point in the very middle of the board. I cheered and so did everyone to my success. 

"I actually did it!" And without even thinking. I threw my arms around Hunter's neck, jumping up and down. "Thank you!" I shouted as he wrapped his arms around me and chuckled. I untangled myself from him and continued to watch people shoot darts.

After a few minutes of people throwing darts. Reign decided to join us and greeted Hunter with a kiss on the cheek. I stepped away from them and joined Luke with their game of Truth or Dare.

...

After, I mingled some more. Found some old classmates and chatted. I was eating some kind of cheesecake when suddenly, a hand gripped my arm and pulled me away from the snack table. I looked at the owner to find Cielo. 

"Hey!" My greeting was muffled by the cheesecake in my mouth.

"I saw Reign setting up something on the side of the house. It had a cover so I couldn't see." He half whispered, half screamed at me. I furrowed my brows, thinking of the endless things it could be.

I decided to explore the house to find out what she's planning. I ended up at the second floor, I was about to open a door at the end of a hall when it opened and Reign stepped out.

She looked at me, concern etched on her face. "Theo? What..." She stopped herself, looking a little baffled before wearing a scowl. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"I... I was looking for the bathroom." I lied. 

She looked at me, squinting like she was reading my mind. "Don't enter any room here without permission." She breathed out before walking past me. 

I looked over my shoulder to look at her walking figure. I looked at the door again... Then left. The moment I stepped foot from the stairs to the floor. Masha met me, her smile beaming.

"Come, Theo!" She said before pulling me with her. My protests were drowned out by the music when we passed the speakers.

She pulled me into the gaming room, where everyone was gathered, a machine I haven't seen in this house sits. I very much know what it is because I use it a lot. It was a karaoke machine. We sat at a couch as the party continued around us. I was about to ask Masha what was the matter when Reign appeared in the middle of the room. Masha beside me squealed which made me groan. 

Reign's voice cut through the booming music as it slowly died down. "Okay everyone! It's time for the main event." 

The people clapped and cheered as Masha, Cielo and I stayed seated. 

"We have a performer tonight and I think he's very excited to show his talent." She added as her eyes searched through the crowd.

"Is she making me sing?" I whispered to Cielo and Masha. Cielo shrugged while Masha, on the other hand, was nodding enthusiastically with a big smile. I rolled my eyes jokingly and returned my focus to Reign.

"Please give it up for... Theo Willshire!" She announced as people screamed loudly. I stood up, partly because people pushed me. I begrudgingly stood to the center as people raged around me. 

"Um, I didn't know I had to perform tonight but, yeah! I hope you guys enjoy what... I'm about to sing. I don't even know it either." Laughter resonated at that.

I had three songs to choose from. 'Titanium', 'A Thousand Years' and 'Dreaming of you'. At least they were good ones and not trashy new songs I didn't even know. I chose 'Dreaming of You' because one: I don't know and two: I stan queen Selena.

I cleared my throat before singing out the first verse. It seemed like I was alone in the room because it was really quiet as I stared at the screen that displayed the lyrics. As I got to the chorus. I searched the crowd and settled my eyes on Hunter, he had a small smile. I sang my heart out, my inspiration is right there, watching me. I closed my eyes as the crowd swayed their bodies, kind of with a waving motion as I sang the second verse. I'm skilled with doing runs and riffs with my voice and so I did them, to impress. 

"And I still can't believe, that you came up to me and said 'I love you', 'I love you too'.

While singing that line, I realize what it really meant. It hit me, HARD. Could he really say it too? 

...W-wait, but I don't love him. Right? 

I finished the song with a few riffs. The crowd erupted with cheers and whoops. I smiled awkwardly as I set down the mic and stepped away from the middle of the room. 

I furrowed my brows at Reign. "What was that?" I asked her to which she just shrugged. 

"I guess that was the impression I was saying." And with that, she left me frowning in confusion. 

As people smiled and praised me. I just thanked them while I walked away. I lost sight of Cielo, instead of finding him, I settled on a lounge chair outside. I grabbed another iced-tea and sipped on it, while people mingled and some swam.

My face soured whenever a couple made out and shit. Like, if you're gonna put on a show, at least make it good. I could feel they weren't good kissers. I could just know.

Masha approached me with a smile and settled on the other lounge chair. She greeted me with a smile which I returned.

"Theo, I'm sorry If I had to tell Reign your exceptional talent. You just had to sing in this party." She explained and I nodded with a faint smile.

"It's fine, I appreciate it anyways. I had to have some balls." I said as I sipped my drink. She broke eye contact and faced the people dancing. 

"Well that's the only reason I looked for you. I guess, I'll see you later?" She asked to which I nodded, she left me to myself, my mind racing.  

I spent my time mostly watching people party and on my phone. I wasn't in the mood to mingle, especially when I see Reign and Hunter dancing very intimately together. Suddenly, I became dizzy, I massaged my temples until darkness enveloped me.

...

I felt the floor rumbling as I slowly opened my eyes. I sat up slowly to find myself in a car. I was in the passenger seat and I looked over to the driver to see my best friend. "What happened?" I asked Cielo as I rubbed my eyes.

"Well, you just slept in the middle of the party. Hunter saw you and informed me." He said as he continued driving down the road. I furrowed my brows, trying to think of an explanation of why the hell I slept in the middle of a freaking party. 

"What time did we go?" I asked him and he looked at me.

"Around 10:50." He replied and I checked the time on the dashboard that read 11:13 PM. My eyes widened in realization.

"How did you get me in the car?" I asked him to which his ears turned a little pink.

"Well. The only way was to carry you." He said which made me blush furiously, I had to look away. He opened his mouth to say something but ended up closing it.

I raised a brow at him. "You're not telling me everything." I said to him and he broke eye contact and focused on the road. 

I puffed my cheeks. He poked it with his index finger, it was something that we just did together. I don't know why, it's weird or what. 

He sighed. "Okay fine." I smiled and completely faced him. "Well..." He blushed a little before continuing.

Cielo

"Hey, you're with Theo right?" Hunter asked me, with a drink in his hands. I nodded. "He's asleep on a couch. He won't wake." He said. 

I followed him to see Theo sprawled out on a couch, Hunter extended a hand to him. I nodded again and thanked him. 

"Do you need help with him?" He asked me which made me smile.

"No, thank you. I can take care of my... best friend." He nodded but stayed as I took Theo's phone and pocketed it. 

I decided to carry him instead of waking him up, and also, since Hunter said he won't wake up. Maybe he just had too much drink. But he doesn't drink? Maybe grapes? Yeah, grapes.

I carried him bridal style. I bid some friends and even Hunter goodbye before going outside. Theo was mumbling some things so I decided to put him down, he could stand but still wobbly so I steadied him by putting his arm around my shoulder. 

He started giggling. "Cielo!" He said as he wrapped his other arm around me. "Hi bestieeee!!" He greeted with a smile, and I smiled awkwardly, shifting my eyes around. He suddenly pouted and leaned closer. "Oh my god, I just thought of a really good question!"

I sighed, his weight still on my shoulder. "What is it?" I asked.

He laughed and suddenly stopped. "Did you ever considered dating... a boy?" He asked and chuckled before staring into my eyes. My eyes widened at his bluntness. 

"N-no?" I knew I was blushing. 

He smiled again at me and leaned his face too close. "Well you should." He giggled. 

And then, he kissed me. He grabbed the back of my neck and pulled me closer. My eyes got even wider. 

I pulled away very swiftly and he laughed then crashed his head against my shoulder, his breath fanning my neck lightly. I caught my breath and steadied him again. 

What the hell just happened.

Theo

I blushed very furiously and my eyes widened at his story. "What the hell? When do I ever do that?!" I exclaimed which made him shrugged. 

"I think, something was in your drink." He said and I furrowed my brows in confusion.

"Like what?" 

"I don't know, hopefully nothing major, maybe some crazy alcohol." He said as he focused on the road. 

I frowned apologetically with a sigh. "I-I'm sorry."

He looked at me, his gaze softening. "For what?" 

I looked down at my lap. "For kissing you. I know you're not interested in men, so that was disrespectful." I said.

He shifted on his seat. "...How do you know I'm not interested in men?" He asked and I looked at him funnily.

"Because I know!" I exclaimed. 

He just chuckled and continued down the road, the rest of the ride was silent except for Cielo fumbling with the wheel and the gear. 

We reached my house but before I could get out. He stopped me. "Theo, you have nothing to say sorry for, okay? It wasn't your fault." 

"Is it really not?" I asked.

He nodded. "Yes. Now go get rest, okay? I'll see you on Monday." He said and I smiled at him to which he returned.

"Thank you, you too." I said before getting out and waving goodbye at him.

What a night.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.3M 41.4K 61
Football players are assholes. I know; I'm related to their king. My older, and annoyingly overprotective, brother Jake is the star quarterback at Sa...
30.1K 987 40
[COMPLETED] Meet Jacob and Theodore, the polar opposites within a tight-knit circle of the most esteemed members of society. Jacob's the laid-back an...
101K 5.1K 29
Jamie is excited to finally be on campus. It's time to find his kind of people - gay, that is. Instead, he finds a blindingly handsome straight guy w...
250K 12.2K 35
(bxb) After a year of surviving an all boys boarding school, William Brown thought he had finally navigated the ups and downs that the rich, private...