Symphonia (Your Lie in April...

By rdcastillo24

(Set at the last part of the anime.) Arima Kousei collapsed after his performance in East Japan Piano Competi... More

Chapter One: A Start of A Journey
Chapter Three: Tick-Tock
Chapter Four: Our Return Together
Chapter Five: One Wish...
Chapter Six: Kousei's Tears
Chapter Seven: Life Has Its Mysteries
Chapter Eight: Kousei's Agony
Chapter Nine: A Brand New Day
Chapter Ten: New Life
Chapter Eleven: Music of the Night
Chapter Twelve: Head Above Water
Chapter Thirteen: Hold Me
Chapter Fourteen: Tears
Chapter Fifteen: Aligning Hearts
Chapter Sixteen: Burning Fire
Chapter Seventeen: Sparkle
Chapter Eighteen: First Day of School
Chapter Nineteen: Welcome Ceremony
Chapter Twenty: Arima Takahiko's Secret
Chapter Twenty- One: Lotus Flower
Chapter Twenty- Two: Before the Storm
Chapter Twenty- Three: Set The Truth Free
Chapter Twenty Four: Half-Brother
Chapter Twenty- Five: Life Begins With Love
Chapter Twenty- Six: Lies and Truth
Chapter Twenty- Seven: Flat Line
Chapter Twenty Eight: Rescue Me
Chapter Twenty Nine: Only Human
Chapter Thirty: In the Arms of An Angel
Chapter Thirty- One: Let Me Fall
Chapter Thirty: Two: My Existence...
Flashback: Before We Met
Our First Meeting
Symphonia: Second Chance
Thank You!!!
Art

Chapter Two: Symphony of My Heart

729 16 2
By rdcastillo24

A/n: I chose to divide the chapters. I hope you don't forget to vote and comment! Thank you!

Third Person POV:

Everyone was clapping at Arima Kousei's performance since it was truly majestic and powerful that only very few were aware of what's actually happening to him on stage. Almost no one was aware of the pain he's enduring after he had cried so much while he was playing his piano. He's writhing in pain and agony. He's dizzy, his vision's leaving him and everything before him was slowly fading away. 

Seto Hiroko rushed to get to him when she saw his clenched fists on his chest. She knew immediately that he's in pain that time.

Arima Kousei tried to get himself stand upright but he wasn't able to fight the stabbing and burning sensation on his chest. He fainted right away and fell on Seto Hiroko's arms. 

"Where are the medics?" Seto Hiroko cried out. "Where are they?"

Her tears shocked the audience. 

It was only that time that they realized that what was happening wasn't an act at all.

Kousei's chest was aching so much, and he's catching up his breath. 

Seto Hiroko was able to become aware by how thin and weightless he was, too as if he had malnutrition. "Kousei, stay with me."

...

A few minutes later, Kousei woke up outside the building of where the competition's being held. He's on a stretcher with a breathing mask on and an IV Drip had been started to give to him. It was luck that a female doctor volunteered to check him.

After she learned what's wrong with him, he quickly gave Kousei some kind of medicine that calmed the pain on his chest. She also shouted to them that he needed to be transported in a nearby hospital immediately since he was in a very dangerous situation. The female doctor who volunteered herself shouted to the staff to move quick or he could die in any minute already even she had already given him medicines.

Everyone of his fans, including his friends and rivals quickly went out of the auditorium to know what had happened to him after the rescuers took him inside the ambulance.

Seto Hiroko was holding her daughter tightly while she was trying to contact his father, Takahiko. 

After a few minutes, an ambulance arrived to take Kousei to the hospital. The rescuers quickly took him inside after carrying him on a stretcher.

Due to the pain the young prodigy was currently enduring, he fell asleep again inside the ambulance. A female nurse of the rescue team inside the ambulance quickly checked his pulse and was surprised at what she felt. She screamed at the male doctor who was inside, "His pulse is very faint! We have to be quick!"

Seto Hiroko asked while her hands are trembling and shaking. "Can I come with you?"

The four medics looked at her.

"What's your relationship with the patient?" asked one of the paramedics.

"Kousei is my friend's son and I'm his piano mentor. Let me come with you," cried Seto Hiroko.

The doctor went out to talk to her, "We'll allow you to get in with your daughter. Just don't get in the way while we deliver him at the hospital, alright?" 

Both quickly went inside, leaving everyone in shock as it made everyone know that Kousei's truly in danger. The ambulance hurried to the hospital quickly to save his life. 

Takeshi Aiza and Emi Igawa quickly went back inside the building to look for their mentors. When they finally met them, they both asked for permission to go and visit Arima Kousei to wherever hospital he will be in while Watari Ryota and Tsubaki Sawabe quickly knew where he might be transported and so, they quickly went to Totsuhara Hospital. 

...

The ambulance quickly arrived at Totsuhara Hospital after an hour of travel in the streets. They needed to keep Kousei's heart beating while he's inside the vehicle to keep him alive.

It was an intense travel to go in the hospital since his pulse was too faint. His rescuers quickly shouted to the hospital staff who faced them that he's an important patient.

A few minutes later, they delivered him in the Emergency Room after they had gently placed him at the hospital's gurney.

They know that Kousei must be treated immediately because his condition was definitely alarming.  

The rescuers who came first quickly explained the symptoms that they observed from the attending doctor. The attending doctor entered the ER immediately and walked at the cubicle where his patient was placed.

Seto Hiroko and her daughter stayed worried while waiting for what could have happened to him. She clenched her fists and hugged her daughter tightly while her tears were flowing down her eyes. Her daughter just kept on gazing at her mother with worry innocently. 

...

Takeshi Aiza and Emi Igawa quickly got in the hospital and asked the hospital receptionist in front where Kousei could be. The brown-haired female receptionist looked at the main entries at her record bookm

"He's still currently in the Emergency Room," she told him. "If you want to know where it is, it's at the right side of the pediatric clinic."

They arrived in front of the ER and saw Kousei's mentor, standing in front of it while holding her daughter. They quickly stood beside her and told her that they would wait for Kousei to get out of the Emergency Room while Watari and Tsubaki arrived near them at the same time.

She smiled at Kousei's rivals and thanked them. "Kousei will be delighted to know."

The red light of the Emergency Room turned off and a male doctor wearing a green, emergency room uniform with a silver stethoscope hanging around his neck faced them.

Seto Hiroko saw Arima Kousei's father, Arima Takahiko who rushed in the hospital to know his son's condition and why his son was admitted in the hospital. She waved at him and the doctor stood still while the six of them circle around him.

All six of them gazed worriedly at Kousei. He's unconscious on the stretcher while he's being transported out of the emergency room with a breathing mask on his pale mouth and nose. He also had an IV Bag attached at his right hand..

Watari Ryota and Tsubaki Sawabe held each other's hands as they both know that they also have another friend who's currently in a life and death situation.

Arima Takahiko quickly introduced himself to the doctor while he's panting, "Doctor, I'm Kousei's father. What's wrong with my son?"

The 60 year-old, male doctor sighed and scratched his head. "Can only the immediate family hear what I will say since this is a private matter?"

Seto Hiroko defended herself. "I'm family, too. I am a very close friend of the Arimas!"

The doctor sighed and nodded. "Anyone who isn't that much immediate to the patient? If you are just his friends, you could ask them about it later."

All of Kousei's friends and piano rivals backed away while the doctor lead Arima Takahiko and Seto Hiroko in his office.

...

"Mr. Arima Takahiko, you're the father of Arima Kousei, am I right? I'm Dr. Shiba Souen. I'm a cardiologist. When I heard that the patient being transported here from the East Japan Piano Competition is Arima Kousei, I was really surprised since it hasn't even been three years that I had the same patient whose surname is Arima until I understood after I saw you," he told him. "Don't you remember me, Mr. Arima Takahiko? I'm Arima Saki's doctor from two years back."

Both of them were taken aback from the news. 

"What's.... what's wrong with my son?" Takahiko stammered. "T- tell me. Why did he faint suddenly?"

"Your son inherited his mother's sickness. I have always been with his mother her entire life until she met you," Doctor Shiba told them.

Seto Hiroko began shaking in fear, "Does that mean----? No--- It can't be!"

Doctor Shiba looked at her, too and sighed, "Ah, you're Saki's best friend, aren't you?"

Seto stared at him and remembered a young doctor that Saki always meet at the hospital when they were still in Music College University. "I remember now.... but doctor! Kousei is... Kousei's very young!"

Takahiko stared at her until he understood what the doctor silently wants to tell them. "Doctor, are you telling me that my son has a congenital heart disease?" 

Tears were slowly engulfing the two of them. It pained them to know Kousei's deadly situation.

Doctor Shiba looked down and told them, "Yes. Your son, Arima Kousei, inherited Saki's sickness. He has a congenital heart disease. It is a birth defect that could have been corrected in his early childhood. I will be monitoring him more if ever the patient had an operation at that time. You mustn't worry as it isn't fatal yet. The patient, Arima Kousei, can't afford to be stressed out so much."

Arima Takahiko and Seto Hiroko went out of the room and stared at the four young children waiting for the results.

Takahiko let Seto Hiroko to talk to them after he visited Kousei inside his room where he was admitted. He left afterwards to go back home and ask for an emergency leave for a while so he could take care of his sick son. He left Seto Hiroko to take care of his son for a while.

Upon knowing what Arima Kousei's condition was after she told his friends about the reason why Kousei lost consciousness in the piano competition, all four of them cried bitterly. Tsubaki and Watari hugged each other while Emi and Takeshi held each other's hands together whlle they cry together at the same time.

A/N: Thank you for all those who'll try reading this and I hope you do! I hope you liked it!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.8K 594 33
Kousei Arima's world has come to a fiery end. As if losing the beautiful, free-spirited Kaori Miyazono two months ago wasn't enough, a hellfire of nu...
172K 6.2K 32
"π—³π—Ήπ—Όπ˜„π—²π—Ώπ˜€ 𝗹𝗼𝗼𝗸 𝗴𝗼𝗼𝗱 𝗼𝗻 π˜†π—Όπ˜‚." he said looking at her necklace. β˜† Kaya has hear...
19.7K 1.4K 62
Lies, Deception, Sorrow... How long will sorrow haunt my life? I want to escape the darkness I am in... Save me from all the lies! Stop all the dece...
10.1K 606 17
Five years had already passed since Kaori died. Arima Kousei is now a successful pianist who studies music and plays piano in the United States along...