The Black Gem

By RSPBLiterature

Deep in an abandoned Diamond facility lies a dormant Gem. However this Gem is waking up and it is no ordinary... More

1. The Black Gem
2. Welcome to Beach City
3. Catch and Release
4. When It Rains
Thank you!
5. Back To The Barn
Wtf guys...
6. Too Far
7. The Answer
8. It Could Of Been Great
9. Message Received
10. Log Date 7 15 2
11. Super Watermelon Island
12. Gem Drill
13. Same Old World
14. Barn Mates
15. Hit The Diamond
16. A Fresh Start
Behind the scenes.
17. Too Short To Ride
18. Monster Reunion
19. Alone At Sea
20. Gem Hunt
21. Seeking The Truth
22. Bismuth
23. Beta
24. Earthlings
25. Back To The Moon
26. Bubbled
27. Kindergarten Kid
28. Last One out of Beach City
29. Gem Harvest
30. Steven's Dream
31. Adventures In Light Distortion
32. Gem Heist/ The Zoo
33. That Will Be All
34. The New Crystal Gems
35. Storm In The Room
36. Room For Ruby
37. Are You My Dad?
38. I Am My Mom
39. Stuck Together / The Trial
40. Off Colours/ Lars's Head
41. Gemcation
42. Raising The Barn
43. Back To The Kindergarten
44. Your Mother and Mine
45. Can't Go Back
46. A Single Pale Rose
47. Now We're Only Falling Apart
48. What's Your Problem
49. The Question
50. Made Of Honor
51.Reunited
52. Legs from here to Homeworld
53. Familiar
54. Together Alone
55. Escapism.
56. Change Your Mind
57. The Movie
58. Little Homeschool
59. It Was All Yellow
60. Rose Buds
61. Volleyball
62. Bluebird
63. Snow Day
64. Why So Blue?
65. Prickly Pair
66. In Dreams
67. Growing Pains
68. Fragments.
69. Homeworld Bound
70. Everything is Fine
71. I am my Monster
Being Human
Fanart
Fanart part 2
Question
Discord server!!

72. The Future

17.5K 554 364
By RSPBLiterature

And so here we are the final chapter. It's been an incredible journey. But one were leaving on a high. Almost 600,000 reads and 22,500 votes. You guys have been absolutely amazing since the very first chapter. If you have enjoyed this story then don't forget to check out my other works. If you haven't seen already (where have you been?) I'm currently writing a Mystery Incorporated story that you should totally check out. (I'm a sellout...) 

https://www.wattpad.com/965654804-the-mystery-within-1-welcome-to-crystal-cove

And with that, Let us begin with this final chapter towards..

The future. 

Steven sets down a stereo on the beach. He then presses play on the stereo and backs up. A Korean workout track then begins to play. During this, Steven performs a exercise routine.

"Let's exercise! Cha! One... two!... Two... two!... Three... two!... Four... two!..." The Stereo says in Korean.

Suddenly Lion's roar can be heard and a portal opens just to the left of the stereo. Lion lands on top of it with Connie on his back.

"Good morning, Steven. One last routine before hitting the road?" Connie asks.

"Yeah... I'll be sitting for a while." Steven says.

Steven and Connie sit on top of Steven's bed with Lion on the ground next to them. Connie types on a computer on her lap, while Steven studies a map laid out in front of him.

"I'll be in Charm City in time for Shep and Sadie's concert, I'll meet up with you and Lion on Providence Island when you're touring schools, and then I'll catch up with Lars for our weekly space hangout." Steven says.

"I'll add that to your Boogle Maps doc. So... how did everyone take the news?" Connie asks him.

"I basically told everyone in Beach City – plus my dad – but, I haven't told the Gems yet."  Steven says sheepishly. 

"You gotta tell them!" Connie says.

"I-I know, I just have no idea how they're going to take it. They've been so protective of me these last few months since my meltdown. I wonder if there's a way I can let them down easy." Steven wonders.

Steven now wearing his pink jacket stands at the foot of the kitchen table, facing the Warp Pad, where Y/n, Garnet, Amethyst, and Pearl return from.

"Oh, Steven! Were you waiting for us?" Pearl asks.

Steven opens a cooler full of homemade Cookie Cats.

"I sure was." Steven says.

"Whoa, Cookie Cat!" Amethyst says surprised.

"I thought they stopped making them." Pearl says.

"They did, so I made my own." Steven looks at the Cookie Cat's slightly deformed face. "You can kinda tell."

Garnet takes a bite of her Cookie Cat, while Amethyst has already finished hers. "They're delicious." Garnet says.

"Mmm-mmm!" Amethyst hums in agreement. 

Y/n takes one of the cookie cats and looks it over before taking a bite and lets out a satisfied sound. "These are very good Steven." Y/n says before taking another bite.

Pearl takes a hesitant nibble out of her Cookie Cat's ear. "Scrumptious!"

"Remember when you used to sing that song for us?" Amethyst asks Steven.

"Song?" Y/n asks.

"If I may..." Pearl clears her throat. ♫ Oohhhhh! He's a frozen treat with an all new taste! ♫  Pearl begins rapping.

 ♫ Cause he came to this planet from outer space! ♫ Amethyst joins in with the rapping.

♫ A refugee of an interstellar war! ♫ Garnet starts rapping as well. While Y/n watches on in amusement.

♫ But now he's at your local grocery store! ♫ Pearl raps

♫ Cookie Cat! ♫ Amethyst raps.

♫ He's a pet for your tummy! ♫ Pearl raps.

♫ Cookie Cat! ♫ Amethyst raps.

♫ He's super-duper yummy! ♫ Pearl raps.

♫ Cookie Cat! ♫ Amethyst raps.

"He left his family behind." Garnet says abruptly. 

"That's right, he did leave his family behind." Steven says looking at the Gems. 

"That's not how it goes!" Amethyst says.

"I think maybe Cookie Cat had run out of ways to grow on his home planet. And even though it must've been hard, and he loved his family so, so much, maybe he had to leave to keep moving forward." Steven tries to explain to the Gems.

"We're still talking about ice cream, right?" Amethyst asks confused.  

"Everyone... I've decided to move out! Don't worry about me, I have a very comprehensive plan to visit all 39 states before I decide where to settle down, and I can still video chat my new therapist while I'm on the road. Do not try to talk me out of this!" Steven announces. 

"When are you leaving?" Y/n asks.

"Uh... tomorrow." Steven says.

"Oh, so soon! Well, all human adolescents need to seize their independence eventually."  Pearl says and she gives Steven a hug. "I'm so happy for you." She then exists the temple.

"Yeah, bud. I'll miss ya. Peace!" Amethyst says before exiting as well.

"You guys know I may never come back, right?" Steven says.

Garnet places her hand on Steven's shoulder. "We know, Steven. This will be an exciting new chapter in your life." Garnet exits, leaving only Y/n and Steven who is shocked by their surprisingly calm response.

"That... went well... right?" Steven asks Y/n.

Y/n just looks out the temple door. "Hmm. Time will tell." He says to himself." Before he turns to Steven. "Your life is your own Steven. You more than earned the right to choose how you live it. I imagine you still have others to tell so allow me to help you. I know a few Gems who will not take the news quite so well..." Y/n says and Steven sighs knowing he is right. 

"You... WHAT?!?! What's the problem, Steven? Are you mad at me?" Bismuth asks in shock while Peridot who has a teary face and Lapis who has a her arms crossed looking grumpy look at SAteven.

"Of course I'm not mad at you." Steven says. 

Bismuth brings Steven into a tight hug. "Then don't leave! Oh no, am I smothering you?" She backs away. " I get it, I get it."

"Bismuth." Y/n says.

Bismuth turns her hands into a saw and hammer. "How about I build you a nice vacation house just outside of Little Homeworld?" She asks.

Lapis approaches Steven, briefly summons her wings and outstretches her arms. "Listen to me, Steven. You can't run away from yourself. Wherever you go, you'll be there. Trust me, I know."

Peridot now  drops down on the floor and sobs into her hands. Y/n kneels down and gives her his hand to hold.

"Peridot. Come on, it's okay." Y/n says and he rubs her back.

"But Where are we  going to find another Steven, huh? I like this one so much!" Peridot sobs and grabs onto Y/n.

Steven smiles and reaches into his bag, "Here Peridot, I want you to have this." Steven gives Peridot his old salmon-pink shirt from when he was a kid.

"My very own Steven shirt?" Peridot says looking at it for a moemnt.

"Be the Steven you want to see in the world." Steven says.

Peridot wails once more and blows her nose with the shirt. Y/n picks Peridot up holding her as he and Steven approach Lapis, who still has her arms crossed.

"Lapis, this is for you." Steven gives Lapis a drawing kit as she reads the description.

"What the? 142 pieces? 60 crayons? 24 oil pastels? It even has watercolors?!" Lapis says in awe.

"Do you like it?" Steven asks.

Lapis takes the box with tears in her eyes. "I... love it!" She starts to cry and rushes over to Y/n holding on to him and Peridot as she starts to cry now. Y/n keeps a hold of Peridot with one hand and has his arm wrapped around Lapis's waist with the other.

Steven approaches Bismuth with a bright pink flag.

"Stay back, Steven!" Bismuth says.

"Bismuth, I can't think of anyone who's more of a Crystal Gem than you. So please take this: the original Crystal Gem flag." Steven says and he hold out the old Crystal Gems flag to her her.

"Oh, Steven." Bismuth says.

Y/n carrying Peridot who was now wearing Steven's old shirt walks over to Steven and Bismuth with Lapis. 

"If it wasn't for you, none of us would be who we are today. You make me so proud to be a Crystal Gem." Bismuth says.

"Why did you have to put it so well, Bismuth?" Peridot says still crying and holding onto Y/n tightly. 

"I'm gonna use my tears to make a watercolor painting of you." Lapis sobs.

Steven also starts to break down into tears as they all hug each other.

"Y/n, Peridot, Lapis, Bismuth... I love you!"

"We love you too, Steven!" Lapis, Peridot and Bismuth all say while  crying.

"And we always will." Y/n says closing his eyes smiling.

Steven and Y/n were now leaving the Little Homeworld tower. Steven wipes his tears with a smile on his face. A hole is suddenly busted through the wall, revealing it to be Jasper, staying aloof. She doesn't face Steven but she salutes to Y/n.

"Heard you're leaving." Jasper says and she faces Steven. "Fight me one more time." 

"Jasper, We talked about this... No more fighting outside of my training halls." Y/n says calmly. 

Jasper gives a disappointed sigh. "Yes my Diamond."  

Y/n just chuckles to himself and he places his hand on top of Jasper's head. The tall, orange muscular gem has an embarrassed look on her face and she quickly looks the opposite direction. Jasper then quickly turns around and headbutts the wall, creating another Jasper-shaped hole next to the previous one. She walks through it.

"Whoa! You even got Jasper to calm down." Steven says surprised at Jasper's behaviour around Y/n. 

"I've set up what will be a yearly tournament for the gems who wish to fight, Giving them a chance to fight and vent their frustration in a safe but entertaining way. That gems from all over can enjoy whether they are competing or simply watching. I gave Jasper and the other gems competing my old training halls to train in, further restricting the damage that can be done to planets by their training. but also adding a new element to the event, Mind games. Rather like your humans do with those sports competitions. Jasper was very enthusiastic when she found out. She'll have stiff competition however but that seems to entice her more, My old black gems were built to be strong. Jasper wants to be the strongest. " Y/n says smiling a little before he turns to Steven now. "This is where we must part ways Steven." He says.

"Your going already?" Steven asks and Y/n nods. 

"I have something I must do." Y/n says.

"Wait Y/n before you go." Steven says and he reaches into his bag and pulls out a figure of Y/n's favourite character from Dragon Ball. "Here I want you to have this. I know how much you like that show." Steven says.

"Oh Steven..." Y/n says taking the figure in his hands. "You didn't have to get me this Steven. You have already helped give me the greatest gift of all. You have given me a new life. If it hadn't been for you and the others I might never of changed." Y/n says and he gives Steven a hug which Steven returns.  "I shall try to return before you leave. But if I don't then let these be my last words to you. You are not a product of your circumstances. You are a product of your decisions. Just because you were born with a Gem does not make you any different from a normal human being. It is my hopes that you will be happy with your new life." 

Steven had walked Y/n to the little Homeworld warp pad and watched him warp away. Before using it himself to warp to the conservatory above his room. He walks into the temple house and picks up a box before walking down the stairs.  

"Oh, Amethyst!" Steven says noticing her now. 

Amethyst jumps up into a sitting position on the couch with Steven in front of her, holding a box.

"Huh?" Amethyst says.

"I have a gift for you." Steven says.

"Is it food?! Amethyst grabs the box, tilting the contents of the box into her mouth.

"No! It's-" Steven starts to say.

Amethyst holds an old game console in her mouth, surprised it's not food. "What the?"  Amethyst says with her mouth full and she spits the console back into the box.

"It's my old video game systems!" Steven says remembering the days he, Y/n and Amethyst would play games together. 

"Aw, dude... you better kiss your high scores goodbye!" Amethyst laughs.

"What?!" Steven says surprised. 

"And say goodbye to your save files, too! Oh, I've been waiting forever to play through Golf Quest Mini on my own! *exiting the room* Why the heck would you own a game with only one save slot anyway?" Amethyst says. 

Steven is left dumbfounded and alone in the living room. "Uhhh..." 

Steven sighs and he  opens the front door and greets Pearl, who is sitting in a white chair, playing her bass.

"Hello, Pearl!" Steven says.

"Oh, hi Steven! Do you need help packing?" Pearl asks.

"No, it's just-" Steven takes out his old ukulele. "I'm leaving you with my ukulele."

"Steven! That's very thoughtful of you." Pearl puts the ukulele inside of her gem.

"Pearl, it's okay to be sad that I'm leaving." Steven says hoping to get some emotion out of her.

"But Steven, it's a good thing that you're going to get out there and explore the world. It's not something to be sad over." Pearl says.

Steven frowns, his eyes large and tear-filled. "Yeah, you're right." Steven says tearfully. Steven starts walking back inside, groaning.

"Alright, have fun." Pearl says.

Steven warps to the Temple hand where Garnet is doing the laundry. He is holding a large scrapbook in his arms.

"Garnet!" Steven calls out.

"Well bust my britches, it's Steven Universe." Garnet says.

"I'm here to give you a very important and sentimental gift because I'm leaving. Getting to plan Ruby and Sapphire's wedding was so amazing, and I hope that one day, you can help me plan my own." Steven says as he  holds up the scrapbook titled "Dream Wedding" to Garnet. She takes the scrapbook in her hands.

"Thanks. I'll take good care of it." Garnet says.

"Okay, Garnet, level with me here. You used your future vision, saw that everything would be fine, and told the Gems not to worry about me. That's it, right?" Steven asks.

Garnet smiles. "Steven, I don't need future vision to know that you're gonna be fine." Sheheads over to the warp pad. "Besides, part of the fun of leaving is figuring it out on your own." She warps away, leaving Steven to cry alone.

Steven shuts a suitcase filled with old items and sighs.

"You alright, Schtu-ball?" Greg asks.

"Yeah, it's just-" Steven starts.

"Just what?" Greg asks.

Steven puts the suitcase on the floor. "Well, I told the Gems I'm leaving but I don't think they're even sad about it."

"Isn't that a good thing?" Greg asks.

"I guess I wanted them to be at least a little upset. Is that petty?" Steven asks.

"You're allowed to have feelings, even petty ones." Greg walks over to Steven and gives him a hug. "They love you, kiddo. They're probably just trying to be supportive."

"Thanks, dad. Oh! I still have to give you your gift!" Steven jumps up onto the bed and puts a poster of "Kerry Moonbeam" on the empty wall. "It's all yours. I want you to move in!"

"Huh? Don't you think it's a little... ritzy for me?" Greg says shocked.

Steven sits back down on the bed, patting the space next to him with his hand. "Try the bed, dad."

Steven and Greg lay down on the bed, looking at the glow-in-the-dark stars on the ceiling.

"Woah. Steven, I don't think I can get up."

"I knew you'd like it." Steven says with a small smile.

Greg sighs. "I guess the Gems are gonna swap one Universe for another, huh? You know, you heading off and me settling down, it makes the kind of karmic make sense, I just can't resist."

Pearl,Garnet, Amethyst, Greg, and Connie are all gathered next to Steven's car, ready to give their goodbyes. Steven gives Connie a hug.

"Bye, Connie. See you soon." Steven says to her. They share a kiss and Steven holds her hands, both of them blushing.

"Text me when you get to that bed and breakfast. Don't breakfast without me." Connie says.

"You got it." Steven hugs Greg next. "Bye, Dad."

"Aw, I'm gonna miss you, Schtu-ball. But I'm so proud of you." Greg says hugging Steven.

"Thanks, dad."

Steven approaches Pearl, Garnet and Amethyst and gives Pearl a hug.

"Goodbye, Pearl." Steven says.

"Goodbye, Steven." Pearl says.

Steven hugs Garnet next.

"Bye, Garnet." Steven says.

"So long, Steven." Garnet replies.

He hugs Amethyst.

"Bye, Amethyst." Steven says.

"See ya, bud. Don't forget about me!"

"I won't." Steven reluctantly says goodbye to all the Gems.

"Well, I guess this is goodbye." Steven says.

"We'll be thinking of you." Garnet says.

"Alright then." Steven gets into his car and begins to drive off, watching his friends wave to him in the rear view mirror. As he gets farther and farther from then, he begins to panic, and once they are all out of sight, the car comes to a screeching halt and reverses all the way back to the Gems. Steven appears in the car window with tears going down his cheeks.

"What's wrong with you guys?! Aren't you sad that I'm leaving?" Steven asks tearfully.

Suddenly the wind picks up and everyone shields their faces. 

"Of course they are Steven." A voice says. 

"Y/n?" Steven says and The Diamond ship becomes visible in the sky as it lowers onto the beach in front of everyone. A large Black bubble descends from the ship onto the beach. As it deforms it shows all the Diamonds as well as Steven's friends from Lapis, Peridot, Bismuth to Spinel and even Nephrite. Black Diamond glows as he shapeshifts back into Y/n and he gives a smile to Steven. "They all wanted to give you one final goodbye." Y/n says and the Gems all smile sadly at Steven. 

Suddenly Amethyst bursts into tears. "Oh man, I can't take this anymore!" She cries.

Garnet sprays tears all over her visor as they run down her cheeks. "We were trying to be strong for you."

Pearl turns her head to face Steven, sobbing sloppily as she's unable to speak. Y/n and the other Gem's make their way over to the three. Y/n holds and consoles Pearl as she sobs uncontrollably. 

"Pearl agrees." Garnet says.

The Diamonds all look at one another and nod before the glow and their forms all shrink to match Y/n's size much to the shock of the others.  

"Woah they all became Y/n sized!" Spinel says excitedly as he giggles. 

"Well it is for a special reason after all." White Diamond says with a smile as Yellow and Blue Diamond nod in agreement. 

Steven jumps out of the car, running over to the Gems. "You guys!" He runs towards the large groups of gems as they crowd round him for a large group hug.

"I was kidding, man! I'm never gonna delete your save files!" Amethyst cries out.

" Ah, I love that ukulele! I'll never play anything else!" Pearl also cries.

"I'd be overjoyed to plan your wedding. In fact, I've already planned over 363 versions of it." Garnet says to Steven.

Steven sniffles. "Why didn't you guys just tell me all of this?"

"I'm sorry, Steven. I couldn't resist looking into your future. I peeked. But I saw a possibility that our tears would keep you from leaving." Garnet says.

"We didn't wanna hold you back!" Amethyst cries.

"But I also saw many paths ahead of you, and we are a part of all of them." Garnet says as she takes off her visor her tears visible.

"Wherever you end up, we will visit you to talk, to listen, to be there, whenever you need us. We love you, Steven." Y/n says resting his hand on Steven's shoulder.

Steven wipes the tears away from his eyes. "I love you guys too."

"We have a gift for you now Steven." Y/n says and Steven looks at him and soon Y/n's old music class can be seen setting up behind the Diamond ship as they begin to play a song.

♫ We'll meet again, Don't know where, Don't know when, But I know we'll meet again some sunny day. ♫ Y/n begins to sing to Steven.

♫ So keep smiling through, Just like you always do, Till the blue skies drive the dark clouds far away.

So will you please say hello, To the folks that I know, Tell them I won't be long, They'll be happy to know, That as you saw me go, I was singing this song

We'll meet again, Don't know where, Don't know when, But I know we'll meet again some sunny day. ♫

Steven begins to hug everyone goodbye individually. While some like Blue Diamond, Pearl, Lapis, Amethyst and Peridot are unable to hold back their tears others do a better job of hiding it like Yellow and White Diamond.

"Feel free to visit us on Homeworld B-But no pressure of course!" White Diamond says cautiously not wanting to upset Steven.

"Farewell Pink Lasagna." Yellow Pearl jokes as she says goodbye. 

"Good luck." Blue Pearl quietly says.  

"Thank you Steven. My old crew and I are living a wonderful life now thanks to you." Nephrite says gratefully to Steven as she hugs him.

♫So will you please say hello, To the folks that I know, Tell them it won't be long, They'll be happy to know, That as you saw me go, I was singin' this song

We'll meet again, Don't know where, Don't know when, But I know we'll meet again some sunny day...♫ Y/n finishes singing. 

Greg wipes a tear from his eye, and Connie puts her hand on his arm to comfort him. Steven begins to get back into his car as all the Gems wave at him and Pearl holds onto Y/n as she  begins sobbing again.

"Check your rear left tire before you hit the desert! It's not serious, but could be trouble if left unchecked!" Garnets calls out and a tear goes down Garnet's cheek, and Amethyst throws him a peace sign.

"Later bruh!" Amethyst says still teary eyed.

Pearl continues to sob uncontrollably as Steven starts the car and begins to drive off.

"Bye, Steven!" The Diamonds call out.

"Bye! Have fun!" The other Gems cry out. 

"Bye!" Connie and Greg wave.

"Bye!" Pearl says crying.

Goodbye Steven." Y/n says now waving to Steven.

Everyone continues to wave after their departing friend. In front of the Big Donut the townspeople hold a banner saying "Bye Steven" and wave after him. Steven waves back at them as they yell their final goodbyes as he turns the corner, passing the car wash. Steven turns up the radio and begins to drive out of Beach City and towards his distant future.

That evening everyone shared stories of their encounters with Steven, Y/n's name ending up in a lot of the stories. When it began to grow late Greg went back to the temple to get some rest and Connie headed home with Lion. Now only Y/n and the other Gems were now left on the beach. Y/n lets out a sad sigh and he looks at the ocean before he turns to the others.

"Is everything alright Y/n?" Pearl asks as she and the others notices Y/n's mood dropping. 

"It's only fair that I tell you all now that Steven, Greg and Connie are gone." Y/n says as he sits down on the beach. 

The other gems all look at one another slightly puzzled. 

"What is the matter Black?" White Diamond asks as she moves to stand beside Y/n. 

"Spinel, Volleyball and Pearl you three are the most likely to be affected by what I am about to say to I give you fair warning." Y/n says and he turns to the other Gems now. 

"It is possible that Pink Diamond will return to us in the future." Y/n says and the other Gems go wide eyed. 

"What?!" The Diamonds say in shock. 

"P-Pink." Pearl, Spinel and Volleyball say.

"But how?" Garnet asks. 

"Steven is now choosing to live his life as a normal human being and not a Gem. Human beings aren't like us remember. They eventually die and Steven will eventually do so with the life he has chosen. His Gem however will not and it will reform once the human body of Steven disappears. It is possible the Gem will reform into Pink Steven but considering how much trouble Steven has gone through with being a Gem I doubt it will. The only other two form it has to take are Pink Diamond or Rose Quartz." Y/n informs the Gems who stand there dazed by the sudden news.

"It is a daunting prospect that is met with mixed emotions on both sides. But if it does happen we will deal with it, I will be here. With you all." Y/n says to the gems he calls his friend and his lovers. The Gems look at each other but quickly relax knowing that they can trust in him.

The sun is beginning to set behind Y/n as he summons his guitar and sits down on the sand. He closes his eyes as his fingers run over the instrument that has been with him these last few years.

♫ I saw the light fade from the sky.♫ Y/n begins to sing as he watches the sun setting.

♫ On the wind I heard a sigh. ♫

♫ As the snowflakes cover my fallen brothers, I will say this last goodbye. ♫

♫ Night is now falling, So ends this day, The road is now calling, And I must away. ♫

Everyone watches Y/n quietly as he sings.

♫ Over hill and under tree, Through lands where never light has shone, By silver streams that run down to the sea. ♫

♫ Under cloud, beneath the stars, Over snow one winter's morn, I turn at last to paths that lead home, And though where the road then takes me, I cannot tell. ♫
                                                                                                                                                                                                    ♫ We came all this way, But now comes the day, To bid you farewell. ♫

Y/n notices that the other gems have begun to sit down besides him now.

♫ Many places I have been, Many sorrows I have seen, But I don't regret, Nor will I forget, All who took the road with me. ♫ He sings to them.

♫ Night is now falling, So ends this day. ♫

♫ The road is now calling, And I must away. ♫

♫ Over hill and under tree, Through lands where never light has shone, By silver streams that run down to the sea.♫

♫ To these memories I will hold, With your blessing I will go, To turn at last to paths that lead home, And though where the road then takes me I cannot tell, We came all this way, But now comes the day, To bid you farewell. ♫ Y/n sings standing up and thinking about Steven as he lowers his guitar now. Pearl, Peridot, Lapis, The Diamonds, Spinel, Yellow Pearl, Blue Pearl, Volleyball and even Jasper all wrap their arms around Y/n in content as the sun finishes setting over the ocean.

♫ I bid you all a very fond farewell...♫ Y/n finishes his song as he closes his eyes slowly relaxing into the other gems large hug.

It was normal day in the temple. Y/n was visiting Earth for the time being but Pearl and the others were busy with classes at Little Home school that had been still running successfully for  a great number of years. Y/n was sat in temple with his eyes closed as he listened to the Ocean lap against the shore. No matter how long he had been around this sounds would never tire him. He was brought out of his peace however when an unfamiliar pair of footsteps could be heard by him outside. The temple door opened and Y/n slowly opened his eyes but nothing could of prepared him for who stood in front of him. Y/n quickly composed himself however as he stood up and looked at the figure stood across from him now. 

"Welcome back...Pink..." Y/n says.  

And that's the end of the story...

I wanted to end the story on a cliff-hanger. 

It has been my greatest pleasure to write this story for you my readers this past year. This story was nothing without you all and I mean that from the bottom of my heart. As I publish this last  chapter I am certain to have tears in my eyes. Y/n's final song was one I picked for you all as a final goodbye. Though this story may be over it will always stay with me as a journey and I hope it is something people want to re-read one day. 

If you liked this story then please feel free to check out my other works as this is not my only story and who knows. Maybe I'll write another Steven Universe story one day. Maybe I'll finish where this cliffhanger ends if I can think of a good enough idea. But for now it is with a heavy heart that I say goodbye to you all and thank you once again <3   

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.6K 1.4K 41
|Steven x Male reader| This story follows Y/n, a young boy. His mother had given up her physical form to give birth to him, which left him alone with...
134K 4.4K 59
(AU where Steven doesn't move out and stays in Beach City after Steven Universe Future) You've lived in Beach City all your life. For 17 years you'v...
728K 11.9K 117
In this story you are a Painite. The rarest gem and I recall hasn't been in the show. You are sent to Earth to find Peridot and Jasper along with the...
137K 1.9K 14
Takes place a few months after The Trial. So Steven doesn't know he has Pink Diamonds gem yet. What if Blue Diamond found out that Steven wasn't Ros...