Dragon Kings: The Youthful Ki...

By TempralSinz

Young and full of life, being the youngest has its benefits. The one thing that seems impossible to shake is... More

Sweet Scent
Distractions
North Tower
Healing Scent
Butterfly's Kiss
In The Moonlight
Rush
Between Us
Ruthless
Guidance
A Cave Of Wonder
Escape
Rough Patch
Breathless
A Moment
The Scent Of Blood
Small Things
Moss and Brimstone
Anger And Fear
Safe

Midnight Stroll

521 39 4
By TempralSinz

 I spent the next few days trying to figure out anything and everything I could about not just the Hidden but these prophecies. I didn't learn much of importance, but I did learn more about the Hidden and how they became scarce. The Norther continent was known for many things, none of them seemed good. The Hidden had a power that they desired to possess, so they literally hunted down as many Hidden as they could and tried to find some way to extract this ability from them by experimenting on them. The Hidden seemed to believe this was the main result of their near extinction. They pleaded with other Kings of the other regions but nothing came of it. Ultimately most of them opted to leave their world and settle somewhere among the stars. Some stayed though, and that is what led them to eventually be used in the war that the previous Kings found themselves in. The northern King held a few Hidden captive, and use them to get the upper hand on the Kings.

However it seemed those Kings were too smart, and they were much stronger when they stuck together. Of course I had to come out of my hidden spot to look for the books on the last war. I wanted to be sure I knew all I could know, maybe there was something there that others overlooked.

The only time I left the Library was to attend to dinner time kitchen duties that I had been given. Of course I refused to deliver food to the Royal family, what if I saw him again? I don't know what exactly would happen but I was sure it most likely wouldn't be anything good. But it was suppose to be, right? I shrugged it off and stayed in the kitchen till dinner was done, then I cleaned up and ate the meal that was made for me. I noted the few kitchen girls who often served the royals talking as they washed their plates.

"It's a been a while since the King called on you Yuna." A pretty blonde stated to another blonde haired girl. They looked young, younger than I was anyway. Visually we looked around the same age, but I'd always looked younger. In truth I envied those like Sapphire and Pearl who looked their ages. Not a one of the others considered me to be the same as Pearl, Citrine, and Sapphire. No they thought of me as younger, because I looked younger. As I watched the girls interact I thought how nice it was to be near Pearl, Sapphire, Tourmaline, and Ruby again.

"He's just busy with all this stuff that's going on. He'll be back in my bed before long I'm sure." The girl replied to the other. I didn't care for their conversation and I wasn't trying to listen in but they were being very loud about it.

It made me wonder who they were speaking about. It wasn't my business though..

"He'll find his mate in time though, his brothers have found theirs. Aren't you worried it's not you?" The second girl asked.

"Nope, we were only having fun. I'll always be in his head though I'm sure. I'm the best he's had according to him." She grinned from ear to ear as she spoke. I finished what was left on my plate and I waited for them to move so I could wash my plate and get back to the library.

"Oh. We're in her way." She smiled as she saw me and moved to the side a ways. I was thankful.

"Thank you, you didn't have to." I replied to her action.

"It's fine, we were done here anyway." She smiled and her and her friend walked off as they chatted a bit more between them.

I cleaned my plate and made my way back to the library where I closed myself off in the little room again. I got right back to reading and making notes of things I found that might be of interest. Also things that were in reference to things that might be in the books in this library.

I dozed off at some point, and woke up to a sheet of parchment attached to my face. I apparently drooled a little as I slept. As I pulled it off I stood to stretch in the little space I had. Thankfully I could stand, I just couldn't stretch my arms up over my head without knocking my hands on the ceiling of the little room.

I decided a walk and maybe something to drink were needed as my mouth felt a little dry. I walked the familiar path, the only path I knew in fact. It was the way from the Library to the kitchens, the path I'd been walking for days now and coincidentally the path that took me by the little garden where I'd seen that King bathing. Well, not fully- I didn't stay to watch, I had only come across his bathing routine on accident. Tonight was different though, the cool air gave me a slight chill as I peered out into the small garden area. I listened for a moment but there was no sound, nothing but the sounds of the night.

As I stepped through the garden I took in the scent of all the pretty flowers, the lights that were strung around giving off a warm dim glow. It was so pretty out here, I wondered why it seemed very few came here though. I took my time crouching down to smell some of the pretty flowers. There was so much greenery here, it smelled so nice. I felt calm and at ease at first, then I felt a familiar strange feeling start shooting through my body.

In the blink of an eye I found myself being lifted to my feet and then pushed back against the hedge I'd once hidden behind. The growl that came with the actions made me weak in my knees. My legs felt like they were made of jelly as I was held by my shoulders against the hedge.

"Come to see another show my little butterfly?" He asked, his voice husky and his hair hung over his eyes. I could still see them though, the deep brown orbs that flashed a brilliant green when he looked at me.

"I.. Uh, I.." I didn't know what to say. But I knew my face felt hot as he leaned down closer to me. He was taller, and clearly too strong for me to push away. He was closer to me now than he had been the other day. I don't think I could just slip by him this time, and that worried me a little. My heart was already beating like crazy, my legs wobbly and my breathing was a mess as his face was so close to mine.

"My pretty little butterfly doesn't have anything to say?" He asked.

"I don't know what you're talking about." I panicked, and lied. Maybe if I played dumb he'd just let me go.

"Oh? But I think you do." He replied. I shook my head from side to side, my body shaking a little bit.

"Nope." I managed to get out the one basic word.

"I sensed you that night. I didn't know what it was at first but it was strong. It made me go crazy. Your scent, you smell like honey and fresh fruit, sweet and tempting." His words were spoken softly, yet still that lustful husky tone was present and had my body feeling like jello.

"I... I'm sorry. I really... really should be getting back inside." I managed to speak after gathering every bit of courage I had. He didn't release me though.

"But I thought my little butterfly likes it here in the garden? Isn't this where you want me as well?" He pressed his body against mine and the hardness of it took my breath away for a moment. He was strong, there was doubt about that. He was hardened though, yet he felt warm and welcoming. My heart was going crazy and I thought I might be having a stroke for a moment. He leaned away long enough for me to duck under his arm again, only I guess that trick would only work once.

He caught me by the wrist, he wasn't being too rough but his grip held some firmness to it.

"Where are you going so soon little butterfly?" He asked, his tongue poking out of his mouth and sliding along his lips. I couldn't tell if it was his tongue or lips that had me thinking of all the things he could do with his mouth... maybe it was just his whole mouth that had me feeling frazzled.

"Majesty, I should be going inside." I don't know how I got the words out clearer, but I did. He smiled at me, and pulled me closer to him. I probably could have pulled back, but something in me wanted to stay right here and breathe him in.

"Let me have just one taste little butterfly. Then I'll let you flutter away for now." He was trying to compromise? I swallowed at what he could possibly have in mind for a 'taste'. He leaned down to me and pressed his lips against mine. He was kissing me, he wasn't being rough or anything. This was soft and he slowly slid his tongue inside my mouth, of course I had let him in. I don't know why I had parted my lips and let him in but something was craving this. He put both hands on my waist as I was suddenly wrapping my arms up over his shoulders. He pulled me to him more, I was right up against him now and it wasn't just his frame that was hardened. The bulge growing between his legs was more than enough to have me turned on.

I didn't get turned on like this, it was a new sensation that I was scared of, and kind of liked... a lot.

The kiss suddenly became frantic and hungry. I don't even know how it got like that, but I was a little sure it might have been me who initiated that neediness. I figured that out because he was the one to push me away from him some time later.

"Whoa, let's slow down my pretty little butterfly. I keep my word, and I only asked for a taste." He breathed, he seemed just as out of breath as me.

"I'm sorry.." I apologized though I wasn't sure what for.

"Oh no, no little butterfly- There's nothing to be sorry for. Only that I don't have more time to do all the things I want to do to you." He licked his lips again and I had to try my hardest to not whimper and get down on my knees and beg him to do whatever he wanted to me. The urge was strong and I was so confused as to why I was behaving like this. His lips pressed to mine once more.

"I promise you this though, you come here when you want me. Alright? I'll be here every night and if I see you here, waiting.. then I'll know you want me as well." His eyes flashed that green, and I was breathless again standing there. I most likely looked like a fool but this guy... I couldn't even explain it. I'd read about this though... the feeling, the not knowing what to do with yourself once you're around your mate... this was normal. In some sense I'd been expecting this, yet here I was just as confused.

"Okay." I replied back. I'd come here if I wanted him... when I wanted him? Fuck.. I already forgot his words. I only knew I'd be coming here again for some reason or another. I needed to come back here. After I spoke he released his grip on me.

"Go now little butterfly, before I change my mind and keep you trapped here in my garden." He shot back at me with a smirk. He looked... good. So tempting and... I had to swallow and run, and that's what I did. I turned so fast and fled that I almost got lost as I went right back to the room I'd been given down below the kitchens.

I needed to see him again...

•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○•○

(Jungkook's POV)

"So, why are we riding out here again?" I asked as myself and two of my older brethren rode down the path to the western cost Village of Port Reef.

"We're going there because of some messages that were sent. Something seemed a little off, it might be nothing but I knew I needed the two of you with me. I would have asked Tae along too but with his wife being with child I thought it best to give him a different task." Namjoon said as we rode.

"Well I for one am glad you brought me. Sapphire's been moody, and I think it's kind of put her on edge not being pregnant yet." Hoseok spoke up.

"She shouldn't worry, I'm sure she'll be with child in time." Namjoon tried to be reassuring.

"I told her that, but it didn't seem to help. I can only hope some of the other sister's can help her." Hoseok said softly.

"The pretty little butterfly is mine by the way. I'm sure of it now." I chimed in, I wanted them to be the first to know. I would liked to tell Jin as well, but it most important to me that Namjoon knew.

"Butterfly?" He asked with a look of confusion on his handsome face. All my brothers were handsome, but Joon.. he was a handsome in a more mature way. The way I hoped to be someday.

"Yes, my pretty little butterfly." I confirmed. He seemed to laugh at the name.

"Okay, but... butterfly?" He chuckled. I admit.. I pouted.

"Hey I don't make a fuss over you calling your mate 'beloved' every five seconds so don't fuss over me calling mine 'Butterfly'. She is a butterfly, my butterfly." I stood firm on this one, no one... no matter who it was, was going to tell me what I could call her. Hoseok was busy trying not to burst out in laughter. I could tell because I glanced over at him and his hand was over his mouth, while his face was turning slightly red.

"Point taken. I won't bother you about it. It just seems like an odd choice for a pet name." Joon added.

"Joon's got a point. You're calling your mate an insect. That doesn't exactly sound endearing." Hoseok finally spoke after trying so hard to contain his laughter.

"Says the one calling his mate-"

"Alright, point made let's not continue." Hoseok jumped a bit and cut me off. I smirked, I guess he want Namjoon or anyone else maybe to know some of the dirty things he called his wife. Honestly I was shocked she wasn't pregnant with the way they go at it. Can't walk down the hallway where there room is without hearing at least one of those names being called.

"But why butterfly?" Namjoon asked a little more seriously. I smiled at him.

"Because, she flutters away from me. She always seems just out of reach." Namjoon smiled and nodded. The rest of the ride was mostly silent with little chit chats here and there. Once we got there our mouths dropped. Namjoon had a look of concern. It wasn't the twelve soldiers that were a special team made up of Namjoon, Hoseok, and Yoongi's 'special warriors'. No it was the eight men that were tied up and kneeling on the ground in front of those men that were the shock.

"What is this? What's happened?" Namjoon asked the soldiers.

"Majesty." One man, a man I knew as Captain Jensen stepped forward and gave a bow as he spoke. "The rebels landed on the coast here yesterday. We saw them coming and got word to you right away. I was afraid you wouldn't get here in time so I made the call. We tried to play it peacefully my lords. But the rebels were not having it. They offered us those." He motioned to some large wooden barrels that were being dragged out from just inside the gate to the village.

"Normally, we would be happy to take wine that was offered. Only this wine is laced with poison." As the words left his mouth Namjoon and Hoseok got off their horses. I followed behind them. I had a feeling this day was about to get interesting.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.4K 349 18
"you ruined me for the deed I have never committed" when the revenge took over him so much that he forgot the relation between them and ruined her li...
8K 762 23
Secrets, regrets, and messages from long ago. The story continues as the Icy King tries to deliver a message. Unknown enemies are just around the co...
910K 26.6K 23
"Good to meet you, mate." "You're talking to the wrong person." "No I'm not, you are my mate whether you like it or not." He was one of the most res...
2.4K 280 27
"i've finally found the answer" I said softly, but my mind was running circles. "what?" He asked, still entranced in our stare. "you're my answer" Ju...