Princess in love (Royals #3)

gabycabezut

After playing a prank to her best friend's crush, Princess Marianne finds herself in deep trouble as the poli... Еще

Princess in love
Pranks
Grounded
Crashing waves...
Meeting the crew
First day...
Stupid hormones...
Obtuse and intriguing...
Breaking the ice
Ice-cream
Infatuation
Blue ocean
Hope...
Learning...
Fallen...
Loved by him...
Morning after
Bittersweet
Sweetness...
Shattered...
Reality
Family matters...
Hope...
Missing him
Missing him-part two
Prince Charming
A phone call away...
Karma...
Recovering
Dinner
Royal awkwardness
Changes
Confrontation...
Fractured...
Consciousness...
Happy birthday?
Memories...
In between cupcakes and brownies...
Love...
Epilogue
Winter's Wattpad Block Party
Bonus chapter

The adventure begins

182K 5.7K 1K
gabycabezut

Chapter's song: Instant crush by Daft Punk :)

My eyes squinted at the small stain above my head. It oddly resembled like a bunny.

Groaning, I rolled around in bed completely bored out of myself. I'd been grounded since yesterday. My parents had taken away my cell phone and iPad as well as my laptop...how on earth was I supposed to survive without any technological devise?

I heard the distinctive sound of tires over gravel, meaning that someone was coming home. Peeking out of my window, I saw Uncle Mark as he hoped out of his car. His blue eyes looked at me and a small smile played on his face at the same time he shook his head. He was one of my favorite's persons in the whole wide world, so before he reached our door, I had already sprinted down to greet him.

"Hi there!" he smiled as he engulfed me in a hug. "I heard you're grounded?" he raised an eyebrow skeptically. He was wearing ripped jeans and a black t-shirt. That was the thing about him, he was pretty cool.

I looked behind me before whispering, "They're sending me to Mexico for the summer..."

Mark shook his head, "I know, Scott called me because we need to divert the press attention from you." As I made a face, he added, "but being on the beach for two months doesn't sound that bad, does it?"

"Have you met Aunt Patricia?" I raised an eyebrow as he chuckled.

"She can't be that bad!" Oh man, you have no idea...

Pathetically desperately, I blinked at him, "Can I borrow your phone? Pretty please?"

He looked behind me and his smile turned into his distinctive smirk. And I just knew that my dad was behind me.

"He can't," Dad responded as soon as the words left my mouth.

Uncle Mark passed an arm on my shoulders, "come on Scott, you can't be that mean to the poor girl!"

Dad's brown eyes narrowed, "did you have anything to do with it?" he crossed his arms glaring at his brother.

"Why would you say that?" Uncle Mark mocked being hurt by pressing a palm on his chest, "it hurts, you know?"

"Well, did you?" Dad was used to his brother's drama, so he ignored him.

Uncle Mark patted me on the back before reaching Dad, "of course I didn't! She wouldn't had been caught if she'd asked for my help!" he looked at me and winked as I tried to suppress a smile.

Dad rolled his eyes, "Don't encourage her, Mark!" he glanced at me for a second before returning to his studio. He was still pretty pissed...

Embarrassed and discouraged, I looked down as I fidgeted with the hem of my sweatshirt. "Hey," Uncle Mark squeezed my arm reassuringly, "he'll come around, honey."

My eyes turned to Dad's studio where he had disappeared. "Yeah, ok..."I murmured unconvinced. Uncle Mark smiled apologetically before going through the door as well.

Rattling came from the kitchen. Mom was busy making coffee and had dropped a mug. Despite her age (she was 46) she looked great. It was a trait I'd always admired, she didn't work out (she had two left feet), but she didn't need to. She had recently started to take care of her eating habits by trying to become vegan, but she had been trying it for the last week. And she was moody as hell...that was one thing I wasn't going to miss...Without saying anything, I grabbed a broom and started to help her out. As I wrapped up the broken ceramic pieces in a sheet of newspaper, she smiled and thanked me. Taking advantage of that, I looked up at her, "Mom, can I call Valerie?" she narrowed her eyes, "I just want to check on her..." I murmured folding the newspaper.

Mom stayed in silence for a moment as I threw the bulk away. She had crossed her arms on her chest, "your phone is grounded."

I fought the urge to roll my eyes. To be honest, it felt like they were making a huge deal out of it. I mean, they were sending me to work for the rest of the summer, right? "I know, Mom...but I just want to see how my best-friend is-"An idea popped into my head, "I am taking my phone to Mexico, right?" I asked frowning.

"No," she raised an eyebrow.

"But how am I going to keep in touch with you?"

"You'll call from the hotel's phone," she added non-chalantly.

Narrowing my eyes, I tilted my head as I leaned onto the kitchen counter, "but what if I have an emergency and need to call someone?"

She shrugged, "you'll be with Patricia."

"Are you going to tell me that I'm going to be working for 24/7 everyday?" Mom nodded, "even on Sundays? You know that's illegal, right?" Mom rolled her eyes, "Besides, I'm going to be at the beach, I could have one free day so I can take the sun or something like that! You're entitled to give me at least one free day per week, Mom!"

She took out another mug and poured herself some coffee. Sadly, I murmured, "don't you think that's too harsh?"

She froze. Her green eyes softened. She sighed and rolled her eyes, "ok, fine. You can have a phone..." I beamed at her as she added, "you'll just have to get it out from your first paycheck..." she smiled mischievously as my grin dissolved and I narrowed my eyes at her. "And you can call Valerie, just call from the phone upstairs, ok?" she turned away from me as I glared at her.

Great. Just effing great.

"Don't forget to tell her that you'll be in Greece for the summer!" she added as I stomped out of the kitchen. I rolled my eyes. My parents had come up with the idea that they'd Photoshop some pictures of me in Greece, so they could deflect the press.

Already in a bad mood, I walked to my parent's room and grabbed the phone. Val's number was probably the only number I knew by heart, so I dialed it. "Hey!" Val greeted me.

"Hi," I grumbled glaring at my parent's wedding picture on their bed stand.

"That bad, huh?"

"Well, if you forget the fact that I'm grounded for the rest of summer by being sent to be my Aunt's slave in an awful beach in Mexico...I'm just awesome. Oh, and I can't even use my freaking phone..."

Val stayed quiet for a moment, "I'm so sorry, M..."

Discouraged, I slumped on my parent's bed, "It's ok...I mean, I really hope it pays off pranking your crush." I snorted, "He's noticed you for sure!"

"He's not my crush!" Val was appalled.

I rolled my eyes, "Valerie. I've known you since we were six. You have a freaking crush on him. Why hadn't I noticed, it's beyond me. But you do. And I do hope that being slaved away for the summer brings out at least one date for you!"

"But I'm not-"she spluttered.

"Valerie," I pressed on.

She sighed, "I'm so, so, sorry Marianne. I never imagined that something like this could have happened..."

I shook my head. "I should have asked my Uncle..." How had I forgotten about him?

He was the king of pranks. We all knew him pretty well. Last Christmas, for example, he had gloated all night about his famous English pudding he'd made for dessert; when dessert time rolled in, we all started to dig into our pudding when Aunt Kate started to screech while jumping out of her chair, bringing half a table with her. Uncle Mark had hidden plastic cockroaches inside the pudding. He had laughed away making everyone angry with him. But it was a well-planned prank, that was for sure. And we all laughed about it know. Nevertheless, he was banned from the kitchen and he had a hard time making it up for his wife. 

Valerie chuckled, "that's right! We should have!"

My lips twitched, "what about you?"

"Ugh," she groaned, "I'm staying with Mom for the rest of the summer. And I have to work with her on the dry cleaning shop to cover the policeman's hospital bill."

"I know...it seems that our parents talked between themselves..."

"But the beach doesn't sound that bad, does it?" she added sympathetically.

Breathing out, "I'll let you know when I get there." And work my ass-off for a phone. UGH.

"Ok...and I'm really sorry, Marianne..." she sounded sincere and I belived she was.

"Just make sure to call Peter, ok?" And get a freaking date out of him!

She sighed, "yeah...ok..."

We hung up after I told her that I was leaving tomorrow. Sighing, I walked out of the room to pack my clothes. As I passed my sister's room, I peeked on her room. Ashley was typing away on her laptop. She'd discovered this writer's site and she lately spent all her time in it. But as the door opened up completely, she turned to me. Her hair was darker than mine and she had Dad's chocolate eyes. She had on her thick glasses, making her look older than nineteen. Smiling, she gestured me to enter as she closed her computer.

"So, Mexico, huh?"

I groaned while seating on her bed, "It sucks..."

She laughed at me as she took off her glasses. She only needed them when she was using the computer. "I'm sure you'll have fun, Marianne! Don't be such a drama queen!"

I raised an eyebrow, "Says the writer..."

She shook her head, "At least you won't have to endure Mom crying on every corner as the first day you left for college!"

Laughing, I bit my lip, "she had it bad, didn't she?"

Ashley rolled her eyes, "tell me about it! Besides, I'm sure Dad is already regretting his choice...he's just too proud to admit it."

My eyes saddened for a moment, "he's really mad..."I murmured looking at my shoes.

"He'll come around, big sis."

"That's what Uncle Mark said."

Ashley's brown eyes widened, "He's here? Did Andy tag along?"

I shook my head. Andrew was our cousin. He was a year younger than Ashley but they were like best-friends. They were both into books and stuff like that. I remember teasing them about it. He was our cousin but felt more like a little brother. We were really close.

Ashley pouted, "Oh."

"Just text him or something!" I shoved her playfully on the chest, "I'm going to pack..."

"Marianne?" she grinned at me before I left the room, "I was looking forward to spend some time with you over the summer..." Since we were both away in college, we didn't see each other much.

"I'm sorry, Ash."

"Take care ok? And have fun..." she snorted, "I'm sure you'll find the way to do that!"

Beaming, I waved before walking to my room. I had a lot of things to pack.

The next morning, Mom woke me up at dawn. Sleepy, I dressed with the clothes I'd left on my desk the night before. A pair of dark skinny jeans and a white tank top. Topping it up with a green jacket, I walked out grumpily out of my room. Dad was waiting for me on the front door already impeccable dressed up. As well as Mom. Ashley had said goodbye yesterday and I guessed she wasn't up yet. 

Terry, one of my parent's chauffeur and bodyguard, carried my large suitcase to the black van waiting outside. I grabbed a banana on my way out and I chomped on it as Terry started the car towards the airport.

"I expect you to be on your best behavior, Marianne," Dad broke the silence as I finished my banana.

"Yes, Sr." Dad's chocolate eyes narrowed while Mom's widened, trying to shut me up.

"I'm sorry if you think this is too much, but there's a lesson behind all of this, ok? You'll understand once you become a parent yourself, honey." His brown eyes softened for a moment, "and we love you. Don't forget that." His hand searched for Mom's. She smiled briefly at him before interlacing their hands.

One day, I'd like to find someone that loves me as much...

Shortly, we arrived at the airport. There were two more cars there. Sean, one of my grandparents, was there. He seemed deep in conversation with a man dressed in blue. He seemed to have some kind of military uniform, but it was not a soldier's uniform. Dad glanced at me briefly before stepping out of the car.

"You're not going alone, Marianne. A commander from the Royal Navy is accompanying you." Mom had a mischievous glint in her eyes as she spoke.

Bewildered, I followed her every move as she stepped out of the car. Dad was already talking to the man in blue. I squinted my eyes to take a better look at him but the guy had a blue cap on. Frowning, I followed my parents and stepped out of the car.

After shaking hands with the man, Mom approached me. "Come on honey, we'll introduce you to him."

Shyly, I walked up to him. "Your Royal Highness." He nodded in a way of greeting me as he extended out his hand. My lips parted. He was...well...breathtaking. Grey eyes, dark blonde hair, straight nose, plump lips and chiseled features.

Someone nudged me as the guy patiently waited for me to shake hands with him. Embarrassed, I reached out for his hand. His handshake was strong and confident. "I'm Jason Lee. It's nice to meet you." His tone was kind of smoky and utterly shocked, I simply nodded while swallowing hard.

Thankfully, Dad asked him something as Mom pulled me out of there. "Handsome, huh?" her green eyes sparkled playfully, "you can thank me later! I picked him out of the photos you father was looking at yesterday!" she added excitedly. And well...it was weird...

"Mom" I hushed her, "you're like crushing on him." I whispered embarrassed looking at them from the corner of my eyes.

"Well, he's definitely a hottie!"

My eyes widened, "Mom....geesh..."

Mom laughed, "Lighten up, Marianne!" she leaned closer to me, "I picked him up for you! At least you'll be with someone good-looking, right?"

Could she be more freaking obvious?

He probably had a girlfriend. I mean, yes, he was too handsome to be single and free.

Dad walked up to me. "You're going to arrive directly in Huatulco. Don't wander around. Lee has specific instructions on not leaving your side at any time, ok? A rental car will be waiting for you. Remember, you are Marianne Smith, just a princess-look-a-like. We want to keep the press away, so you'll have to act normal."

What did he mean by that? I was normal!

Dad's chocolate eyes softened. "I love you Marianne...I hope you learn from this...and you know...." He shrugged, "have fun, ok?"

"I love you, too Dad." I scrunched my nose, "and I'm really sorry..."

Dad kissed me on the cheek, "I know, honey. I know..."

Mom's green eyes were brimming with tears as she hugged me. Hard. "Take care, sweetie. You can call us from Patty's phone at any time, ok?"

I nodded as I swallowed hard. I hugged Granddad before climbing on the plane. Jason walked behind me. I stared through the plane's window at my parents. Dad was hugging Mom and her tears were already rolling down her cheeks.

Sighing, I looked away as my own eyes brimmed with tears. Jason was seated on the other row beside me. He was texting through his phone before the stewardess asked us to turn off any electronic device. He glanced at me briefly before turning away.

The flight was silent. And tiresome.

I couldn't sleep much since I was worried about everything that could happen over the next two months.

Jason didn't utter a word. He just changed clothes to pass as a civilian. Blue jeans, black t-shirt and neon tennis shoes. He lost the cap. His dirty blond bangs were all over the place giving him that dreamy out-of-bed hairstyle.

Drained, we stepped off the plane and passed through customs in a private office. Jason talked to someone from our embassy as I waited. My eyes were closing as I followed him through the airport. The heat was overwhelming and the airport didn't have air conditioning as it was almost outdoors. It was really pretty though. The ceiling was covered with wood and the rooftops were built with palm leafs. Everyone was really nice and helpful, but I was just too tired.

We reached the baggage claim section and I kind of expected Jason to help me out with my large suitcase.

He didn't.

I saw my suitcase pass twice and he didn't make a move to help me out.

Narrowing my eyes, on the third lap, I got a hold of my suitcase but I didn't have the strength to pull it down of the lane. Sighing, Jason helped me out after I had started to walk around holding my suitcase's handle.

"I could have used a hand before," I snapped at him as he dropped the suitcase on the floor.

His lips twitched as I puffed my chest. I brushed the back of my palm on my forehead. I was already sweating from the heat and the effort. I handed him my suitcase. "You can take it from here, thank you very much."

Jason's eyes narrowed. "I'm not your servant."

"I can't carry that! I'm tired!" I whined.

"Boo-hoo,"He whispered smirking. "You can either carry your bag or leave it there, princess." I gaped at him, clearly dumbfounded as he smiled at me and started to walk away.

Without my luggage.

Awesome.

He was a complete ass.

What do you think so far??? I really miss your comments, people!!!!! :)

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

The Summer Deal Shelley

Любовные романы

16.5K 1.3K 47
A workaholic scientist and a soldier off-duty join forces together to battle against their common enemy, vacation, while keeping their growing feelin...
Dark waters Anna Mansen

Фэнтези

618 123 16
On the run from his fate of misery, Cole finds a job on a ship. The job helps him to escape the plans of his father, but it puts him into a series of...
82.1K 1.9K 16
Prince William, the Prince of Wales gets a second chance at love with the woman who's always been there. The Prince of Wales is suffering from a brok...
182K 14.7K 67
Fiercely independent Genevieve had her whole life planned out until her fiance dumped her and her finances fell apart. Living with her friend Janet u...