Hawks x Reader: Soaring

By SAARA_A

There, soaring through the sky, Hawks and Y/N had finally found each other. More

Introduction *Kinda Important*
1・Company
2・Encounter
3・You Again
4・A Favor
*News*
5・Heartbreaker
6・An Invitation
*Upcoming Things*
7・Gala
✧・゚: *✧・゚:* NEW *:・゚✧*:・゚✧
8・Internship
9・Confession
10・UA
11・Class 1-A
12・Test Start!
13・Past Meets Present
14・Kaguya (pt. 1)
14・Kaguya (pt. 2)
Update
15・Eclipse
Bet you were expecting a new chapter...
16・Together
Lol, mistakes were made
• ???
17 • A Letter From A Past Friend
18 • Sunflower
• 20k! •
19 • Natsuo the Matchmaker
Update: Sorry
20 • Endgame
Birthday! + News
21• Wish
22 • New Secrets, Overdue Confessions
23 • Trust Me
New Book!
25 • Not My Hero
26 • Goodbye
27• *Tonight Belongs to Us [REUPLOAD]*
28 • Family
29 • Soaring
Update :))
BOOK 2 IS OUT
*IM BACK* UPDATE FOR THE 5th MILLIONTH TIME

24 • Unlikely Informant

5.6K 185 432
By SAARA_A

Hello :3

Rant: BALANCE UNLIMITED IS LITERALLY NOT GONNA CONTINUE PAST THE THIRD EPISODE CAUSE OF CORONA AAHHHHHHH. WHO WE GONNA SIMP IF WE DON'T HAVE DAISUKE OR HARU!?

Just so ya'll know the lemon won't come until 3-ish chapters from now, but I'll put a warning when it comes.

For now, please enjoy~!

______________________________________________________

It was just another 'normal' day for Y/N: Dabi just lying there on the couch not doing anything but sleeping, and her on her countertop doing some work for the agency while keeping a sharp eye on Dabi. 

They hadn't really exchanged any words other than a 'hey' from Y/N and no response from him, so she just worked in silence listening to music. Everything was pretty much quite until she got a text notification from her computer. Her eyes widened as she shut her computer quickly (not breaking it though). 

"It's Kanaye..." she tried saying to Dabi. He turned from his usual position staring at the ceiling and rolled over so he could see her. 

"So?" he said slightly irritated. 

"Well....I don't know what to say," she retorted. 

Dabi rolled his eyes, "Stop being dramatic and just answer the text. Geez...you get on my nerves sometimes," he said turning back to face the ceiling.

Y/N stuck her tongue out at him without him seeing as she opened up her computer and read his text: 'Could you meet me at *random name* park in 20 minutes?'

Her heart rate picked up as she read that text, not because she liked him like that, but because with his recent behavior, she didn't know if he was gonna murder her or not.

"He wants me to meet him at a park. What could he want...?" she trailed off, really just talking to herself. 

Dabi, who was eavesdropping on her mumbling, kept his gaze at the ceiling, "You should go. Who knows, maybe you'll get the answers you've been pestering me about." he said in his usual nonchalant tone.

Y/N hesitated, "Yeah...yeah you're right. But just in case..." she said as she walked over to what was now Dabi's couch, "Take my burner phone. I'll call you if I get into any trouble and need help." she said genuinely giving it to him. 

Dabi looked at the phone then at her, "And why the hell do you think I'll come save your ass if you walk into a trap?" he questioned. 

Y/N didn't really know how to respond, because her reasoning was just a gut feeling she could trust him; like he's a long lost friend. "Because, if you don't, I'll just turn you and your leader over to the police," she said coming up with a reason that didn't sound so sappy. 

He stared at her for a bit, then snatched the phone, "Fine. At least I'll have something to do while I waste away in your pathetic apartment," he deadpanned. 

"HEY I PAID GOOD MONEY FOR THIS PLACE. DON'T BASH IT LIKE THAT!" she yelled as she tried to get a look at his unapologetic face. 

Dabi paused for a bit, "By the way, I have something I need to tell you..." he said, acting unusually soft. 

"And that is...?" Y/N questioned. 

"...If that psycho decides not to kill you, you should make sure you check in with your friends once in a while. Especially the ones that are like family. So if he does decide to kidnap you, you have someone else who can rescue you," he sighed. 

Y/N studied his tone, which was kinda kind and...sincere? "Whenever you ask questions, you get all weird, and I have a feeling you're trying to insinuate I should talk to some people in particular..." she studied him again but he didn't say anything and just rolled over. 

"...Don't you have something you have to get to?" he reminded her.

She sighed, letting go of the weird comment he had made. She grabbed her phone and keys quickly and headed out the door. 

Let's figure out what Kanaye is really up to.

______________________________________________________

Y/N arrived at the park, and of course, found Kanaye waiting there already. 

"You're a little late," he chuckled as she approached him.

"Yeah sorry, I had my hands full with a certain someone..." she awkwardly chuckled. 

Kanaye put a hand on her shoulder, "He hasn't been too much trouble, has he? Cause I can do something about that if he's a nuisance..." he trailled off. 

Y/N looked at him, a little frightened by his statement, "No, no, he's ok," she fake smiled and waved her hands in front of her, "He hasn't done anything at all but sleep, so I guess he's good company for someone like me who likes quietness..." she rammbled on.

Kanaye interrupted her, "Hmm, isn't that interesting..." he said while turning his gaze to the inside of the park, "Well, why don't we find a spot where we can talk...properly," he said as he started walking with Y/N trailing slightly behind (don't wanna get too close to this guy). 

After walking into the park for a bit and talking about random memories, they finally arrived at a pond with a bench right next to it. 

Great. Just perfect. 

Kanaye and Y/N both sat down, and Y/N could feel the awkwardness seeping out of them both. 

"Hey," she finally said, "You're my friend right?" she asked. Kanaye nodded and smiled to this. "Then, if we are friends and trust each other...why don't you tell me what's going on?" she asked, not trying to hint at her skepticism of him.

Kanaye looked out into the pond for a moment, then sighed, "Well I should come out with the truth shouldnt I," he chuckled as he rubbed the back of his neck. "Ok well, the truth behind it all is that..." he looked at her impatient eyes, "I came back to Japan so that I could work on a secret undercover mission for my agency abroad. We'd been looking into the League and decided that having one of the top hero's from a country the Leauge isn't familiar with would limit suspicion and make the overall process easier," he took a breath, "The only reason Dabi and Shigaraki haven't been doing anything is that we have all their connections and means of escape on surveillance and if they try anything, everything will get taken down. And we are watching them just until some...technicalities get figured out between the American and Japanese branches of hero's." he explained sighing, "That's the full truth..." he said as he smiled back at Y/N's baffled face. 

Y/N didn't say much for a little bit. "...Wow. That was... a lot." she paused, "Well, at least I'm glad that we'll be putting the biggest threat behind bars..." she trailed off. "You are really amazing to be able to pull off a feat practically by yourself..." she praised him as she looked down at her knees. 

Kanaye blushed slightly, "You really think so..?" 

Y/N genuinely smiled at him, "Yeah, I do." 

Kanaye's heart was sent aflutter as he stood up abruptly...

"Y/N, WILL YOU BE MY GIRLFRIEND!? I'VE LIKE YOU FOR A WHILE NOW AND I NEEDED TO SAY IT ONCE AND FOR ALL. SO PLEASE," he bowed really aggressivley, "GO OUT WITH ME, I'LL PROMISE TO MAKE YOU SO HAPPY," he finally took a breath. 

Y/N looked at him in awe.

No no no no-no-no. Someone tell me this is a prank. 

"Kanaye... I-" she was interupped by the ringing of her phone. It was her burner phone.

Oh my gosh, Dabi isn't a complete deadbeat! Thank god he saved me just now. 

"...I," she continued, "Something just came up with the agency right now so I have to go, but..." she stood up and put her hand on his shoulder, "I'll definitely give your proposal some good thought!" she said as she smiled as brightly and cutely as she could.

Kanaye blushed even more, "Yeah... sure! I'll be...waiting!" he said as he watched her fast-walk away. 

I literally owe Dabi, big time. 

(hehe, big time rush)

______________________________________________________

Y/N burst through her apartment door.  She ran over to Dabi, who was on her burner phone doing who knows what, and shook him very aggressivley. 

"HAS ANYONE EVER TOLD YOU HOW MUCH OF A SAINT YOU ARE!?" she said squealing. 

"Asshole is more common, but saint....it's a new one." he joked, but still keeping his carefree vibe. 

"Like, how did you even know I was in a bad spot!? Don't tell my you to have a telepathy quirk you've been hiding~ she said as she slapped him on the back hard. 

He glared at her, "I actually didn't know you were in trouble," Y/N was now confused, "I was just calling you to bring food for me or something. All you have in your pantry is healthy stuff..." he said. 

Wait, he's been through my pantry. NO ONE goes through my pantry. 

She paused and awkwardly laughed, "Well I guess the universe just has really good timing..." she trailed off.

"What was his reason for asking you to go there anyway," Dabi asked. 

"Well...he used it all as a way to ask me out, but not before I asked him about the truth of what this whole thing was..." she said.

 "But the thing is..." she paused, "I know he was lying to me. It was a good lie, but I'm way smarter than he thinks I am," she said cheekily ginning. "So tell me," she said looking straight into Dabi's cool ice eyes, "Where can I get some real information about his plans? You must know someone," she said waiting for a response. 

Dabi didn't say anything, contemplating if he should even help you after you didn't get him any food. "There is one person I guess..."

Wow that was easy.

"A common aquaintence that we share actually." he said.

"Who is it, and where can I find them?" she impatiently asked. 

Dabi sighed, "They're currently in Tartarus prison, but I think you'll be able to see them somehow," he paused. 

"It's your brother, L/N Kaguya."

______________________________________________________

Twissstttssss!

VOTE GOAL: 55

Leave a follow if you wanna~!

That's it for now, a new update next weekend or during the week if I have time. 

Bye bye~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

671K 23.7K 69
"The sky is so tragically beautiful. A graveyard of stars." When a pro-hero passes out across the street from her bar in the middle of a spring storm...
341K 13.7K 125
"Like a mosaic, their broken pieces fit together beautifully" -Unknown No one can keep up with him. He's the man who's too fast for his own good. Mea...
788K 20.3K 94
(Y/N) lives a special life, attending U.A in hopes of one day becoming a pro hero. One day, the number three hero stops by, and your home-room teach...
294 50 24
I was just thrown into an alien invasion along with my psychic fiancé. Great...