Something To Savor

By disney_girl4life24

Daryl and Connie's new blossoming relationship. Short cute moments between the two. Growth and development in... More

Something To Savor
Bow Training
Late Night
Not So Silent
You Make Me Warm
Monthly Notice Pt.2
Overwhemling Price To Pay•Pt.1
Overwhelming Price To Pay•Pt.2•
Overwhelming Price To Pay• Pt.3•
Not an update. Just a question!
Hungry?
A Council Secret
Different Yet The Same
Quick update!
Bittersweet
Subtle Scar
Sneak peeks for future chapter!
Defending Connie Pt.1
Defending Connie Pt.2
Defending Connie Pt.3
Defending Connie Pt.4
Throw your ideas at me! Update
Comfortable & Cozy
Tattle Tale
Any Ideas?
Nightmares Pt.1
Ideas!?
Nightmares Pt.2
THE END OF THIS CHAPTER!

Monthly Notice Pt.1

985 31 4
By disney_girl4life24

Resting a hand on her lower abdomen, her face was scrunched in pain as she sat on a chair in the waiting room waiting for the nurse to come back with some pain killers. She just needed a few to last this week because this start of her week was starting pretty horribly.

It'd been two days already and she'd woke up groggy. It was only when this time of month came around the corner when she'd feel so unusually tired. Impatient in some sense, but mostly in pain from the repetitive aching in her abdomen. She just wanted it to stop and that could never happen unless pills were in hand somewhere. Nervous, she glanced around the waiting room to make sure no familiar faces would pop up to look for her here. This was private matters and she wanted to leave as quickly as she could.

Eyes returning back in front of her, relief was felt when she'd seen the nurse walking towards her. Standing up, she took the pills that were handed to her, signing a thank you as the nurse granted her a goodbye.

Walking outside the sun warmed her skin causing her eyes to squint in its brightness. She kept a neutral look on her face, masking the pain she was feeling inside as she put a pep in her step to get to Michonne's place.

Each step was raising hell. She just wanted to take these pills and lay down. Hoping she'd feel better in an hour or so depending on how fast it would take the pills to kick in. Arriving at the front steps, she managed her way up with a grimace before reaching for the door handle and opening the door.

Inside there wasn't a soul. Closing the door behind her, she made her way down the hallway and to the kitchen. Water was on her mind. She needed something to down the pills that would make this agonizing pain go away. Feeling a sharp pain go through, she grimaced while laying a hand back onto the area that radiated pain causing her to stop in her tracks right in front of the kitchen. Though to her surprise, she'd stumbled upon three familiar faces.

Straightening her posture, immediately she shoved the bottle of pills into her back pocket, face changing into a forced smile when her eyes laid upon Judith who gave her a wave along with a warm smile. She was sitting at the table eating lunch just before her eyes trailed to Daryl who was carrying a sleepy Rj in his arms, holding him to his chest while his other hand hovered above the trash seeming to throw away an empty paper plate.

At the sweet sight a genuine smile danced upon her lips that she couldn't seem to fake. Not able to take her eyes off them until Daryl seemed to sense someone had been standing at the entrance when his eyes met with hers, giving a timid smile.

She gave a wave, walking in and meeting him half way before watching him sign with his free hand.

"You okay if I put him to sleep?"

She gave a nod assuring him that he was more than welcome while he made his way to her. He gave a curt nod eyes meeting with hers before taking a step past her. Feeling him linger beside her for just a second, she was surprise when she'd felt him press a quick kiss onto the side of her head before walking out.

She turned, watching him leave with a genuine warmth written on her face that seemed to fill her body at his brief affection. He was learning. Getting comfortable and that was enough to warm her heart. Disappearing from sight, her eyes returned back to Judith who seemed to have jumped up from her seat while grabbing a small yet soft, fleece like blanket from the chair beside her, shouting something.

"Uncle Daryl!"

Connie made out, as Judith hurried her way towards the doorway before briefly turning around to sign with a look of assurance on her face.

"I'll be right back." Connie's smile grew, giving her a nod before she ran off to return Rj's beloved blanket that he slept with most nights. The boy was rarely seen without it ever since he'd grown to be scared of the dark.

Now alone, Connie turned and headed toward the faucet just before opening up a cabinet for a glass. Filling the glass just half way, she dug her hand into her back pocket and pulled out the faded orange colored bottle and twisted its white, yellowing cap shaking two white colored pills into her palm. Placing the bottle onto the counter, she then popped the pills into her mouth and took a decent sip of her water.

Slightly tilting her head back to help with the swallowing of the pills as they made their way down. Finally with some medicine in her system all she had to do was wait until they kicked in to drive away the aches and pains for the day. 

Hands on the counter, shoulders slumped, she had her eyes closed trying not to think of the pain that had the tendency to spike at moments. Deciding on not wanting to leave the bottle of pills on the counter for anyone to see, she placed them into the cabinet that was already open. While looking at the faded orange bottle she felt distressed.

She didn't need this pain. Not now at least when she had a million things she had to get to this week. There was helping keeping watch over the walls, keeping the gardens well watered and catching up with her group to see what's been going on lately. Not to mention she and Daryl had plans later during sunset to go for a motorcycle ride around the border.

Not wanting to be reminded anymore of what was going on with her body at the moment, she closed the cabinet doors to hide the bottle from her view. Taking a deep breath, she decided she would be better off in her room, laying down and trying to fight the pain away. Though when she'd turned, she'd seen Daryl standing at the entrance of the kitchen causing her heart to jump.

She hoped he hadn't seen the pills..

Giving a forced smile, she could already see a knowing look in his eyes as if he had been reading her from the distance before he made the move to walk towards her first. Feeling her stomach drop, she crossed her arms nervously .

"Judith's with Rj" he informed, voice low and gruff as he kept eye contact," you alrigh'?"

Connie nodded.

"I'm fine" she signed," never been better."

Once said his eyes watched her intently, brows slightly furrowing as if he'd known something wasn't right. As if knowing she was hiding something. She wasn't the only one who knew Daryl was one of the best at having good judgment on people and lying was a rookie move.

Eyes briefly falling to her feet for several seconds, they returned back to his blues that were partially covered with his bangs. Feeling offended when he continued to give the same knowing look, her brows furrowed.

"What?"

He shrugged, giving a light shake of his head,

"Nothin'" he assured before signing," Just thought you had more to tell me."

She rose a brow," you think I'm lying?" She signed.

He didn't move. Didn't say a word except keep his blues on hers. She had no reason to be upset about his sense of knowing, but she didn't want him to what was going on. She was fine. She was..

Instead of dwelling on the angry thought of wanting to just tell him to leave her alone for now, she made the immediate decision to go. Taking a breath before giving a light shake of her head.

"I'm going to lay down."

There wasn't just a hint of knowing in his eyes, but also a glint of something else. He didn't want to push or make her admit to anything she didn't have to admit to. Probably having an internal battle inside his head, Instead of going against her, his eyes fell to the floor for a second or to before he gave a light nod.

"M,kay.."

Guilt rose within. The look in his eyes seemed unreadable before she'd broke their eye contact and walked past him only to feel a hand of his gently tap her shoulder, causing her to stop in her tracks and look over her shoulder.

"Sorry."

Feeling more guilty watching him apologize, she didn't sign back. Instead she gave him one last look before walking out and leaving him behind. During this time her emotions always ran wild. Feeling in control until she didn't sometimes.. He was only trying to help by talking to her to find out what was wrong, but she couldn't tell him. Not yet at least.

They'd been together for a couple months already, but she just hoped he'd catch on soon instead of having to tell him why she was always snapping at him around the middle of each month. She didn't want him to think she wasn't happy with him because she was very happy.

Daryl was one of those good things. He was one of the best things. Not just for her, but for everybody around. With thoughts running through her mind unable to focus on walking, she stopped in the hallway, leaning back onto the wall and closing her eyes. She needed to be alone for now until she could face him again.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

To be continued...

Pt.2 : Daryl's P.O.V

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

36 0 2
Rick and Reader are in a relationship.
93.9K 2.7K 14
*Summary: The reader is new and alone at the quarry's camp, the only one she has is her dog, who seems to be best friends with Daryl Dixon, a not so...
5.1K 197 24
This is a sequel to my first story Crossbow Lovers. You should read Crossbow Lovers first or this may be a little confusing. Tegan and Daryl have a b...
2.6K 44 13
Daryl Dixon love story This takes place before they get to terminus and Rick and Morgan meet sooner. I do not own any walking characters (sadly) Jus...