Conflicted

By the_rebellionxx

Struggling to make ends meet isn't something relatively new to Ada Johnson. Life throws difficulties one way... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Epilogue

Chapter 33

3K 195 131
By the_rebellionxx

Ada Johnson's P. O. V

Being wrapped up in my date's arm and falling asleep was like heaven on Earth. Not a care was to be found as I cuddled up to him that night, his cologne dulling my senses as his soft heartbeat pulled me into a deeper sleep than I have slept in a long time. The next time I come to is quite a few hours later and I can already tell by how well rested I am that it's well into the morning and much later than when I usually wake up. My mind wakes itself up since I'm so refreshed and at ease, my own body snuggling deeper into Gregory's warmth as a particularly cold breeze drifts into the room, so much so that even my hair gets ruffled a bit from the calming wind.

Greg lets out a soft sigh which tickles the inner of my ear, causing me to squirm in place but stop when his husky groan fills the otherwise silent room.

"You should stop moving love." He groans once more as he shifts his body away from me. My own groan reverberates around the room as my legs find his once more, not liking the cold that seeps into the now missing warmth from his sudden movement. I gentle gasp escapes my lips as I find his sweatpants clad legs and intertwine them together, liking the warmth that comes with them. Scooting my upper body forwards, all thoughts come to a halt as I flip around so that my back now faces him. The moving of my position isn't what renders me speechless, rather the altercation which has me pressing into certain parts of him that press back as equally hard.

"Um." Is all I manage to get out, my cheeks turning red as the silence goes on until a chuckle is heard and his chest vibrates throughout my back.

"I told you to stop moving, didn't I?" He questions while I scoff and elbow him as best as I can in a precarious situation like ours. The man, himself, doesn't do anything so instead I find myself scooting forwards till my body is nice and safe from his own waking body that demands attention.

"How about you stop talking and sort yourself out." I grumble, the sleep prevalent in my tone as my once fresh mind starts to sync into the sleep that I so desperately want but definitely don't need. Greg lets out a moan of annoyance as I turn my head towards him, catching the sight of his bare chiselled chest glinting in the sunlight as he braces himself by placing all his weight on his elbows propped up beneath him. My eyes start to fall closed just as Greg starts to make a choking sound. I roll my eyes behind my closed eyelids, already knowing it's due to some over exaggeration on his part but what I hear next has the blood freezing in my veins.

"Hello Gregory."

The heavy baritone of an unfamiliar man's voice has my eyes flirting wide open, locating the source of the voice my gaze grows double in size as I take in the man standing in front of me. Dressed from head to toe in a black immaculate suit with no other colour in sight. The mysterious man's striking blue eyes, darker than that of my Gregory's peer back at me as he tilts his head to the side, almost as if analysing me. His jet black hair falls slightly onto his forward as he clenches his sharp jawline. The action threatening but his face giving nothing away as he stares blankly ahead at the both of us.

Greg seems to be just as much as in a state of shock as I am since he barely utters a word but before either of us can, another voice speaks up, this one not manly at all but very feminine and light. I furrow my brows in confusion, wondering whose about to pop up just as my mind goes back to the day previous when we woke up to much the same way when Eva came barging in.

Is this turning into some sort of unheard of habit that people are acquiring or just a very serious case of deja vu?

"Oh there you are Damien. Honestly, why did you even wander off? I've been trying to find yo-," The woman cuts herself off as she comes to an abrupt halt in front of the entrance to the room, right besides a still quiet Damien. Her gaze flits between the three of us but settles on me as her lip quirks up at the side slightly. I blink back at the both of them, unaware of how to handle this situation. Luckily for me, my eyes lower and land on someone familiar. The tiny baby girl in the, now, mystery woman's hand waves shyly at me causing my own smile to flood my face as I wave back at her.

Ellisa gurgles in her mother's arms before squirming around, trying to get out of the stronghold she's kept in as she scrounges around for the person beside her. Damien immediately snaps out of his assessment of us as he turns to his child, his eyes softening visibly as a smile graces his face just as he picks up the gurgling baby and holds her tightly to his chest. I can't help as my own heart tightens at the two, the sight utterly adorable.

Gregory coughs loudly as he raises a hand to scratch the back of his head sheepishly.

"Not that I don't like having the three of you around but why exactly are you here?" He grumbles as he gets out of the bed, leaving me exposed and all alone while he trudges to the couple and without batting an eye, pulls the baby out of a now disgruntled Damien who scowls fiercely at the other man.

"Um well we needed you to take care of Elissa for us but I can see you're a bit, um, busy." The woman comments with a wink while my face blushes even brighter than I thought possible.

Gregory grins brightly as he presses a soft kiss to the side of Elissa's side who grabs onto his ear since it's within reach, the man winces slightly before slipping back into his grin as he shrugs at the two people in front of him.

"I don't mind at all Serena. She's an angel." He coos the last words while my mind runs back to the first time I met the baby and he told me she was a devil because of the temper she got from her red headed mother. I raise an eyebrow but don't say anything, especially when all three of them turn to me now.

"It's alright isn't it Ada?" Gregory questions while I bite my lip, looking between all of this. Of course I'd love to look after the little princess but considering how I'm a complete stranger to the couple, I don't think they'd appreciate it all too much. Concealing the fact that I, of course, looked after her just a few days ago. I glance back at them all before wetting my lips as I finally nod.

"Um, yeah of course. I'd love to look after Elissa, if you both don't mind that is." My voice comes out barely above a whisper since the man's gaze keeps me much too intimidated to say anything else. Feeling incredibly perturbed, I look away from him and instead to the red headed woman named Serena who smiles brightly at me. Returning her smile, I try my best to not want to throw myself under the covers as Damien speaks up.

"Is this the girlfriend you were telling me about a few days ago, Gregory?"

My mouth falls open as does Serena's as she eyes me with confusion before glancing back at Greg who stands there for a split second in shock but then shuffles slightly, holding the baby out in front of him as some sort of shield while she just dangles in his arms carefree.

"Girlfriend?" Serena and I both question at the same time while my mind temporarily glitches and I refocus on the man calling Greg by his proper name. My supposed boyfriends coughing shoots me back into the present as he blushes a slight red before shrugging his shoulders.

"I mentioned that to you in confidentiality." He mutters in a voice so low I nearly misheard him.

"Damien tells me everything so you messed up there," Serena comments off handedly just as her eyes shoot towards me once more, "But why is it that this sounds like new news to Ada as it does me?" This time a smirk is apparent as I finally cross my arms and turn my stare towards Gregory again who goes even redder in the face.

"Well you beat me to it didn't you. We went on our first date like literally yesterday. Leave us alone and get out." He grumbles as he cradled Ellisa firmly to his chest once again.

Serena lets out a gentle laugh as she grabs Damien by the arms, shooting Gregory a teasing look before she mentions how they'll be in the living room. I assume it's to give the both of us some privacy as Damien grabs his child from Greg's unrelenting hands. When the door shuts behind them, I chew on my lip as I start to move out of the bed till I'm standing awkwardly to the side, not even knowing how to properly act now. All the while the man who's making me feel this way gazed innocently at the ground as if all the secrets of the world lay at his feet.

"So," I drag out timidly, not sure what to expect especially when he raises his eyes till they clash with mine. Blue against green.

"I'm sorry about that. I gave Damien the key to my house a while back and he lets himself in sometimes. Especially when he wants me to babysit his kid for a few hours." He says nonchalantly as if Damien didn't mention anything about a girlfriend of any sorts. "I should really stop giving my keys out to people." He continues while a thousand questions run through my head.

What if I wasn't the girl Gregory was talking about when he referred to someone as his girlfriend? But Damien mentioned Gregory telling him a few days ago. Unable to stop myself, my mind flashes back to Chrissie and how there was a possibility, no matter how slight, that he could have been talking about her. Disappointment crashes into me as reality slaps me in the face, my eyes turning misty at the mere thought.

"No! Ada, don't even think it." Gregory announces loudly, causing me to nearly jump in fright at his sudden booming voice. Raising my eyes to meet his, I'm not surprised to find him standing directly in front of me with a stern expression on his, blond hair all mussed up and sticking every which way in the air as he frowns down at me through narrowed baby blue eyes.

"Think about what?" I try to question as innocently as possible but he doesn't buy it as he scoffs at my words.

"I was talking about you. Not Chrissie. Don't even think that. Like I said before, I don't know why I was interested in her but I'm not anymore. I like you. Only you. That day I went to Damien's house and it just slipped out of my mouth." He says with a simple shrug of his left shoulder. Not sure if I'm being extremely gullible or not, I can't help but to slowly smile at his words as I fall for them within the same second.

"So it just slipped out?" I joke to which he rolls his eyes and leans towards me, rubbing the both of our noses before gently kissing me. The thought of my morning breath runs through my mind, nearly spoiling the endearing moment but he doesn't seem to care at all which results in my returning the kiss just as intensely.

"I have plans to ask you to be mine but I'm thinking of wooing for your love just a little bit longer. A few more dates here and there." He confesses much to my blatant delight. A soft giggle escapes me as I violently nod my head, loving the way he returns my amusement with his own soft chuckles.

"Now come on and let's see what the hell those two idiots have playing up their sleeves." He grumbles but the joy still evident in his eyes as we leave the bedroom and trudge our way down the stairs till we find the couple in the living room with Ellisa laying on her back on a colourful mat as she plays with a stuffed teddy that she holds high in the air.

"We're going to have some us time. We pick her up at ten and no she cannot stay the night. Everything you need is in the bag but if there is something that she needs that isn't available, don't bother calling us because I won't pick up. Goodbye." Damien says curtly as he stands up, pulling the gorgeous redhead up with him who shakes her head at her husbands behaviour but not budging further.

"If that's alright by you, that is. If you're busy we can try for another day when you're free." She gently asks as she looks in between us with a knowing smile.

Gregory shakes his head at the both of them while he motions with his hand towards the front door, "I don't know what the urgency is but sure go ahead. Leave me be with the two most grouchy females on planet Earth." The man easily dodged the glare I send his way with an easy going chuckle while Damien scoffs.

"I haven't had sex in a week. I need some we time." He says nonchalantly as I try my best to stifle a laugh.

"Thanks for the offer babe but your wife is in the room with us." Greg says, throwing in a flirty wink that's met with an eye roll from Damien.

"All you two think about is sex, jeez. Well we'll be going." Serena announces before sending her baby one last longing look as Damien and Serena bend down to smother their baby with some more love.

"I've thought about it a lot, haven't been doing it though." Greg mutters as he glances at me wearily from the corner of his eyes while I let out a gasp of shock before smacking him not so gently.

"That's our cue to go." Serena says coyly as they bid us adieu and rush out of the front door while I glare at the man besides me who gives me back one of his charming grin.

"Who's excited for a baby's day out?"

————————-

AN: Helloooooo. I hope you all liked this chapter. For all of you Damien readers, did you enjoy the small tidbit hehe.

Question: Would you rather be a giant hamster or a tiny rhino?

Please remember to:

Vote
Comment
&
Share

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.4M 805K 64
Alexander James is at the top of the food chain with his multi billion dollar company. Just the sound of his name makes men's blood boil in jealousy...
1.3M 36K 29
Amaya Rose. she is sweet and also very good at baking. she ignores her attraction for him because she doesn't know who he is, all she knows is that h...
14.4K 696 46
They were polar opposites. He was demanding, manipulative and dominant. His demeanor was arrogant, mean and insulting. His aura of power, darkness a...
61 0 8
Emily is a college student that takes pride in her school work, she rarely ever goes out to parties. She likes to keep to her self and has a few real...