Syndicate: Project Rye [Kenda...

ezeywolf27 द्वारा

World Crime Investigating Agency (W . C . I . A.) Is an unknown group of investigators organized by trusted... अधिक

Welcome Detective!
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13

Prologue

5.1K 158 9
ezeywolf27 द्वारा

Detective Y/L/N, please proceed to the generals office.” an electronic voice coming out of the speaker hidden from the upper corners of the room reverberated, catching all of our attention.

A loud snort came from infront of me, making me look up and shoot a glare at the person while I stood up from my seat and rounded the cubicle.

Walking down the path heading outside the department. “What's so funny fuck face?” I hissed at my co-worker, not waiting for a reply I slammed the doors shut behind me and my eyes immidiately study the scene in front.

It was a busy day at the agency, the buzz of voices filled the main hall while each individual carried stack of papers that were tucked under their arm, coming in and out of the glass doors of their own departments then rushing across the hall in swift motion to avoid bumping on someone and towards another department for case record. It's always been the same task of the workers for the past few years since the agency was built. When I first work here I had told myself that I wouldn't let my work life feel like a broken record, that only repeat the same boring task everyday. But turns out I really did turn out to be like them, it was inevitable.

In the center of the room a five feet wide gray marbled stairway with a dark burgundy carpet flowed down from the large oak double doors to the end of the staircase where I stood, after I crossed the busy hall and managed avoid easy so annoy workers. My hand felt the smooth surface of the black matted iron handrail as I trail up the stair in irritation.

I could've sworn I didn't drop off records to another department, the drug department to be specific, and I'm certain that our department made sure of that. Because apparently I'm not welcome since the head of their department and I had a stupid argument.

My knuckles tapped the thick, hard surface of the door signaling the person inside the room that I have arrived. I waited until I hear a faint click before I turn the knob and quietly entered the room. The sound of my footsteps muffled by the rug under my feet as I walked deeper into the room.

A familiar old, gray haired man stood up to his feet, his wrinkles got more noticeable when his eyes squint as he smiled widely at my arrival infront of his desk.

“Detective Y/L/N, great to see you again.” He greeted as I firmly shake his hand after reaching out his arm.

He opened his mouth again but before he could speak I interrupted him. “Sir I assure you, I didn't speak to her again aft-”

“Calm down, Y/L/N.” He cuts you off with a throaty chuckle, seeing your expression. “You're not in trouble if that's what you were worried about.”

I let out a sigh of relief. “Then what's this all about?” I asked, trying to sound nice.

The general clasped his calloused palms together. “Tell me Y/L/N, what do you feel about work right now?” He calmly asked, staring directly at me.

“It feels like shit sitting 8 to 9 hours every day sir.” I bluntly stated, without thinking through what was coming out of my mouth. Internally groaning at myself at my stupidity for not remembering who I was talking to, I look down guiltily. “Forgive me, sir.”

“No no, it's alright.” He assured with a reassuring smile. “I wanted your serious answer, and that's what you gave me.” He then waved his hand and motioned for me to continue.

I nodded and parted my lips. “It was not that easy to get in to the agency sir, considering that it's the most unknown and top secret organization. And when I did I've always thought that I would be working on something that I knew  would change my life but... I never expect I would work behind a computer recording files and deciphering codes.”

I said truthfully. It really was hard getting into the agency, especially knowing about it and its existence. It was like working my ass off to crawl in a hole that I would not fit into, fortunately I did. It began when I was only an intern at Central Intelligence Association, a famous word on the office that there was somehow an organization higher than the CIA, and I'm pretty sure they said it was better than the FBI. But it was only just rumors. I mentioned about it with my supervisor since he's been working in the CIA through half of his life, and he effortlessly debunked the idea of it and yelled at me to get back to work.

But it didn't stop me from discovering it.

I later found out that he was working for the exact secret agency, known as World Crime Investigation Agency. At first I expected him to be furious about my new found information when I confronted him about it and later someone will find my body somewhere in the ocean or rivers floating, but what he did surprised the hell out of me, he referred me to the general of WCIA. According to them the only persons who get accepted in the agency is the ones who proved its existence, and let me tell you it was undeniably hard to find out. Fast forward after finishing college and getting my degree, I landed a job in the agency, and here I am standing in front of the general discussing my job experience in his Agency for the past 2 years.

The general nodded his head in understanding. “I get what you're talking about and I'm willing to change that.”

My head slightly tilt from his words. “What do you mean?”

“I'm giving you a promotion,” He declared, pausing momentarily as his face flashed into a serious look. “We're forming a unit to handle a serious case and I want you to be one of it.”

“Me?” I froze in my spot, trying sink the news in my head. A lot of emotions were swirling inside me right now, and I don't know what the proper way to react in this situation, especially infront of my boss.

“Yes, I trust you with this case and I'm certain that you'll be perfect for the job.” He explained and stood up from his seat and extending his hand towards me. “So what do you say? you up for it?”

His words were enough to make a huge smile burst in my face, excitement vibrating in my body that I could almost feel that I wanted to jump in happiness but hold it in.

I nodded vigorously, grabbing his hand a little too eager. “I'm in sir, I promise I will do my best and not let you down.”

“Good, but there is one crucial condition though.” He informs as he pulled his hand back to his side. I falter for a moment, waiting for him to continue. “This case is highly classified and cannot be discussed outside and to others who aren't involved.”

Nodding my head in comprehension. “Understood, sir.”

“We organized a base not far from here, I'll send you the location.” He informs, sitting back down and typed into his computer. “We'll discuss the details of your work along with your peers tomorrow so I expect you to be there before noon, and don't worry I'll inform the head of your department that you'll be excused until further notice.”

With all that he said I just kept nodding. I heard a ping from the phone at my back pocket and I instantly know what it is. The general shift his attention back to me with an unsure look. “It seems that my record here is missing something, What department are you again?”

“Human Trafficking department.”

-

Closing the generals office door behind me I silently descend the stairs, there was light enthusiastic hop like in my steps that I notice were attracting other people, but I don't care. Swerving my way though the crowded hall I finally arrived at my department and gently pushed the glass door open.

“Looks like somebody's happy.” Just as I entered the room I hear someone comment. My smile immediately fall, I didn't notice I was smiling through out the walk. “Didn't get fired yet?”

“None of your business.” I told him, passing by his desk and took a seat in my cubicle.

I sat in my desk, silently and unmoving, eyes wandering around my things as if memorising it. It was unexpected but I guess it would be my last day seeing these clutter. On my desk, laying infront of me, were unfinished cryptic codes that has about two or three pages long, on the walls are post-it notes of already decoded symbols, and then on the side are stacks of unorganised letters, entries and photo clippings that should be rearrange then sent to the other department for record. These take serious work and needed huge amount of attention because one wrong move and I practically jeopardise a life, this things literally took long amount of hours in my life, and I can't wait starting a new one.

Though I would be lying if I say that I wouldn't miss working on this.

Grabbing my pen that was resting on the middle of the papers, I scribbled down letters and symbols that was crossing my mind while scanning the cryptic message again, trying work back on the codes I left off before I went to the generals office. I guess I just wanted to spend my remaining time of the day to work on this for the last time.

Because I'll never know what my life will turn out after this.

-

Rolling down the window from the drivers seat where I'm in, I crane my neck halfway through the window and scanned the surroundings. For a location that will be used for something classified, I'm starting to assume that they really didn't thought about picking a neat place because they're more focused on the case. I maneuver by the curb and turned off the engine before getting out my car, I stood on the side walk and gazed up the structure towering me. A medium sized single storey building with old grey brick walls, some of it already had fallen off and smashed into pieces and three long windows lining up on opposite side were blurred with thick dust.

Stepping my foot over the other, I approached the rustic steel door and turn my head from left to right, looking around to see if someone followed me, which is entirely impossible since I'm not that type of person who looked like suspicious, yet to say at least. I rolled my hands into fist and pound them on the door then waited, I hope the general sent me the right location because this place is eerily creepy. Hearing a sound of a metal grinding against another, a pair of eyes appeared through a small rectangular hole just below the level of my height.

The pair of eyes glared at me, scanning me from head to toe as if I'm a threat. “What's your business here?”

“Detective Y/L/N.” I replied, glaring back the same amount of intensity he's giving me. “From WCIA, I'm here for a meeting.” The hole slammed shut, making me blink. The fuck is this guys problem?

The metal doors heavily drag open and I came face to face with a large over six feet tall man wearing an all black clothing with a gun strapped around the side of his hips. Entering the building, I watch him slammed the door shut before resting his hands in front of him and stood still, his chin nod that was directing me down the hall where I can see another door at the end, signaling me to continue walking.

The hall was slightly dim from the soft blueish-green lights lining down the hall from the edge of the ceiling, and every step I'm taking I could feel my nerves just by the sweat of my palms that I repeatedly rub against my jeans. Reaching the end and standing before the synthetic door, I placed my palm against it and leisurely pushed it forward as I enter the vicinity. My eyes was met by an amazing scene unfolding Infront of me, standing from an elevated metal grid floor I gazed at an oversized monitor occupying the large part of the wall, its screen showed a large logo of the agency.

My eyes shifts down, infront of the monitor was a wide gray oval shaped table with leather chairs surrounding it, I could see some of the chairs were already occupied by a group of unfamiliar figures with only one chair left out. Strolling down the metal stairs connected from the side, I silently approached them and immediately caught the attention of the general sitting at the curve of the table where he can be seen clearly by the ones siting from the sides.

He pushed his chair back and stand up while he watched me set myself down on an empty seat, people around shoot me a spare glance before turning their attention away and towards the general who was lifting a stack of folders that was resting on the table.

“Now that we're all here, let's start.” He strut out from his place and walked around behind us, tossing each one a silver colored folder on the table in front of us. “The folder contains details about the person who would be an important part in the case, so I want you all to look into it.” The general explained, gesturing at the folders.

“Ones you start your mission I want you all to refrain yourselves from using your personal information, in the folder you can find your new identity that you'll be using until the case is finished.”

I shift my gaze to the folder, running my hand against the surface, staring at the white logo at the center. “Your new name is indicated at the bottom of the folder, it is a title of your project, from now on you will use that name when introducing yourself outside.”

My fingers trailed across the white bold letters printed at the bottom of the logo, reading the letters one by one.

Project :Rye

Unedited.

What do you lovelies think of the prologue?

Follow me:

twttr: imcoolasblue
insta: riee. aigle27

पढ़ना जारी रखें

आपको ये भी पसंदे आएँगी

36.6K 1K 32
Mackenzie is no stranger to the world of fashion. But what happens when she becomes the personal assistant to one of the hottest CEOs of the industry?
5.6K 288 11
**This is a short story** After the tragic passing of her parents in a car accident, Beckett Arlo was taken in by her uncle following her college gra...
Circles | K.J L द्वारा

फैनफिक्शन

263K 2.9K 25
A gxg story about Kendall Jenner in high school & a few years after 🍑 = Smut Highest ranks : #1 in kyliejenner #1 in kendalljenner