Shut Up & Listen

By vonize-Arie

a story about falling in and out of love. Bear with me, this is my first book! Book 1: Published 02/2020, Com... More

shut up & listen
the check up (intro):
the trip downtown (one):
the trip downtown (two):
the need to know:
que lio (what a mess):
que lio: the remix (ft. kwabena):
WILD IS THE WIND
TAKE CARE
.FEEL ME.
BLACK
Reality Check
Fear Not
INTERLUDE
Prelude To Initiation
INITIATION
EMOTION-LESS
Keep It Together
Flipped It
UNHOLY WAR
ROSE COLORED GLASSES
Ctrl
DAMN.
Collective: Part One
Collective: Part Two
.WHAT DO YOU MEAN.
LET IT ALL OUT THEN
DIDN'T CHA KNOW
MOONLIGHT SONATA
WABI SABI
INTERLUDE : BOOK TWO
Like Old Times?
A Niggas Needs
MisUnderstood
The Living Dead
Always, My Brother
(UN)Familiar
LaLuna
The Witching Hour
Whitney & Bobby... and Robyn
F U M B L E
C L E V A
T a l k T o M e
Out My Mind, Just In Time : part one
Out My Mind, Just In Time : part two
Out My Mind, Just In Time: part three
Out My Mind, Just In Time: part four
Heller?
GodSpeed
do not cross
Safe
chey & sadΓ©: a commentary
feels like...
Untitled Part 54
Luv, Actually
Baby Blues
where's your loyalty?
days in the west
LUV: Listen
LUV: Understand
LUV: Validate
Manifest
[another one]
qtna
A child with the blues
interlude: War, what is it good for?
Backseat
Oh No, I Hope I Don't Fall
Whipped Cream
Old Familiar
HEAVY SIGH : an interlude
When Brothers Father: Part One
When Brothers Father: Part Two
4K
Breaking In
Blood On Me
Where Did The Night Go
the check up, outro (finale)
ayooo 😭
FOR THE PEOPLE WHO FEEL
[re] born : (book 3) ACT ONE
INTERLUDE : BOOK THREE
1.lost ones
2. get back
3. stained glass
interlude: OGs
4. and i wonder if u know...
5. uncle sam, goddam
6. Mrs. Midnight
QUESTION
7. Until Tomorrow
8. don't trip
9. that motherfucker is not real!
10. puff daddy
11. crissed crossed energy
12. Keeper of the flame
13. f**k the world (1)
14. f**k the world (2)
15. evil eye
an interlude πŸ’•
16. Maverik & the times (1)
17. But, am I the drama?
18. Maverik & the times (2)- Holle's interlude
interlude of options
19. You've got to learn
[baby]boy: (book 3) ACT TWO
21. Prelude to Interruption
22. Interruption
23. On the Way to the Show
24. Free Shows
25. No more playing house
ayo, wanna know what's next?

Fight or Flight

1.5K 110 28
By vonize-Arie

Cobe

Ordinarily, Lonnie and I are a very relaxed duo. I know everything about him. We finish each others thoughts, I know what he needs before he even asks, but I have no clue what to do with him now. He isn't frantic, but he isn't relaxed either. I understand that he's in excruciating pain but I don't know what to do and he cant even tell me. I think he's dead. But he's breathing?

Cole told me not to call the police but What the fuck am I supposed to do?! I leave the front room and head to the bathroom and lock the door.

A few minutes after I fled the scene, I hear Cole talking to someone.

"Shit, I really hope that ain't Oz." I pace back and forth in the bathroom.

Aight nigga relax! Relax, relax, relax.

After a few minutes of attempting to calm myself down, I hear the front door open. The footsteps crossing the room are swift and heavy. I sit on the toilet and burry my face in my hands. Then I hear a deep accented voice.

Okay, it isn't Oz.

I let out the breath that I didn't know I was holding in and stand up, facing myself in the mirror.

Shit, stop being a bitch Cobe, get it together... get it together.

I wet my face and dry it with a towel. After a few more seconds of internal yelling, I unlock the bathroom door and make my way down the hall, slowly. I peek around the corner into the front room and see an unfamiliar man talking on the phone beside Cole.

"Yeah, but will I have to bring him myself or is there an ambulance available?" MacAruthur spoke calmly into the phone.

"Aight, man. Yo I really appreciate it Doc."

"Mhm, I'll be there in about fifteen minutes"

After gathering my emotions, I walk back into the front room.

"Aye Cobe, this Lonnie pops." I greet him and shake his hand.

"He got help waiting at the hospital, we gotta get him in the car. Help me out." I wanted to help, but I couldn't make my legs move. They felt heavy as if I were cemented to the floor. My ears were ringing and my vision blurred watching the scene before me. The blood, an unconscious body on the floor... the yelling for me to do something... anything... why does this keep happening? I could only faintly hear Cole's urgent calling, "Ayo Cobe? C'mon man?"

"I got it, c'mon man grab his legs." MacArthur replied to Cole.

"Time is of the essence nigga, ya boy already bleedin the fuck out Cobe."

"Yo leave him be, we ain't got time."

My feet are still stuck like glue to the floor. Once their bodies left the threshold of the front door with my nigga in hand, a tear escaped my eye and rolled down my cheek.

It's all my fault.

———————————————————————

Approx 12 minutes after

Cobe POV

Oz pulled up a little bit after Lonnie pops came and got him. I was sitting on the couch in a daze while Cole was outside on the phone with God knows who. I turned my head to Oz who was standing over me. He was yelling at me but I was fresh out of feelings. All I could do was watch him, and that pissed him off even more.

Oz slammed his keys on the coffee table and the sound snapped me out of the daze I was in.

I rise off of the couch and push past Oz making my way to the kitchen. My throat is burning from holding back my tears. I wish I was numb. I wish I didn't give a fuck. This shit hurt so bad.

I knew Oz would follow me to the kitchen. I don't know what he was saying to me back in the living room, but what he said next, Damn, I heard that shit loud and clear.

"Damn Cobe. You just keep it up with the stupid Shìt dont you?"

"I told you I wasn't messing with him no more! I told him to leave me alone, he just wouldn't listen."

"How long I been telling you about the company you keep though? Why you keep acting like a dumb bitch Kwabena? You a grown ass man, I'm really getting sick of this shit! You just had-"

"Wooow Oz really? I'm a dumb bitch now?" My cheek is burning and I know it's gonna be red. He really fucking smacked me?! I have my fists balled up at my sides. If he wasn't my father I'd blow his shit out.

"Watch yo mouth"

"I'm grown, and I only repeated what you said."

"Well yo grown ass almost got killed by a dumb ass nigga over some dick. You not smart. That's dumb shit"

That's it...

"I ain't no bitch nigga, and I ain't fucking dumb! I can't control what the fuck other niggas do! I ain't God!" I snapped, it's like all my emotions came rolling over my eyes blinding me and taking my sense of respect with it. As I spoke, I wiped my arm across the counter knocking over everything.

Oz punched me in the chest causing me to double over.

"NIGGA, THE FUCK YOU TALKING TO?!"  He yelled, disgust spread across his face.

You would think that being punched in the chest would bring me back to reality, but that shit just set me off. Oz and I went at it punching, yelling, throwing shit, for at least two minutes before Cole decided to bring his ass in the house.

I don't know how, but Cole managed to get Oz and I to relax and we settled on the couch. I really am trying to hold my shit together. I fucked up and I'm only reaping the consequences. My baby could die and according to Cole, I've started a war. I can't hold it in anymore and I just allow the tears to flow.

A long time ago, my momma taught me that crying isn't a bad thing. She said it's release of emotions, a cleansing of the soul. But after she died, I thought my tears had dried up. I thought I would never feel a sincere emotion ever again. And I hadn't.

"Aye Cole, give us some time yeah?" Per my pops request, Cole gets up to leave the room. I really want him to stay. I want him to hold me and kiss me and whisper to me that everything is alright.

Once Cole leaves the room, Oz speaks up.

"I asked you to handle that shit OUTSIDE of my home"

I can't even respond. I can't believe this nigga is on me like this right now. Nigga, fuck this house!

"I offered to help you. I know how thuggin ass niggas be but you couldn't trust me enough to let me help you?"

"This ain't about 'chu Oz."

"Oh yeah? Then why the fuck is it my porch that's covered in blood then? Why the fuck did Mr. Loward call my phone then? Huh? Been in this neighborhood sixteen years and ain't neva' se-"

I suck my teeth at him. I can't believe this shit. I get up off the couch and start picking up stuff off the dining room table placing them in boxes.

"I ain't done talking to you Kwabena."

I continue packing the rest of my shit so I can leave.

"Yo, you being real disrespectful Kwabena."

"Yeah, go ahead and getcho shit man, ion wanna see you for a while bruh."

"Bet." Was the the most respectful response I could come up with. I call Cole to help me out with my last boxes and we head out. After we unloaded the truck and returned it, I asked Cole to come back to the apartment with me.
———————————————

I stood in front of him while he sat on my bed. I removed my chain, then my shirt. I watched him watch me. I then removed my shoes followed by my sweats. I left my boxers on and went down on my knees in front of him. I unbuttoned his jeans and he removed them. I wet my lips with my tongue and licked his tip. Then I went down on him. I gave him a sloppiest blow job I could. I had him squirming and groaning and gripping up the sheets. He was fucking my throat and I let him.

After he came down my throat I told him to wait for me while I went to take a shower.

In the shower I cried, I let out my screams and my moans and I cried for Lonnie. My cries echoed down the hall catching Cole's ear. He came to my rescue. In the shower he held me and kissed me and whispered to me that everything is alright.

I held his face in my the palms of my hand and brought his face up to mine. We kissed passionately and his hands ran down to my ass. He gripped it causing me to moan into his mouth. I felt his dick jump up against my own.

He let his hand fall between my cheeks and he rubbed a finger against my hole, eventually letting it slip in. He fingered me before turning me around.

He whispered in my ear while he held my waist lining my ass up with his dick.

"You got me Cobe. I got you"

He pushed the tip of his dick into my ass and it took me no time to open up for him. We fucked in the shower and he came inside of me. We cleaned up our mess and returned to the bedroom.

We laid together. We laid in silence for at least five minutes before Cole broke it.

"Do you love him?"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

620K 28.8K 56
-COMPLETED- As if being the Sheriff's son wasn't stressful enough, he had to go fall, and get knocked up by Lakewood notorious bad boy who used to be...
203K 7.2K 82
Even though I'm a mess and I still don't think I'm good enough for him, I want to date him. I haven't managed to scare him off with my panic attacks...
1.5M 30.9K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
331K 19.9K 63
NOTE: THIS IS A SEQUEL TO EYES ON US STORY! PLEASE READ BOOK ONE FIRST BEFORE READING THIS ONE. STORY ARE FOR MATURE AUDIENCES ONLY! ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~...