Marichat May 2020

By ColoradoPeculiar

One shots in honor of a month dedicated to my favorite love-square ship! Disclaimer: I don't own Miraculous L... More

Introduction
Day One: Truth or Dare
Day Two: Plagg
Day Three: Conflicted
Day Four: Drawings
Day Five: Fashion Show
Day Six: Homework
Day Seven: Sunset
Day Eight: First Kiss
Day Ten: First Date
Day Eleven: Hiding
Day Twelve: Video Games
Day Thirteen: Presents
Day Fourteen: Redecorating
Day Fifteen: Dancing
Day Sixteen: Roses
Day Seventeen: Reveal
Day Eighteen: Jealousy
Day Nineteen: Umbrella
Day Twenty: Picnic
Day Twenty-One: Karaoke
Day Twenty-Two: Chat Blanc
Day Twenty-Three: Comfort
Day Twenty-Four: Side Effects
Day Twenty-Five: Baking
Day Twenty-Six: Signs
Day Twenty-Seven: MultiNoir
Day Twenty-Eight: Game Night
Day Twenty-Nine: School Visit
Day Thirty: Soulmates
Day Thirty-One: Knight in Shining Leather
Author's Note
Other Works

Day Nine: Confession

1.6K 47 75
By ColoradoPeculiar

Here's part two out of three! Day after tomorrow we will go back to the normal one-shots! This one-shot is rated teen. Thanks for reading make sure to comment and vote if you've enjoyed!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA" Was all Adrien Agreste could hear after he let go of his transformation that night.

"Shut it, Plagg."

"HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!" He continued to laugh, to Adrien's dismay.

"Plagg please stop." He mumbled. Plagg could hear the desperation in his voice, so he stopped laughing. He may make fun of the boy from time to time, but there WAS a line.

"Kid, you realize what you just did right?" Adrien flopped down on his bed and groaned.

"Yes. I just did the one thing I promised myself that I would not do."

"She's just a fr-."

"Don't you dare finish that sentence." Adrien growled.

"Look kid, didn't she kiss you back?" Plagg asked. 

"Yeah, and it was amazing so soft and sweet and ugh! I want to kiss her again and again!" Adrien sighed a love-sick sigh. "But I can't she doesn't like me that way." He frowned.

"How do you know that?" Plagg asked. Adrien turned to look at the Kwami.

"What?" 

"How do you know that she doesn't feel the same way?"

"Well because-"

"Let me stop you there, kid. You said she kissed you back, right?"

"Yeah?" Plagg waited for him to get it. "Oh my gosh she kissed me back! She didn't pull away or anything! Oh my gosh Plagg! Do you think she might like me?" Adrien bolted up in his bed looking at his kwami and expression of shock and hope.

"I'd bet my entire cheese stash on it." He nodded. Adrien fell back on his bed, grinning up at the sky.

"She likes me."

"He likes me." Were the first words out of Marinette's mouth after Chat Noir left. She turned to look at Tikki, who had come out of hiding. She nodded in silent affirmation.

"Seems that way."

"I can't believe he likes me!" Marinette grinned. "This is the first time this has happened to me. I'm a little nervous about what it means if I'm being honest." Marinette giggled. Sure, there had been Luka, but she never made it official between the two of them. And she knew now that whatever she felt for Luka, it wasn't love, what she felt for Chat Noir on the other hand....

"Don't worry Marinette! You're the Ladybug to his Chat Noir!"

"Not that he knows that."

"Don't worry, Mari, sooner or later he will know and he'll be overjoyed!" 

"It just seems like I'm lying to him." 

"Well, when he tells you his identity, you can tell him yours." Tikki told her.

"Really Tikki? You'd let me?" Tikki giggled and nodded.

"Oh thank you Tikki!" Tikki flew up and hugged Marinette's cheek.

"You deserve it."

"I just hope he'll come back. He will come back, right?"

"I promise you Marinette, he'll come back. Chat isn't one to abandon people."

"That's true. I wonder when he fell for me as Marinette."

"Well, I'm not sure. Sometimes during your nightly visits perhaps."

"Which still begs the question, why did he start visiting me in the first place! I mean it's not like we know each other in real life."

"You should get some rest, Marinette, you have school tomorrow and it's already pretty late."

"I guess you're right Tikki, but it's going to be next to impossible to sleep now."

Neither Marinette nor Adrien got much sleep that night, there thoughts were solely on the other and wondering what it all meant.

Adrien made up his mind that he had to confess to her tonight, she deserved an explanation. She deserved the world.

The two of them entered the day in a fog both anxious for what the night would hold. Marinette just wanted to see Chat again, there was no doubt about that. He was her Kitty and she was his Lady, even if he didn't realize it.

"H-hey Marinette!" A voice broke her out of her thoughts. She looked up to see a boy standing in front of her.

"Hey Adrien! How are you?"

"I'm alright, I had an eventful night last night." He told her sitting down next to her. Marinette laughed.

"Bet it's not as eventful as mine." She said winking.

'Actually Princess, that's where you're wrong.' He thought ruefully.

"Maybe, maybe not. Anyway, what are you doing tonight? Have any plans?" Adrien asked hopefully. If Marinette found this odd, she didn't say anything.

"No, I have a ton of designs to work on, so I'll be at home."

"You know I still want a rematch of UMS 3."

"You wanna get your butt beat again?" Marinette teased. She looked so beautiful to Adrien the only thing stopping him from kissing her was the fact that they were in the public courtyard.

"I wouldn't be so sure." He loved talking to her. He could talk to her all day if he wasn't so busy. The two continued to talk about everything and nothing all at the same time. 

These few small moments with Marinette were the times he knew he would treasure for the rest of his life. No matter what went down between Chat and Marinette, he knew that Adrien and Marinette would always remain good friends. If luck was truly on his side, perhaps they would be more than friends.

'Woah there, Adrien, don't get ahead of yourself. You still have to make it through tonight.' He honestly hoped that tonight would work out perfectly, but then again, he was he bearer of bad luck.

The school day passed in flash and in slow-motion all at the same time. As much as he was nervous about tonight, he also knew that as soon as he got it out there, he would feel 100% better.

Marinette, in the meanwhile, was currently freaking out. It was after school and she had ran out of things to do to distract her.

"I did all my homework, all my chores, finished up the design projects. Tikki, what should I do next?" Marinette was pacing around the room.

"Well, maybe you should take a break?" The kwami innocently suggested. Marinette shook her head.

"I can't do that, Tikki, taking a break would force me to think and I don't want to think right now."

"Why not?"

"Why not? Because if I get to thinking about what happened last night then I'll spiral."

"Well you can't just ignore what happened between you Chat Noir forever!"

"No you're right. I can't ignore it forever." Tikki smiled glad she talked some sense into her holder. "But I'm sure as hell going to try!" Marinette exclaimed which made Tikki sigh in exasperation.

"Look, Marinette, why are you making this out to be a bad thing? You guys kissed! He likes you back! And I'm allowing you to tell him your identity when he tells you his. What are you so scared of?" Marinette hesitated for a moment before answering.

"I'm afraid of what's going to happen in the far off future. If we get together we either break up or get married."

"I don't understand why that's a bad thing, Mari."

"Because Tikki, I've decided what I want the outcome to be, but just because I want that, doesn't mean he wants that."

"You certainly are taking a lot from one kiss."

"Well, you got me thinking about it, so know I won't stop thinking about it."

"It's a good thing your thinking about it Marinette, that way you know what to tell him when he stops by."

"Tikki, I have hours until he normally.... stops..... by?" The words slowed down as she realized that the Sun had set. "Oh my gosh Tikki! Why didn't you tell me how late it is! I have to get ready!"

"I have to get ready!" Adrien said in a panic after stepping out of the shower. He'd been at fencing practice all afternoon and then had a photo shoot that took up his evening. By the time he arrived home and stepped out of the shower, it was already time for Chat go visit his Princess.

"What do you mean? You'll be in a super-suit and mask the whole time."

"I'd still like to look nice."

"You're a model, Adrien, you could wear a garbage bag and still look 'nice.'"

"But this Marinette!" Adrien protested. "I want to impress her!"

"Well, there's not much you can do to your physical appearance thanks to your transformation, but perhaps we can figure something out."

"Wow Plagg, you're being super nice to me."

"Don't make me regret it, kid. I expect cheese as my payment." Adrien laughed.

"You got it Plagg. Now, can you give me critique on my speech?" He asked nervously.

"Tikki, I don't think he's coming." Marinette stood out on her balcony, waiting for Chat Noir to show up, but it had been nearly an hour an he wasn't in sight.

"I'm sure that there's a good reason behind it. Perhaps he got held up in his civilian life?" Tikki suggested. Marinette shook her head.

"No, he probably realized that the kiss was a mistake and this is his way of rejecting me."

"Marinette, it's not like Chat Noir to stand someone up."

"Come on Tikki, let's go in. The mangy cat won't show his face that's fine. I'm not going to let him ruin my sleep schedule. And to think that I spent so much time getting ready too!" Marinette went back in her room.

Sighing in defeat, she took off the special Chat Noir themed outfit she was wearing, wiped off her makeup, and took her hair out of her braids. 

'Tikki's right, it's not like Chat Noir to stand people up. I'm sure he has a reason behind it. It could be stupid reason, but he'd tell me if he was rejecting me, right?' She thought worriedly as she got into bed. 

The second that she turned the light off, she heard it. 'Tap, tap, tap.' Right. Above. Her.

'Are you kidding me?' She thought. 

'Here goes nothing.' He thought. "Marinette, can I talk to you?" He asked nervously.

"Why are you so late, Chat?" Was Marinette's answer and it came from right below him. He flinched.

"Sorry, I got really busy with preparing for what I was going to say to you. I didn't realize what time it was. I'm really sorry." He said shamefully. He heard Marinette sigh and a latch click. 

"I thought you stood me up, Kitty."  Chat suddenly found himself face to face with the love of his life.

"I'm so so sorry. I didn't mean to be so late."

"I had a whole outfit on, too." She muttered. Chat mentally kicked himself for the umpteenth time. 

"I can't apologize enough Princess, but I'll have you know, that I would never stand you up." He placed his hands on hers and pulled her up onto the balcony with him. "I mean that."

The look in his eye was enough for Marinette to forgive him instantly.

"It's okay, I believe you."

"Oh! I have something for you!" Chat suddenly exclaimed.

"What is it?" Marinette asked.

"Here, this is for you." He bowed and held out a bouquet of red roses.

"Oh Chat! These are beautiful!" Marinette cried, taking them happily.

"I'm glad you like them. I have something else for you too." Her told her shifting from side to side.

"Wow. You've already given me so much Chat, what is it?"

"A speech."

"Aka the reason why you're so late?" Marinette teased.

"Purrcisely." He winked.

"I won't hesitate to throw you off this balcony right now." Marinette glared.

"And I'll do whatever it takes to get back up here to see you." He told her flirtatiously, which made Mari's face grow red.

"J-just tell me what you were going to s-say!" She stuttered.

"Okay, okay, as my Princess wishes." Chat bowed again. "So I guess I should start with the reason for that kiss." 

"That would probably be a good place to start." Marinette smiled softly at the boy.

"Well, the simple truth is," He took both her hands in his, took a deep breath and answered. "I'm in love with you."

'Oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God, oh God, oh Go-'

"Really?" She cut his inner freak out short. She looked up at him smiling widely and eyes shining. She took his breath away.

"Yes. Really."

"When? How? Why?" She asked. Chat let out a laugh. 

"Well, I think I've always seen you as more than a friend I just didn't realize it because, well"

"Because of Ladybug?" She asked softly.

"Yeah, because of Ladybug. I was so oblivious to my own feelings. I feel pretty stupid about it now-."

"Hey, it's okay. She's your partner, I could see why you fell in love with her."

"Yeah well, I'm not in love with her anymore." He told her.

"Why?" She asked.

"Honestly?" He asked and she nodded. "Because, suddenly, I was getting to know you. Ladybug and I have always been close and always will be, but whenever I was with you, I felt whole."

"Aww." She cooed. "That's really sweet." Chat put his forehead on hers.

"It's only the truth, Princess. Still despite my very obvious feelings for you," Marinette giggled at the aggravation in his voice. "I still told myself that I only felt that way around you because everyone felt that way around you."

"So what changed? When did you realize that you had feelings for me?"

"The first time I spent the night." Chat said with no hesitation. 

Marinette remembered that night well. He had come to her place crying because of something that had happened in his civilian life. She didn't ask questions, she just let him in, gave him dinner, and invited him to stay the night. He had accepted only after her arguing that he would not be a burden and that it was her pleasure to have a sleepover with her best friend. 

'That was the first time I called him my best friend.' Marinette realized. "Why that night?"

"You called me your best friend. The word friend hurt more than it should if I didn't have any romantic feelings for me." He told her sheepishly.

"Oh."

"Now as for how, your kindness, your bravery, your strong headedness, your passion for everything you do is what drew me in. Your generosity, your wittiness, your secret sides that you never showed until I started showing up as Chat is what kept me."

"Wait," Marinette put a tiny amount of space between them as her brows furrowed. "What do you mean 'never showed until I started showing up as Chat'? Do we know each other?" She had to admit, the thought had crossed her mind, but she quickly dismissed it. She may be Lady Luck, but even Ladybug herself had a limit to her luck.

"Uh, well, err, um. You weren't really supposed to know that."

"It's okay, I promise I won't go looking for you. Although it is a relief that you're not a stranger."

"Ha, yeah, anyway as to why I fell in love with you. Why not? You're the most amazing person I've ever met and I'm Ladybug's partner."

Marinette was unspeakably happy when he told her that. He chose her flawed side, not her mask. Her chose the real her instead of the perfect version. Who else would do that?

"You've met yourself, right?" She joked.

"You're more amazing than me by far, Mari." He pulled her in for a hug. Her head on his chest.

"Not true. You're the superhero." 

"Yeah and yet you don't fangirl around me like everyone else does. I can truly be me around you, no matter what."

"You know that the feeling is mutual right? I have tons of responsibilities now and it gets overwhelming a lot, yet when I'm with you...."

"All your problems disappear?"

"Yes."

"Good, because that's exactly how I feel around you." Chat told her and Marinette giggled.

"So, did your speech go to plan?" She asked teasingly.

"Nope! The second I saw your adorable face light up when I told you how I felt it kinda just went poof!" Marinette laughed again. That was the thing about Chat, no matter what he got her in high spirits.

"I've got to be the luckiest girl in the world." She murmured.

"And why is that Princess?"

"Because you're here, hugging me, telling me that you love me. What more could a girl want?" 

"Gifts, fame, money, to name a few." 

"Well, I don't care about any of that. I care about the boy of my dreams who just confessed."

"Boy of your dreams eh?" He teased.

"Like you didn't already know." She picked her head off of his chest to roll her eyes. Then went back to her previous position. 

"Well, I had a suspicion, but I wasn't sure."

"Well then, let's change that. Chat Noir, I'm in love with you too."

"When? How? Why?" He asked in a high voice, mocking her. She slapped him softly.

"I don't sound like that." He laughed.

"Okay Princess, but in all seriousness. When? How? Why?"

"You've always had a special place in my heart chaton, but I always thought it was admiration. I never suspected that it was something else until one day..."

"One day?"

"Someone tried to kiss me."

"What?" Chat growled. "Who dares to kiss my Princess?" Marinette giggled.

"Is the kitty jealous?"

"Very."

"Don't worry, there's nothing to be jealous about because when he tried to kiss me a face flash through my mind. Wanna guess who that face belonged to?"

"Me?"

"Good job, Kitty. You're right. It was at first a huge shock to me, but the more I thought about it, the more it made sense. The more I denied it, the more denying it felt wrong."

"Wow. Still, who was the boy?"

"Luka Couffaine." 

"WHAT? I'M GOING TO MURDER THAT BOY!" Chat shouted, obviously angered. Marinette honestly found it endearing.

"Don't worry Kitty Cat." She stood on her tiptoes and pecked his cheek. "My heart forever belongs to you."

"And my heart is yours." He leaned his forehead and hers again.

"I'll take good care of it. I promise." She told him.

"I know you will, Princess."

"Now don't you want me to answer your other questions?"

"Yeah. If you don't mind."

"Not at all. I'd brag about you all day if you'd let me." Chat chuckled. 

"I think my kwami knows everything about you by now." Marinette laughed.

"Anyway,"

"Anyway,"

"As far as how, I guess I just realized that your everything I ever wanted. So kind, so brave, not afraid to do what's right, so generous, you're selfless, Chat."

"Wow." The blush on his face was very evident, despite the low light and his black mask. "Uh, thank you."

"Of course. You're an amazing person Chat, you deserve to hear that more." 

"I don't know what to say except for the fact that I love so so much. I can't put it into words."

"Don't worry, the feeling is totally mutual." She told him.

"Why?"

"'Why?'"

"Yeah! You could have any guy you want and yet, you choose me. Why?"

"Because you're not just some guy. You're my best friend, but you're also the love of my life. I don't think I could live without you."

"Ugh, don't put that thought in my mind. Life without you would be excruciating."

"I'm glad we agree there." She looked up at Chat Noir smiling, eyes sparkling. He was in the same state. The world shrunk to just the two of them. Marinette couldn't believe how lucky she was. 

Chat cupped her face, asking for permission with his eyes. Marinette closed her eyes and the distance between them. She'd missed those lips. They gave her a feeling of happiness that she couldn't describe. She melted into him as he started to kiss back.

'Oh God, this feels WAY too good.' She thought as Chat let out a moan. She felt something wet and spongy on her lips. 'His tongue.' She realized with a jolt. She opened her mouth and moaned the moment their tongue's touched.

She became a prisoner to his lips, his tongue, his touch. The feeling making out with him gave her put her on Cloud 9 and she didn't ever want to come down.

All too soon they broke apart.

"Wow." Chat let out a breathless laugh.

"That was..." Mari found herself unable to find the words.

"Yeah." He whispered. "I love you." He told her, smiling so wide.

"I love you too."

'Beep, beep, beep.' The sound pierced through the air and through the moment. The pair let out matching groans. 

"Sorry love, but your knight has to depart for the night." He told her kissing her forehead.

"I know, it doesn't mean that I like it though." She grumbled.

"Trust me, I don't appreciate it either, but I'll be back tomorrow. I promise. You should get back to bed."

"Okay." She pouted.

"You want me to tuck you in?" He asked smiling.

"Was it that obvious?" She smirked.

"No, I just know you." Marinette let out a laugh.

"That you do." 

They entered her bedroom and Chat quickly tucked her in. He wanted to tell her his identity, but not like this.

"Comfy?" He asked. She hummed. "Good. I have to go now, sorry Princess."

"You'll be back right?" She asked peeking one eye open.

"Of course." She nodded. 

"So go, we'll get more time with each other tomorrow."

"Alright, whatever my Princess desires." He kissed her cheek and left. Marinette turned in her bed and sighed happily. She waited to succumb to sleep, but right when she was drifting off, she heard a noise.

'Tap, tap, tap.'

"Kitty?" She asked, thinking that she imagined it.

"Yeah I'm here. I forgot to ask you, what are you doing Friday?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Shorter chapter yesterday so a longer one today! Tomorrow is the last part of the three part series! Please vote and comment if you've enjoyed!                                                                                                                                       -Colorado

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

403K 7.8K 29
These are basic One-Shots from the love square of Miraculous Ladybug. These One-Shots include: LadyNoir, Adrienette, MariChat, and Ladrien. Just so y...
169K 3K 36
Yep, another one of these. You gotta love 'em though.
MLB Oneshots By

Fanfiction

1K 26 7
Credits to Jay Jay on pinterest for the artwork! So, this is a book of oneshots if you didn't read the title and don't know that. I love making one-s...
71 5 1
One-shot. After Valentine's Day, Marinette starts to view Chat Noir as more than just a partner. The story contains all the four ships. I promise the...