Marichat May 2020

Av ColoradoPeculiar

One shots in honor of a month dedicated to my favorite love-square ship! Disclaimer: I don't own Miraculous L... Mer

Introduction
Day One: Truth or Dare
Day Two: Plagg
Day Three: Conflicted
Day Four: Drawings
Day Five: Fashion Show
Day Six: Homework
Day Eight: First Kiss
Day Nine: Confession
Day Ten: First Date
Day Eleven: Hiding
Day Twelve: Video Games
Day Thirteen: Presents
Day Fourteen: Redecorating
Day Fifteen: Dancing
Day Sixteen: Roses
Day Seventeen: Reveal
Day Eighteen: Jealousy
Day Nineteen: Umbrella
Day Twenty: Picnic
Day Twenty-One: Karaoke
Day Twenty-Two: Chat Blanc
Day Twenty-Three: Comfort
Day Twenty-Four: Side Effects
Day Twenty-Five: Baking
Day Twenty-Six: Signs
Day Twenty-Seven: MultiNoir
Day Twenty-Eight: Game Night
Day Twenty-Nine: School Visit
Day Thirty: Soulmates
Day Thirty-One: Knight in Shining Leather
Author's Note
Other Works

Day Seven: Sunset

1.9K 53 104
Av ColoradoPeculiar

Hello! First off I want to thank @zedakt for today's prompt! She's my best friend and I don't know what I'd do without her! This one-shot is rated teen for mild language and sexual references! If you've enjoyed please vote and comment! -Colorado

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

At the end of the day, Chat Noir loved cliche. He had always liked cliche, but what really made him love cliches, especially romantic ones, was a life-changing event.

It all started that fateful afternoon when Alya, Marinette, Nino, and Adrien decided to go see a movie together. With Adrien's strict schedule and Marinette's ever increasing responsibilities, they hardly ever got to hang out the four of them.

"I can't believe that both of your schedules lined up!" Alya cheered as they made their way to the theater after school.

"Neither can I, it's been crazy these past couple months. My designs have really taken off." Marinette told the group.

"That's no surprise, Mari, you're crazy talented!" Adrien complimented the young girl and she just smiled at him.

"Thanks Adrien." She said with no stutter. As soon as her feelings for him left, so did her stutter.

"It's only the truth."

"What movie do you dudes want to see?" Nino asked, starting to feel like a third wheel.

"What's out right now?" Marinette asked. Alya pulled out her phone and started to type.

"Umm looks like there's a movie called Ransoms which is a documentary-."

"No." Nino shook his head.

"Why not? It sounds interesting!" Alya protested.

"We just got out of school man, my brain needs a break!" Nino complained.

"Okay, okay, there's also one called Tipsy which is a comedy-."

"Uhhh," Adrien started to say, "I hate to be a killjoy, but when I told my father about the movies he specifically said NOT to watch that one. Sorry guys."

"It's fine Adrien, there's more than two movies playing." Alya reassured him. "Ooooo this one sounds cool!"

"What is it?" Mari questioned.

"Well, it's called Sleepville and it's a horror-."

"Absolutely not." Marinette cut in and stomped her foot down.

"Why not?" Adrien wasn't trying to be pushy, but he WAS curious.

"I. Despise. Horror." Marinette shuddered. The three friends laughed.

"Girl I swear," Alya started to say, but stopped when something caught her eye. "Ohmygoshthere'sanewsuperheromovieoutwehavetogoseeitnowNowNOW!" She exclaimed all in one breath.

"Woah, woah, babe calm down." Nino tried to calm his hyper girlfriend. "Take deep breaths, and explain to us what the big deal is slowly."

Alya calmed down and in a much more peaceful tone said, "There's a new superhero movie that we could go check out, if you guys want." She said trying to compose herself. Marinette laughed.

"You really think we're going to let that outburst slide?" She grinned mischievously.

"Yes because I'm your best friend." Alya then put on a smirk that rivaled Marinette's. "And because if you don't let that outburst slide I'll tell them about-."

"OKAY WE GOT YOUR POINT!" Marinette screamed reaching over to clamp her hand over the girl's mouth. Alya erupted into a fit of giggles.

"I'm down for a superhero movie." Nino shrugged.

"I always love watching the stunts!" Adrien's eyes shone like a little kid on Christmas. "I mean some of the acrobatics on the movies are mind-blowing!"

"You keep talking about the movie acrobatics, but have you seen Ladybug and Chat Noir's moves? Like those are amazing and they aren't green-screen!" Alya brought up the famous protectors of Paris.

"It always worries me when I see Chat pull off those stunts, he may be a superhero, but he can still get hurt." Mari frowned. They all knew that Marinette was close with the hero. Adrien for obvious reasons. Alya because she had walked in on Chat and Marinette once. Nino because Alya told him. 

"Do I smell a celebrity crush?" Adrien teased. To his surprise, Marinette's face grew red.

"NO! Of course not! Me like Chat Noir? Pfft. Of COURSE not! Hehehe" She denied. To any bystander it would've been clear that she was lying, but Adrien decided to give her the benefit of the doubt.

"Oh okay." Adrien shrugged as Alya and Nino exchanged glances.

"You're believing that?" Alya asked incredulously.

"Alyaaaaa." Marinette complained. "You know who I like." 

"True, but that doesn't mean I can't tease you mercilessly about your friendship with Chat Noir." Alya threw an arm around Marinette. She grumbled something that Adrien couldn't hear.

"Love you too, girl."

'Marinette has a crush? I thought I knew everything about her. I guess not.' Adrien pondered Marinette's words. 'It sounds like she doesn't like Chat, so who else would she like?' Adrien's eyebrows furrowed.

"Adrien, man, you good?" Nino asked him.

"Yeah. Just got lost in thought."

"Ah, well come on." While Adrien had spaced out Alya and Marinette had engaged in conversation and were keeping up a swift pace ahead of the boys out of hearing range.

"Yo Nino..." Adrien wondered if it was a good idea to talk to Nino about this, but he needed to know. 

"Yeah dude?"

"Who do you think Marinette has a crush on?" There, he asked the question that had been on his mind a lot longer than just a few minutes ago.

"I don't know, why?" Nino responded. Adrien shrugged.

"Just curious." He tried to pass off as nonchalant. Luckily, it worked on Nino.

"Ah, well if you really want to know, ask her!"

"So Alya really hasn't told you?" Adrien tried one last time. No way could he ask Marinette who she liked. As Adrien, she was just becoming comfortable around him and as Chat, well, as Chat she told him that she didn't like anyone. 

"No, not this time. Whoever it is, she's certainly secretive about it."

"Huh."

"But, I mean, if you want my guess..."

"YES PLEASE!" Adrien quickly tried to cover up his unexplained enthusiasm. "I mean, sure."

"I say it's Luka." Nino responded. Adrien's heart sank.

'Luka. Of course it's Luka, why wouldn't it be? They're really close and she went to the ice rink with him and got ice cream with him, who did you think it would be?' Adrien let out a long sigh because he knew the answer to the last question.

"Yeah Luka makes a lot of sense. But why would she not want us knowing?"

"I don't know man, girls are weird."

"Come on slowpokes!" Mari called from up ahead.

"Now come on! We've got a movie to see!" Nino told Adrien. He nodded and smiled weakly. 

"Yeah, let's go." Nino sensed the shift in Adrien's mood, but let it go. If Adrien wanted to share it, he would share it. 

When they got to the theater, they were about to buy their tickets when a familiar voice called out to one member in their group.

"Marinette!" The four of them turned around at the call.

"Luka hi!" Marinette smiled widely and gave him a wave. It hurt Adrien to see that there was a blush on her face.

'MY Princess. You be careful, you boy band wannabe.' Adrien scowled at the boy. 

"Hey what are you doing here?" Even though the question was directed towards Marinette, Adrien took the chance.

"We're going to watch a movie." He told Luka trying hard to not be hostile.

"Well yeah, we're at a movie theater." Luka gave him a weird look. 

'Who does this boy think he is? I'm the famous Chat Noir! He can't compete with me.' 

"Right."

"Would you like to join us Luka?" Marinette asked, bubbly.

Oh hell no. 'If he knows what's good for him he won't say-.' 

"Yes. That'd be great. Thanks Mari." Luka smiled, a blush on his face.

"Of course!" She turned to the ticket window. "Five tickets for Justice Preserved." She told the man.

'I guess that's settled, Luka's coming with us.' He was so busy throwing an inner pity-party for himself that he didn't realize the fact that Alya and Nino were whispering to each other, both with bug-eyed expressions directed towards the boy.

Adrien might've actually enjoyed the movie if it wasn't for the fact that Luka had gotten to sit with Marinette at one end while he was on the other end. Throughout a good portion of the movie Adrien spaced in and out, more invested in Mari and Luka than the plot.

However, towards the end something caught his attention. The love interest of the protagonist was being asked out by another boy. The protagonist witnessed this unbeknownst to the two other people in the scene. The music changed to melancholy. Adrien could relate more than he wanted to.

'I guess we both suffer from unrequited feelings huh? We can save the day, but we can't get the girl. The world might be whole, but our hearts aren't.' He frowned as he stole another glance at Luka and Mari, but couldn't see anything because of Alya and Nino. 

A few minutes later the love interest appeared back on screen, running to catch up with the superhero.

"What's wrong?" She asked. The boy sighed.

"Nothing. It's nothing." He started to walk away, but she pulled him back by the arm.

"I don't believe you." She frowned. "Why are you lying to me Copper Jay?"

"I'm not!" He snapped and you could see the hurt in the girl's eyes. "Sorry, it's just..."

"Long day?"

"Yeah that. You should head back now, I'm sure Kanobi's waiting for you." At the mention of the other boy the girl's eyes widened.

"You saw that?" She asked quietly.

"Yeah. Congrats on having a boyfriend."  Copper Jay started to walk away again until the love interest started to catch up with him.

"Wait, no, I said no to Kanobi." It was the boy's turn for wide-eyes.

'Well there goes my connection. If Luka asked Marinette out. She would say yes no hesitation and why wouldn't she? Luka's an amazing person after all. Everything she could possibly want.' Adrien thought bitterly.

"Really you did?" The girl nodded.

"I did."

"Meet me at sunset, George's beach." Copper Jay said and with that, flew away. 

'Lucky guy, he's gonna get the girl. I wish I could say the same.' He sighed.

The last scene of the movie was a love confession at sunset and a kiss between the two.

'If only Marinette and I could be like that. I wouldn't mind confessing to her at sunset and then kissing her, that'd be purrfect.' Adrien sighed as the lights rose.

"Oh my gosh! That was amazing!" Alya was smiling wide.

"Yeah the plot twists were so unexpected, you never get that. You get one maybe two good plot twists, but that movie had so many I could barely keep up!" Nino commented. Adrien did recall the theater gasping at multiple parts, which normally broke his spacing out.

"I liked the dynamic between Copper Jay and Opal." Marinette's voice was welcome after 2 1/2 hours of it being silenced.

"It makes me wonder about Ladybug and Chat Noir. I mean what's their relationship like after the fights stop?" Luka asked. Adrien smirked and Marinette stifled a laugh, although he couldn't figure out why.

Probably because she knew Chat well and heard from him everything that happened between him and Ladybug. Which wasn't much after he got over her. They were still close, they were partners after all, but the relationship ended there. He didn't want to make her uncomfortable. The reveal would happen when it happens, there wasn't much Chat could do about that.

"True! There may be a whole secret side to LadyNoir that we don't even know!" Hearing one of the many ship names he was included in made him burst out laughing.

"What's so funny Agreste?" Alya demanded.

"Oh it's nothing." He replied. Alya rolled her eyes.

"You're nearly on the floor, it's obviously not nothing." 

"Yeah well-" Adrien's sentence was cut short when he saw Luka lean down and whisper something in Marinette's ear and her nodding. "let's head out." He stuffed his hands in his pockets all humor gone.

"We'll meet you out there." Marinette told the three of them. "Luka has to ask me something." She gave them all a smile and Adrien didn't miss Alya's raised eyebrow. "Alone." She finished.

"Okay, we'll give you your space." Alya stood up. "Come on guys, let's give these two their alone time." The three of them exited the room and went into the main area. The smell of popcorn floated through the air. However, the smell didn't do anything to settle the dread in Adrien's stomach.

A few moments later he saw Marinette walk out of the doors, a bewildered expression on her face.

"Girl, you okay?" Alya asked, worried about her best friend.

"Yeah..." her voice was far away. "I'll be fine, just give me a moment." She walked out of the theater with her friends on her heels. The four of them walked in silence, three trying to figure out what was wrong with the fourth and the fourth trying to piece together what the hell just happened. They were on the doorstep to her house when she spoke up.

"Sorry that I was out of it for so long, it's just," she let out a long sigh. Her voice was back to normal, but the disbelieving expression hadn't left her face. "I'll tell you guys about it tomorrow." 

Still in a daze, she said goodbye to her friends, greeted her parents, and headed upstairs to her room. She laid down on her chaise, still in shock and then, it hit her.

"OH MY GOD TIKKI!" She shouted sitting straight up. "Did that seriously happen?" She looked at her kwami who shrugged with a helpless smile on her face. Marinette fell back on the chaise and groaned. "I feel so bad!"

"Marinette-" Tikki started to say, but was interrupted by a noise coming from her trapdoor.

'Tap, tap, tap.' That could only mean one thing. 

"Come on in!" She called to her visitor.

"Hey." The superhero greeted her.

"Hey."

"I uh, ran into your friends and they told me that you seemed off and I got worried." Chat told her. Marinette sat up on the chaise and faced him. She patted the seat besides her in an invitation.

"It's been a long day."

"How so?" Chat asked. Marinette let out a long sigh.

"Remember how I told you that I didn't have a crush on anyone?" Marinette asked.

"Yeah?"

"Well, I lied." Chat gasped.

"You, Marinette Dupain-Cheng, lied? What is this?"  Marinette let out a giggle. That was the nice thing about talking to Chat, no matter what, he always could cheer her up.

"Yes Kitty, I lied, but only because I wasn't sure of my feelings yet."

"Ah, that makes sense. So why are you telling me now?"

"Because I AM sure of my feelings now." Marinette told him confidently. Chat raised an eyebrow.

"Oh? What changed?" He was curious to see if his suspicions were correct, and if they weren't, well, he didn't know what he would do if they weren't.

"I'll get to that. It's a whole story that I have to tell." Chat scooted closer.

"Then by all means Purrincess, let the cat out of the bag!" He smirked. Marinette gave him a look.

"On second thought, maybe I won't tell you. I've got designs to make." She stood up and started to walk over to her sewing machine, but something caught her. Said thing was Chat's arm. He had grabbed her and before she could react, he pulled her down and into an embrace.

"No. I'm not letting you go until you tell me what's on your mind." He put his cheek on her head. Marinette let out yet another sigh.

"Alright, alright. I guess I should start at the beginning. Have you ever been in love?" She asked Chat. She knew what the answer was, but she still asked anyway. 

"Yes." He responded, like she knew he would.

"Well, once I was madly in love with this boy, but he only thought of me as a friend."

"That's too bad. I'm sorry that happened to you, unrequited love is painful isn't it?" Guilt was all Marinette felt, how many times had she rejected Chat? And now look at her. A fat load of good those rejections did for her.

"Yeah, but then suddenly, someone else came into my life."

'Luka.' Chat immediately thought.

"And did this somebody help you get over this boy?"

"Yeah, he did. It took me forever to realize, but soon enough I lost my crush on the boy who saw me as 'just a friend'."

The words were painstakingly similar to the ones he used to call Marinette. He was such an idiot.

"Go on, what happened with this new boy?"

"Well, naturally, I developed a crush on him, but I never told him despite me knowing he felt the same way."

That caught Chat's attention. "Why not?" He asked carefully. She let out another sigh. "You've been sighing a lot." Mari chuckled at that.

"Yeah, it's been that sort of day. A lot to process."

"I get that, I've had days like that before, but I've learned that talking to someone always helps."

"Yeah it does, that's why I was telling you my story before you so rudely interrupted."

"My a-paw-olgies Princess." He told her, she just scoffed which made Chat laugh.

"So anyway, I never told the guy I liked him because," she stopped. "You won't tell anyone what I'm telling you, right?" She asked him.

"Cat's honor, Princess."

"I'm holding you to that."

"I know you are. Anyway, you didn't confess because...?"

"Because there was another guy." Marinette said. Chat gasped theatrically.

"There was another guy! Mari!" She slapped him on the arm.

"You know, your antics aren't helping to persuade me to continue the story." Marinette was still in Chat's arms and when she said that, his grip on her tightened.

"Well, I'm not letting you go until you finish your story so....."

"I know, I know, so anyway, this other guy." Chat nodded.

"This other guy." He thought he was doing a great job at being calm and collected, but on the inside he was freaking out. 

'Who's the idiot who friendzoned her? Who's this other guy?' It seemed foolish to hope and yet he did. 'Could it be-?'

"He was always chasing after me." Marinette told Chat. He felt his heart break again. He never chased after Marinette publicly. His crush on her was still classified information. "And I always rejected him, the idiot that I was."

"Hey." Chat told her, not liking it when she talked down to herself. "You aren't an idiot, okay? If you didn't like this guy, then you didn't like him. There's no sense in beating yourself up about it!" He had hoped that his words would help her, but they seemed to do the opposite effect. She started to tear up and before he knew it, her hands were around him.

"Thank you, Chat Noir, you're such a great person. You're going to make someone very happy one day." She smiled up at him.

'I want that someone to be you, Mari.' He thought smiling warmly at the girl.

"It hurts to see you upset, I'm glad that I can help cheer you up." He told her honestly.

"You're a great therapist, Kitty." She scratched under his chin, making him purr.

"I'm glad to hear it, Princess, now continue with the story."

"Okay, okay, aren't you eager. So anyway, I always rejected him because I was in love with someone else."

"And this someone else is the boy who saw you only as a friend?" Chat clarified.

"Yep."

"Well, whoever he is, he's an idiot." Marinette laughed.

"Thanks Chat, so anyway around the time that I got over the boy who didn't like me, the guy who did stopped chasing me."

"Oh, well that's a good thing, right? I mean if you never liked him in the first place..."

"That's what I thought too, until I realized it wasn't a good thing." That surprised Chat.

"It wasn't?" Marinette shook her head.

"No! I always thought I didn't like it when he flirted with me, but you only know once you got when you let it go, right?" She gave him a small, painful smile that clenched at his heart.

'Yes.' He thought. "I guess so." He told her aloud.

"So anyway I was confused, torn between these two guys, and until today I still was."

'Today, she figured out who she likes, oh my gosh who is it? Wait, why do I even care, it can't be me. The first guy is Luka and I never told her how I felt.'

"W-what happened?" 

"The first guy asked me out." She said simply.

"He did WHAT?" Chat yelled.

"Chat calm down!"

"When did he do that Princess?"

"Well, I went to the movies with him and a few other friends today and after the movie was over he told me to stay behind because he wanted to talk. Well talk he did, he asked me out and in that moment, it just felt wrong, ya know?" Chat Noir nodded, he had gone through similar things with Kagami after all. Although, perhaps he should thank her, it was because of her he got over Ladybug and started to like Marinette.

That's odd. Their love lives were pretty similar.

"So, you like the guy who used to flirt with you?" Chat needed confirmation. Marinette nodded.

"Yep. And I feel so, so, guilty rejecting him Chat. He's everything I could want and I was to blinded by Adrien to see-."

'Hold up. WHAT THE HELL?' He thought eyes growing wide as she mentioned his civilian self. She then clamped a hand over her mouth.

"Oops." She said meekly.

"Princess.... the boy that you liked was Adrien?" She just nodded. Chat couldn't believe it. He had been so sure. So sure that she didn't like him. It all made sense now. The fact that she stuttered, but showered him with gifts. How nervous she was around him, the fricking photos of his face! 

How oblivious can one person be?

"So, I'm guessing that the boy who helped you get over him is Luka?" Again she nodded.

"So who's the boy...?" Suddenly it clicked. He had chased after her. He liked her, but she couldn't return it, oh God, they would actually be a good couple. 

"Well it's-."

"It's Nathaniel, isn't it?" 

Marinette turned to face him, her expression was one of shock and horror. "WHAT NO!" She shrieked. "No! No!" She laughed. "Me and Nathaniel. What gave you that idea?"

"You said this guy was chasing you..."

"Yeah, but he isn't Nathaniel."

"So then who else?" He asked. Marinette took a deep breath and said one world-shattering word.

"You." His brain couldn't comprehend it right away. 

'What she mean me?' He thought at first, but then he looked at her blushing face. 'Oh my God! I'm the other boy! I'M THE OTHER BOY.' He felt a grin spread on his face, so wide it was nearly painful, but he didn't care. 

"Really??? Me???" His voice was filled with elation, until he realized something. The smile slipped right off. "I never pursued you, Marinette." He looked at her confused.

"Ah well," she glanced behind him, "oh what the hell?"

"Princess! Did you just curse?" Chat exclaimed.

"Yes Chat, I just cursed." She rolled her eyes.

"Wow and here I thought you were a good girl." Chat smirked. She stuck her tongue out at him.

'So adorable! And she. Likes. Me. Back!!!' He might have seemed normal on the outside, but inside, he was jumping and dancing for joy while screaming at the top of his lungs. Which reminded him,

"So, what were you about to say?"

"Well, this certainly is a night for confessions." She muttered to herself, then said in a normal volume. "Who's the one girl you confessed to as Chat who rejected you?"

"Ladybug." He said automatically. "But what does she have to do" it clicked, "oh ohhhh wait what?" He was smiling a smile filled with pure joy. "Are-are you serious?" Marinette nodded and giggled. 

"Yes Kitty." In two steps he had crossed the room and picked her up in his arms.

"WAAAHHH CHAT PUT ME DOWN!" She yelled through her laughter as he spun her around.

"No!" He said. He stared up at Marinette, his princess, his partner!  Oh this was just like a movie! Wait.... just like a movie huh? He put her down.

"Sorry, Bugaboo." He winked as he gave her the nickname, she just smiled broadly and shook her head. "I've got to go, but don't worry I'll be back." With that he bowed and left. 

"Tikki..." She paused to look at her kwami. "I did it! I confessed!"

"I'm so proud of you Marinette!"

"And he seemed to be overjoyed that I'm Ladybug!"

"That he did!"

"I just wonder, where's he going? And when will he be back I want to see him again, Tikki!" She complained.

"He left a minute ago Marinette!" Tikki giggled.

"A minute too much." 

"You really love him, don't you?" Tikki asked. Marinette sighed again, but unlike her previous ones this was filled with lightness.

"Yeah, I do Tikki, I really do."

"I just don't believe it Plagg!" Adrien Agreste told his kwami for the 62nd time, yes he was counting and yes, it was getting rather annoying.

"Marinette is Ladybug, your two loves are one! Congratulations! When's the wedding?" Plagg asked, yawning.

"Hopefully, in the future. Now come on Plagg we've got work to do."

"What do you mean by work?"

"Relax, I'll set everything up, you just have to deal with me being Chat Noir for a while, so eat up." Adrien tossed the kwami another slice of camembert. "Although, I should probably buy the things as Adrien." He mused. "Nathalie! Can I go shopping?"

"What for Adrien?" His father's assistant asked. Adrien felt a blush coat his face.

"Uh, just some, um presents."

"For whom?" Her voice was devoid of emotion, as usual. 

"Marinette Dupain-Cheng." He said meekly.

"I see, she's the one who won that hat competition, yes?"

"That's correct." Adrien confirmed. Nathalie nodded to the Gorilla.

"Be back by 6."

'6? 6 can work, I'll have to hurry though.'  He thought. "Thank you Nathalie!"

Adrien ran to the car, he had a long list of things that he wanted to buy, and not much time to buy them. Plus there's the matter of the set-up. 

"Here please." He told the Gorilla at the first stop. A florists, then to a candlemakers, then to a patisserie, then to his final destination, and then home.

By the time he was finished dinner it was already 6:10, the sun would start setting soon, he'd have to be fast. 

Quickly, he grabbed his things, transformed and ran across the rooftops until he was where he had planned to go in the first place. Running through his mental checklist he made sure everything was ready before heading towards the love of his life.

Marinette was busy designing when Chat arrived again.

"Princess, your knight has arrived." He told her once he entered her room, bowing.

"Where'd you go?" Marinette asked him, swiveling around in her desk chair to face him. At her appearance, Chat's mouth went dry.

'Oh lord, she's gonna be the death of me.' He thought as he took in her outfit. She was wearing a short-sleeved black  dress with green paw prints along the bottom of the skirt that went just below her knees. She was wearing fishnet gloves and a choker with a small golden bell completed the ensemble. 

"Uhhhhhh." He stared at the girl.

"What? Cat got your tongue?" She flicked the bell on her neck and the response was automatic.

'No, no, no! Ah darn it, she's just too hot in that outfit.' He cleared his throat.

"Meow Princess, you look amewzing!" He complimented her. She rolled her eyes.

"I thought that we should match." She told him, blushing,

"You look astonishing Mari, now come on. I have somewhere to take you."

"Okay. Where to?" 

"It's a secret." Chat replied. Mari raised an eyebrow as she slipped on green flats.

"Oh?"

"Yep! Now come on!" He offered her a hand. "I know you can get there yourself M'lady, but I want to take you there."

"M'lady, I haven't heard that nickname in a long time." She told him, taking his hand.

"Yeah, I purromise I'll explain everything once we get to where we are going."

"Okay, Kitty."

"Now hold on, and close your eyes and don't open them until I tell you." Marinette followed his orders wordlessly. 

They flew through Paris, Marinette could tell with the sounds of the city, until everything was quiet. Only a few birds chirping.

"Okay we're here. You need help getting down?"

"No, I got it, thanks though Kitty."

"I'll always be here for you, Princess."

"I know. Now can I open my eyes?" She asked.

"Go ahead." Chat told her. She opened and let out a gasp. They were somewhere on the outskirts of Paris and in front of her was a beautiful scene. A blanket was set up, rose petals were spread out on the blanket, candles were outlining the edges of the blanket, and lots of fancy silver plates were set up with pastries and sweets.

"Oh my gosh! Chat! Did you do all of this?" She asked incredulously.

"Do you like it?" He asked nervously, rubbing the back of his neck.

"I love it Kitty. It's so amazing." She gave him a peck on the cheek making him smile. He grabbed her hand and led her over to the blanket.

"Help yourself. A story is always better with snacks after all."

"A story?" Marinette inquired, Chat nodded. 

"Yep, a story. About my love life." He told her. "It's only fair after all, you told me about yours." Marinette nodded.

"Alright, I'm ready when you are." He gave her a soft smile. In the light of the setting sun, he looked so handsome, Marinette just wanted to kiss him senseless, but she couldn't, it wasn't her place.

"Okay, so I guess I should start at the beginning."

"That would be wise." He let out a chuckle.

"I was never a normal kid, I was sheltered, I didn't even go to public school until after I got my miraculous." That was a surprise to Marinette.  "Anyway, one day I got my ring and that was hands down, the best day of my life because not only did I gain freedom, something that had been lacking from my entire life, but I got to meet you Bugaboo." Marinette's cheeks grew warm.

"Such a flirt." She teased.

"Only with you."

"Yeah, how'd I end up with such an amazing partner?"

"You're more amazing than me." He told her.

"No way!" 

"You're the one that catches the akuma!"

"I'd be dead if it weren't for you!"

"Look, we can argue about which one is more valuable later, right now I'm telling you my story."

"Okay Kitty."

"Anyway, as soon as we defeated Stoneheart, for real," Marinette chuckled remembering their first fight, "I fell in love with you as Ladybug." Marinette blushed. "No matter how many times you rejected me, I knew that I would always come back to you. I knew we were meant to be."

"So what changed?" She asked. The question had been on her mind pretty much since he admitted to not liking her as Ladybug anymore. Chat sighed.

"I guess your rejections started wearing me down."

"Chat-." He held up his hand, cutting Marinette off.

"I know you're sorry, but I'm telling the story okay?" Marinette nodded, encouraging him to continue. 

"Anyway, your rejections started to wear me down and at the same time a girl who I was getting close to admitted to liking me and-" he shrugged, "I guess that I liked her a little bit. We went through the same thing growing up and she kinda reminded me of Ladybug in a way."

"So is that why you stopped calling me M'lady?" She asked.

"Yep. We started dating, and I didn't want to lead you on, so I stopped." She could remember that day like the back of her hand. It was Chloe's parent's party. Chat had stopped calling her M'lady, Adrien and Kagami nearly kissed, she went with Luka to get ice cream, and oh yeah! She became the freaking Guardian.

"Yet you've started again." She mused.

"Indeed I have, M'lady." He winked.

"Why?"

"I'm getting there okay?" He laughed. It warmed Marinette's heart to see her Kitty happy.

"Okay, sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt, I'm just really curious."

"I know you are, don't worry, all your questions will be answered in a mewment." He told her and she gave him an unamused glare. 

"Just cuz I like you, doesn't mean I like your puns." She told him.

"Meowch! How you wound me!" He fell back, his head landing in Marinette's lap. Automatically she started to run her fingers through his hair and he started to purr.

"Okay, Kitty, continue with the story."

"So anyway this girl and I dated for a little while, but then we broke up."

"Oh, I'm sorry Chat." He waved a hand nonchalantly.

"Don't be, it was mutual."

"May I ask why you broke up?"

"Well neither of our hearts were in it anymore. I only ever had a small crush on the girl, and someone new was suddenly taking up most of the space in my head." Marinette smiled. 

"Why was her heart not in it, if you don't mind me asking?"

"She turned out to be lesbian."

"What?" Marinette exclaimed. This was sounding all too familiar to Marinette. Chat laughed.

"Yep. She only pretended to like me because she knew I had her mother's approval and her mother is not an easy person to please."

"Wow." 

"I don't hold it against her though."

"Why not?" Marinette didn't have an ounce of accusation in her voice only wonderment.

"I think she didn't even know what she was feeling. Her denial was on a whole other level." Wait a sec, that sounded suspiciously like-

"I mean when Kagami told me I could hardly believe yet at the same time it all made sense."

"K-K-Kagami?" She asked. Chat sat up suddenly and got out of her lap.

"Please tell me I didn't just say-."

"You just said Kagami." Marinette told him. He groaned and put his face in his hands. She put a comforting hand on his shoulder. 

"I'm sorry." He said, muffled by his hands.

"Why?"

"I wasn't planning on you figuring out my identity this way..." He groaned and Marinette laughed. 

"It just makes us unique! Now come on! Tell me more about your love life!" 

"Okay. Well, uh, while I was with Kagami a certain someone started to CATch my eye." Marinette just shook her head. 

"Someone who you were friends with?"

"We're besties." Chat confirmed. "I had always thought of her as a friend."

"Adrien 'Just A Friend' Agreste." Marinette muttered.

"Hey! I heard that!" Chat protested.

"Good." Both of them ignored the fact Chat had just confirmed that he was, in fact, the Adrien Agreste.

"Anyway, I started to see her as more than a friend. She makes me forgot my problems, she makes me feel loved, she makes me so happy," he took his hand and titled her face so he could stare into those beautiful bluebell eyes. "You make me so happy, Marinette."

That's when the little shroud of self-control Marinette had preserved all evening flew out the window. Without any hesitation she grabbed Chat's collar and kissed him.

All of a sudden everything became clear at the same time. The boy who she was currently kissing was the only boy she ever loved. He erased any doubt in her mind that they weren't meant to be as their embrace was filled with everything good.

Marinette suddenly understood why movies and books made such a big deal about kisses. They were exhilarating. They sent you to place of no negativity, at least the kiss she was currently having banished anything but positivity from her mind.

As she sat there, kissing Chat Noir in the French sunset, she knew that she was in paradise.

And speaking of Chat Noir, that moment was the one that he decided that he loved cliches.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh my goshhhh! I can't believe we're a week into Marichat May! I didn't think I would last this long to be honest. I would like to say that Marichat is my OTP of the show and I think Luka willl be really good for Marinette, but I do understand why some people love ship and why some people hate the ship. Also! Lesbian Kagami! Even though is would disrupt my Lukagami theory I have for Season 4, I think it'd be an amazing addition to her character if she was only pretending to like Adrien because she knew that her mother approved of him and that she was scared to let her no the truth. Maybe I've just read too many Chlogami fanfics, but I'm starting to low-key ship it.  This one-shot was really long, but I like it. It didn't feel completely rushed like some of the others did. The next three days are going to be a bit different. You will see how when the time comes. Please vote and comment if you've enjoyed!                                                                                     -Colorado

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

15.8K 316 88
These are one-shots of Ladynoir, Marichat, and Adrienette.
235 5 4
Hey Ya'll, this is a series of oneshots to count down until Christmas! This will start on the 20th and go until the 25th! It will cover all four par...
594K 9.3K 82
One shots based of our two favourite ships LadyNoir and Adrinette I do take requests. Some chapters may contain major fluff/sin
69 5 1
One-shot. After Valentine's Day, Marinette starts to view Chat Noir as more than just a partner. The story contains all the four ships. I promise the...