Breathless ✓

By Selenaedward22

Victoria Forbes, a young aspiring doctor, trudges through yet another ordinary day-a recurring pattern in her... More

Description ✔
Prologue ✔
One ✔
Two ✔
Three ✔
Four ✔
Five ✔
Six ✔
Seven ✔
Eight ✔
Nine ✔
Ten ✔
Eleven ✔
Twelve ✔
Thirteen ✔
Fourteen ✔
Fifteen ✔
Sixteen ✔
Seventeen ✔
Eighteen ✔
Ninteen ✔
Twenty ✔
Twenty-One ✔
Twenty-Two ✔
Christian's pov ✔
Twenty-Three ✔
Twenty - Four ✔
Twenty-Five ✔
Twenty - Six ✔
Twenty - Seven ✔
Twenty - Eight ✔
Twenty - Nine ✔
Thirty ✔
Thirty - One ✔
Thirty - Two ✔
Thirty - Three ✔
Thirty - Four ✔
Thirty - Five ✔
Thirty - Six ✔
Thirty - Seven ✔
Thirty - Eight ✔
Thirty - Nine ✔
Forty ✔
Forty - One ✔
Forty - Two ✔
Forty - Three ✔
Forty - Four ✔
FORTY-FIVE
FORTY-SIX
FORTY-SEVEN
FORTY-EIGHT
FORTY-NINE
FIFTY
FIFTY-ONE
FIFTY-TWO
FIFTY-THREE
FIFTY-FOUR
FIFTY-FIVE
FIFTY-SEVEN
EPILOGUE
BONUS CHAPTER #1
BONUS CHAPTER #2
BONUS CHAPTER #3
BONUS CHAPTER #4
Actually rewriting BREATHLESS

FIFTY-SIX

4.2K 171 4
By Selenaedward22

"Wasn't looking for live till I found you."

— Rita Ora & Liam Payne

...

...

Omg. I'm so excited 😁

...

CHRISTIAN

I glare at Rico as he laughs at me. I stalk towards him give him a shove but end up groaning myself as pain shoots through my chest.

"Man, take it easy," Rico is instantly by my side.

"Just let me get through these few hours then you can do whatever you want. I can't mess this up."

"Nothing can go wrong today, buddy," Rico says. "Your girl is going to say 'I do' faster than I can blink."

"You think so?" I look at him.

"I know so."

That's right. I'm marrying Victoria today. It's been 2 weeks since I woke up from my coma and the first thing I had made my family for was arrange a wedding for me. All those months when I could hear Victoria taking to me. Talking about our wedding.

I wanted nothing more than marry her right there and right then but no matter how hard I tried to push the darkness away. No matter how hard I tried to move, I never couldn't. I heard her cry sometimes. I felt her body against mine when she was close to giving up— seeking some type of security in me.

The day I woke up I felt her tear drop on my cheek and I couldn't take. I had to wake up. Tell her I love her. Hold her while she cries.

Anything.

And I woke up. The first thing I saw was how beautiful and brave my girl is.

She stuck through every thick and thin, making me the luckiest man in this damned world.

"Chris, it's time," Francis enters the room.

"Oh shit," I almost run a hand through my hair but then remember I can't mess it up.

Rico wraps his arm around my shoulder and  guides me out while Francis looks at me with understanding.

We walk through the great hall of the new Mansion that dad gifted us three days ago. Finally I see the alter in the backyard. It's decorated beautifully.

Mom and Amara did a great job.

Victoria and I did nothing but the food and cake testing. We both left everything to others and spent every single second with each other.

The priest is already here. I see many guests chattering here and there. I spot Victoria's Aunt. Her uncle Sam's wife with both her sons.

There are some close friends of my mom and dad here. Dad has become very close off after what Luciano did. Victoria doesn't know it but dad found him and tortured him to death for betraying his people. His own family.

He did it all for the money. Like he wasn't getting anything here.

We walk to the alter and wait there, patiently. Once the guests see us they start taking their seats, settling down before the ceremony starts.

I stand there sweating while Rico and Francis try to calm. My two best men. There was no chance I could've given any of them the title of groomsmen. Both are my brothers.

Suddenly everybody quietens down as the soft music starts playing. The French doors to the backyard open slowly and there she stands, my beautiful girl. Dressed like an angel in a beautiful gown.

Her one arm locked with her uncle Sam and one with my dad. This sight alone brings tears to my eyes. She had put up a fight on how dad will walk her down the aisle but dad said her Uncle Sam should. What we didn't know what that she was planning to walk with both of them.

Her makeup. Her hair. Everything is just so... mesmerizing.

She's mesmerizing.

I feel a tear drop on my cheek but I wipe it off with a chuckle. I can't take my eyes off of the beauty in front of me.

I see Amara and her sister walk behind them with flowers in their but I give them a little heed as Victoria's beautiful smile steals attention and I don't take my eyes off of her again.

They reach the alter and her Uncle Sam gives me her hand with a glare after she pecks them both on the cheek.

He doesn't like me very much. I think he has his suspicions that I'm involved in something illegal.

Her grip on my hand tightens once we stand in front of each other. The priest starts talking but I don't pay any attention to him.

When it's time for vows I say mine crying like a baby. Victoria's too almost tears up but doesn't once Amara gives her a warning of not destroying her makeup. Her vows. Her declaration of love for me makes it harder for me to control my tears.

We're both alive. And she's all mine. Mine to love. Mine to cherish.

"Do you, Victoria Forbes, take Christian Amore Vasquez as your lawfully wedded husband?"

She gives me a smile full of love, "I do."

"Do you, Christian Amore Vasquez, take Victoria Forbes as your lawfully wedded wife?"

"I sure fucking do," I wink at her.

"By the power invested in me, I pronounce you as husband and wife," he says finally. "You may kiss the bride."

With a shit eating grin I cup her face and claim her lips in a soft gentle kiss. There is clapping and hoots in the background as I kiss her.

We pull back and rest our foreheads together.

"Hello, Mrs. Vasquez."

"Hello to you too, my dear husband."

"Fuck, I can get used to it."

"Don't worry, I'll remind you everyday for the rest of our lives," she giggles as she presses a kiss to my lips.

"I'm already looking forward to it," I pull her closer by the waist.

We greet all our family members and Diego, her Uncle Sam's son gives me the stink eye before storming off.

"It's time for the reception," mom walks up to me with Victoria changed into a different dress and her hair lose open.

"You look beautiful, baby. You always look so beautiful," I pull her closer to me and kiss her.

"Thank you," she blushes. "Did I tell you look lethal in a black tux?"

"Lethal?"

"Yes," she winks up at me.

"Come on let's go."

"There are so many people here," Victoria looks around uneasily. "Are you sure, we can trust them all. I mean after Luciano..."

"They were all checked before they entered, don't worry. We made mistakes with Luciano but that's not case here," I tell her. "Chill out, it's your wedding. Have fun. Get drunk. Nobody will care."

We continue to sway with the music slowly.

We laugh and joke around. She lets out a loud laugh when I make fun of one of the ladies dressed like a crocodile but that is cut shirt when her gaze falls on something behind me. Or rather someone.

I turn around to see what she's looking at at that has gotten her so tense, suddenly.

It's a woman. In her fifties. She has a round race face, long brown hair and brown eyes. Exactly like Victoria.

Oh shit.

It's her mom.

"Baby, hey look at me," I take her face in my hands and turn her gaze towards me. "Hey, it's okay. You're fine. Everything's fine."

"She— Christian, she's —" she chokes out. "Oh my God."

She presses a hand to her mouth, "I think I'm going to be sick."

"Shit," I pull her to the corner of the hall and look around for dad or Rico.

I see both of them together. As they know I'm looking at them, they both turn around and their eyes widen in concern when they see Victoria leaning on me for support.

They excuse themselves and walk towards us quickly.

"What's wrong? Is she okay?" Rico asks once they reach us.

"No, her— her biological mother is here," I tell him. "Dad who's that lady?" I point to the woman who is the cause of the nightmares of my wife.

"She's the wife of one of your shareholders in the company," dad tells as he looks over at Victoria who is close to passing out.

"Why is she here?" Victoria whispers out. "Please make them go away. Please."

"Baby, it's okay. Everything will be alright. I'm right here with you," I stroke her back.

"She's coming here," Rico mumbles.

"Victoria, sweetie. Is that you?" Her abnormally high pitch voice.

"Christian..." Victoria whimpers against my chest.

"Mam, can you please give her some space? She's not feeling well." Rico tries to send her away.

"Is this really my little Vicky?" She comes even closer. "Lord, I missed you my little baby girl."

"Christian," Victoria cries in my shoulder. "Send her away."

"I told Richard that you— our baby girl is the bride of Mr. Vasquez but he refused to believe me. He is going to be so excited."

"Dad," I nod towards Victoria and he immediately takes my place in front of her.

As Victoria clutches onto dad like her life depends on it.

This riles me up. I grab that woman by her elbow and drag her across the room in front of everybody until we are outside.

"What the fuck do you think you're going here?" I push her away.

"She is my daughter—"

"— that you abandoned when she was only four years old. Do you know what she had to go through in that orphanage? You destroyed  her whole life!"

"You don't know anything!" She cries out.

"I know fucking enough that you never abandon your own kid no matter what happens!" I tower over her while she cowers in fear. "She sat next to the window for years waiting for you to show up. She had no one! And you fucking broke her! You are the reason of her every nightmare!"

"Stop it, please. You don't understand," she cries.

"What is going on here?"

I turn around to see a man looking at us with wide eyes.

"Richard! Richard, I told you that it was out baby girl. It is Victoria. It's her wedding," the woman cries out.

"What?"

"But he won't let me talk to my baby girl," she cries out.

"Nora, what are you saying? Victoria is in America. There's no way."

"So you know where she is?" I stalk towards him. "You know where your daughter is but you still stand here, not going to her?!" I grab him by the collar.

"You are a fucking disgrace! Both of you are," I push him away making him fall on the ground.

"I don't want to see any of your faces around here ever again," I spit at them.

"Please just let me explain once. Don't take this right away from us," Nora cries out.

I don't reply to her but my glare stays intact.

"Chris?" Rico comes behind me. "She wants to talk to them. She just wants to know why."

"I knew she'd come around," Nora laughs. "Take me to her."

This is my breaking point. I take out my gun from my waist band and point it towards her husband. "You have no right to give us any kind of orders. It will take me a minute to blow your brains off."

"I'm sorry. I'm sorry. I just want to see my daughter."

"You are not her mother and she is not your daughter. You didn't raise her. You didn't feed her. You didn't clothe her. You have no fucking right to call her your daughter," I push her away.

"Bring them to us," I tell Rico before I make my way to my wife.

Fuck.

...

...

My babies 🥺 I love y'all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2K 74 29
Falling in love with your worst enemy is not a simple thing for anyone. ############|||||############## Alex Kensington, heir to a vast medical empi...
756 65 49
Billionaire. Bad boy. Mafiosos. ...None of which describes Christian personally; he just happens to know them all. Meet Christian, a self-contained...
33.7K 3.1K 23
"Why are you ignoring me?" "Ahh---Lucas I don't know. Whenever I have tried to trust someone I have been betrayed. Even my so-called friends have hur...