ILLICIT ° nct dream, wayv + s...

By ssancchi

[Agent/Criminal AU] She is an agent. He is the wanted target. Total opposites that should never attract. "The... More

Prologue
Characters
Chapter One: Koeun and the Elites
Chapter Two: Mark and the X-Force
Chapter Three: Executing the Mission
Chapter Four: The First Encounter
Chapter Five: Sweet Escape and Bitter Outcomes
Chapter Six: The Unexpected Member
Chapter Seven: Mission Gone Wrong
Chapter Eight: His Biggest Decision
Chapter Nine: The Danger in His Eyes
Chapter Ten: Living a New Life
Chapter Eleven: First Day of Training
Chapter Twelve: Underestimation, Intimidation
Chapter Thirteen: Not Enough First Impressions
Chapter Fourteen: More Surprises
Chapter Fifteen: Promises
Chapter Sixteen: Showing Improvement
Chapter Seventeen: Thoughts of Wonder
Chapter Eighteen: Warm Night Talks
Chapter Nineteen: The Ambush
Chapter Twenty: War Machines
Chapter Twenty-one: Her Hesitation
Chapter Twenty-two: Personal Information
Chapter Twenty-three: Discussing Plans
Chapter Twenty-four: Five Tasks for Koeun
Chapter Twenty-five: Coffee Break
Chapter Twenty-six: The Tragic Past
Chapter Twenty-seven: Parties and Champagne
Chapter Twenty-eight: Two Left Feet
Chapter Twenty-nine: Losing Focus
Chapter Thirty: Being X-posed
Chapter Thirty-one: The Message
Chapter Thirty-two: One Lives and One Dies
Chapter Thirty-three: Revelation
Chapter Thirty-four: A Last Note
Chapter Thirty-five: Broadcasting Live
Chapter Thirty-six: The Chief's Motives
Chapter Thirty-eight: Most Awaited Battles
Chapter Thirty-nine: Reuniting with Chief Jung
Chapter Forty: Separating Paths
Epilogue
Hints, Facts and a Surprise

Chapter Thirty-seven: The Rematch

2.3K 145 139
By ssancchi

Dedicated to:
lithyuck MyRainism
weirdlyweirdd _crepvxule

~*~*~*~*~

"What's going on?" Was the first thing Hina blurted out once she entered their training room.

Apparently, the Elites were informed about a commotion happening somewhere inside the building but they still didn't know why and who were causing it. They were waiting for Koeun's meeting with the chief to end when it happened.

The other members were already gearing themselves up when she arrived. Yangyang was already putting on his bulletproof vest while Hendery was already done with his black combat suit but was typing away in front of his laptop.

"I'm not quite sure," Xiaojun replied on behalf of everyone, pushing his hand inside a black tactical glove. "but it is something serious." He also finished putting the other glove, giving it a tug before he opened and clenched his hand back and forth to make itself comfortable.

"Suit up, Hina." Lucas commanded as he finished filling a magazine with bullets, sliding it back inside a magazine well. "We need everyone to handle this."

"Everyone?" Hina repeated, making her way towards the table, beside Xiaojun, to grab a handgun. This must be really serious.

"From what I have heard, they have taken down everyone on the first floor." Lucas added further, causing Xiaojun to glance at him as the latter moved to get his own bulletproof vest.

Hearing this news made Hina think, placing the gun on her gun holster that was hooked on her firearm belt. "Do you think it's the X-Force?"

This made all of them, aside from Hina, halt to whip their heads at her. Her question caught them off guard somehow but they knew it fit the description of somebody who'd infiltrate the building. The X-Force is best at that. They couldn't disagree with it.

Then their eyes threw knowing glances at each other while Hina waited for their response. It was possible that the X-Force was here for one reason.

"Everyone," But before they could respond, all of them averted their attention towards the incoming Agent Lee. "gather around."

The way he gave his order meant serious business. The Elites immediately gathered close to him. "Sir, do you know what is happening?" It was Yangyang who asked.

Agent Lee had finally stopped in front of them, giving them a stern look. "Yes, we are being attacked by the X-Force." He didn't bother beating around the bush.

The Elites gave him different reactions; some gaped at him, some bit their lips, and some clenched their jaws. "What for?" Hendery asked.

"It seems like they're here to take Koeun back." Agent Taeyong answered.

"Koeun?!"

"I knew it." Xiaojun let out a frustrated sigh, his right hand balling into a fist. Koeun just had returned to their agency, and now they want to take her again.

As if they would let that happen.

"What do they want from her?" It was Hina's turn to ask. She couldn't handle the fact that these criminals had to go through this again just for her.

Agent Lee was getting annoyed by the questions, but he had to answer either way. "Earlier, while being the chief, Koeun had told him about the information she had gathered while being with the group." He began his lie. "Apparently, she had found out about their plans on destroying the government and now they want her for that."

"Then I guess we have to take them down before they do." Lucas replied as he thought about Koeun. His partner had gone through a lot being with them. He can't let that happen again.

Agent Lee nodded at this. "That's right. Go out there and finish what you started."

"Yes, sir!" They gave him a salute.

"We won't let you down this time." Lucas had promised.

"You better won't." Agent Lee gave him a sharp look. And with that, each of them began jogging away, with Lucas giving faint orders towards his teammates.

The Elites had been training more than before. They could defeat the X-Force this time; they had to. Otherwise, this would create more problems for them to be resolved.

As he watched Lucas' team leave the room, filled with enough determination, his phone suddenly went off. He fished it out of his pocket, seeing the caller's ID. He let out a sigh before he answered the call and brought it up to his ear. "Yes?"

"It seems like the X-Force succeeded in their mission." A manly voice spoke through his phone.

This almost made Taeyong roll his eyes in frustration. "Yes, yes, I know. I've been informed about what happened to Mr. Seo last night." Now, one of the biggest outlaws and a loyal client of them had been dispatched, and the others seem to be concerned about it now. "The chief is already thinking of a way to solve this. You don't have to worry."

"But I'm not worried about that. I'm more concerned about the chief's situation now."

Taeyong immediately thought about how the X-Force is currently throwing an ambush towards the department. "The chief is on his way to escape, along with the girl. I'll catch up." He explained. "I had the agents do the rest of the work. It'll buy us some time."

"Escape?" The person on the line wondered. "Is the X-Force on your tail?"

This made Taeyong slightly confused. "Yes. The building is under attack. We didn't see it coming."

"Then, escaping won't change anything." The person stated. "If he escapes or not, he'll still lose his position in the department."

"What do you mean?" This time, Taeyong had creased his forehead in confusion.

"As I've said, the X-Force won. They had a video broadcasted all over the nation to expose him." Taeyong went silent about the news, still baffled. "I could've ordered every hacker we have to take it down but it would be too late. A mass of citizens have seen it already. People already have copies of it. It's all over the internet."

"Then that means-"

"The chief is in a lot of trouble, and so are you." The grip around Taeyong's phone tightened, even becoming more angered about this. "I suggest you get out of there and save yourself. We don't need the chief anymore." And with that, he hung up.

~*~*~*~*~

The X-Force had been inside the building for a while now but they still weren't near Koeun. Luckily for them, the girl was still wearing the leather jacket that had the tracker, making it easier for them to monitor her movements; although, they weren't sure about her exact location since the red dot that represented her kept moving about.

Currently, they were on the 5th floor of the building- the floor dedicated to the Elites. It took them quite a while to head up since they had to use the stairs due to the elevators being unavailable to use. Turns out, workers inside the building had it shut down to make it harder for them to roam around.

The floor they were currently in was deserted, mainly because they had taken down everyone they encountered. The walls, the floor, the cubicles were all white. Some of the objects around were either in black or gray, a typical look for an office.

The three remaining boys were roaming around, checking for any enemy that was hiding from them, while Mark checked Koeun's movement through the locator watch Renjun created for him.

"Have you found her location?"

Mark removed his gaze from the watch and glance at Jeno, who was heading at his way like the others. It seemed like the area was clear. "No, not yet."

"This is getting tiring." Jaemin whined while running a hand through his hair, but didn't complain about it in front of them. They had been going around and were still left with little progress.

"Where is she heading now?" Jisung was the one to ask, taking a peek at the watch.

"I'm not sure..." Mark trailed off as his sight went back to the dot.

"Wait..." Jisung's forehead slightly creased, his index finger pointing at it. "Something's not right."

The both of them watched how the red dot moved further down the building in a fast motion, unaware that the other two got intrigued and did the same. "That seems unnatural. A human can't pass through floors." Jaemin remarked after a short moment.

"She must be inside an elevator." Jeno made an assumption. On the other hand, Mark had given it a hard thought.

"But that's impossible." Jaemin contradicted. "We checked the elevators, didn't we? They weren't working."

This time, Mark had finally intervened. "No, I think Jeno has a point." He waved his other hand to stop them. "From what I can recall, the building has a secret elevator built for emergency use only."

"Do you know where that is?" Jaemin cocked an eyebrow at him.

"No," This made Jaemin sigh. "I never had the chance to see or use it."

"Then we just need to predict where she's heading."

The three of them spun their heads towards a stern-looking Jeno, as if he had the most brilliant idea. "Jeno's right." Jaemin nodded at his suggestion before he went back to Mark. "Where do you think she is now?"

Mark had checked the dot again in his watch, which was still moving south. "She seems to be taking too long to go down, therefore, there is only one place for her to go- the parking lot."

"We better get going now or we will lose her." Jaemin said towards them, motioning the way towards the stairs with his head before he moved his feet.

Mark didn't bother hesitating and quickly followed him, heading towards the end of the hallway. The other two gave each other a look before following behind them, creating a small distance in between.

No one dared to talk after that. They remained focused on their mission. All they could think as of this moment is whether they would catch up with Koeun or not.

Seeing the adjoining hallway at the end, Jaemin and Mark had took a right turn, where the stairs was supposed to be, but upon doing so, consecutive gunshots blew in the air, the bullets that luckily passed by them coming from behind.

"Shit!" Jaemin cursed out loud as he and Mark flinched at the shots, the both of them turning back to see who caused it. Mark's eyes widened when he finally saw their faces.

Standing at the other side of the hallway were Xiaojun and Yangyang, whose guns were aiming at their way. The both of them had hard looks on their faces, their eyes filled with burning hatred.

They won't give up, will they? But then again, they wouldn't give up either.

Both teams only wanted one thing from this: Koeun.

Seeing that neither of the shots hit them, the two agents were about to storm towards them when two bodies emerged to the scene, one colliding with Yangyang and the other at Xiaojun.

"Jisung!"

"Jeno!"

Both boys yelled at them for attacking so close. They immediately extended their guns out to aim at the agents, finding a perfect opening to shoot, but noticing how messy it was, they were unable to take any shot.

Since their guns slipped from their grasps, Jisung had thrown a punch towards Yangyang but the latter blocked it with his arm. He threw another but still got blocked. Jisung, then, aimed to stomp at Yangyang's left foot with his right one but the older boy quickly saw through it, moving his feet backwards. Noticing that Jisung lost his focus on his hands, Yangyang managed to break away from it by using his arms to push it before sending a hard kick towards his stomach, causing Jisung to stumble and fall to the floor.

On the other fight, Jeno's fist aimed at Xiaojun's face but the latter swiftly moved his head to avoid it. Xiaojun took this opportunity to kick Jeno to his side but he didn't budge. As Jeno tried to punch him but still getting blocked, Xiaojun tried kicking him again and to see if he would cower. Seeing that his punches was leading to nowhere, he tried grabbing the leg Xiaojun used to kick to spin him around.

The two-versus-two fight went on with Mark and Jaemin finally deciding to help them, but Jeno opposed them quickly. "Don't! Leave this to us!"

"But-"

"Just go, Jaemin! Go and get Koeun!" Jeno yelled at them before he got pulled down. He landed on the floor, chest down, making him groan.

Mark was still determined to help them and was about to run towards Jeno when Jaemin's hand gripped on his shoulder, stopping him. "We have to leave, Mark. Otherwise, Koeun will get away."

"We can't-"

"Koeun is our top priority here." Jaemin quickly cut him off. "Jeno and Jisung can handle them. We need to go!" And with that, he began to drag Mark away as fast as he could.

Mark was feeling helpless for a second as he watched the others fighting against the agents. He badly wanted to help them but Jaemin was right; they could find a way to handle the situation.

As they escaped the scene, Xiaojun had succeeded to push himself up and was back on his feet, but his attention was unto the other two. He grabbed his gun from the ground before he pushed his feet to chase them.

When he heard about trying to take Koeun again, he knew he couldn't let that happen again.

But before Xiaojun could move any further, he felt his collar being pulled backwards, slightly causing him to choke, before he got carried and thrown towards a nearby counter top. He was sent toppling above it before he landed on the floor just behind it, making him groan in pain.

While Yangyang and Jisung were busy fighting with each other, Jeno, who was already on his feet, panted heavily after throwing Xiaojun. His body was still aching from landing on the floor earlier.

A few seconds later, a hand emerged from the counter and heavily slammed on it, followed by another that did the same thing. A little later, Jeno saw Xiaojun's black hair which followed by his mad face as he pushed himself up.

Their vengeful eyes locked as Xiaojun finally stood up, both of them panting. Xiaojun felt a stinging pain on his left cheek and used the back of his hand to touch it. It seemed like Jeno had been successful in wounding him.

"So," Jeno's sharp eyes remained in contact with him as he slightly raised his chin, showing intimidation. "we meet again."

~*~*~*~*~

I've been meaning to write Jeno and Xiaojun's rematch!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.3K 1K 54
Bts Jimin ff Meet Park Jimin. One of the best secret agents of the states with a revengeful yet charming personality. He never fails his mission to...
88K 5.7K 31
a bit of nicotine, plenty of teens, and a unique love story. nct ot21 gang au warnings: violence, a lot of cursing
255K 10.1K 46
Where bad boy Jisung fell in love with goody two shoes Chenle. Mature Content: - smoking - drinking - drug use - suicidal thoughts and things - s...
130K 5.2K 71
You are the Avatar but you must keep it a secret. ============================= NCT x Reader (OC) Fanfiction ============================= TW : viol...