INFINITY, peeta mellark ✔️

By sporadicstarsx

in which a teenage girl finds a safe place with the boy from district twelve. CATCHING FIRE - MOCKINGJAY ST... More

𝐈𝐍𝐅𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐘
𝐏𝐋𝐀𝐘𝐋𝐈𝐒𝐓
𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐎𝐍𝐄
i. fiction is better
ii. crying hurts too much
iii. mistaking strength for weakness
iv. managing small smiles
v. two of us
vi. the broken one
vii. light blue
viii. game on
ix. establishing trust
xi. pearls
xii. the clock is ticking
xiii. shattered illusions
xiv. destruction
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐖𝐎
xv. broken hearts club
xvi. manipulation
xvii. anger
xviii. coming home
xix. peeta mellark
𝐏𝐀𝐑𝐓 𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄
xx. sweet talk
xxi. wedding
xxii. meal time
xxiii. let the rebellion begin
xxiv. real or not real
xxv. consequences of battle
xxvi. losing those you love
xxvii. coping
xxviii. the death of snow
xxix. family
𝐄𝐏𝐈𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄
𝐄𝐋𝐄𝐍𝐀'𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐓𝐓𝐄𝐑
𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐍𝐊 𝐘𝐎𝐔!
New Fic
christmas one shot
note
rewrite is up now!

x. poisonous to the touch

25.7K 917 305
By sporadicstarsx

CHAPTER TEN!

POISONOUS TO THE TOUCH.

WATER. In reality, they're currently surrounded by it and yet it is not safe to drink. Therefore, they're currently trying to soothe their dry throats with nothing but their saliva which is running out as it is. Elena is leaning against a tree with her eyes closed, her head pounding due to the dehydration.

"There has to be water somewhere. They won't just let us all die this way," Finnick points out as Katniss opts to climb a tree in order to try and see around the rest of the arena. Moments later, she returns to the other three.

"The force field, it's a dome. We're at the edge of the arena. I couldn't find any signs of fresh water," Katniss breathes as he eyes stray to Peeta who still is not looking one hundred percent.

"It's gonna get dark soon. We'll be safe if our back is protected. We should set up camp, I'll take first watch," Finnick offers which Katniss expresses her immediate displeasure at, scoffing lightly when he speaks.

"Not a chance,"

"I can take first watch," Elena says softly and the remaining three tributes turn to look at her, Finnick immediately shaking his head.

"You need your sleep, Lena," His tone is almost gentle before he turns to look at Katniss again. "Honey, that thing I did back there for Peeta, it's called saving his life. If I wanted to kill either of you, I would've done it by now,"

Finnick gets up and walks away from the District Twelve tributes and Elena spares them a look before following. Her partner smiles at her as he finds a spot to sleep and pats the ground beside him. The blonde sits down and rests her head on his shoulder as his arm wraps around hers.

"Get some rest, yeah?" Finnick speaks quietly and Elena nods her head in response, closing her eyes.

Some time later, both Finnick and Katniss sit awake and in relative silence until the older of the two decides to speak up.

"How's Peeta?" Finnick questions and the girl looks to him.

"He's okay, I think. Just dehydrated like the rest of us. How's she?" Katniss directs the last part towards the blonde who is lightly snoring against his shoulder. Katniss has to admire his current dedication to the girl, how worried he was at the cornucopia earlier wipes away her initial thoughts of him fleeing later on. He wouldn't leave her, that much is evident.

"She's alright. Probably just tired, it's been a long day already," He keeps his voice quiet to avoid waking her up but she wakes moments later anyway due to the loud music that begins to boom around the arena.

Slowly, her eyes open up and she immediately sees the images in the sky. Elena has to stop herself from fidgeting when the face of the man she and Peeta had killed earlier, shows up. The girl allows her head to return to Finnick's shoulder as she seeks his comfort, the comfort she gains by just being near him. When the images fade, she closes her eyes again, consequently allowing their faces to reappear in her mind.

"Eight," Katniss comments and Finnick makes a small noise of agreement as the arena becomes quiet once again.

Elena can feel herself dozing off again when Finnick suddenly moves, her eyes flying open in alarm. Katniss is now standing with a small container in her hands, the ones that usually come from the Capitol. Somebody had sent her a gift.

"Drink up?" Katniss mutters quietly as she looks at the item, her eyes survey it in order to find what he means.

"What is it?" The man from four asks as he moves over to her.

"It's from Haymitch. I think it's a spile,"

"A what?"

Elena gets to her feet and watches on as Katniss hammers the object into one of the trees. The time they wait seems almost endless but soon, what begins to fall from the object. Katniss makes a noise of delight and starts to drink some. The blonde smiles and looks over to Peeta who seems almost unaware of the situation.

"Peeta. Water," Elena calls to him and his head snaps to the side, getting to his feet instantly in order to quench his thirst.

"Have some water," Finnick says to the teenagers, Peeta stepping back and allowing Elena to have some first which she is grateful for.

The water slides down her throat, curing the dryness that once plagued it. She chuckles lightly as she steps away, truly grateful for Haymitch Abernathy in that very moment.

Later in the evening, a mysterious bell like noise makes itself known throughout the arena. Katniss and Finnick talk quietly about it for a few moments before Finnick drifts off to sleep, his head gently resting on top of Elena's. It's almost peaceful, three of them dreaming away as Katniss stays on watch. However, they're rudely awoken when Katniss screams at them to get up.

"Run! Run! The fog is poisoned!" Katniss yells and before she can even process it, Elena is scooped up into Finnick's arms as he starts to run from the fog. Katniss and Peeta stumble ahead of them, the both of them desperately trying to escape its wrath as well.

"Finn. Finn, I can run!" Elena says loudly as he starts to struggle with both running and carrying her at the same time. "Finnick!"

Without a moments hesitation, he drops her to her feet beside him, grabbing her hand and pulling her along with him. Elena lags behind slightly, the fog hitting her hand which causes a small gasp of pain to fall from her lips. At this, Finnick tugs her a little harsher, causing her to catch up with him.

"I can't carry him. Peeta please. Get up, we have to go," Katniss' voice is pain filled and desperate.

Elena pulls away from Finnick and helps pick the boy up as best as she can, her District Partner helping her out. They struggle to move further enough away from the incoming fog, knowing that they most likely won't escape its clutches. It begins to close in on them more and Elena screeches when it grazes the side of her face, the pain causing her to collapse and tumble.

The four of them lay flat on their backs as the fog transcends, all of them having been effected enough to knock them down. Elena feels a tear fall down the side of her face at the magnitude of the pain on her face which is partnered with that of the pain on her hand. The girl is unaware of the fog rolling in, her leg laying out of the invisible boundary that is made known when the fog comes to a halt. She screams as her leg gets stuck in it, unable to move due to the pain.

Two pairs of hands gently grab her and pull her away, Elena's watery eyes meeting bright blue ones. She can see his mouth moving but the pain begins to truly catch up to her, her mind too focused on that rather than what he's saying. Another cry escapes her as she is slowly submerged within the water.

Peeta cups his hand and uses it to wash away the aftermath that is present on her face, gently rubbing her cheek with his thumb afterwards to make sure it's gone.

"It's okay now, Elena. We have to go and help Finnick now," Peeta's voice is soothing but his end statement only causes more panic.

"Finn. Finn!" The thought of him being in this much pain or close to death does nothing but scare her beyond repair. Peeta helps her sit up and when she feels even slightly capable, she moves to get to Finnick, helping pull him into the water.

Even though her leg and hand still ache, she immediately starts to wash his face, grabbing his head between her hands so that she can survey him further. When he's ok, the first thing she does is throw herself into his arms, hugging him close. Finnick, who in reality is just as frightened, hugs her back — neither of them quick to let go.

NOTE!

Hope you enjoyed!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

147K 5.1K 19
"𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦 𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘲𝘶𝘪𝘤𝘬 𝘵𝘰 𝘢𝘴𝘴𝘶𝘮𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘰𝘱𝘭𝘦 𝘢𝘳𝘦 𝘥𝘦𝘢𝘥, 𝘧𝘪𝘯𝘯" "𝘪 𝘬𝘯𝘰𝘸, 𝘪𝘵'𝘴 𝘢 𝘣𝘢𝘥 𝘩𝘢𝘣𝘪𝘵" Hunger games F...
215K 6.5K 32
❛ HOPE ISN'T SOMETHING GIFTED TO YOU IT'S SOMETHING YOU ACHIEVE. ❜ in which a small girl from district ten must protect...
15.2K 408 28
The Hunger Games | Finnick Odair ----------- ❝Don't leave me, please don't leave me. Don't leave me alone.❞ ❝I won't leave you Finnick,❞ She kissed...
413K 8.6K 112
• pre-hunger games -> post-mockingjay pt 2 • Finnick Odair X female OC •I edit as I post the chapters (if I can be bothered) A story in which two...