Smitten Anyway

By Gayatrikothuri

Angelina and Jacob may like or strongly dislike each other but they are smitten anyway. ***** Drew is Angelin... More

About The Book
Achievements
My Interview
Cast
Chapter 1 : First Day Drama
Chapter 2 : The Drama Continues...
Chapter 3 : Retaliation
Chapter 4 : Let The War Begin Part 1
Chapter 6 : Fraternizing With The Enemy
Chapter 7 : Hate Is A Very Strong Word
Chapter 8 : Untamed Night
Chapter 9 : Revelations Part 1
Chapter 10 : Revelations Part 2
Chapter 11 : Maybe History Is Repeating Itself
Chapter 12 : Clubs And Cheerleading Tryouts
Chapter 13 : Google Can Never Fail Me
Chapter 14 : Our Bonding Is More Important
Chapter 15 : Prank War And Cell phones
Chapter 16 : Truce
Chapter 17: New Beginnings
Cover and Banners
Chapter 18: I Will Always Love You
Chapter 19: Sleepover
Chapter 20: Jealousy
Chapter 21: Anything For You
Chapter 22: Business Party
Chapter 23: Dad's Baby Girl
Chapter 24: Our Own Always
Chapter 25: Dating Within Friend Group is Awful
Chapter 26: Crazy Is The New Normal
Chapter 27: Hyping Up The School Spirits

Chapter 5 : Let The War Begin Part 2

169 58 90
By Gayatrikothuri

Angelina's POV

Currently, we are at the basketball court since the tryouts are about to start. Rosie, Katie, Justin and Noah are sitting on the bleachers and I am with Ash and Chris. Drake had some things to do so he said would come after us. As for Ash, I am so proud he got made the captain. He really deserves it.

"All the best brother dearest; I really hope you get the best team to lead," I say, hugging him.

"Hey, don't go all soft on me," He teases and I hit him.

"Okay now stop, won't want our captain to get injured even before the tryouts," Chris says, chuckling.

"All the best to you too, do well," I say, hugging him as well.

"Thanks," He says, before going towards the locker room with Ash.

"Hey Tiger!" Drake calls, before rushing towards me. Why is he so worked up?

"What happened? And why are you grumpier than usual?" I joke.

"Haha, very funny," He says, giving me the stink eyes. "Forget that, I have to tell you something really important."

I raise an eyebrow asking him to continue.

"Someone spread a message that there is a party at your place to celebrate the fact that Asher got made captain. Guess who?"

That asshole! I search for him in bleachers. I mean his friend is also trying out, so he must have the decency to at least show up and cheer for his friend.

When I find him, his head is turned away from me, but that doesn't stop me from glaring. He must have felt it as he turns and his familiar stormy blue eyes meet my baby blues but that doesn't stop me from glaring.

He just smirks and holds a finger up. Jake: 1, Anne: 2. Is that so? Well I will show him who the queen here is. I send him a mocking smile and shake my head then sign wait and watch. Just wait and watch how I turn the tables on you. Let the war begin.

Just then the tryouts begin so I flash Ash and Chris a smile and follow Drake to the bleachers.

When we sit on the bleachers Drake turns to me.

"What was it with the staring and signs?"

"He spread the message." Is all I say.

"How do you know?"

"I just know" Just then Chris throws a 3 - pointer and we all cheer for him.

Then Justin comes and sits beside me. "What happened just before the tryouts started? And don't even try to say that it was nothing. I saw you two speaking tensely and your staring match with Wilson after that."

"Of course you saw." I mutter. He gives me a look.

"He spread a message that there is a party at my place celebrating the fact that Ash got made team captain." I sigh.

"That jerk." He balls his fists.

"I was thinking maybe we should really organize a party. I mean Ash got made captain and I am really proud of him, he deserved it. And it would also turn the tables on Jacob. But the problem is our parents would not allow us to throw a party even if they may let us go to one." I confess.

"Well it's a great idea and as for where to conduct the party, we can do it at our place. It can hold everyone as well. We can always say that we wanted to invite more people to not only celebrate Asher but the whole new basketball team." He smiles.

"Thank you! Thank you so much!" I say hugging him. He just blushes.

"Why are you so excited?" Katie asks from behind me.

"Grab everyone's attention, let's get it over with. We can just inform Ash and Chris later."

"Okay..."

Once she calls everyone I fill them up on Jacob's plan and mine.

"It's really okay with you guys right if we host a party at your place?" I ask the triplets.

"Of course sweetheart any reason to host a party is acceptable." Noah answers excitedly.

"Tiger we have no problem, as you said Asher deserves it and seeing Wilson's face when he learns that his plan backfired would be an added bonus. Drake says.

"Well great, after the tryouts spread the word, though I want to be the one who invites Jacob." They all say words of agreement and then we all turn to watch the tryouts.

*****

"Congrats for the new team bro and Chris I knew you would be staying on the team." I say just as they come out of the locker room and fist bumping them.

"Thanks lil sis." Ash says and Chris smiles.

"I am letting it slide this time as I am happy for you speaking of which I need to tell you guys something."

"What is it?" Chris asks.

"First of all, please don't get angry."

"Not the best starting line Anne." Chris says.

"Shut up! Anne did someone hurt you? Because I swear I will..." Ash begins.

"No! No! No one hurt me. It's just that Jacob spread a word that there is a party at our place to celebrate the fact that you got the captain position. But we have taken care of it." I rush.

"Taken care how?"

"I thought I am really proud of you so why not really hold a party and before you freak out again it is at the triplets place. Consider it as a surprise from your twin. Pissing Jacob off is just a bonus."

"That's fine, thank you sis."

"And yeah, you both will not help with the preparation as it is for the whole basketball team. Go tell your team that and spend the day bonding with them."

"Okay fine, and thank you for the thought Anne." Chris says.

"No worries. Enjoy!"

After that I go searching for the asshole. Just when I am about to pass by the locker room I see Dylan coming out and going towards Dasher and Jacob. I let them share pleasantries before calling them.

"Hey Dash, Dyl and asshole!" I say.

"Hey Anne! What brings you here?" Dasher asks.

"Can't I talk to my old lab partner just like that?" I ask him half seriously.

"Of course you can." He laughs nervously. He is so gullible, but it's cute.

"Chill I was just joking." I chuckle."By the way Great job Dyl! All the best for the upcoming games as well." I smiles at him. We always talk when he comes over with the basketball team and let me tell this guy is really fun. How this asshole landed such sweet friends I would never know.

"Thanks Anne." He smiles back.

"But as always Dash is right, I do have something to tell you guys." I say smiling at them completely ignoring Jacob.

"Really? What is it?" Dasher asks.

"Look I am not going to take no for an answer. There is a party at the triplets' place tomorrow night at 8 to celebrate our new basketball team and its captain who happens to be my twin. You all have to come. But you may have already heard as we are spreading the message in the whole school. We are also asking everyone to invite their friends as well. And I assure you it is going to be the best party ever." I say. Though I have to try really hard to keep my face straight as I am sure they must have had helped Jacob in planning.

"Wasn't it at your place?" Dylan asks tentatively. Oh so he is a good actor as well?

"At first yeah but we thought the more the merrier you know. So we shifted it at the triplets' place since it is bigger. You all are coming right?"

"Yeah we will don't worry." Dasher answers.

"Great! See you tomorrow guys." I smile at them and then turn to give Jacob a smirk and then walk away. Tomorrow their faces would be worth watching. Just then I hear their distant voices.

"Nicknames for you guys and asshole for me." Jacob says bitterly.

"Well asshole is also a kind of nickname." Dylan says then there is a sound of someone getting hit. This sends me off laughing.

I am still smiling a bit when I reach Rosie and Katie who are talking to Mia, Emma and Sophia.

"What does the cheer captain have to say to us low - lives?" I joke.

"Oh Anne you are hardly low - life." Sophia says ever the sweet girl. "And I heard about the party, we will definitely come."

"Great! And I hope you all enjoy it."

"Actually I want to ask you one more thing. Would you try out for the cheer team? I know you always say no but it's our senior year and you can cheer for your brother as well. I was just asking Rosie and Katie about the same."

"What do you guys say?" I ask Rosie and Katie.

"We have no problem and I think we should." Rosie answers.

"Please tryout! It would be a lot of fun." Emma says with hopeful eyes. Well it wouldn't be that bad I guess.

"Let it be Soph, Em she won't." Mia smirks.

"As a matter of fact I was about to yes. I mean why not I can support my brother and school, my last year here." I say smirking back and her smirk falters.

"Great! I am so excited! The tryouts are on Monday after school. Don't be late." Sophia says excitedly. Her excitement is so contagious that it fills me up with excitement too.

"I am so happy you said yes, it's about time you girls joined. Bye! See you girls in the party." Emma says walking away with Sophia and Emma.

"Wow I didn't expect you to say yes." Katie remarks.

"It's because of the same reason I told them."

"Whatever maybe the reason, I am glad you did. And how did it go telling Ash, Chris and then most importantly Jacob about the party?" I fill them in about everything. Noah messages us, telling us to meet at the diner, so that we can discuss the details. So we all leave for the diner.

*****

Author's Note

Hey everyone!

I published two whole chapters in a single day. I am really on a roll. And I gave a glimpse of Sophia and Emma, do you like them? I also tried to show more about Anne's relationship with Ash. Hope you guys like the story so far.

Have a nice day! 🙃

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

17.9K 975 55
It's nothing like you imagine. Please give it a chance. ✷✷✷✷ She smacked my head. I smacked her head. She stuck out her tongue. I stuck out my tongue...
480 97 18
" It's not about who becomes your friend but it's all about who stays . " The beginning was great , a bunch of highschoolers who are friends since m...
518K 16.7K 54
Fire and Water. That's what they were. Together they were just whispers of what could have happened and what could have been. Running from a tragic p...
185K 6.5K 41
"Touch me and -" I glare at him. "And what?" He smirks, taking a step forward leaving no space between me and the wall behind me. Amy is starting hig...