Happy April Fools? A KOTLC fa...

By kotlcfanatix

The gang had gathered in Everglen for a sleepover when Sophie shared one human tradition. April Fools. Ever... More

AUTHOR'S NOTE !!
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22.5
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 5

11.3K 124 580
By kotlcfanatix

DISCLAIMER: I DO NOT OWN ANY OF THE CHARACTERS. THEY ARE ALL BY SHANNON MESSENGER FROM KEEPER OF THE LOST CITIES.

----------
3RD PERSON
----------

They all agreed to come to Everglen to brainstorm what they're going to with the unexpected situation that went their way.

Biana was still upstairs, fixing Sophie's belongings while Fitz was busy discussing with Alden about what just happened.

Dex has pretty much explained to Tam and Linh what happened and they were both determined to bring back Sophie's memories.

Keefe was just sitting there, absentmindedly looking at the sky.

"Okay, I got Sophie's things now. We should probably leap together when Fitz comes." Biana said, holding Sophie's bagpack. Just as she was about to sit, her imparter, flashing Sophie's names in curves and loops.

"Oh, this is so cool!" Sophie said the moment Biana accepted it. To be honest, it wasn't what she was expecting to hear.

"Sophie?" Biana said. That caught everyone's attention around her, making them squeeze next to her to see the image from the imparter.

"So hey!" She said. "I was looking for something to wear and then this mirror with a face said you have some of my things and- don't get your hopes high, I don't remember you yet- but I remembered you were there earlier. So I guess we really do know each other, huh."

Biana's spirit diminished a little when she heard that Sophie still doesn't remember her, or anyone at all. But, she was glad she wasn't pushing them away, since she has all the right to do so.

"Actually, we were just about to leap to your house today, so like, do you mind?" Biana asked, hoping yes for an answer.

"Of course not! It's too quiet in here and I need someone to talk to anyways. I mean, someone's talking in my head right now, I think I hit my head so hard gosh, I just don't know." She said laughing.

"Talking in her head? That must be a transmission, from Fitz, maybe?" Dex said. They looked back and saw no signs of Fitz leaving the mansion, so it's possible.

"What is the voice saying?" Biana asked.

"Umm, the voice keeps calling me. Am I mentally ill now?" She asked, hoping someone could tell her what was going on.

"How does telepathy works?" Biana whispered to the group.

"I think you need to focus on the person's mind then transmit?" Keefe shrugged, technically not the best person to ask.

"Oh, then Sophie can't answer Fitz back, she doesn't know him- yet." Linh added.

"Sophie, can you try imagining making a barrier in your mind?" Biana suggested. She heard it from someone- probably her brother, that human thoughts are loud so they create a 'shield' to help them stop from automatically picking it up.

Sophie's brows furrowed as she looks like she was trying what the girl suggested. "Oh! So that's the trick! Thanks! I'll be waiting for you here." She said as the call was cut.

As soon as the call ended, they saw Fitz walking closer to them. He looked dejected, but at the same time, hopeful.

"You do know that Sophie doesn't know, or remember how to use her abilities, right?" Tam said, which made Fitz flinch.

Bullseye. They all thought.

"How did you-"

"Sophie called me. She's waiting for us at Havenfield. Let's go." Biana cut him off as they all walked towards the Leapmaster.

"HAVENFIELD" they all shouted at the same time.

----------

"Sophie, can we come in?" Dex shouted from the door. Without any response, the door opened by itself.

"Wow. She got the hang of telekenesis already?" Dex said in surprise.

They all entered and sat at their living room. Minutes later, they heard a loud sound coming from her room. They were all about to go but Biana stopped them.

"I'm a girl, and I'm the closest to who she knows right now so I'll go." They all sat back down, making perfect sense of what she just said.

She went up the stairs, slowly bringing her foot down in each step to avoid scaring Sophie. Once she was infront of her door, she knocked three times before asking "Sophie is everything okay?"

"Yeah." She replied instantly. "You can enter." she added.

She turned the knob, pushing the door to have full access to her room. What she saw next surprised her, whether it's the fact that Sophie's room is unusually untidy, or the fact that the girl in question is wearing a dress. A dress.

"Sorry, it's messy right now. I was looking for clues." Biana nodded, now understanding how her room came to be like that.

She shook her head, remembering the real reason why she went to her room. "Sophie, what was that loud sound a while ago?"

"Oh that, err-"

"She tripped. Over nothing. You should've seen her fall." A face emerged from the mirror, which Biana remembered to be Vertina, Jolie's spectral mirror.

Sophie was frowning at her, obviously not pleased by how she was exposed. "Oh please. Don't embarass me more." Sophie mumbled and stepped away from the mirror's range.

"So, are they all downstairs?" Sophie asked Biana, trying to do a quick topic change. 

But, Biana was still looking at her like how she did when she first entered. She knows Sophie's beautiful, but she's still not used to it, especially when Sophie dresses up by herself.

"Umm, hello?" Sophie said, tapping Biana's shoulder lightly. "Oh! What? Oh yes! They're downstairs. Do you want to see them?" She said to which Sophie nodded.

They were on the way down when Sophie stopped. Instead of going down, she looked over the 2nd floor's hallway, overseeing the whole living room.

"Eh? I never knew I had quite a number of friends." She said out loud. Everyone looked in her direction, and Biana noticed Fitz's face turn red.

"Woah, Foster! Did Biana dress you up?" Keefe said, too natural. "What?" Sophie asked, obviously confused by his statement.

"Eh? You didn't?" Keefe looked at Biana at which Biana vigorously shook his head. "Okay, that's new." He remarked.

"Do I never dress up?" Sophie said as she was on her way down, half walking, half leaping.

"Well, for one, you hated dresses."

Sophie reached the living room while Biana followed. "Eh, that's a waste. You're telling me that with all these hot boys I never even tried impressing them?" Sophie raised one eyebrow and looked at the four boys, who's faces are now as red as a tomato.

"Okay Keefe, I think it's pretty much Sophie who makes you blush now." Biana giggled along with Linh.

"I mean, you even made my brother blush? I should praise you for that." Linh added.

"H-hey! I was not totally prepared for that!" Keefe said in defense. Sophie crossed her arms and said "So what do you expect from me?"

"Umm, falling or tripping while going down the stairs?"

"Oh." Sophie said. "So I was really clumsy even way before." she muttered.

Biana filled them in that the loud thump they heard was actually Sophie tripping over nothing. Sophie, of course, felt the need to hide her face due to embarassment.

They all laughed at it, which as Keefe said "Oh it's still Foster, alright."

They all sat down now, and introduced themselves once again to Sophie. They agreed to the order that they'd introduced to her according to who she met first.

"I am Fitz Vacker, we met in the Forbidden Cities when I was looking for you. I am your partner in telephaty." He explained.

"Telepathy? Oh! You were the voice earlier! I'm sorry I treated you like a mental illness." She said, which made Keefe laugh so hard that Fitz had to elbow him, making him fall from the sofa.

"Okay I'm next. I am Biana Vacker, I am Fitz's sister. We met when you stayed first at our house, when you were still new to the Lost Cities." She explained. "Oh, I'm also a Vanisher." She added as she demonstrated her ability infront of her.

"That's amazing!" Sophie clapped. "Can I do that too?"

"Well, we still don't know, but I hope not. You'll be taking my place as the Vanisher in our group." Biana joked which made Sophie giggle.

"I am Dex Dizznee, I am your bestfriend and somewhat we're cousins because of your adoptive parents. We first met at our apothecary, Slurps and Burps, when you were new and buying for some elixirs. I am a technopath." Dex explained.

"So, what does a technopath do?" She asked, her eyes filled with curiosity.

"I can fix or create gadgets on my whim. I was the one who programmed your ipod to play even if you're here in the lost cities." He said.

"Really? Thank you so much!" Sophie said with pure gratitude.

"Okay I'm next!" Keefe shouted. He stood up as he placed a fist on his chest. "I am Keefe Sencen, the hottest troublemaker in the world. We first met when you were lost looking for the Healing Center. I am an Empath, meaning I can recognize emotions when I touch someone. Also, I am your boyfriend." He smuggly said with his signature smirk on his face.

Well, he immediately received a smack on the head from Fitz from that statement.

"Boyfriend? Huh. How did I capture your heart?" Sophie asked seriously which made Keefe embarassed. "I- err, I captured yours! I think?" That answer made Sophie laugh.

"I am Linh Song, and this is my twin, Tam. You met us when you were at Exillium. I am a hydrokinetic which means I can control water, and Tam here is a Shade, meaning he controls the shadows." Linh explained.

"I kinda get the picture for controlling water, but how about the shadows?" Sophie asked curiously.

Like this. Tam shadow whispered to Sophie.

"Ohh!! Someone just whispered. Was that the shadow? That's so cool!" She said.

"I guess it's my turn. I am Sophie Elizabeth Foster, and you probably know me better than myself at the moment so I hope we could all get along." She said cheerily.

They all placed the food they brought into which they shared with each other. They tell Sophie different stories from their memories.

They also tried teaching her how to use her abilities again, and she was glad to hear Silveny's transmissions again, even if she doesn't remember her yet.

"Foster, do you remember being in the Team Foster-Keefe?" Keefe asked.

"What's that?" She asked.

"Our couple name." Keefe smirked. Fitz was about to smack him again when Keefe evaded. "Ha! Not gonna fall for the same trick twcie!" He said.

"Keefe Sencen..." Sophie whispered.

They all looked at her and said "What's wrong? Do you remember something?" And Keefe was like "Hell yeah, she's gonna remember me first!"

"Umm, I'm sorry, can I get all the names of the boys again?" They all said their names and Sophie whispered their names again. "Fitz Vacker? Fitzroy? Dex Dizznee? Dexter? Keefe Sencen? Tam Song? I kinda saw those names somewhere..." she thought long hard until she realized something.

"So, do you remember anything?" Fitz asked.

"Yeah, at first I thought 'I'm a two-timer?!' Then now I realized I was a total four-timer." She said as she face palmed.

"Wait- hold up. What are you saying?" Keefe said. "Wait here" Sophie said as she went upstairs.

The group looked at each other and they heard a lot of "Not this!", "Where did I put that!" "Aha- no. Not this too!" from upstairs until Sophie screamed and said "This is it!" She went downstairs and held out a scroll in her hand.

"You see, I was trying to look for hints to get my memory baxk when I saw this scroll. There's like a list of names of boys in here, arranged in some order. And-" before she could finish, Biana dragged Sophie and Linh upstairs and shouted "GIRL TALK! DON'T COME IN!" before locking the door.

The boys looked at each other dumbfounded.

"Isn't that?" Dex pointing to the direction the girls went to.

"Yeah, her matchmaking scroll." Keefe confirmed.

"What does she mean by a total four timer?" Tam asked.

That's when Fitz had the realization.

"Guys, I think I know what she meant. But, you must not let them know that I told you this." The other boys nodded, and sat closer to Fitz.

"Okay. Last night, Biana asked dad if it's possible to have two number one's in a matchmaking scroll. I kind of felt they were talking about Sophie, but she insisted she doesn't know who her number one is. But, what if Grady told her about it, without telling her who they are." Fitz explained, looking at the other 3, waiting for their agreement.

"And when she said two timer, she probably meant the two number one's she has. And by four timer, does that mean she got two number two's as well?" Dex added.

"Well, that may be. It's Sophie after all, but why our names?" Tam asked.

This time, it was Keefe's time to realize something.

"It's because, it's us four on the top of the list."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

93.5K 2.4K 23
Keefe's departure took a toll on Sophie. She's been in a bad place, her life spiraling downhill. Deciding that she can't stay at Foxfire for the Elit...
1.2K 11 18
What would've happened if they had already found elisyn before Fitz and Sophie did the inquisition? and more importantly, what happens to Sophie and...
131K 2.5K 21
#13 in kotlc She only smiled up at him wading out deeper into the water. "I'm gonna go deeper than you," she teased. "In the water, or in our relatio...
15.5K 232 40
"this is the last time," sophie knew it in her heart. it was the last time she'd make anymore mistakes, hurt other people. she couldn't fall for anyt...