Loving the tutor

By zoeamar

WHen Jessica, astraight A student is made to tutor the highschools golden boy, things get interesting. but as... More

Loving the Tutor
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Quick Info
Chapter 8
Info!!!!
Chapter 9
Info!!!!
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15

Chapter 10

585 7 2
By zoeamar

Hey everyone! I’m kind of sad cos no one seems to be commenting but I really want to make the 30 comment mark and the 3,000 read mark. I know with your help I can! PLz keep reading voting and commenting cos it inspires me to write more. This is a long chapter, don’t hate me, but hopefully it’s not too boring!

Zoeamar:~)

Chapter 10

I don’t know how long I stood there outside that warehouse. How long I waited for someone to come get me. But I didn’t know who I wanted to come. The only people I wanted to see were my parents, and they were gone. All because of …this. I was a freak. I was like them, I could…I could go places just thinking about them. Does that sound freaky to you? Right, that’s getting me a one way ticket to Looney tunes ville.

While most teenage girls have their normal problems of losing their phone and getting the newest handbag that just sold out, I’m caught in a war between my two…friends and could likely get killed.

I kicked what looked like a rock in frustration but instead my foot slammed into something rock solid. OUCH! I’ve really got to watch what I’m kicking. My mom always used to tell me something. I think it was something like  curiosity killed the cat.

 I picked it up and examined it. A brick. Where had that come from? As I scanned my surroundings I started thinking more about Alec and Nick. What could I call them?  Alec had said he’d loved me but I didn’t know about Nick either. So frustrating!

My eyes froze on something. I knew where the brick came from. A large gaping hole marked another building to the side of the where house. Bricks where scattered everywhere. It was as if something had punched the wall in. But it was a brick wall.

I walked on over, again with the whole curiosity killed the cat forgotten, and poked my head inside. A strange familiar smell suddenly filled my senses. It smelt like my mom’s delicious apple pie. It smelled so warm and fresh, but it was pitch black inside. I tried to tell myself not to go in there, that there was something bad in there, but the delicious sweet smell overwhelmed my senses.

I unconsciously stepped through the hole and found myself in darkness, except for a small amount of light coming from the hole. I had a sick feeling in my stomach and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I went to turn back when the smell around me grew stronger. Warmth seeped through me  and I nearly sighed out loud. It smelt so nice. Would it be so bad just to walk a little further…

I broke out of the trance and shook my head harshly. This was bad. A trap.

“Who’s there?” I asked firmly. “Show yourself” I felt quite dizzy because of the apple pie scent but I managed to stay focused enough to keep my will.

“Jess? Jess is that you sweetheart?” A familiar voice came from further into the darkness.

I froze and my heart started racing. My hand stretched forward, shaking in fear and amazement.

“Mum?” I asked in fear sounding like a young child. Was she here? Was she alive?

A figure stepped forward, shining golden in my vision. My mother stood smiling with open arms. She didn’t look injured, she looked fine. But something was different about her. There was something I couldn’t quite figure out but there was something off.

“Mum? Is it really you?”

My mother gave a gentle nod. I felt my heart flutter in happiness. She was here! She was ok! I ran forward to hug her when I figured it out. I stopped in my tracks and looked into the face of the woman who’d brought me up since I was a child. I’d figured out what was different. Why even though she seemed so bright and happy, nearly glowing in the darkness she seemed cold.

Her eyes. They weren’t her natural beautiful blue eyes. They were the darkest black and seemed to stare right through me. I took a few back steps, almost falling over as I tried to make my way out of the building.

This wasn’t my mother. I didn’t know what it was.

It followed me gracefully still wearing a welcoming smile. All I could do was stare into those empty eyes.

“Don’t you want to give your mother a hug?” It asked sweetly. Then it did the most breath-taking smile that made me stop. The beautiful smells changed to floral, with lavender and rose. It was all so beautiful. I couldn’t move, I was too hypnotised by it all.

It walked closer and I watched in horror as my mother’s face was distorted into a monster’s. Her teeth grew vicious fangs and her hair became alive like snakes. She reached over me and placed her hands on the sides of my face. All I saw was the blackness in her eyes. My mind became foggy, I couldn’t think straight.

The thing suddenly went flying into the wall landing with a thud on the ground.

“Jessica! Jess where are you?” I heard Alec call from over to my left. I slowly stumbled forward feeling dizzy when I noticed the smell was gone. All I smelt now was moisture and dust. 

“I’m here! I’m here” I choked out. Alec came running over and I managed to breath in relief. Alec stopped suddenly and I wondered what was wrong. He looked at me, eyes wide in fear and horror and his throat made an odd choking noise.

“Jessica! Oh god!” He yelled out and started running towards me. What was he doing?

I turned around and saw a man. He had dark black eyes and black lips. He was smiling devilishly at Alec and had his right hand raised at him. What was he doing to Alec?

I turned around just in time to see Alec slam into me. I was pushed onto the ground with Alec on top of me. He looked like he was living a nightmare.

“Alec get off me!” I shouted and pushed him away. My voice seemed to break Alec from his trance.

“Jessica?” He looked at me in awe and stood up quickly and pulled me up as well. He turned to face the man I’d seen and his face lit up in some sort of realisation.

“Get out of here Jessica. Now…before….” Alec started shaking violently and I didn’t know why. He had his hands clenched so hard at his sides I could see his knuckles.

“Alec! Alec!” I cried. I was starting to get real worried. I faced the man who was still grinning with his black lips.

I ran forward, not particularly sure on what I was going to do.

I ended up going with a punch to the face. The man didn’t even flinch, he just turned his head towards me and scowled. He then raised his hand up towards me and I was suddenly seeing spiders. Everywhere, crawling all over me, I could feel them. In my hair crawling into my mouth.

I screamed out loud and I barely got time to see Alec run forward and kick the guy down before Spiders covered my eyes.

…………………………………………………………………………………………………………………

My head felt groggy and it hurt. My eyes fluttered open and I was staring back into a pair of beautiful green ones. I sighed in relief that it wasn’t black. I was lying on the cold floor outside the warehouse again.

It was Alec leaning over me. He grabbed my hand and I was yanked up to my feet. All I could remember was spiders, all those spiders. I shivered and closed my eyes.

“Are you cold?” Alec asked. I opened my eyes and noticed he was offering his jacket.

“No” I told him blankly and I think he understood.

I knew I would have nightmares about this. But what was it and why was it there?

“Illusionist  Assassin” Alec said darkly. I turned my head in confusion.

“What?”

“That’s what that man was. An illusionist Assassin. He was here to kill you”

I shivered again. Why? Why me?

“He made me see things. I saw my mother and spiders. I could smell apple pie and flowers. It was all so real” I whispered, running my hands through my messed up hair. I was too shaken to notice how Alec was looking.

Alec shook his head in what looked like pain. “He make you see things that are important to you or will distract you. That way he can kill you easily”

I looked up in fear at Alec who was watching some of the other group members appearing outside the warehouse. I could see a figure slumped against the building with the hole. The man. I wondered if Alec had killed him or knocked him out.

“What did you see?” I asked, not really knowing if I wanted to hear the answer. What was with me and being curious? It had almost killed me today, just like that cat. I hated that saying.

Alec turned back to face me and sighed in defeat. “I saw him kill you”

I felt another large shudder run through me and I realised what that must have been like.

I smiled and took his hand. “But I’m fine now”

He turned but he didn’t give me the smile I’d hoped for. “For now”

Georgia appeared next to me. “What were you thinking! You could have gotten Alec killed!” She screamed in my ear pulling my away from Alec.

Harrison pushed Georgia off me. “Maybe you should let her talk first”

I shook my head unable to recall those past events. Harrison nodded as if he understood and turned to Alec.

“Illusionist assassin. Here for Jessica. She’s…she’s one of us” He choked out the last part as if it hurt to say it. Was I one of them. Yes, I was sure of it. But it hurt for Alec to say it like that.

Others gasped as they turned up. In shock, anger and some who I guessed didn’t even hear what he said and just decided that everyone else was doing so they should join in.

“Alec you need to take her home! She’s a danger to us all here! I don’t know why they want her specifically, but take her home!” Harrison yelled with his face turning a dark shade of red. I’d never seen him so angry.

Alec had a look of outrage on his face. “We have to protect her! She’s one of us! They’ll kill her! You can’t-“

Harrison stepped forward and towered over Alec. “I don’t care what you think. What I say goes, and since you don’t seem to be loyal enough to follow my orders I’ll have someone else do it”

Harrison turned coldly and his eyes searched the group. Many stepped back, obviously they favoured Alec.

“Georgia?” Harrison said, not as a question more as a command.

She stepped forward willingly. “Of course”

Alec stepped in front of me defensively. “Don’t do this Georgia” He warned.

She walked forward seductively with her eyes focused on me. “Sorry Alec. Orders an order”

Alec threw a well-aimed kick at her but unfortunately she saw it coming. She grabbed his ankle and slammed him to the floor. She continued towards me and nimbly jumped Alec swinging his feet at her ankles. He jumped to his feet and charged at her. Jessica smiled and at the last minuted agilely slid right beneath him as he leapt. She sprinted towards me and before I could get out of the way, since she was so darn fast, she had a good hold on my wrist and then we were gone.

We were spinning wildly and I felt Georgia gripping my wrist. I felt sick as we spun and wind blew but I thought hard about the warehouse and tried to get back there. I felt Georgia’s hand slipping from mine and suddenly a wall pushed apart.

I fell from quite high up and landed on soft sand. I looked up and could see the sun shining brightly in my eyes. People were playing in the water as other walked by, looking at me in awe. I guess that makes sense. A girl suddenly on the beach covered in dry blood. Weird right?

Where was I? I’d gotten away from Jessica but I was thrown into some random place. I slowly stood up, gripping a greasy handrail for support before looking around. I recognised this place. Australia. We’d come here for a holiday once but it had rained the whole time.

I knew I had to get back to Alec. To help him and to help Nick. Nick! I’d forgotten all about him!

I thought hard about the warehouse but nothing happened. I focused even harder but I was still in sunny Australia. I tried something else. I imagined my school in my mind. Again, nothing. My house? Still here in Australia dummy!

That’s when the truth came crashing down on me. I wasn’t going anywhere. I was stuck here and had no way home.

I guess this was my fault. That’s when something struck me. I started laughing hysterically. Probably from loss of sleep.

I’d warned myself this might happen. But no! I was an idiot. It all seemed hilarious to me as I stood there. People gave me foul looks and I laughed so hard I collapsed back onto the sand. I laughed for another half an hour and someone even threw me a dollar. Did I look that bad?

Soon all the laughter was out of me and reality came back to haunt me. I felt dizzy and tired, my stomach growled for food and I was lost in another country.

I slowly let my eyelids closed and before I passed out I thought one last thing. Something that I had been repeating all day to myself but hadn’t really listened.

Curiosity killed the cat.

*             *              *

Ohhh? What could happen next? What happened to Nick? Found out next chapter! Vote comment and read! Thnx for everyone who supports me! I will try to dedicate things to everyone!

Zoeamar:~)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

30 0 8
Madison, a young teenage girl, has moved to a new house, leaving her to go to a new school. She meets her old middle school friend from years ago, Ma...
18 4 11
This is about a group of friends who are supernatural. They have problems like a normal high schooler and college student but there a twist. While th...
154 14 17
Jessica is your average high school girl. When strange things start happening, they all seem to lead back to her boyfriend, James. James is hiding a...
429 28 31
Cara has an insane crush on this gorgeous boy, Nick. She finally gets to talk to him after some obstacles. Nothing is ever the same after him. Her b...