Chapter 10

Hey everyone! I’m kind of sad cos no one seems to be commenting but I really want to make the 30 comment mark and the 3,000 read mark. I know with your help I can! PLz keep reading voting and commenting cos it inspires me to write more. This is a long chapter, don’t hate me, but hopefully it’s not too boring!

Zoeamar:~)

Chapter 10

I don’t know how long I stood there outside that warehouse. How long I waited for someone to come get me. But I didn’t know who I wanted to come. The only people I wanted to see were my parents, and they were gone. All because of …this. I was a freak. I was like them, I could…I could go places just thinking about them. Does that sound freaky to you? Right, that’s getting me a one way ticket to Looney tunes ville.

While most teenage girls have their normal problems of losing their phone and getting the newest handbag that just sold out, I’m caught in a war between my two…friends and could likely get killed.

I kicked what looked like a rock in frustration but instead my foot slammed into something rock solid. OUCH! I’ve really got to watch what I’m kicking. My mom always used to tell me something. I think it was something like  curiosity killed the cat.

 I picked it up and examined it. A brick. Where had that come from? As I scanned my surroundings I started thinking more about Alec and Nick. What could I call them?  Alec had said he’d loved me but I didn’t know about Nick either. So frustrating!

My eyes froze on something. I knew where the brick came from. A large gaping hole marked another building to the side of the where house. Bricks where scattered everywhere. It was as if something had punched the wall in. But it was a brick wall.

I walked on over, again with the whole curiosity killed the cat forgotten, and poked my head inside. A strange familiar smell suddenly filled my senses. It smelt like my mom’s delicious apple pie. It smelled so warm and fresh, but it was pitch black inside. I tried to tell myself not to go in there, that there was something bad in there, but the delicious sweet smell overwhelmed my senses.

I unconsciously stepped through the hole and found myself in darkness, except for a small amount of light coming from the hole. I had a sick feeling in my stomach and the hairs on the back of my neck stood up. I went to turn back when the smell around me grew stronger. Warmth seeped through me  and I nearly sighed out loud. It smelt so nice. Would it be so bad just to walk a little further…

I broke out of the trance and shook my head harshly. This was bad. A trap.

“Who’s there?” I asked firmly. “Show yourself” I felt quite dizzy because of the apple pie scent but I managed to stay focused enough to keep my will.

“Jess? Jess is that you sweetheart?” A familiar voice came from further into the darkness.

I froze and my heart started racing. My hand stretched forward, shaking in fear and amazement.

“Mum?” I asked in fear sounding like a young child. Was she here? Was she alive?

A figure stepped forward, shining golden in my vision. My mother stood smiling with open arms. She didn’t look injured, she looked fine. But something was different about her. There was something I couldn’t quite figure out but there was something off.

“Mum? Is it really you?”

My mother gave a gentle nod. I felt my heart flutter in happiness. She was here! She was ok! I ran forward to hug her when I figured it out. I stopped in my tracks and looked into the face of the woman who’d brought me up since I was a child. I’d figured out what was different. Why even though she seemed so bright and happy, nearly glowing in the darkness she seemed cold.