Why do I hate him? Oh... Tha...

By escapexwithxfreedom

Scarlett McKenzie and Liam James were Childhood friends that turn into high school enemies. Scarlett hates Li... More

1- Why now?
2-Told You So
3-Just When I Thought Things Were Good
4- Mornings and Awkward Moments
6-It's All Just A Game To You
7-My Game? and The Truth
8- Wow That's Ugh... BIG!
9-Unexplained Emotions
10-A Lovers Heart + A Sisterly Heart=Not The Same Answer
11-I Think I Love You...Brother
12- It's Not What It Looks Like I Swear... (part 1 of 2)
12- It's Not What It Looks Like i Swear. Brusies, Blood and Words. (part 2 of 2)
13-Truth and Lies
14- Always Expect The Unexpected..
15- You Do The Most Stupidest Things
16-Secrets Should Be Kept Secrets.
17- Confess Or Not To Confess?
18- The Laughter, Loss and Tears I Share With You
19-Since When Did Truth Or Dare Become A Game Of Dare?
20- I Can Never Stay Mad At You
21- That's why I hate you, you and you're games
Why do I hate him? Oh... That's Why- note for readers
Apology note for readers
PLEASE READ!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5- The Truth Cuts Deep...

7.4K 93 11
By escapexwithxfreedom

Yay i was so happy when i saw that i had 5 votes. thanks wattpaders. i hope you like this chapter :)

and there will be a little something on the bottom

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<dont forget to press the button!

Liam>>

The morning at school went slow. I looked up to find Andy and the guys when I saw Gen on her way over, great just what I need.

"Liam what do you think you're doing with someone like that?"

Gen pointed to Scarlett who was struggling to get past the crowds at the front.

"Gen for the millionth time I'm not yours. In fact I have hooked up with so many girls after I hooked up with you so get over it."

"I don't care about that, your mine to share with everyone but her. Can't you see she's trying to break you by spreading rumours? Now that’s last thing we need is her coming between you and me. Understand?"

"Gen get over yourself. Do you not get that I'm a player? I like to play games but right now this is not a game it's your game that I don't want to play anymore. She hasn't said anything that is a lie. And it's not my fault that she is now living at my house. So just stop it Gen nobody like you. You're a whore!"

With that I left her on the thinnest bit of wire anyone can stand on and headed towards Andy.

"Yo Liam what was that about? What has she said now?"

"Sup Andy. To be honest I don't know and don't care anymore."

"That’s the Liam we know. Hey listen training is going longer than usual coach wants to have a meeting."

"Alright I’ll let Scarlett know."

"Wait your with Scarlett, wow never knew you were a softy."

Andy chuckled and nudged some of the track guys.

"It’s not what it looks like. She's staying at my house for a while until some stuffs sorted out. And I have to responsible thanks to my darling mother. And no I'm not a softy."

"Oh, your mums business thing right? That must suck shearing a house with Scarlett. Who knows you might find some razor blades around."

My eyed widened. Wait, what? What Razor blades?

"What do you mean razor blades?"

"Did you not hear about it last year? She got caught in the girl's toilets trying to kill her by cutting her wrists. It was all over the school. She's just lucky she's alive right now."

Andy said it in shock, had he really expected me to hear all of that when I was told to stay away from her?

"Hey Andy I got to go and talk to coach see you in Biology."

"Later’s Bro."

I ran inside the halls that were crowded with people. I had to find Scar.

I saw her leaning up against her locker. She turned around and opened it. She was shuffling about when a crowed of football jocks came up and slammed her into her locker causing the locker door to go right in her back.

Her face turned white and she fell to the floor in pain.

I pushed through the crowd and came face to face with Chase.

"Hey what are you doing around these halls mate?"

"I'm no mate to you. I'm just like everyone else trying to get an education. Now move my friend is in pain thanks to you."

"The player has finely found love. With a suicidal neared. Good luck with that."

He walked off with his group laughing. The crowd followed as the bell went.

I hurried to Scars side.

"Scarlett are you okay dose it hurt?"

"Go away I don't need your help. Leave me alone."

She got up and grabbed her bag heading to class I got up and made my way to class but in the other direction. I saw Andy come over. But I just ignored him.

"Oi Liam, wait up."

Andy ran up to me pushing everyone out the way.

"Hey what's up? You just ran away when I mentioned Scarlett."

"Yeah sorry I forgot I had to do something before class started."

"Dude, what's up? You've been acting weird for the past week."

"Nothing aii I've got a lot on my mind at the moment."

I tired to get past him but he kept blocking my way.

"No you don't. Cause you would normally skip class and make out with a random girl. So what's up?"

"Nothing can we just go to class?"

"Fine but we will be continuing with this chat later."

I swear he acts like my dad sometimes.

We both entered the class and took our sets at the back. The class was rowdy. The girls were all over the jocks. So glad that I'm a part of the track team. I can't stand football unless dads watching it.

The nerds were studying and the preppy girls were doing their make up in class. I looked over to Andy's stare. It was Chase making out with the head cheerleader Becky. Andy met my gaze and nodded.

He got up from his seat and went to the front of the room. Were Chase and Becky was. He walked up and pulled Becky out of his hold and started making out with her. Chase went red with anger and I was holding in my laughter. But that's when homeroom gets a bit loud.

"Oi Andy. Look whose girl you’re making out with there."

Andy pretended to be dumb and not notice that it was his for now girlfriend.

"Man I'm so sorry it's just that she's looking so sexy today. I just wanted to let her know with a make out session since you suck at it."

Everyone turned his or her attention to Chase and Andy.

"Oh okay then so I guess it would be okay if I told your face that it's ugly by throwing a punch?"

Andy didn't have enough time to react Chase pulled his fist back and punched him right in the check.

"Hahahaha is that the best you got?" Andy got up wiping off the blood and punched him in the nose. The next thing you heard was a crack. Well looks like someone's nose is broken.

The class started yelling at the top of their lungs. Chase dropped to the floor holding his nose while Andy stood back and laughed.

Chase locked eyes with me and gave me a look saying 'You're dead boy.'

I sunk low in my chair. Today was not my day.

The next thing I know Chase if hovering over my desk.

"Do you mind I like my personal space? Only girls are allowed to come in. But if you're finally admitting you're gay then all means come right in."

He scowled and looked to Andy who was pissing himself laughing.

"You're goanna pay for this James. Even if I do steal your preaches Scarlett. Since I know you like to play games."

I clenched my jaw and the room went silent. I looked deep in his eyes to distract him.

"Oh what are you going to do? Hit me? I'd like to see that."

Suddenly every one jumped at the second bell signing the start of class.

When Chase jumped I pushed the desk in to him making him slam in to the desk in front of me. Everyone gasped and the teacher walked in.

"MR. JAMES AND MR. BERNEEL PLEASE EXPLAIN WHAT IS GOING ON!"

I looked up to see Mrs West standing in the doorway shocked.

Chase struggled for words so I stepped in.

"Mrs West where sorry for the trouble we have caused but Chase started it by throwing random punches."

I pointed over to Andy who got the message and started to cry out in pain. I put my head down and a smirk came one to my lips.

"Well in that case Mr Berneel make your way to the principal's office. And class get back to your sets."

Every one dashed to their sets, and Andy gave me a weird look. I shook my head and kept my head low.

"All right class since you have been working delightful I'm giving you a free period but no one leaves this room without my permission. Understand?"

Everyone started talking. I sat there in silence. Andy came over to my desk and sat on top of it.

"Liam, what was Chase talking about?"

"He was talking bull shit. That's what he was talking."

"You like Scarlett huh?"

"Is it that obvious?"

"Quite answering m- Wait what you like Scarlett?"

I knew he would act like this. I turned my head to look at Andy. His mouth was wide enough that a swarm of bees could fly in and he wouldn't notice

"Dude are you for real? Well it's no surprise to me. I mean I've known for a while. It's written all over your face. Why don't you ask her out?"

Written over my face? Shit I've fallen hard

"Because she hates me. Please don't tell the guys I've fallen."

"Liam relax not all players can be players forever, and remember you told us the reason why you're a player. Jack and Dean don't give a shit if you fall for a girl. Cause where all players for a reason."

"Oh yeah, so what’s your reason of being a player?"

"To get over girls that I fall for not mentioning any names, but they are the true players."

"Right, so what about Jack and Dean?"

"Jack gets the girls to do his homework. And Dean well his just a confused nutter."

I chuckled. That was so true.

"See there's that freakishly smile all the girls adore. Now got get a girl so you can be happy for the day."

Hmm that's a good idea.

The next few hours went forever. I just wanted to go to training.

Scarlett>>

As I walked to class my back started to hurt. God I hate that jock.

I walked over to the gym where my homeroom was. It was the typical morning. Guys and girls making out, some more deep than others, and the rest well that was only I.

I sat on the bleaches and watched the class re sit a test that most fail. Huh why am I kidding myself they all failed. Well apart from me of course. As I was sitting in silence my back started to burn like fire. I went to the change rooms and took off my black hood. I don't know why I wear it all the time.

I threw it on the floor. I noticed a dark mark on the side on my hip. I lifted up my shirt and saw that my lower back was forming into a bruise. It was dark and purple and it hurt when I touched it. I kept examining it when I noticed more bruises on my back. That reminded me why I wear my black hood. I had bruises on my shoulders and my shoulder blades

I heard someone come in the room I quickly pulled my top down and hid behind the door of a change room.

When I heard them go I ran out and grabbed my hood that I left on the bench but it wasn't there. I started to panic. I couldn't go out there in just my baby blue tank top that showed my bruises.

I looked out the door to see that no one was there. I went back in and went to the mirror. I took out my long hair and let it fall over my shoulders. It just covered most of the noticeable bruises on my back.

The bell went signing next period. Thank god its break. Everyone was running around mad in the gym. I grabbed my bag and threw it over my shoulder. People started filling out the main entrance. So I went out the fire exit. I made my way peacefully to my locker were I waited for the group of jocks to walk past before I opened my locker. I grabbed the necessary books that I needed and made my way to the library to study for exams.

People stared at me. Like if they actually noticed me. But when I looked over my shoulder and saw that my hair moved revealing a purple bruise that was in a shape of a hand. I moved my hair so it was covering it.

I reached the library in peace. No students were in here. I went over to my corner and sat my stuff down. People knew not to disturb me when I was studying or even if I was just sitting here. I sunk deep in the chair and closed my eyes. Memories of my dad came flooding back.

Like the way he would hit mum when she wasn't home from work on time.

How he would yell at her when she didn't have the evening meal prepared.

Yet he would turn around after hitting, yelling and abusing her and tell her he loves her and he's sorry, and mum believed him. After all his done, cheat, abused, yelled, bashed. Mum stood there like nothing happened.

Yet mum couldn't do anything when he hit me and abused me. What was I meant to do hit him back? But I was grateful she told me to go that day, I couldn’t imagine what he would have done to me.

I let a tear drop as I opened my eyes. I got off the chair and sat in the corner. I leaned my head on the wall and let tears fall. That's all I could do. As much as I wanted to do something else, I didn't. I won't do it again and put my mum through the pain of her losing me again.

I moved my chunky bracelets to reveal scar after scar on my wrist. I moved my finger along them remembering how good it felt. Thenthe bad memory of when I almost went too far...

I closed my eyes again. And my eyes went heavy like if sleep was about to come.

LIKE IT?

VOTE

COMMENT

6 votes for the next chapter :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

316K 8.4K 49
𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨 𝘸𝘦 𝘡𝘩π˜ͺ𝘯𝘬, 𝘴𝘒𝘺, 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ π˜₯𝘰 𝘩𝘒𝘴 𝘀𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘦𝘲𝘢𝘦𝘯𝘀𝘦𝘴 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘢𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦𝘴 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ 𝘧𝘰𝘳 𝘰𝘡𝘩𝘦𝘳𝘴.
43.5M 1.3M 37
"You are mine," He murmured across my skin. He inhaled my scent deeply and kissed the mark he gave me. I shuddered as he lightly nipped it. "Danny, y...
7.2M 302K 38
~ AVAILABLE ON AMAZON: https://www.amazon.com/dp/164434193X ~ She hated riding the subway. It was cramped, smelled, and the seats were extremely unc...
298K 6K 53
She's the girl that I want to spend my life with. She's the one who's making me damn crazy. She's Darlene Michelle Miranda.