Book of Secrets

By KC-Blares

Story ideas ranging anywhere from horror to fantasy. If you fancy any of them, vote and leave a comment and b... More

Rest in Pieces
I Spy Something Hot
Unleashed
Cursed
The Detective's Apprentice (Posted on Gotham_Girl)
Robin's Hood
Pumped up Kicks
Falling Embers
Wonderland
Vanish
They All Fall Down
Hot in Alcatraz (Posted on Gotham_Girl)
The Perfect Crime (Posted on Gothem_Girl)
Midnight Dress
The Rose's Shadows
Slaughter House
Love Birds (Posted on Gothem_Girl)
Night Nurse
Mirage
Sweet Justice (Posted on Gothem_Girl)
Drop Dead Gorgeous
My Disney Crush
Bye Bye Blackbird
Whispering Woods
Empire
Frostbite
Neverland
The Lost Princess
Take me or Leave Me
Nightshade (Posted)
Heels and Guns
Pride and Pack
I don't Mate with Jerks (Alternate Ending)
Son of a Witch
Lock Down
Can't Rely on Love
Born of Fire
Somewhere only we Know
Ryder's Red Hood (Posted Gotham_Girl)
Gone
Phantom Howl
I'm not Alexis Marshall
Frozen Thorns
The Alpha Games
XXX
Her Name is Mystery
Happy Birthday
Wisteria
The Devil has Seven Wives
The Man with a Heart of Gold
The Tiger's Secrets
Charisma
Secrets under a Full Moon
Runner
Not Weird. Unique
They All Fall Down (DIFFERENT STORY)
Carving Hearts
The Circe Project
Earthshine
He Loves Me
Paint me a Smile

Moving On

716 6 1
By KC-Blares

Title: Moving On (Currenty on Navyhim's account)

Authors: Navyhim, thelostdocuments, and KC-Blares ;)

Genre: Fan Fiction, Romance, Historical Fiction

Description: (The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton Fan Fiction) Mona Paisley is a country girl at heart, but wild and reckless through her actions. After getting her heart broken by notorious playboy Dallas Winston in New York, Mona flees to Tulsa, Oklahoma to live with her cousin, only to find that Dallas is there, too. However, she meets drop-dead grogeous greaser Sodapop Curtis and can't help but notice her instant connection to him. Soon, an old friend of Mona's (Daisy Morten) drops by and is quickly acquanted with the Greaser Gang, (Sodapop, Darry, and Ponyboy Curtis, Steve Randell, Johnny Cade, Two-Bit Matthews, and Dallas Winston) and even catches Two-Bit's humor-filled eyes. But, life becomes complicated when Daisy's twin sister wanders into town, her badass reputation lingering behind her. And to top off the fun, a known murderer and thief gets stuck in the middle, her eyes stuck on Johnny. Can this patchwork group somehow find a way to live happily ever after? Or will riot break loose in Tulsa?

Piece: (Severl P.O.Vs that are scattered throughtout the mostly finished story)

Mona's P.O.V

My face pressed against the trucks passenger seat window. My breath fogged the window, Blurring my vision. I wiped the breath off the window with my over sized shirt. The gorgeous country scenery passed my eyes, but quickly turned into the city of tulsa. We passed the Dingo and the vacant lot. It felt good to be home. My hair fell over my eyes. I turned to face the front of the car. My cousin Simone was driving the old pick up truck. She had long black curly hair, in it was a headband with a black bow and a white rose. Her eyes are light grey. She was wearing old blue jeans and a white blouse. “Simone, do you think anyone will remember me? I mean I have been gone, let me think, over 4 years.” I said sarcastically 

            “Come on Mona, you can make new friends.” She said looking at me. I rolled down my window, the hot Tulsa air felt great against my skin. The wind blew against my face, blowing my hair back. I looked around and saw a DX gas station coming up on the left. “Can we stop so I can get a Pepsi.” I said pointing to the gas station.

           “Fine, I need to fill up the tank anyway.” She said flatly. We pulled in, I could smell gasoline and hair grease. I saw a boy leaning over an engine, I could not see much of his face. I opened the door of the rusty blue pickup truck and stepped out. I stood there for a minute trying to get the feeling back in my legs. I looked around, taking in all the surroundings. To my right I saw two kids walking on the cracked sidewalk. I walked into the Store and made my way to the freezer, I quickly grabbed a cold bottle of Pepsi. I walked to the cash register. There was a tall boy wearing a blue DX shirt under it was nothing. His hair was greased back in complicated swirls. On his left arm he had a tattoo of a bald eagle.

            “Is that” He said in a cocky voice. “You from around here?” he said lifting his eyebrow. 

            “Well yes and no.” I said trying to smile.

            “Yes and no?” He said giving me an odd look.

            “Well, I moved here when I was eight, then my mom got a chance of a life time and we had to travel. But now I am back home.” I said trying not to think about my past years.

            “Oh, well welcome back. My name is Steve Randle. You a Greaser or a Soc?” He said sounding nicer.

            “Nice to meet you Steve, my name is Mosaic or Mona for short, everyone has there own nickname for me. And I am a greaser.” I said happily.

            “Mona, lets go! Hades is going to start howling.” Yelled Simone

            “Well see you around.” I said leaving the money on the counter.

Johnny’s POV

                                 “What happened?” I asked, watching KC.

                                “You fell in love with a cold blooded killer, that’s what happened.” Daisy said, brushing the dirt off her arms. Ivy chuckled, as I felt my ears turn hot. I hated when people talked about KC like that.

                                “Knock it off, Daisy.” Mona shouted. Mona understood what KC has gone through.  

                                “Whatever.” Daisy grimaced, as she grabbed Two-bit and dragged him inside. Ivy cackled wildly and followed them inside.  

                                “Should I go after KC?” I asked Mona

                                “No, give her time to cool off and relax. She’ll be back when she’s ready.” Mona assured. I hoped she was right. I mean, I don’t think I’ve ever seen KC that mad, I’ve never seen that look in her eyes before; not even the time when we were attacked by Socs.   

I sat on the front porch, as Mona walked inside. I waited there for six hours, until the sky grew dark. The feeling of nervousness made me jittery; KC was known for running off. I really hope she didn’t leave now. Suddenly, I saw three people walking up the drive; Dally and Ivy, both supporting KC between them. She stumbled over her own feet and the three of them had huge grins on their faces. I’ve never seen KC like this before.

                                “What did you do to her?” I asked, as they reached the porch.

                                “She’s, like, so wasted.” Ivy grinned, letting go of KC. She stumbled forward, giggling. I tilted her head gently and she looked up at me, smiling.

                                “KC, how many did you have?” I asked her slowly, making each word clear.

                                “I don’t know, like, one.” she said, holding up three fingers. “Hey, did you know that if you put alcohol in lemonade, it taste like lemonade.” she whispered, leaning on my shoulder.

                                “What did you guys do?” I asked, putting KC’s arm around my shoulder.

                                “We went into town and stole some licker from the drug store.” Dally laughed, “She wanted to come along.”

                                “Remind me to never leave her alone with you two, ever!” I yelled, carrying KC inside.

                                “No, I gotta go and see Johnny!” KC complained, as I tried to push her up the stairs.

                                “I’m Johnny.” I told her, clearly.

                                “Oh hey, Johnny! What happened to Alfonzo and where’d you come from?” she said, laughing, pointing a wobbly finger at me. I sighed; continuing to carry her up the stairs. She pulled an empty licker bottle from her jacket pocket and started shoving it in my face.

“Get it out of my face.”I said, looking at her, sternly.

“It’s not in your face, it’s in my hand.” she said, giggling.

 “Get what’s in your hand out of my face.” I said, taking away the bottle.

                                “No, I want another lemonade!” she said, pushing me away, as we reached her room.

                                “No, I think you had enough lemonade.” I said, calmly. She swung her fist at me, missing by an inch. “Mona!” I shouted “Help!”

                                “What happened?” asked Mona, running in the room.

                                “Ivy and Dally got her drunk.” I attempted to pin KC’s arms down, as she kicked and shouted.

                                “Why am I not surprised.” Mona said, exasperated, running over to the bed.

                                “Stop, Alfonzo! I need a lemonade.” KC whined.

                                “I have an idea. Do you have any lemonade?” I asked Mona.

                                “Yeah, there should be some in the fridge.” she replied, running out of the room. I ran down the hall after her; grabbing a sleeping pill from the bathroom cabinet. Mona sprinted back up the stairs, a glass of lemonade in her hand. We hurried back into the room and I dropped the pill into the glass. KC was lying on the floor, laughing, when we ran in.

                                “Hey, KC, I found some lemonade.” I waved the glass at her. She stopped struggling; looking up at me. She sat up, grabbing the glass. She choked it down; lemonade dripping down the side of her face.   

                                “That wasn’t lemonade!” she screamed, throwing the glass at me. It flew past my head, crashing against the wall.

                                “I’m tired,” she giggled “I want my bed.”

                                “We’re trying to put you on your bed!” I yelled. Slowly, she stopped struggling, as we lifted her onto the bed. Taking a final swing at Mona, she collapsed onto the bed.      

KC's P.O.V.

The cruel summer sun beat down on me as I walked along the old and cracked pavement through the down side of Tulsa, Oklahoma. My black German shepherd, Kenzi, panted from the heat by my feet, dragging herself along beside me. It’s been a couple days since we’ve had a decent meal, considering we’ve been walking through flat lands and just minutes ago arrived in this quiet little town. The first thing on my mind was food, if only I had a few bucks to spare. Well, it’s not like that’s ever stopped me before. 

            “Are you hungry, girl?” I glanced down at Kenzi as we approached a small town. Her ears pricked at the sound of my voice and she wagged her tail slightly. I chuckled lightly to myself, knowing I probably would have gone insane if I didn’t have her to talk to. 

            “Thought so,” I added quietly, a sly smirk twitching to my lips. Slowly, more people began crowding the sidewalk as we came closer to the little town. It’s been awhile since I’ve pick pocketed so I hoped that I wasn’t too rusty with my skill. I wasn’t exactly a thief; I just stole enough to get by. What can I say? A girl’s got to eat, doesn’t she? 

I brushed along people, slipping wallets from pockets and purses and studded them into my small, authentic U.S. Military bag that hung loosely over my shoulder, worn with age but still useful. Kenzi kept close to my feet, her head and tail aligned as though she was trying to stay out of view from the people around. Besides pick-pocketing, I enjoy hanging around people just as much as Kenzi does. In other words, we’re not too big in to socializing. 

“Hey! Watch where the hell you’re going!” A man yelled at me when I got to close and bumped into him, missing my opportune moment to grab the cash sticking out of his back pocket when he turned to scold me. 

Kenzi shrunk lower to the ground at his furious voice and I just kept walking, almost holding myself and wishing I could be invisible. Or, I guess, more invisible than I already was. I tried again a couple my times to collect some money, but I only screwed up some more and actually gaining less. So I was a little rusty, big deal. I have all the time in the world to practice. If I don’t starve to death, that is. 

Nervously, I pulled the collar up on my black leather jacket and adjusted the visor of my baseball cap, trying to be as covert as possible before I had the chance to slip into a concealed location and count my earnings. Ducking my head, I slipped into an alley and walked as far back as I could, Kenzi still right at my heels and straining to keep up. Turning my back to the entrance, I crouched to the ground and pulled the four wallets out of my bag, pulling out cash only and leaving everything else on the alley floor. Driver licenses, credit cards, and coupons didn’t fit my needs. If I used one, I was bound to lead a paper trail and that was the last thing I needed. 

I stuffed the wad of cash into my jacket pocket and hurried back out of the alley, still keeping my head down in case anyone noticed me. I hurried down the street, glancing around for a quick place to grab food like a drug store or shopping center, but nothing like that stood out. Instead, I spotted a gas station and considered that as my best option. 

            “Good afternoon, miss,” a boy smiled at me as I approached the small service station called the DX. He was leaning over the hood of an old and rusty car, his face smudged with grease. Though I only took a quick glance at him, I’m sure he was the talk of the town. I mean, the guy was hot as the freakin’ sun.

 A small bell chimed above my head as I pushed open the door to the DX. I glanced towards the only person in the shop who was the cashier, a boy roughly the same age as me, sixteen-years-old, maybe seventeen, reading a magazine behind the counter. I didn’t stare long enough to catch any more than that. Instead, I strolled quickly down the aisles, grabbing a large bag of chips, a pack of water bottles, peanut butter, and a pack of turkey slices. I piled them into my arms and walked them over towards the cashier, dumping them on the counter in front of me and waiting impatiently for him to start bagging them. 

            “Well, hey there,” he grinned down at me, beginning to slowly check out the items. 

            “Hey,” I mumbled impatiently, tapping my foot in hopes he’ll move it along, but he was going so slow that it was only possible if he was trying to waste my time. 

            “You from around here?” he asked in a flirtatious tone, leisurely moving onto the second item. I rolled my eyes as I dipped my head, knowing he wouldn’t notice because of the angle of my hat. 

            “No,” I stated indifferently, Kenzi getting comfortable at my feet like she knew we were going to be there a little while. “I’m just passing through,” 

            “Where you from, sweetheart?” he questioned, now forgetting my items all together and leaning against the counter casually. 

            “Somewhere else,” I sighed impatiently, debating whether or not I should just grab the food and run. The boy chuckled like it was a joke as he ran a hand through his curly blond hair. 

            “Sounds lovely,” he joked, clearly expecting me to laugh along, but I kept my straight face. 

            “I’m kinda in a rush. You mind hurrying up a bit,” I spat out, hoping that would move him along a bit and show him I wasn’t interested. He sighed, almost disappointed, as he retreated back and finished bagging the items. He told me the price and I handed him a random amount from the wad, hoping that would take care of it so I could be out of there. I hastily grabbed the bag and hurried out of the store, not catching anything the boy said as I left. I passed the boy outside working on the car again and bothered to give a slight wave when he smiled back at me before I went sprinting across the street to what looked like an empty patch of land. 

The area looked pretty much deserted besides a few rusted cars here and there, a large oak tree in the corner, and debris scattered around. The grass was dead and bright yellow from being baked in the hot Oklahoma sun. Well, it didn’t get any more deserted than a vacant lot so I strolled to the large and ancient oak tree and planted my butt by the roots, Kenzi sitting protectively beside me. She was already trying to poke her head into the grocery bag before I had the chance to even settle myself down comfortably. 

            “Relax, Kenzi, I got plenty for you,” I whispered to her, giving her a gentle pat on the head before pulling out the pack of turkey and tearing it open, setting the whole thing on the ground in front of her and watching her hungrily gulp it down. I sighed, pulling out the bag of chips and the waters, my stomach growling viciously with hunger. I tore into the bag and just started stuffing my face, finishing the entire thing in barely three minutes and Kenzi practically ate every single thing up to the plastic container. 

            “Note to self: pack food for the road,” I laughed, watching Kenzi licking the empty plastic container senseless. I popped out one of the water bottles and tipped it sideways so that the water spilled out, Kenzi licking at the water flow crazily. “Good girl,” I cooed while petting her dirty and matted coat. It’s probably been days since we actually took a real bath and shower. Yes, we did hop into a large puddle or bathroom sink whenever we had the chance, but it’s been awhile since we took an actual shower with actual soup and shampoo. And frankly, we needed some good washing. Unfortunately, it’s a packaged deal. I’m either out on the streets collecting whatever scraps I can or it’s in a tiny jail cell in some prison in god-knows-where. You ask me, I prefer dumpster diving for leftovers over mystery meat with hair. 

            “Hey, lookie here must be my lucky day, Randy!” My hand tensed around Kenzi’s fur as I glanced up at the group of boys towering over me, a sly grin plastered on one of the boy’s face. 

            “Can I help you with something?” I raised an irritated eyebrow at them, not looking for any trouble. They laughed aloud, one of them pulling a switchblade from his pocket. 

            “No, but you can help us, sweetheart,” the boy towering over me hissed, the blade flicking out from its hilt. Slowly, I slid my hand into my leather jacket pocket, searching for my own switchblade. Before I could wrap my fingers around it, the boy grabbed me by the hair and hauled me to my feet, pinning me against the tree. Kenzie snarled viciously by my feet while her teeth bore at the hoodlum. However, when the two other boys pulled switchblades of their own, Kenzie cowered back, her tail tucked between her legs. 

            “You’re making a really big mistake,” I hissed as his hand wrapped around my neck, his body coming closer to mine. Before he could make some smart ass reply, I jetted my knee out into his pride and joy before swinging a leg against his shins, knocking the already unsteady boy off balance. As he lay on the ground moaning his two friends came after me, but didn’t stand a chance as I kicked the first guy in the stomach, sending him flying back against the second. The boy whom I had kneed in the groin was already on his feet again and before I could react he lunged for me and knocked me to the ground. 

            “Bob, just grab the money and go!” one of the other boys yelled as the two of them began running towards the street. The boy, Bob, slipped a hand into my pocket and sprinted after them with the wad of money I had struggled to retrieve. 

Moaning at the sharp pain in the back of my head, I laid an arm over my eyes just as Kenzi crawled over, furiously licking at my hand. 

            “By far the worst town I’ve passed,” I groaned, staggering to my feet. I reached inside my pockets and sigh mournfully when I felt nothing but lent and no money. “Great, back to being broke in less than fifteen minutes,” I muttered. “Must be a new record.” Knowing I had to head back to the town and pickpocket some more cash I adjusted my hat on my head and righted myself before walking back towards the cluster of shops, Kenzi trailing behind me. 

            “This really sucks, Kenzi,” I murmured to my dog as a crowd slowly began forming. Noticing two girls deep in conversation with each other as they walked, I ducked my head as I pushed between them, grabbing their wallets from their pockets. 

            “Wanna watch where you’re going next time?” one girl yelled back at me, but I ignored her as I continued down the street, my eyes casted down at the sidewalk. Out of nowhere, Kenzi grunted and I glanced down at her, noticing she was staring back behind her. Stealing a glance behind me, I noticed that the same two girls were digging through their pockets before they looked back in my direction, their faces twisting with anger. 

            “Hey!” the blonde hissed as she started sprinting. I didn’t bother with a second thought before I pushed the person in front of me aside and dashed down the street, both girls pursuing and too fast for my liking. Thinking I could lose them, I slid into an alley but couldn’t bite back the series of curse words as I found myself facing a dead end, brick walls on three sides of me. 

            “There she is,” the same blonde snarled, the two girls running into the alley and cornering Kenzi and I in. 

            “Kenzi,” I whispered, grabbing her attention away from the girls just long enough to add a key word. “Cop.” Instantly, Kenzi recognized the safe word I had taught her and she bared her teeth menacingly, her body pressed low to the ground and ready to pounce. The brunette, only fazed for a minute, glared down at my dog before returning a growl of her own, making Kenzi cower back behind me. 

            “We’ll work on it,” I swallowed with a roll of my eyes before crossing my arms and staring back at the girls. 

            “Give us back our wallets,” the blonde demanded, extending her hand. It is just not my day is it? Pulling out the two wads of cash, I tossed them across the alley to them then leaned against the wall, expecting them to simply walk away.

Continue Reading