Night's Wrath (Black Clover x...

By DaRkChAoZlOrD

Demons have long since existed, lurking in the shadows of the land. The unity of man and demon was always hel... More

Prologue - Night's Fall
Ex. Page | OC Codex (I)
Ex. Page | OC Codex (II)
1st Page: Nightfall's Beginning
2nd Page: Catalyst
3rd Page: The Monster Within
4th Page: The Quest Begins
5th Page: Mettle
6th Page: The Black Bulls
7th Page: Fade to Black
8th Page: Rampant Silver
9th Page: First Mission
10th Page: A Mission to Remember
11th Page: Arsenal
12th Page: A Visit to Home
13th Page: Dungeon Diving
14th Page: Showdown
15th Page: Advent
16th Page: Battle of Ancients
17th Page: The Hidden Ruins
18th Page: Legacy of Time
19th Page: Time Reaper
20th Page: Decoration Ceremony
21st Page: I'll Protect Them
22nd Page: Capital Defense
23rd Page: Undead Liberation
24th Page: Clash
25th Page: Midnight Sun Incursion
26th Page: Falling Night
27th Page: Relations
28th Page: Meeting the Princess
29th Page: Date with the Elements
30th Page: Disastrous Visit
31st Page: Waning Light
32nd Page: Void Unleashed
33rd Page: Aftermath
34th Page: Traitor
35th Page: Squad Mission
36th Page: A Black Beach
37th Page: Into the Temple!
38th Page: Rising Tides
39th Page: Turning the Tide
41st Page: Amidst Despair
42nd Page: Battle of the Beasts
43rd Page: The Value of Teamwork
44th Page: The Sea Goddess
45th Page: The Blaze Queen
46th Page: Our Path Forward
47th Page: Returning Home
48th Page: The Battle for Kiten
49th Page: Suspicion
50th Page: Stasis
?? Page: Altered Fates
51st Page: Brothers' Blues
52nd Page: In the Outskirts
53rd Page: Into the Manor
54th Page: Lost in Time
55th Page: Conflict Across Time
56th Page: Scattered
57th Page: Echoing Rumbles
58th Page: Illuminated
59th Page: As Time Shifts

40th Page: The Temple's Strongest

3.4K 97 87
By DaRkChAoZlOrD

Underwater Temple,
Within the Temple...

"[Shadowflame Magic: Phoenix Lotus, Dark Ember!]" Alice chanted, her Grimoire shining brightly before her as a storm of lotus flowers and blackened embers began to burn around the area. Alice's pink orbs stayed focused fully on her opponent, who stared around in surprise, the various petals around her not stopping their spin.

"Oh? Double-casting? Looks like I wasn't wrong, after all." The girl smiled at Alice, though her Grimoire rose up in front of her, Alice catching sight of the Three-Leafed Clover plastered on the Grimoire's cover. It floated, engulfed in a mystic azure light, as the strange girl smiled.

"[Blossom Creation Magic: Fields of Evora.]" The Temple Knight spoke, a current of azure magic rumbling from her Grimoire, rushing past the rocky landscape, Alice's eyes widening as the beam arrived before her in an instant, but merely continued past.

"And..." The Temple Knight continued on, waving her hand before her as the wave seemed to stop, Alice glancing around warily, Shadowflames burning around her to prepare for any surprise attacks.

"Bloom." The pink robed Temple Knight finished, and the Temple seemed to shake as various flowers began to bloom from the floor, and the ones below her wrapped around her feet, causing Alice's eyes to widen.

"Not good!" Controlling her Shadowflames, Alice quickly burnt off the restraining flowers and reinforced herself with mana, jumping back as she raised her hand, the various flaming lotuses and embers descending towards the various blooming flowers.

Whenever the flames would come into contact with one of the flowers, they would instantly set ablaze and burn, however, in the next moment, another flower would bloom from the strange fields, disrupting Alice's spell.

Suddenly, Alice jerked to the side in the air, a petal flying past her face, though her eyes widened as she saw multiple now aimed towards her new position, Alice's eyes narrowing for a second, before she let Shadowflames burst around from her, scorching the petals as they faded, though with a glance Alice saw various more petals manifest beside her opponent.

Landing on the floor, Alice managed to stop herself from falling backwards as she did a backflip, landing on one knee and staring at her opponent cautiously, Shadowflames constantly burning the fields around her.

"She has control of this entire ground, and even worse, I can't even fight her from the air since she always knows what my next move is! How can I even fight that?!" Alice panted, using one of her hands to set aside a stray strand of hair, her pink orbs glaring at her opponent. This was just unfair!

With a small chuckle, her opponent waved her hand as the ring of petals around her suddenly straightened out, and with another command rocketed towards Alice, weaving around the falling embers and lotuses.

"[Shadowflame Magic: Shadow Ray!]" Alice chanted, keeping her cool as her Grimoire shone brightly, a beam of blackish-lilac Shadowflames tearing through the air, managing to scorch most of the petals rocketing towards her, though a few managed to get past as Alice jumped back, though they continued to chase.

Dodging to the side, Alice managed to evade a petal rushing towards her, though her eyes narrowed as she saw several already enroute to intercept her dodge of the previous, Alice waving her hand as she sent a wave of Shadowflames to burn the petals, though once again, they managed to dodge the flames and swerve closer to her.

"Oh, come on! It's like they already know what I'll attack with!" Alice inwardly complained, though she didn't quite panic as her Grimoire shifted through various pages.

"[Shadowflame Creation Magic: Crimson Blades!]" Alice chanted, her magic conforming around her to form four crimson flame blades, Alice controlling them to encircle her, the blades slashing at any petal that came close, though with massive difficulty as even then, they managed to weave around her blades.

"Huff...huff...You know, your level of magic control is just insane..." Alice praised, her opponent staring at her for a moment before opening her mouth.

"Why, thank you. I have practiced a lot, you know. Besides, yours is just as impressive, managing to hang on this long. You're certainly stronger than anyone else I've fought." The black haired girl smiled genuinely, surprising Alice. She hadn't expected her opponent would act nonchalantly even now.

"Thanks for the compliment, but we've got to finish this sometime." Alice smiled, standing up straight once again as she closed her eyes, taking a deep breath before opening them once more, focusing purely on her opponent. Around her, the four crimson-flames blades hovered silently, though clearly under Alice's command.

"Of course! After this, let's be friends! My name is Akari, what's yours?" The now named Akari smiled brightly, Alice staring at her for a moment, before a smile surfaced on her face.

"My name is Alice! Let's finish this with all we've got!" Alice smiled cheerfully, her bright pink eyes staring at Akari's own magenta colored eyes.

"Wouldn't have it any other way." Akari replied, her Grimoire once more rising before her as she focused solely on Alice, no longer intent on holding back. The light trailing from her eyes returned once more, Alice noted.

"[Blossom Magic: Effervescent Bloom.]" Akari casted her spell, motioning her hand forth as around the azure fields of various types of flowers, several, much grander and massively sized flowers erupted from the floor, spiking directly towards Alice.

Motioning her hand forward, Alice intercepted four of the flowers with her crimson blades, watching as another one approached, reinforcing her body and preparing herself to dodge to the left.

However, in that exact moment before Alice jumped, her eyes widened as she saw the flower suddenly shift directions, now aimed directly at where she would dodge, causing her to have to retrieve one of her crimson blades in a panic, barely managing to defend the strike from the rampant flower, though the one that the blade was previously occupying now rushed towards her, and due to her broken guard and flustered stance, Alice couldn't do much but take the attack head on.

Commanding the blade to slash at the incoming attack, Alice watched in shock as her blade slashed where the flower was previously, yet now, it had prematurely swerved around the blade, leaving Alice completely open.

"Gah!" Alice cried out, getting blasted back as she flower smacked into her, sending her stumbling back a few meters as she rolled on the ground, though soon managed to stop herself, a few more wounds now present on her face. Her eyes seemed to shine even more as she glared at Akari, who only smiled helplessly, though she didn't stop her attack.

At the Monitor Room...

"Hey, Gramps, what gives with her? It's like she's reading where the girlie is gonna go." Yami grunted, watching as Alice struggled to take down Akari. It certainly surprised him, to say the least, since he could sense Akari wasn't reading Ki, yet she still seemed to know where she would be and what Alice would do in advance.

"Wahahahaha! Caught your attention, did she?" The High Priest laughed, his nose turned up cockily as Yami deadpanned at the old man. He seemed extremely cocky for someone who was currently losing.

"She's one of the two anomalies in my Priests! She can see the future before it happens, you know!" The High Priest gloated, Yami's eyes widening as he looked back at the translucent screen. This little girl could see the future?!

"Like Julius?!" The thought suddenly unnerved Yami. Just how was Alice supposed to beat someone who could see into the future? No wonder she seemed to be having a hard time keeping up with her defense.

"Although..." Yami train of thought suddenly stopped, a smirk beginning to surface on his face. Wasn't this the perfect opportunity for Alice?

"This kind of chance doesn't present itself often. Push past your limits, Alice!" Yami smirked, beginning to laugh as he looked at the translucent screen. If she could beat this enemy here, who knows what she could do in the future. Alice still hadn't played all of her cards, after all.

Within the Temple...

Drops of sweat coated Alice's face as she panted breathlessly, various wounds decorating her face as she stared down her adversary, who only smiled pleasantly, not seemingly worried nor pushed at all, a massive contrast to Alice's worse-for-wear shape.

"She always seems to know where I am, not to mention she always manages to act before I can decide what to do next." Alice huffed to herself, trying to catch her breath as she stared extensively at her opponent. Just what is that blue light trailing from her eyes?

"Standing around all day is pretty boring, so I'd say we finish this. [Blossom Magic: First Petal ~ Rapture.]" Akari casted her next spell, Alice forcing herself back onto her feet as the field around her shifted, and despite the constant suppression from her shadowflames, a single massive red petal grew from the ground, rising into the air and rushing at Alice, appearing in front of her almost immediately.

"So fast!" Alice barely managed to move her body to the left, the petal managing to cut her despite her movement, it following after her as Alice reinforced her body, jumping into the sky once more as she commanded all four of her crimson blades to return to her, the four blades intercepting the massive red petal, clashing in the skies.

"[Shadowflame Magic: Blazing Chains, Black Sun Flash!]" Alice double casted, blackish-lilac chains rising up around Akari and binding her to the spot, an orb of shadowflames forming in Alice's hands as she rocketed it towards the bound Akari.

"Ah? Not bad, but not good enough. [Blossom Magic: Second Petal ~ Omitter.]" Akari casted her next spell, and once more from within the azure fields, yet another massive petal rose from within, though its color was now a reflective silver.

As the blackish-lilac orb collided with the silvery petal, Alice's eyes widened in shock as the ball of shadowflames rocketed back towards her, Alice managing to raise her hands as she unleashed a burst of shadowflames above her, sending her rocketing towards the ground and effectively dodging her previous attack, the orb of shadowflames crashing into the stalagmites above, causing a few to fall as Alice quickly used the momentum from her landing to backflip away from the stalagmites.

"And now for the finishing touch. [Blossom Magic: Third Petal ~ Finality.]" Akari, now free from the bindings of the shadowflame chains, allowed a smile to grace her face as her Grimoire flipped between its pages once more, the fields of azure below shining brightly as the various flowers converged, and once more, another petal rose from the ground, though this one was only half the size of the previous two and had a blackened color scheme.

"This was a lot of fun! But sadly, I have to end this now! I'm not going to be losing on my part of the bet!" Akari gave a wry smile, the petal bursting off towards the barely recovered Alice, who watched on in shock as the small petal approached at extremely fast speeds, arriving before her almost instantly.

"I can't...dodge...!" Alice braced herself, a thin layer of mana surrounding her for a moment as the petal crashed into her, sending her flying back as she crashed into the distant wall, kicking up a smokescreen as Akari watched on silently. The fields of azure flowers began to dissipate under Akari's command, the magenta-eyed girl watching on curiously as Alice's shadowflames continued to burn even now, scorching the [Fields of Evora].

"Well, it's not like I'm surprised at this outcome. Other than Shimon and Uncle Gio, not many people can overwhelm my ability. It was fun, Alice~!" Akari giggled to herself, casting one final glance at Alice before she turned around, beginning to walk away from the scene, intent on finding another one of the Black Bulls to battle.

Slash!

Suddenly, however, Akari's eyes widened in surprise as she barely managed to crane her head to the side, a crimson blade conjured of shadowflames rushing past her and exploding against a wall a few feet in front of her.

"You're...right..." Alice's voice resonated through the area, and with a wave of her hand, the remaining three crimson blades burned brightly as they slashed in unison, dissipating the cloud of smoke as Alice walked out of it, several scratches and wounds prevalent on her face, some blood dripping down her lips. She seemed as if she would topple over at any moment.

"This...is fun...so...let's keep...playing...Akari!" Alice breathed in deeply, trying to catch her breath as she recalled her four crimson blades, the blades flying around her as Alice tried to regain control of herself.

Akari watched on, stunned as Alice stumbled forward, though she refused to fall, continuing to stand despite the various wounds plastered on her body. Her clothes were mostly tattered due to the impacts that threw her all around the room, though her eyes shone with an ardent resolve that momentarily surprised Akari.

"Why?" Akari mumbled absentmindedly, surprised to see Alice still standing and wanting to continue the fight despite how she was beaten previously.

"Our Captain...has this thing...he really likes to...make us do..." Alice slowly regained herself, closing her pinkish eyes as her magic subsided from the battlefield, before she opened them once again, now completely resolute and brimming with fighting intent.

"So right here, right now, I'll break past my limits and defeat you!" Alice shouted resolutely, using a portion of her mana to reinforce her body as she leapt forth, commanding her crimson blades to follow above her, rushing towards Akari.

"Ahaha! All right, let's keep going then! Without holding back!" Akari grinned joyfully, the same blue light trailing from her eyes as her Grimoire shone brightly, even brighter than it had before.

"Wouldn't have it any other way!" Alice mirror Akari's grin, the two smiling as they used all the magic they had left, holding nothing back out of respect for the other.

Alice braced herself as she jumped from the stone grounds, seeing an azure layer cover it once more as she commanded her blades to follow up with her, getting ever closer to Akari, who only seemed to have an ecstatic smile on her face, Alice motioning her hand forth as two of her blades rushed off towards Akari.

"[Blossom Creation Magic: Ephemeral Lotus!]" Akari chanted joyfully, fully utilizing her powers as a seemingly translucent lotus formed in the sky, it's various leaves opening as a strange, misty azure magic began to emit from the lotus, Alice gazing at it warily, but continuing her reckless charge.

"[Shadowflame Magic: Nocturnal Flare!]" Alice casted, her remaining two blades seeming to fuse together, turning an abysmal black color as she shot it off at Akari, who only grinned widely, dodging the two attacking crimson blades as she turned and faced the oncoming black blade, raising her hand up to the lotus above her.

Motioning her hand toward the oncoming blade, the mist seemed to converge on the blackened sword as the blade began to shake, though still continued on its direct course for Akari, who only grinned widely as she stepped to the side, one of Alice's crimson blades slashing where she stood previously.

Landing on the floor, Alice quickly leapt towards Akari once more, though her eyes widened in surprise as she jumped, seeing her black blade shatter within its misty prison, returning to its two smaller crimson blades as they pierced through the mist.

"Ahaha!" Akari laughed joyfully, stepping to the side as she easily dodged and weaved around Alice's blades, said pink haired girl quickly closing the distance between the two, her other two crimson blades now hovering around her as she motioned them towards Akari.

Laughing joyfully, Akari flawlessly evaded the attack of the two blades, before sidestepping the two new blades as she glanced at Alice for a moment, a stunned look forming in her eyes as she saw Alice smirk, closing her palm into a fist as the four blades, scattered on different sides of Akari, suddenly all rocketed towards her.

"Gah!" In an instant, the four blades all slashed at Akari from all sorts of angles, stunning the black haired beauty, who quickly jumped away from the encirclement, blue light still trailing from her eyes.

"Heh...how's that?" Alice smirked confidently, her four blades returning to her and hovering just above her once more. Akari seemed to stare at her for a moment, before a smile slowly formed on her now wounded face.

"This is awesome! How did you come up with that idea?" Akari asked curiously, and despite her ability to see into the future, she couldn't quite grasp Alice's plot in time, hence she was caught in her surprise attack.

"I figured that somehow you're reading what I'm going to do, so in that case, I'm just going even further ahead than you can read my movements." Alice smiled airily, leaning her head to the side as she scratched her hair with a small laugh, the four blades continuing to hover around her.

Staring at her blankly, a grin slowly began to form on Akari's face, an ecstatic look forming on her face as her grin only widened.

"Now then, let's keep going!" Alice smirked, commanding her four blades around her with a ethereal smile. Her eyes burned brightly with resolve, and slowly Akari rose from her previous position.

"En! Let's!" Akari also shared the same enthusiasm as Alice, now fully concentrated on her opponent. It seemed she got a bit too carried away with her ability, and either way - she found someone extremely interesting! With that thought in mind, three petals rose around her, a massive red petal, a similarly massive silver petal, and a smaller black petal.

Sharing a grin, the two mages instantly sent their spells towards each other.

At the Monitor Room...

"Hahahaha!" Yami laughed ceaselessly as he watched Alice begin her comeback, Gifso staring in stunned silence at the screen. How had Alice managed to surpass Akari's Foresight?

Even if it was only the ability to see one second into the future, that second was still more than enough for her to instantly identify her opponents' next move and adapt accordingly, yet Alice had somehow surprised her even with that ability.

Just how was she a Junior Magic Knight?!

"Grr...even if it's impressive, she won't win! And besides, she isn't the only one that can turn the tide around! I've still got my son, grandkids and the other anomaly! They're the strongest in the Temple, you know!" Gifso grit his teeth, Yami only laughing harder as the two then focused on another screen, this one showing Magna walking through a darkened cavern.

Within the Temple...

"All right! My clothes are finally dry. Let's see...who am I going to fight next?" Magna grinned, walking at an even pace within the dark caverns, seeing what seemed like an opening a small bit ahead of him.

However, as he exited the cavern, he turned to his right, seeing an annoyingly familiar face standing there, an ever present smile on his face.

"Ah?" The Black Bulls' resident battle maniac made a noise of surprise, seeing Magna exit the tunnel adjacent to his own.

"Hey, Luck. I guess you're still alive." Magna laughed, the blonde haired boy nodding airily.

"Yup! I defeated one of the enemy guys already, so I came here to look for more! I came in this direction because I felt a strong presence, but..." Luck suddenly stopped, staring off into the distance as Magna followed his gaze, seeing a blue robed Temple Knight standing silently across the room, a Hammerhead-shark mask adorning his face, the same Temple Knight that Finral managed to evade.

"Looks like I was right..." Luck suddenly gained an insane smile on his face, his eyes sparking with fightning intent. The mana around this Temple Knight was simply immense...he had to be extremely strong!

"All right...then, let's decide who gets a piece of 'em firs-" Magna reasoned, though Luck didn't seem to listen as his eyes glistened crazily, lightning sparking around him as he leapt towards the distant Temple Knight.

"Hey! No fair, Luck! You bastard, that's cheating!" Magna cried out indignantly, glaring at Luck's flying form, lightning-clad gauntlets and boots now formed around the battle crazed Black Bulls Knight.

"Hehehe! Ya snooze, ya lose, Magna!" Luck grinned, taunting Magna as he swiftly approached the silent Temple Knight, before acting on his feint as he jumped into the sky before approaching the Temple Knight, yet the robed mage didn't react to his attack, not at all affected by Luck's feint.

Seeing that, a wide grin formed on Luck's face as he pointed his clawed lightning gauntlets at the robed mage, an orb of lightning sparking in his hands.

"[Lightning Magic: Thunderbolt Destruction!]" Luck smiled, flicking the orb towards the silent Temple Knight, the recoil from the attack sending him sprawling back through the air, though he quickly recovered and watched to see how the Temple Knight would react.

"[Water Creation Magic: Sea God's Shield.]" With a single chant, a Three-Leafed Grimoire quickly rose before the silent Temple Knight, flipping through its pages as water converged infront of him, forming a screen that shared a similar design to traditional armor. However, what surprise both Luck and Magna was that when the [Thunderbolt Destruction] came into contact with the [Sea God's Shield], it managed to completely nullify Luck's attack.

"It's tough! My lightning should work pretty against water, though, it didn't do anything to his spell." Luck thought in surprise, staring in stunned silence at the distant Temple Knight.

"Well, well, aren't you lively?" The Temple Knight laughed as Luck fell to the floor, landing on his knees as both he and Magna stared down the mysterious Knight.

Elsewhere, Asta currently yelled as he ran through another one of the High Priest, Gifso's, [Monster Toy]'s spells, slashing down the strange fishlike creature with his jet black blade, the Demon-Slayer Sword slashing right through the magical creation.

Suddenly, sensing a new Ki appear a small distance away, Asta raised his eyes as he looked towards a distant cavern.

"This Ki...someone's there." Asta spoke quietly to himself, before bracing his feet as he jumped forward, intent on finding out just who he'd fight next. From the Ki alone, he could sense that whoever was there wasn't one of the Black Bulls, so they'd have to be one of the Temple Knights.

"Come on, Grandpa...do you really have to hit us with your nuisance spells, too?" A blue robed Temple Knight sighed, two small blades grasped in his hands as he finished slashing down two of the [Monster Toy]'s.

"Well, whatever. It was a good warm-up." The robed Temple Knight spoke, before he turned towards the recently arrived Asta, who just jumped up into the same cavern as him.

"Hup!" Asta grunted slightly as he recoiled from his jump, before collecting himself and looking towards the robed Temple Knight who's Ki he felt earlier, seeing the two [Monster Toy]'s beside him begin to fade into particles, having been defeated.

"He took out two of them at the same time? They're huge! Who the heck is he?" Asta thought in surprise, seeing the two admittedly annoying monsters dissipate into blueish particles and disappear.

"Hmm? Oh! Hey, there! You're Asta, right?" The robed Temple Knight asked curiously, staring down at the Magicless Black Bulls member.

"Eh? Yeah, that's right...WAIT! How do you know my name?!" Asta exclaimed, though the Temple Knight seemed to ignore him.

"I've heard about you! You use a strange sword that cancels out magic, right?" The Temple Knight continued on curiously, Asta slowly nodding warily.

"Uh, yeah...Wait, who the heck did you hear that from?!" Asta pointed accusingly, though the robed Temple Knight only laughed quietly to himself, jumping off the fading monster and onto the ground.

"Forget that! Check out this awesome dance!" The strange Temple Knight exclaimed, a strange magic beginning to trail off of his blades as he moved his body passionately, seemingly perfectly content with his dance as he continued to sway around the area. He spun all over the place, creating a mesmerizing sight as he moved his body expertly, as if he'd danced hundreds of times before.

"The hell?! He just started dancing! But it's a really cool dance!" Asta, despite being weirded out by the sudden dance, had to admit it was certainly praise worthy.

"Do you think they'd like this dance up on the surface, too?" The robed Temple Knight asked, still continuing his dance even as the [Monster Toy]'s behind his disappeared fully.

"Heck yeah!" Asta instantly agreed, his eyes starry, fully admiring the complexities of the strange Temple Knight's dance.

"The name's Kiato! My dream is to become a dancer who can captivate the entire Kingdom!" Kiato introduced himself, though he didn't stop dancing as he talked.

"And now he started talking about his dream?!"

"Although people from the Temple can go to the Kingdom's beaches, we can't really go to the Capital, it's against the rules. But if we win this fight, Grandpa said...oh, right, the High Priest is my Grandpa, anyway, he said we could use his authority to go up to the surface! When I get there, I'm gonna make a name for myself and become a super famous dancer!" Kiato gave his lengthy dream, Asta just staring awkwardly as the Temple Knight continued his strange, yet alluring dance.

"And now he just told me all about this huge dream?! Hold up, actually...isn't this a bit familiar...?" Asta thought, remembering back to when he'd met Kahono and she had also said something about a similar dream.

"So, listen..." Kiato's sudden words snapped Asta out of his stupor, drawing his attention back to the Temple Knight.

"I'm gonna defeat you for the sake of my dream!" Kiato exclaimed, not once stopping his dance as he unleashed a flurry of slashes on Asta, who barely had any time to react and block with the massive Demon-Slayer Sword.

"I have my own dream, too!" Asta exclaimed, having been knocked back by Kiato's flurry of attacks, though he managed to regain his footing.

"I wanna become the strongest guy who protects the Clover Kingdom, the Wizard King! So for that dream...and for the promise I made to my rivals...I'm going to take you down!" Asta yelled, leaping at Kiato and slashing at him with his Anti-Magic sword, Kiato barely managing to step back as the blade crashed into his mask, shattering it with its overwhelming weight.

"All right! I like it! Then, let's be our dreams on a head-to-head showdown!" Kiato responded, a friendly yet challenging grin on his face, Asta similarly mirroring the expression as Kiato recovered, leaping towards Asta with his blades poised to strike.

"Bring it on!" Asta yelled, a wide grin splitting his face as he prepared the Demon-Slayer Sword, ready to fight Kiato head on.

But even further within the Temple, battles were still brewing as the silver haired beauty of the Black Bulls, Noelle, wandered aimlessly through the various caverns. She couldn't find anyone, and even if she did, how would she fight them off? She had no attack spells

"What am I going to do?! I haven't learned a single attack spell yet, I'm so screwed!" Noelle inwardly screamed, though she kept her confident face on as she walked through the caverns, arriving at an open room with a rock seemingly sticking out from the floor.

Step!

Suddenly, the noise caught Noelle's attention as she looked up at the rock, catching sight of one of the pink robed Temple Knights standing there, staring at her.

"Hey, hey! I finally found you!" The Temple Knight exclaimed cheerfully, though her appearance only made Noelle panic within.

"I FOUND ONE! I'M SO SCREWED! Heh. Y-You want to take on a royal like myself? You've got some guts! I'll give you a chance to run away if you want!" Noelle tried to bluff, though the Temple Knight only giggled to herself, seemingly unfazed by Noelle's attempted threat.

"Hehe! First of all, I'm glad you made it, Noelle! And congratulations on gaining a new spell!" The robed Temple Knight giggled to herself, Noelle staring on in confusion.

"H-how do you know my name?" Noelle asked warily, now on her guard against the mysterious Temple Knight.

"Oh? Right. I guess you can't tell with this thing on my face." The robed Temple Knight exclaimed airily, before removing the mask and hood from her attire, a stream of wavy, burgundy colored hair flying freely now that it's previous bindings were removed.

"Huh? Kahono?!" Noelle's eyes widened in surprise, unsure of how to react to the sudden person before her.

"I've been waiting for you, Noelle!" Kahono smiled widely, joy reflected in her eyes at seeing her new friend has successfully made it to the Underwater Temple.

"Kahono...I had no idea you were from the Underwater Temple. Wait, then why did you help me learn to control my magic?" Noelle asked, Kahono smiling brightly above.

"You see, I was actually looking for people who wanted to come to the Underwater Temple while I practiced my singing on the beach. When we have guests, Grandpa, ah...I mean the High Priest, always holds games. If I win, I'll be able to go to the surface and make my dream of becoming an idol come true!" Kahono smiled brightly, a dreamy tone in her voice as she couldn't wait to get started in making her dream a reality on the overland.

"Your dream? Then you...used me?!" Noelle asked, a tad enraged at the mere concept. Was she really just a tool for Kahono to reach the surface?!

"Huh? No, not at all. You were working so hard to control your magic, so I really wanted to help you! And even more, I really wanted to become friends with you! But! For this game, we'll fight fair and square as opponents!" Kahono prepared herself to battle, her Grimoire rising up in front of her, shining with a hazy light.

"No! We're supposed to be friends!" Noelle denied instantly, not wanting to fight a person she saw as a friend. (She's just too precious! Though this kind of outlook just makes her adorable lol, but also really shows...yeah, Noelle really didn't have many friends as a child.)

"Yup! Friends are people who can clash over things that are precious to them, but they keep smiling together even then!" Kahono explained confidently, her Grimoire flipping through various pages in front of her.

"[Song Magic: Mother's Lullaby!]" Kahono casted her spell, three streams of translucent rainbow-colored magic beginning to flow around the area, Kahono's soft voice seemingly amplified as Noelle slumped forward a bit, feeling drowsy from the spell.

"Wh-what kind of spell is this...? I-it's going to make me..." Noelle thought, feeling a yawn begin to rise up from within her, though her eyes suddenly widened as her Grimoire instantly appeared in front of her, shining with a mystic and bright cyan haze.

"[Water Creation Magic: Sea Dragon's Lair!]" Noelle chanted, a torrent of water beginning to converge around her, forming a dome around Noelle that constantly shifted and fluxed, Noelle regaining her senses within.

"Ahah! Now you're ready to fight! Okay! [Song Magic: Destructive Beat!]" Kahono smiled widely, excitement shining through her eyes as she opened her mouth, casting her next spell as a series of destructive sound waves collided against Noelle's barrier, but it still stood just fine as the barrier deflected some of the beats to the side.

"Come on, now, Noelle! You can't just defend! You also have to attack! You'll never win if you only defend!" Kahono encouraged, Noelle gritting her teeth within her [Sea Dragon's Lair].

"What do you think you're doing?!" Noelle raised her staff, it's crystalline edge glinting as Noelle fired off a blast of [Water Magic], Kahono's eyes widening in surprise.

"It's only a blast of magic energy, but the force behind it is just amazing!" Kahono felt a drop of sweat form on her face, though confusion quickly surfaced on her face as the magic projectile swerved to the right, missing Kahono.

"Eh? What're you doing, Noelle? An attack like that won't have any effect on me if it misses! Aim straight, that sucked!" Kahono encouraged, Noelle gritting her teeth within her spell, firing off a volley of [Water Magic] blasts towards Kahono, yet despite standing still, none of them hit, all of them swerving to the side before they impacted her.

"Shut up! I still can't control my magic when I'm attacking, you idiot!" Noelle cried out, only for Kahono to stare at her curiously, before opening her mouth to speak.

"That's not it. You've already got control of your magic, Noelle." Kahono tried to reason with Noelle, who only looked up in surprise.

"Huh?"

"You're subconsciously trying not to attack people. You probably just don't want to hurt anyone." Kahono smiled kindly at Noelle, who stared up at her with eyes widened in surprise.

"But, are you sure you're okay with that? Why did you come here at all, Noelle? Didn't you come here to make something come true?" Kahono glared down at Noelle, who's eyes widened in shock. Just what exactly was she trying to accomplish by coming here, anyway?

Suddenly, in her mind, various times flashed with the Black Bulls. Of her time with all the Magic Knights, her time with (Y/N). A grinning image of his face popped up, the boy seeming to laugh carelessly, that same confidence that always gave her strength. What was her goal? Right. That was it. There was only one answer.

"If you don't fight for it and win it, you'll never get what you want!" Kahono continued, Noelle below closing her eyes, before suddenly she opened them once more, her eyes lit with determination.

"I...want to be useful to everyone! Fine, then! I'll play along! Prepare yourself!" Noelle yelled, confidence lacing her voice as Kahono looked on for a moment, before a smile formed on her face as well, preparing her own magic. The fight was only just beginning, after all.

Back with Asta and Kiato, the two traded swing for swing, though clearly Kiato's much more agile swordsmanship trumped over Asta's much more rugged, brute force reliance as the ash-blonde haired boy was pushed back, the Demon-Slayer Sword not being fully capable of blocking Kiato's fast attacks, a cut present on his cheek.

"This guy is really strong! And what's with his moves?! I can't read his Ki at all! It's like his mind isn't even here in the fight!" Asta grunted, bearing the brunt of another one of Kiato's chained attacks as Asta slashed outward, though Kiato merely vaulted to the side over Asta's sword, landing on the blade and slashing at Asta, who barely managed to step back, letting go of the Demon-Slayer Sword, Kiato slashing at him as Asta jumped back.

"If anything, he's completely throwing off my senses! I can't follow anything up at all!" Asta nervously grinned, Kiato stepping off of the Demon-Slayer Sword and rushing at Asta, his blades at the ready as the strange magic trailed behind them.

"Is that the effect of his Magic?!" Asta thought, dodging Kiato's first slash and jumping back towards the Demon-Slayer Sword, picking up the jet black blade as Kiato resumed his barrage of attacks, Asta barely managing to block each attack due to the massive difference in speed.

"It's just like I thought. If you're going up against a real sword, that jet black sword of yours is nothing more than a lump of metal. And even more, if I add in my dance magic, you won't be able to follow my moves!" Kiato explained, Asta gritting his teeth slightly, though he had to admit, he did have a point. He could barely manage to block as is, regardless.

In the Monitor Room...

"Wahahahaha! How do you like my son and grandkids! Aren't they all strong!" Gifso laughed wildly, Yami beside him keeping a close eye on the translucent screens showing the current battles.

"Yeah. Sharky over there is a real monster..." Yami commenter, seeing Luck and Magna get repelled by the mysterious Hammerhead-shark wearing Temple Knight. Of course, he saw the two didn't work together at all, if anything they were competing to see who could beat him first.

"The girl isn't bad, but Noelle isn't exactly a pushover either." Yami smirked, watching on the screen as the fight between Noelle and Kahono continued, Noelle having managed to force Kahono into dodging some of her attacks, though still neither had landed any definitive blows.

"As for the kid, yeah, he sure knows his way around a sword. But..." Yami gave his input on the situation, watching as Asta continued to get mercilessly assailed by Kiato's seemingly neverending stream of attacks.

Within the Temple...

"Come on, now! Just surrender already, Asta! Kiato continued his rush, slashing time after time as Asta was forced to retreat further and further back, his feet beginning to dig into the floor.

"Not good! I'm getting pushed back! Fighting him is like trying to fight water! There's no way for me to catch him...! In that case..." Asta's gaze suddenly focused, calming himself down as he jumped back from Kiato's stream of attacks, closing his eyes and focusing on himself.

"I'll also become like water! Hyaghhahh!" Asta suddenly began to sway strangely, seemingly mimicking Kiato's strange movements.

"Hahaha! Monkeying around won't get you anywhere!" Kiato retorted with a wide smile, chuckling a bit at Asta's seemingly idiotic tactics.

"Don't sell a monkey short! I can't use Magic, so...I'll just recreate it with my body!" Asta exclaimed, though Kiato only laughed as he continued his dance, approaching him.

"Haha! I'm pretty sure there are limits when you don't have magic." Kiato laughed, rushing at Asta all while dancing and preventing him from reading his Ki, slashing at him with a downward slash from one of his swords, though at the last moment, Asta swerved away from the sword.

"What?" Kiato spoke in shock, surprised that Asta managed to sway out of the way of his attack, even despite how much he was struggling with them before.

"In that case, I'll just use this chance to go beyond my limits!" Asta retorted, using his mindless movements and slashing at Kiato, managing to knock one of his swords out of his hands, sending it flying back from the impact.

"Jeez...just how athletic is this kid?" Kiato stared on in shock, though a challenging grin formed on his face.

In the Monitor Room...

"Hahahaha! My idiot's ability to pick things up quick is even better!" Yami laughed heartily, seeing Asta manage to match Kiato slash for slash, which was a pretty silly looking sight.

13:6

"Eh?" Yami and Gifso suddenly turned their attention to another screen, seeing what looked to be a sleepy Vanessa yawning as she looked at one of the Temple Knights, who seemed to be trapped in a web of string.

"Seriously? Vanessa's usually drunk and useless before she gets warmed up. Damn, I should have bet more! We're at our top right now!" Yami lamented, seeing the chance to earn easy yul pass by. And he couldn't help but lament his choice to not bet more yul than he had. (Funny, in the anime I'm pretty sure he bet 10,000 yul, but in the manga he bet 100,000 yul xD)

"Grr...these guys aren't Junior Magic Knights at all! But man, that lady does have some nice boobies." Gifso commented as he saw Vanessa take down another member of his Temple Knights. (A man of culture, lads.)

"Hey, old geezer. Could you get the Magic Stone ready? A really dangerous lot called the Eye of the Midnight Sun are after it. It'd just be in your best interest to hand it over to us." Yami explained, his eyes seemingly focused. He had a really bad feeling...

"Hmph. The best part about a game is turning the tables." Gifso retorted stubbornly, causing Yami to roll his eyes at him.

"You can't get lamer than bluffing, you old geezer." Yami spoke blankly, Gifso's face flushing in anger.

"I'm not bluffing! Besides, if my Five Great Priests get serious, we'll turn things around in an instant! We've got some pretty strong people here at the Temple, and my son is the strongest among them all!" Gifso gloated, though Yami only gave a half-nod, focusing his attention on a distant screen, a familiar (h/c) haired boy fighting against...a river?

Within the Temple...

Within a flooded cavern, (Y/N) currently stabbed his sword into the cavern walls, the water below him rushing immensely as sweatdrops littered (Y/N)'s face. This was just insane...

"Come on and fight already! Don't tell me you can't handle a little wave?" The taunting voice of the same Great White shark-masked Temple Knight echoed through the area, (Y/N) feeling a tick mark form on his head. Fighting this guy was like trying to fight the ocean!

"Tch. He has a point though, I can't just keep running away. Well, more like I have to stop getting carried away by this fucking tide." (Y/N) thought to himself, drops of water dripping off of his hair and obscuring his vision for a second, seeing the Temple Knight appears around the corner.

Unearthing Phantasm from the wall, (Y/N) leapt off the wall and towards the wall on the opposite side, deciding to forego the ground and just directly jump from wall to wall to reach his opponent.

"What's wrong? Scared of a little water?" The Great-White shark masked Temple Knight teased, (Y/N)'s eye twitching as he flipped in midair, holding his sword above him, before suddenly turning around, a layer of frost surrounding Phantasm.

"[Void Frost Magic: Frozen Realm!]" (Y/N) casted as he slammed into the river below with Phantasm, turning the previously running river into a frozen wonderland.

"That's enough getting carried away by this river! Fight me head on!" (Y/N) challenged, drawing Phantasm from the frozen river and leaping at the masked Temple Knight, causing the ice below him to shatter in a web-like formation, though (Y/N) either didn't notice or didn't care.

Slashing at his opponent, a spear formed of pure [Water Magic] parried (Y/N)'s attack, though (Y/N) didn't let himself get flustered, spinning from the attack and slamming Phantasm against the spear, causing a massive shockwave from the impact, shattering the frozen lake behind the masked Temple Knight, his feet digging into the ice.

"Heh. Looks like you're more than just talk. But still not enough. [Water Creation Magic: Spear of the Squall!]" The masked Temple Knight chanted, his Grimoire appearing before him, coated in a mystic blue aura, a Three-Leaf Clover plastered on its cover. Water seemed to converge on the spear he held, and in an instant, the spear went from a simple form to a tempest of water, and the boy knocked (Y/N) aside, though the (h/c) haired boy easily recovered in the air.

"[Water Magic: Ryūjin's Tempest!]" After sending (Y/N) flying back through the cavern, the spear in the boy's hands turned tumultuous, instantly fluxing with insane currents of [Water Magic], the masked Temple Knight grasping it as he stomped on the floor, thrusting his arm holding the spear forward, sending the spear flying after (Y/N).

"[Void Earth Magic: Ruined Terra!]" (Y/N) flipped his body in the air, Phantasm coated in [Void Earth Magic], (Y/N) throwing the blade into the ceiling above, several spikes of void earth forming a blockade in front of (Y/N) as the spear, coated in all its tumult, crashed into the blockade, though it kicked up and explosion as the cavern the two were in shook, several stalagmites from above falling down, (Y/N) weaving his way through them and leaping at the ceiling of the cavern reclaiming Phantasm before leaping through the smokescreen caused by the impact of the two spells.

"[Void Flame Magic: Scorching Blades, Burning Abyss!]" (Y/N) quickly double casted, a stream of void flame blades materializing behind him as (Y/N) stabbed Phantasm into the ground, several pillars of blackish-white flames rising from the ground and covering the entire cavern, though the similarly blackish-white flame blades maneuvered through the flames, rocketing towards the Temple Knight trapped in between some pillars.

"As if this boring old trick will work!" The Temple Knight laughed haughtily, extending his hand as his [Spear of the Squall] returned once more. Aiming the spear below him, the Temple Knight stabbed at the floor beneath, blowing it up when the spear of concentrated [Water Magic] made contact with it, sending the boy to a lower level. However, as he fell, the Temple Knight quickly readjusted himself, aiming his spear above him and chucking it once more, causing another crash as (Y/N) fell through the floor, his eyes clearly unamused as the two fell through the air.

"Hehe. I told you a trick like that would not work. Now come on, bring it! [Water Creation Magic: Leviathan's Grip]!" From the wall beside him, a claw of condensed water rushed at (Y/N), capturing him as (Y/N) rolled his eyes.

"[Void Lightning Magic: Dark Flash.]" (Y/N) casted his spell, Phantasm coating in reddish-black void lightning, the (e/c) eyed boy managing to slash across the claw and dissipate it, a streak of void lightning rushing towards the airborne Temple Knight, though his spear showed up in his hand again as he merely deflected the attack with it.

Using the void lightning to boost himself, the Great-White shark masked Temple Knight shot off towards a nearby wall, the two mages still falling, though he managed to catch onto the wall, beginning to run down the wall as (Y/N) summoned [Heaven's Reach], segmenting the blade and whipping it at a nearby wall, opposite of the enemy mage, beginning to run down the wall as the two fired ranged spells at the other.

"Heh. You put yourself in a really bad spot, you know! [Void Earth/Flame Magic: Ruined Terra, Burning Abyss!]" (Y/N) snickered to himself, stabbing both of his swords into the wall to stop himself, void earth and void flames covering both swords respectively, spikes and pillars of the same magic appearing on the opposite side of the pit and assailing the robed mage.

"This old trick again? If it didn't work then, it ain't gonna work now!" The Temple Knight laughed, rotating his spear in his hands and rushing past the various obstacles, though his eyes widened beneath his mask as he saw a segment of Heaven's Reach below him, looking at the center of the pit to see (Y/N) flying towards him.

"You're wide open!" (Y/N) smirked confidently, bringing Phantasm over his head as his Grimoire shone brightly with a midnight blue haze.

"[Void Earth Magic: Rumbling Crash!]" (Y/N) chanted as Phantasm, coated in void earth, soared through the air and crashed against the Temple Knight's spear, cracking the wall the two were now standing on, sending them back to free fall once more, they quickly began running down the wall once more.

"Hahahaha! Not bad, but still not good enough! Haven't you already learned that?!" The masked boy spoke, and due to the way the two were running down the wall, his mask fell off of his face, revealing a tuft of blue hair and similarly bright blue eyes, shining to the brim with excitement.

"Heh! Then watch me push past my limits, right here!" (Y/N) grinned, the two trading attack after attack as they ran down the wall, trying to get the other person to fall first. Clearly, neither of them gave a shit as to what the force called "gravity" was.

"Heh! The name's Shimon! Try to keep up!" Suddenly breaking from the stream of attacks, the now named Shimon suddenly slid down the wall at a much faster speed, (Y/N) catching sight of what seemed like a wave of water magic, Shimon seeming to ride it down the wall.

"The hell?! And now he's riding that magic like he's surfing?!" (Y/N) felt a drop of sweat fall...er...rise? Down the back of his head, though a challenging smirk formed on his face once more.

"The name's (Y/N), and you better not forget it!" (Y/N) yelled back, Shimon looking up and giving him a teasing smirk, clearly realizing that he was in the lead as (Y/N)'s eye twitched slightly.

"Alright! Two can play at that game!" (Y/N) jumped off the wall, before using Heaven's Reach to reach the wall once more, using the blade to gain momentum as he returned it to its blade form, void ice forming around his feet as he slid his way down the wall, narrowly managing to catch up with Shimon, the two falling at roughly the same speed.

"Well, well, look at you. You actually managed to catch up." Shimon taunted, a challenging grin on his face as (Y/N) smirked at him, before sheathing Phantasm on his hip and placing Heaven's Reach back in his Grimoire.

"Caught up? Oh please, why don't you look again!" (Y/N) smirked teasingly at Shimon, before he proceeded to slide down the wall even faster, Shimon's eye twitching for a moment, before he also followed suit, the two racing down the wall to see who would reach the bottom first.

The two quickly traversed the pit, ground quickly coming into sight as the two rushed past each other, trying to get to the bottom first.

"Let's make this interesting! [Water Magic: Lost Vortex!]" Shimon laughed, his Grimoire flipping through various pages as he casted his spell, and a torrent of water formed in front of (Y/N)'s path, Shimon easily rushing past him as (Y/N) glared at him, a tick mark on his face.

"Fine! We'll play it your way! [Void Ice Magic: Frost Rage!]" (Y/N) instantly followed up with his own spell, drawing Phantasm and slashing the blade at the distant Shimon, a pillar of frost instantly freezing Shimon's wave in place, stranding him against the wall as (Y/N) slid past easily, smirking cockily the entire way down.

"You started this, no complaints!" (Y/N) laughed, rocketing past Shimon, who quickly broke out of the ice and shot down, boosting himself with his magic as he rode a wave of [Water Magic] down the wall, catching up with (Y/N) after a while, the two launching after spell at the other.

The two glared at each other as they rushed past the other time after time, the ground getting ever closer.

"Heh! Looks like I win!" (Y/N) smirked, Shimon staring at him in an unamused fashion, seeing as how the two were still a small distance away from the ground.

"You keep telling yourself that!" Shimon laughed cockily, rushing past (Y/N), the wave beneath him rushing even faster than before, though his eyes suddenly widened as the wave beneath him froze, (Y/N) saluting as he dropped beside Shimon, instantly overtaking him as his laughter rang out through the pit.

"BASTARD!" On the other hand, Shimon was stuck above (Y/N)'s [Frozen Realm], which the (h/c) haired boy had used to completely seal off the pit, making Shimon waste some time to break through the ice, though (Y/N) only looked back up with a smirk, sliding off the wall and reaching the ground first.

Shortly after, Shimon also arrived at the ground, his eye twitching as he looked at (Y/N), of whom was currently laughing to his hearts' content, taunting Shimon over his loss.

"That was...pretty cheap! Well, whatever! We can continue the fight, so bring it!" Extending his hand, the [Spear of the Squall] appeared in Shimon's hand. Across from him, (Y/N) finally stopped laughing and drew Phantasm.

"Heh. Don't blame me when you still lose." (Y/N) smirked, before the two engaged in battle once more, causing various shockwaves with each collision due to the force of their strikes.

"As if this would be enough to make me lose! I'm gonna be the strongest in the Underwater Temple, after all!" Shimon exclaimed, using his spear to stab at (Y/N), the watery spear launching several streams of [Water Magic]. Despite that, however, (Y/N) jumped back a bit, a starry blue realm surrounding (Y/N), striking every single attack using [Sword's Orbit].

"And I'm aiming to be the strongest in the entire Clover Kingdom, the Wizard King, so then let's see which one of us is stronger!" (Y/N) grinned, slashing past Shimon's spear, forcing the blue haired boy to retreat, though a grin was clear on his face.

"Let's go!" The two shouted in unison, clashing once more.

However...within another part of the Temple, yet another battle continued to rage, lightning, flames and water flying all over the spacious cavern. However, clearly, things weren't looking bright for the Black Bulls mages, Magna and Luck both covered in scratches, the Hammerhead-shark masked man standing evenly, untouched as Luck and Magna both panted.

"Uh-oh...I think you're getting tired, Magna. You can take a little break." Luck teased, breathing heavily as he stared down the unmoving Temple Knight. Various scratches were present on his face, yet his fighting intent was still just as resolute in his eyes.

"I don't know what you're talking about. I couldn't feel better than, you idiot. You butt out, Luck." Magna retorted, a massive grin on his face. Various scratches also covered his face, though like Luck, he also refused to back down.

"Hahaha! Sorry to have to drag you into my Dad's game like this." The masked Temple Knight laughed, apologizing as he scratched his head through his robes.

"Dad? You're that old geezer's son?" Magna asked, surprised at the sudden reveal. He was related to that strange old guy? Someone this strong? Then just how strong was the old geezer?

"He's strong. Just the amount of mana he has seems as deep as the sea. There's no doubt about it...he's definitely the strongest person in this Temple!" Luck's eyes shined, lightning sparking around him. His eyes seemed clouded by battle intent, making the masked Temple Knight laugh merrily.

"You two should come at me at once. I'd rather not hurt you more than I need to. At the very least, I'll end this in an instant. [Water Creation Magic: Sea God's Hammer.]" The Hammerhead-shark masked Temple Knight cast his spell, his Grimoire floating silently before him as water converged above him, forming into a hand holding a massive watery hammer.

"You ain't ending anyone, you bastard!"

"I'm not done having fun yet!"

Both Magna and Luck yelled out, their Magic's both flickering around them. And with a battle cry, the two ran at the Temple Knight.

RUMBLE! RUMBLE! RUMBLE!

However, just as the two ran, a gigantic dark orange Magic pierced through the Temple walls, slamming directly into the Temple Knight as Luck and Magna watched.

The ground seemed to quake, the impact felt throughout the entire Temple within, momentarily stopping the battles within.

"What the hell was that...?" (Y/N) faced away from Shimon, holding his sword as both he and Shimon looked above, the quaking sensation originating from above them. A few stalagmites even fell, forcing the two to slash them as they fell.

"An explosion? No, to cause this much shaking...just what is going on up there?" Even Shimon seemed to forego his previous attitude, now fully serious as he tried to use his mana detection to sense what was going on above.

Similarly, Alice and Akari, both now littered with wounds, though Alice clearly even worse for wear than Akari, looked around in confusion.

"Do you know what that is...?" Alice asked, Akari shaking her head and denying.

"No, I've never heard of the Temple shaking before. It's built extremely solidly, not even Uncle Gio can get the Temple to shake, especially not this much." Akari replied, still feeling faint vibrations coming from below. A serious look surfaced on her face, though even with her Foresight, she couldn't quite determine what was happening, meaning that it wasn't of immediate danger. Yet still...both of them could tell something was wrong.

Similarly, Melody looked around in confusion, the same reaction mirrored by Ruby, though Orion only stared directly below, feeling an extremely foreign and just as sinister magic presence from below him.

"Huh?" A few floors below, Asta and Kiato both looked up in confusion, the Temple having yet to cease shaking from the mysterious breach.

"Wh-what was that?" Asta asked, though Kiato only shook his head, not understanding what was going on either. As far as he knew, the Temple was never supposed to quake like this...

Yet, they were not the only ones surprised by the sudden changes.

"Wh-Wh-What the heck is going on?!" Gifso, the High Priest and Gamemaster of the Temple, asked in shock. Even from his location, he could still feel the tremors from within the main Temple.

Yami only grunted, his face turning serious. That magic presence...that sinister feeling was way too familiar.

And within the same room that the breach happened, a smokescreen kicked up, Luck and Magna watching on in confusion. What had just happened?

"Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!" Laughter rang out through the spacious cavern, Luck and Magna focusing on the site of the crash, and within the smoke, they could make out five figures standing within.

"Looks like you're having fun!" A deep, gravelly voice spoke out as the smoke cleared, showing four of the men wearing bright white robes, various Eye of the Midnight Sun symbols imprinted on them, and in the middle for of the four - Vetto, the Despair.

"Why don't you let us join in?" Vetto grinned devilishly, his eyes glinting maniacally. It was time to begin the banquet of despair!
————————————————————
Like a predator in the night - Despair comes crashing in! The battle for the Underwater Temple begins!

Yo! Basically exactly a day later with the next update, much pog! Anyway, the battle continues on! Next chapter we begin the banquet of Despair! Just how will the Black Bulls manage to best one of the Midnight Sun's Big Three, Vetto the Despair himself?!

On another note, looks like Vanessa is the final character you guys want for now~ meaning we've got one spot left open! Might wanna save it for now, or not? Up to you guys!

Next update coming tomorrow!

Anywho, till next time!
———————————————————————
Harem: (Feelings towards (Y/N))
———————————————————————
Alice (Loves)
Noelle (Loves)
Mimosa (Crush)
Alisia (??????)
Rebecca (Crush)
Amelia (??????)
Sol (??????)
Rin (??????)
Fana <<Elf>> (??????)
Mereoleona (??????)
Vanessa (??????)
———————————————————————
~ Chaoz has logged out. ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.1K 338 7
Y/n L/n was powerless. As a member of a noble devil family, that made him an outcast. His family mocked him, spat on him, tormented him, all because...
2M 83.5K 106
Y/n L/n was your everyday boy; helping out his family, caring for his younger brother, cooking with mother, and collecting wood with father. He was h...
1.9K 253 16
⊹ Book 2 of the Aldergrove Duology ⊹ {ONC 2023 Shortlister} Desperate to see his dead mate again, Sebastien makes a deal with the Devil. But the pric...
722K 40.9K 57
BOYxBOY || ACTION || ROMANCE || FANTASY || LGBT Wickeds have grown to a whopping 3% of the entire U.S. population. No one knows where they origin...