Capturing Memories (NH)

Od longtimeDirectioner

//COMPLETED// When an adventurous small-town girl discovers a photography contest for the world's biggest boy... Více

Chapter 2: New York City
Chapter 3: Contest Rules
Chapter 4: Before Concert Goofiness
Chapter 5: Portraits Challenge
Chapter 6: Day off In NYC
Chapter 7: A Night In New York
Chapter 8: Off To Toronto
Chapter 9: Best Friends Reunite
Chapter 10: Action Shots
Chapter 11: Interviews and Game Night
Chapter 12: Front Row Seats
Chapter 13: Invasion of Privacy
Chapter 14: Date Night
Chapter 15: The Picture
Chapter 16: Moping Around
Chapter 17: The Last Challenge
Chapter 18: Is She Being Serious?
Chapter 19: Late Night Surprise
(Chapter 20)- Bonus Chapter 1: The Long Drive
Authors Note!

Chapter 1: Contest Entry

1.1K 20 14
Od longtimeDirectioner

April 2021 Update: I decided that I have no motivation to continue to write my other fanfiction but I would like to make this one a bit better, ie. adding in my descriptive details/ develop Charlotte's character a bit more. It is not going to change the plot of the story nor very much just wanted to make it a bit more interesting to read and less bland :) 

Hello Everyone! Welcome to my first fanfiction! I have written some in the past and posted them on a different account but never finished them. I decided to have a new start and actually plan a story out from start to finish.

I am currently in the midst of writing it, but I do have five chapters written. I will be going back to edit them after I finish the whole story, so right now, this is my rough draft!

If you have any questions, are confused about anything, or want clarification, please just ask!

I have made this story as if One Direction got back together in 2020, it is taking place in the present time, except without the Corona Virus cancelling everything, my ideal 2020.

I have also decided to leave Zayn out of this story, not because I don't think he deserves to be in the band, I do! Just because if they actually did get back together, I have no clue if he would rejoin the band or not because he left before the whole hiatus thing started. There is no hate towards Zayn! <3

I hope you enjoy it and thank you for reading!

P.S All of the photos used in this chapter are just the reference photos to help you visualize what I had in mind when writing. All the rights of the pictures go to the original creators!

***************************************************************************************

It's nine o'clock on a Friday morning, and I am just getting back from my morning run. The sun was shining, birds were chirping, and I could tell spring has finally arrived in Ontario. I jog up the hill to my house and up the driveway. As I enter the air-conditioned filled house, I hear my mother calling me from her upstairs office. After saying hello to my adorable rescue puppy Cali, I head upstairs.

My mother is sitting in a big chair behind her desk, scrolling down Facebook, obviously hard at work, "You called for me?" I said as I entered the room red in the face and breathing heavy from my run. 

"Yeah! I found something that you might be interested in." She replies and waves me over behind her desk to take a look. On the screen is contest information, specifically looking for a photographer for a group of celebrities.

I have been doing photography since middle school and pursued it in college, just finishing a 2-year program last year. Since then, I have been doing side jobs and started to run my own business. Sadly, I have hit a dead end with clients, and nothing has been happening recently. My goal was to move out of my mother's place by 23, but that was put on hold. "Submit your most recent collection of photography pictures, and fill out the form and you will be contacted in a couple of days if you are chosen to compete," I read off the computer screen. "I wonder who the group of celebrities is?"

"I don't know, sweetie, but I think you should enter," she says and proceeds to send me the link to the website the contest details are on. My mother has always been my number one supporter for my photography and because I have hit a road block in my career she pushes me to get my prints out there to get noticed by bigger companies. 

"I'm not sure, maybe," I say unsure of my abilities and not wanting to get my hopes up of actually getting to work with celebrities. I thank her and heading to the bathroom to have a shower.

Once I am dressed again and just waiting for my hair to dry, I call my best friend, Gabriella. "Dude, I don't know if I should submit anything. My pictures aren't that good." I explain to her as I spin around in circles on my desk chair.

"Char you need to understand that you are better than you think you are, and putting yourself out there not only shows you that you are confident in your photography abilities, but shows everyone else that you take yourself seriously in the photography world." I sigh and stop spinning around in my chair and just stare at the ceiling. "I think you should just do it for shits and giggles honestly. If you get to compete, great! If not, you put yourself out there, and there were no repercussions!" She exclaims, and I roll my eyes. "Plus, if you end up getting through, you'll get to find out whoever the group of celebrities is!"

"Ugh, I don't know." I sigh and slowly sinking out of the chair and on to the floor, my usual spot I end up when I can't make a big decision. 

"Char imagine it is some big celebrity you have always loved, and you miss out on your chance to photograph them! You would be disappointed in yourself for not at least trying." Gabriella explains, "I am coming over there, and we are going to go through your recent pieces and pick out your best ones," she immediately hangs up the phone.

I pull myself off the floor, grab my MacBook that is sitting on my desk and jump onto my bed. While waiting for Gabriella to get here, I scrolled through some of my photographs, I select a few that are decent ones and eventually hear Cali barking downstairs and hear someone run up the stairs. "Move over, bitch."

"I picked out a few, here you look, I am a bit biased because I only edit the good ones," I explain handing her my laptop, and she scrolls down to the pictures I took of her a couple of weeks ago.

"This one is my absolute favourite, and I think it should be one that you submit." She picked out a black and white picture of her mid-laugh, hair in her face, but perfect focus on her face. That day was the happiest I had seen her in a long time, and I was so proud of being able to capture that moment.

"Alright, but it says I need 4 different styles of photos, portrait, which I can use this one for, then I also need a group shot, action, and a creative one," I say, referencing to the contest details that I had pulled up on my phone.

"Okay, what about this one you took of Taylor, Jenny, Jem and Brooke?" She asks, turning the laptop, she shows me the picture I took of them downtown Toronto during summer break last year. It's a fantastic candid shot of the four of them with smiles on their faces, it looks as natural as possible with four girls squished onto one bench can be.

"I forgot about that picture! I always liked how natural they all looked! Good pick. Action next."

"Well you have shot a few concerts for small artists, why not use this one?" Pulling up a photo I took of a guitarist mid-jump, the lighting was perfect. You could see the smoke in the background, and it overall turned out incredible.

"Gabs, how are you finding the perfect photos, girl?" I exclaim as she saves the photo into a folder with the other two. 

"You have taken the perfect photos Char, I just happened to be pulling them out of the mass amount of photos you take yearly," we laugh as she continues to scroll down my collection of photos. 

 "The last one, find my most creative one." I exclaim as we both stair at the computer screen scanning all my photos. 

We was scrolling for a while, opening multiple pictures to inspect them carefully. Gabs finally stopped and smiled to herself, "this one is perfect."

She selected a self-portrait I took during college. I had taken my close up lens focused it on my eyes and held onto fairy lights. "I don't know if I ever told you, but I ended up getting 100% on this assignment. Great pick!" I exclaim and add the last picture to the drive.

"Now what?" Gabriella looks at me as I review the photos we have chosen.

"Do you think these could potentially be good enough to actually allow me to be one of the two finalists?" I question her collapsing onto the bed behind me staring up at the ceiling. 

"Char, even if they aren't, I still think it is a great opportunity to get yourself out there! Remember, do this for shits and giggles. That way, you are not as disappointed if you don't hear back." She explains, leaning over me as I let out a big sign. Gabs has been my best friends since elementary school and while we have our moments like all friends do, she has stuck by my sides and helped me through everything. 

"Gabs, it's too late for that now, I kind of want to get this opportunity now!" I let out a stressed laugh, and she shakes her head laying next me on the bed staring up at the ceiling as well. We lay like this for a few minutes as I contemplate my life choices and how I ended up here today and let out a final sigh. 

"Fill out the form and submit it and I will take you out for brunch to celebrate your opportunity," she says, sitting up and handing me my laptop. I complete the form and select the file with all my pictures in it. I slowly move the mouse towards the submit button, the hardest part is submitting it. I look up at Gabs then back down at the laptop, take a deep breath and press it.

"Done," I close it and stand up. 

"See how hard was that! Now where do you want to go for brunch?" She smiles as we walk out of my room. I let my mother know I am heading out, before running down the stairs and out the front door and into Gabs car. My mission is to forget about it and be surprised if I hear a response.

********

A week passed.

I was editing some recent photos I took of Cali when I received an email:

Dear Charlotte Quinn,

It is my pleasure to let you know that you have been chosen as one of the two finalists for the celebrity photographer contest!

I have taken it upon myself to purchase a plane ticket for you to meet us in New York City to begin the second stage of the contest. I will be there to pick you up from the airport upon your arrival, and I look forward to meeting you.

All I can tell you at the moment is that you will be joining a well-known band on tour for 2 weeks and competing against another girl for the job of the band's personal photographer.

You will get more information on who you will be working with and more details on what is expected when you get here. Just bring all your camera equipment and be prepared to take lots of pictures.

I will see you on April 31st,

Simon

Attached to the email was an itinerary for my travel day and where to exactly meet Simon once I get off the plane. The second attachment was the plane ticket itself, with my name on it, set to leave at 9 am on April 31st. 3 days from now.

I stop dead in my tracks after realizing what has happened. It takes me a while to processes everything. The first thing I bring myself to do is send a screenshot to Gabs, with no explanation.

Gabs: I TOLD YOU!! CONGRATS! Better get packing!

I sit at my desk, still in shock, when my mother knocks on my door. "Have you heard from the contest people yet?" I spin around in my chair and just hold out my phone to her. "Oh my god! I am so proud of you hun!" I smile and take a deep breath. "Looks like you will need to begin packing and preparing for this new journey." She gives me a big hug, turns and leaves me in my room to begin packing.

Before I know it, Gabriella is barging into my room and crushing me with a giant hug. "I thought you might need help planning outfits," she laughed, and we began trying on and planning my outfits.

All I know at this point is that I am going to be gone for at least 2 weeks, travelling to with a band to different locations, so different weather is going to be expected. I pack a variety of cute, stylish clothes, but also ones that will keep me warm if the weather takes a turn for the worst.

Oversized quarter-zip sweaters, ripped skinny jeans, cute crop tops and a variety of different shoes. "You are gonna be looking hot for these celebrities, better not look better than them," Gabs laughs as she collapsed on my bed after zipping up my suitcase.

"I got 2 full days to mentally prepare myself to meet a group of popular singers, but there is no way to prepare when I have no clue who I will be working with," I say trying to wrap my head around the fact that I actually made it to the next stage.

"The second you find out, you have to tell me! Obvs only if you can release that information." Gabs rants and I roll my eyes.

"Of course, Gabs."

********

"Today is the day," I comment to my mother as I walk down the stairs to find her waiting for me. It was 6 am, and we were just about to head out to the airport. "I don't know if I am prepared."

"Just take a deep breath and remember they chose you out of thousands of submissions. You deserve to be there, so go prove you got what it takes," she replies, giving me a short pep talk.

We pack the car and head off towards the airport. We say goodbye at the entrance, and I head inside to begin a journey that could put my whole world upside down, or push me in the right direction.

Pokračovat ve čtení

Mohlo by se ti líbit

4.2K 180 40
Kylie and her best friend, Brooklyn, win a radio contest allowing them to go meet One Direction. Which could change their lives forever.
98.2K 1.4K 26
You were walking through the streets in tears, your boyfriend had broken up with you, you wanted to escape the world, but you run into a group a boys...
4.4K 138 26
1 Bully. 4 Victims. Simple sad Story right? Wrong. What will happen when the 4 Victims , get Pushed over the edge? Will the Big Bad Bully himself...
18.4K 150 29
Jasmine hates One Direction. She hates their music, their accents, and everything about them. But her life changes one day in a small candy shop when...