UNFORGETTABLE ||Editing||

By Munaari

Munaar Ahmad is your typical example of a Muslim Fulani teenage girl living her life to the fullest, the way... More

Introduction
#knowing your characters
chapter one🌸
chapter 2🌸
chapter 3🌸
chapter 4🌸
chapter 5🌸
chapter 6🌸
chapter 7🌸
chapter 8🌸
chapter 9🌸
chapter 10🌸
chapter 11🌸
chapter 12🌸
Apologies 😭😭
chapter 13🌸
chapter 14🌸
chapter 15🌸
chapter 16β™₯
chapter 17β™₯
chapter 18β™₯
chapter 19β™₯
chapter 20β™₯
chapter 21β™₯
chapter 22β™₯️
chapter 23πŸ–€
chapter 24πŸ–€
chapter 26πŸ–€
chapter 27 πŸ–€
chapter 28πŸ–€
Chapter 29πŸ–€
Chapter 30
chapter 31
chapter 32

chapter 25πŸ–€

604 62 4
By Munaari

Assalam alaykum lovelies.
Yes it's a double update!!!

A/N: VERY IMPORTANT, PLEASE READ!!!

Yesso because I love all of you..... And because y'all contributed to UNFORGETTABLE gaining 5.25k reads!!!!! Oh my God I'm literally in tears. Your reads mean a lot to me. Thank you so much!!!

And inshallah I'll try all I can to update regularly.

And also, I'm thinking of taking some chapters off and editing them then I'll publish them again. So do you think I should complete the book before editing or I should start editing while I'm still writing?

But personally I think it'll be better to edit when I'm done because editing will alter some plots and I think it'll be better for you all to reread the book after editing.

Please your opinions are needed just kindly state yours in the comment section.

Now back to the story....

Who likes the progress MunaOur is making?!?!?!

Read on...
Stay safe...

*****

Munaar's POV.

An RV bus was waiting for us at the airport, we all got into it and some porters helped us load our luggage.

Tho the exterior was explicit, inside it was very beautiful like a mini home.

We all made ourselves comfortable, and the journey from the airport to Yankari Game Reserve Bauchi began. I must say I immediately got so giddy because it's one of my dreams destination, I've always wanted to go there. Since we learnt about it as one of the existing wildlife conservation areas in Nigeria, in biology.

We passed through the ancient city of Bauchi. The entire road network from Bauchi to Yankari was single lane each way. The roads were paved with minor potholes along the way. There were several security check points and our driver spoke Hausa to the security folks who let us through without incident; our van's luggage compartment was checked briefly only once at one of the check points.

The terrain was Savannah grassland and the vegetation was green and lush due to the weather. We took notice of the architecture, with some mud huts and houses still existing, deeper into our journey. We crossed a handful of bridges driving within Bauchi State , the rivers and streams were full during this time of the year in August. The population along our route was sparse.

Bauchi has a lot of hills and small mountains. The small farms along the roads were mostly for sustaining the families and not for export outside of the state.

The first gate into the reserve is about 50km before the camp and the guest accommodations. At the first gate we paid the entrance fees: N200 for children and N300 for adults, N500 for camera use, N1,000 for camcorder use and N1,000 for our vehicle. It was quite cheap to me.

We arrived at the Yankari resort at about 2:30PM fairly exhausted. The camp was clean and there weren't a lot of visitors when we arrived. Which was to my delight.

Ashe squealed when we saw baboons and warthogs roaming around the camp ground. We had been forewarned that the baboons were mischievous and would take foods or items left unobserved. I can't wait

I understand from the resort staff that there is a 64-bed hostel on the resort but mostly made available to students. We observed other posh-looking accommodation which were gated. We were told that these were made available to government officials ..... Nigeria mehnn....although they were also available for rent to guests when not in use by government officials. One building by the resort's museum supposedly has 5 suites and a swimming pool and is available for N200,000 per night.

We got off the RV bus, all of us stretching our stiffened joints. I must say, that's one of the most joyous rides I've done in my life. Because I've seen a lot of wildlife and nature. Oh it's been a hell of a ride!

Nour came to my side and gave me a smile, I glared playfully at him, but my lips betrayed me cause they split into a wide smile. From the corner of my eye, I see muneebah roll her eyes. Girl you are in deep water.... *Evil laugh*.

Thanks to the manager who was already expecting us, we were quickly shown into our 4-bedroom suite chalet - Marshall House - which we rented for N82,000 per night. The chalet had high wooden ceilings with modern and well appointed furniture. There was a large flat screen TV with cable TV service in the living room with comfortable seating for ten. Ashe sighed before plopping on one of the couches. Maami and Ammi went to overlook the bedrooms and they shared the rooms to us.

Ammi and Abba have one room to themselves, the second one. Baffa and Maami have the first room to themselves too . Then Ashe, muneebah are to share a room. Leaving Nour and I to the last room. Aasiya was to sleep wherever she wanted.

We set to unpacking the necessary items like, toiletries.

There was a nice wardrobe closet in each bedroom; but we decided to leave our clothes in our suitcases. The beds in each room was king size with clean white sheets and pillow cases. I inspected the pillows and they appeared new. There was only a bed sheet covering the mattress.

There was a thick gray-colored bed cover which we weren't sure was washed but it didn't smell either. Thankfully though, Ammi had packed up some fresh bedcovers for us. There was air conditioning in each bedroom, the living room and the dining area, which had a dining table and chairs for 10. The chalet also had a kitchen, which was stocked with groceries and a guest toilet.

There were no towel hooks or hanging rack in the bathrooms so we had to hang our towels over the bathroom doors. The windowsills were unfortunately dirty (with sand/sawdust and dead bugs) as were the air conditioning vents so we had to do a work of cleaning.

There were no curtains covering any of the bathroom windows. But we were okay with that cause the windows were kind of high. The refrigerator in the kitchen wasn't dirty, so we set to unpacking the stocks we brought. There was even a microwave oven. From the dirt on the sole of my bathroom slippers I could tell that the floor tiles were dusty (although this wasn't obvious to the naked eye as the floor tiles were dark in the dining and living rooms). So I found a broom and a mopstick and began cleaning while Ammi ordered Ashe and muneebah to tend to the bathrooms. They grumbled but stood up nevertheless.

There were a handful of bugs especially in the bathrooms but we were given insecticide spray which helped address these. Other than these observations, the chalet was decent and we could tell that it was fairly new.

Most of the meals items provided by the resort kitchen consisted of pasta, rice, yams, red sauce, eggs, bread, and baked beans. Tea and coffee were also available.

We brought our beverage and snacks. After dinner the first night our parents and Aasiya decided to stay in and watch TV while along with Ashe and muneebah, we went for a walk outdoors.

After awhile we came back and said our night prayer Ishaa and went to bed. We had a long day ahead of us tomorrow.

Everyone went to their allocated rooms after a series of dua's by Baffa.

Nour and I walked shoulder to shoulder to our own room. The thought of sharing a room and a bed was troubling me. I think he noticed my uneasiness because without a word said, he spread a duvet cover on the carpeted floor and he took some clothes and went to the bathroom. He emerged a few minutes later, wearing a grey sweatpants and a maroon vneck shirt. His hair was wet and tousled..... And I just want to run my fingers through his dark curls....

He walks to where I'm standing, just a foot or two separating us

"Like what you see?" He asked cutting me off my trance. I look up to see him smirking. I don't know how.... But I feel a surge of confidence go through me.

" Ha! You wish" I retorted with a smirk of my own. His eyes dilated and his smirk deepens. 'challenge accepted' his eyes seem to say.

"Oh Reina, you have no idea how I wish....." I gulp. He says and take a step closer , I remain rooted to the spot.

"I don't bite... You know...." He said again. He walks till I can feel his minty breath on my face, my pulse quickens it's pace... I feel some warmth spread through my face. This time around I step out of his way and into the bathroom.

I lean back into the door and release a long breath I didn't know I was holding.

Okay what was that???!

*****

"Wake up mi Reina, it's time for subhi Salah " a voice woke me from my deep slumber.

I woke up and saw Nour hovering over me. I scrambled out of the maroon duvet Ammi gave me yesterday and wipe my eyes with the edge of my sleeve. I mutter some adhkaars then I get up from the bed.

I groggily Walk to the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror, my eyes are swollen. I splash cold water and perform my wudhu and come out. I saw a hijab layed on the bed. I take a hint he layed it out for me. But he's nowhere to be seen in the room. After a few seconds. He opens the door a little bit.

"Come out for salatul Jam'i baffa is leading us" I nod. And follow him out of the room.

We prayed in congregation and it was a very pleasant prayer. After the salaams and adhkaars, we received a series of dua's for peace and blessings from the elders. We all greeted each other.

"You all should go back to bed, we have a long day ahead of us. Breakfast Will be served by 9:00 o'clock inshallah" Ammi said.

After a series of "okay"s, we all go back to the rooms. Nour was going to sleep on the floor again and I felt sort of guilty.

"Umm... You can sleep on the bed... It's okay" I say in one breath.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable" he said. And I smile and mutter

"it's okay".

All traces of sleep has left me now so I just decide to take a bath. I take a fresh set of clothes. A khaki pants and a knee-length blue checkered shirt and a grey dove hijab. I stepped into the bathroom and stripped off my blue loony tunes pyjamas. The hot water took quite long before it became very hot. So I sat on the edge of the tub and reminisced on what happened yesterday.

I came out of the bathroom, and saw him sitted on the bed going through his phone. I had dressed in a simple loony tunes pyjamas and a white covered my hair. I silently put my dirty clothes in a hamper. I wanted to sleep but I didn't know how to tell him to get off the bed.

"Umm... I want to sleep" I said fiddling with my fingers. Twisting and untwisting them.

He smirked.

And from the I knew something was up.

"Did I stop you from sleeping?" He asked deepening his smirk. I shake my head and made to the other side of the bed. I layed down on the edge of the bed. One turn and I'll fall off.

I heared his faint chuckles. He got off the bed.

"Where's your phone? Let me plug it for you" he asked and I remember my phone which has been in my bag since we got off the RV bus.

"It's in my handbag" I said.

"Okay"

After a moment, he switched off the lights and I slowly drift into sleep. Vaguely seeing him blowing some dua's over me.

I take my bath and dressed in the clothes I'd picked out. Carefully wrapping the dove hijab around my face. I walked out and saw him peacefully asleep on the bed and I can't help the smile that made it's way to my face.

I don't know what's happening to me.... The feelings are so foreign, I've never felt this way towards any guy. But wallah I welcome these feelings with open hands cause it's halaal.

I take my phone From where he'd plugged it for me and checked the time 7:12 o'clock. Already.

I plugged my earpiece and played Sia and Zayn Malik's dusk till Dawn . I gently padded my way across the carpeted floor to the door. I open the door and it made a small squeak. I check over my head and see him turn alittle in his sleep. I smiled again. I went into the hallway.

I heard some movement in the kitchen. I open the door a little and saw Ammi and Maami standing by the stove, Maami was stiring something in a pot and Ammi looked like she was supervising. I chuckle to signal my presence. They got startled.

"A ah... Habibty you're up?" Ammi said and came around the island to hug me. I hug her back.

"G'morning Ammi" I beam at her.

"How was your night darling?" She asks and I smile at her again.

"It was good" I say and look towards my Maami.

"Maami good morning" I said.

She turns her lips up in mock anger.

"I won't answer your greeting since you didn't see me earlier... You don't love me anymore" she said and we burst into fits of laughter.

"Ow c'mon Aisha habibty... We both munaar here loves us both... But she loves me more" Ammi said and we laugh again. I went to the fridge and brought out an Apple and start munching on it.

"Munaar get a knife and a saucer there's no etiquette in eating an apple like that" the ever so prim Maami said. I scowl. What's wrong in eating an apple with my teeth. We do it all the time.

"Allow the girl Aisha... She's probably hungry" Ammi came to my rescue. I smile brightly at that.

Maami scowled and grumbled

"Maryam you're spoiling this girl" and Ammi chuckled.

"If I don't spoil her then who will, after all I'm her real mother" Ammi said rubbing my head. Maami scoffed and we burst out laughing again.

" And that's why I love my Ammi so much" I say and kiss Ammi on her left cheek.

"Yes and I never begged for anybody's love" Maami said scowling like a three year old.

We laugh again.

God these women are so funny.

"What are y'all cooking" I ask when we get quiet.

They laugh.

"Soo....?" I ask. And they stiffle laughter.

" Well....we ordered some of the famous masan Bauchi and forgot to order the miyan yaushe to eat with. And we're trying to make some-" Ammi started.

"-but we can't seem to remember procedure and it's almost breakfast" Maami concluded. I looked at them and saw worry etched in their faces. It's not their fault, they don't normally cook by themselves and it was most likely for them to forget some things. I kinda felt bad for them.

I smile at them and walked over to the stove then looked into the pot. They had some pepper, onion and tomato sauce frying on. And it smelt like they put some garlic.

So I told them to not worry and sent them out of the kitchen. I found some boiled bony beef in a different pot and I added it to the frying veggies. I cut the spinach and sorrels and continued the process of making miyan taushe. When I finished, I serve everything on warmers and set the table everyone had woken up and freshened by now.

Nour emerged from the room dressed in a blue shirt and khaki pants and a grey pcap. Then he had Dak Ray-Ban glasses on. I swear we didn't plan our dressing. But we matched.

After breakfast,we set out on our first private safari at about 10:15AM in a modified Toyota pickup truck with comfortable seating in the covered truck bed.

Our tour guide informed us that the entire Yankari Game Reserve ground is approximately 2,244.10 square kilometers!

Our first safari took about 2 hours. Unfortunately we did not see any lions or elephants although we observed several elephant droppings which indicated that the elephants had been recently around.

We saw antelopes (water bucks) whose lifespan, according to our guide, is 18 years. We saw guinea fowls, a Tantalus monkey, more baboons and warthogs.

We saw the confluence where river Geji meets the Wikki Warm springs. Apparently, during the rainy season crocodiles and hippopotamuses live in the river Geji.

We stopped by an observation tower from where, we are told, reserve officials observe animals consuming potash from the soil which our tour guide indicates helps the animals digest their food.

We observed a lot of animal droppings in this area. We also visited Marshall Caves where the natives supposedly hid during the time of war in the past.

After lunch we headed out to our second safari. It was no different than the first. On this second safari we visited a waterfall which was full at this time of the year. After the second safari we went to the Wikki Warm Springs where we spent the better part of an hour swimming. Compared to the air temperature the spring was cooler. Us, we had a blast.

Having watched safaris on Animal Channel and Discovery Channel the Yankari experience was sub-par as far as safaris go. However, the environment and the friendliness and courteousness of the staff made our experience pleasant.

*****

Heyo lovelies.
End of another chapter.
Please vote comment and share.
I love you.
See you when you see me😉.

Fi Amanillah.

Munaari.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

169K 15K 34
Highest Ranking: #1 in Muslim! 9/21 #1 in Islamic! 9/20 #1 in MuslimLoveStory ~ #1 in HalalLove ~ What would you sacrifice for the perfect life? We...
Destiny By AishaUmarYau

General Fiction

267K 29.3K 35
Ameena had not planned on getting her world turned upside down when she agreed to attend her college best friend's wedding on the other side of the c...
179K 9.2K 11
Love is sweet, yet more as fresh fruit than candy or confectionary. Love is colourful, yet more as summer blooms than the neon lights of frenetic cit...
81 14 7
"I will not marry him just because he is willing to invest in your company, which doesn't even have a future now, Abba!" "Sidra! Know your place and...