For Hating Me You Sure Are Po...

By JadedRein

When Kara's best friend, Maver, moves in with his brother she isn't happy about it. Logan is nothing like Mav... More

1: Baby Steps
2: Disaster
3: Home Sweet Home?
4: Lighten Up
5: Poptart
6: So Uh...Logan
7: Just Friends
8: Little Miss Priss
9: Saving Face
10: That Little Problem
11: Her Outlet
12: Sure Thing Coach
13: The Others
14: Your Type
15: Little Solution
17: Telling the Truth
18: Undeserved Attacks
19: Abandonment is a Funny Thing
20: Nascar?
21: Just a Player
22: So Much For Alone
23: Saved With a Fuzzy Navel
24: Bribery
25: A Player of Games
26: Jumping to Conclusions
27: Ingredients
28: All Night
29: Showing Interest
30: Us and Them
31: A Pink Tint
32: Unconventional Methods
33: Exotic Jobs
34: Hot N Cold
35: Good Feelings
36: Unlikely Mentors
37: Humiliation
38: Invitations to Trouble
39: Consider Such a Thing
40: She Started It
41: For Show
42- Comfort Zone
43: Calling the Shots
44: Idle Hands
45: Talk the Talk
46: Someone Like You
47: Misunderstandings
48- Like an Object
49: Just What Are You Looking For?
50: Dessert
51: Catching On
52: A Quest For Truth
53: Friends?
54: Sleeping Beauty
55: Full of Surprises
56: Lost and Found
57: Wrong Answer, Right Question
58: Not So Delicate Dance
59: Why You're Here
60: Eighteen and. . .
61: Unspoken Decisions
62: From the Beginning
63: Romeo is Overrated
Christmas Our Way

16: Most Definitely

819K 12.1K 587
By JadedRein

“I don’t know.” I said as he handed forth the glass and I took it in my hands.

“Go ahead. Take a sip. Can’t even tell the vodka is there, trust me.”

I looked down at the drink before finally caving and taking a small hesitant sip. He was right, there was no bitter alcohol taste. In fact it tasted like an orange creamsicle. “You’re right that’s not bad.” I commented with a nod.

He smiled brightly at me then opened the cupboard and rummaged in it a bit. “Another useful trick for the more nosey crowd…” he started before sticking a straw into the drink “is this nifty trick.” he again lifted the alcohol bottle and poured a shot or two worth onto the surface of the drink.

“When you make it add a bit more after it’s mixed. Because of the creamer and yogurt the alcohol is now lighter than the rest and will float. Meaning with a straw you won’t get any of it. People see you adding more vodka when you’re done already mixing in vodka and they will feel pleased with themselves. Not to mention it now smells like alcohol.”

I took a sip through the straw and smiled. Being able to blend in with Maver as he drank would mean spending more time with him. It also meant less time to be caught alone with Logan. “How do you know all this?” I asked looking up and returning his smile as he was obviously pleased at helping me out.

“I had an ex girlfriend who didn’t like to drink.” he explained with a little shrug as he finished his beer. “The name’s  Preston by the way.”

“Kara.” I returned his introduction and teasingly shook his outstretched hand.

“Hey.” Logan’s tired and irritated voice came from him as he ambled into the kitchen. I looked up as his eyes went from me, to Preston back to me, then to the vodka bottle between us, then to the drink I was sipping on, back to Preston, to me then finally rested on Preston. “You’re up early.”

He shrugged and set down his empty beer can, grabbing another from the fridge. “Was thirsty man.” he winked as he opened this one and drank a few big gulps then burped. “Then ran into your friend Kara here.”

“I didn’t invite her.” Logan spoke up instantly as though I were disgusting.

“I’m his brother’s friend.” I quickly explained as I finished off one of the pop tarts. “Maver. He’s just still passed out with his other friends in his room.”

Preston nodded and looked back to me. “Just thought… since you’re in boxers and all..” he said not finishing either sentence but I got the jist of what he was saying.

“Oh, no. Just Maver’s friend. And didn’t plan on staying the night so I just slept in his things like I usually do. We’re besties.” I chuckled nervously and drank some more of the drink he had poured me.

“Yeah, friends.” Logan muttered rolling his eyes as he too opened the fridge and pulled out a beer.

What does he think I’m some hoe? I wondered as I set down the drink and started on the other poptart feeling awkward as Logan eyed me up and down from the corner of his eye. “That’s what I said. Friends.” I repeated more sternly this time.

He shrugged and drank some of his beer before coming towards me, getting much closer then necessary as he opened the cupboard and withdrew a bag  of chips. “You’re drinking? I though you don’t drink?” he asked after a moment and I realized why he had gotten so close; to smell my drink.

“I don’t, but Preston made it for me and it’s not so bad.”

Logan watched me closely as I sipped from the straw, taking a bigger drink than necessary for the sole purpose of annoying him. “Good thing I got you the wine coolers then huh?” he breathed in almost a hiss before stepping away from me.

“Yeah I guess so.” I replied sassily back then took another drink of the creamsicle drink Preston had made me. “But in the meantime I’m going to take a shower.” I announced and turned my gaze to Preston. “It was nice meeting you.” I said with a smile since I was unsure if he’d still be there when I got out or not.

“You too Kara. We’ll have to party together some time in the near future.”

“Most definitely.” I returned his smile and strode off down the hall towards the bathroom with drink still in hand. This alcohol thing wasn’t so bad after all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

35.8K 326 31
Kiana's life has just gone from bad to worse. She is suddenly moving across country to live with her mom's new fiance who she hates. Stuck in a new p...
1.1K 17 22
Jasmine has been working for one of the largest investment companies for over 3 years, and now she got a promotion working closely with her boss. som...
19.1K 619 36
Brianna's Father Is Looking For Her And Her Family So They Move To Chicago Where Brianna Meets Her Old Friend Travis Who She Lives With. Finding Her...
45.9K 654 31
Alice- Alice is one of the most shy girls in her high school. When a popular boy named Kendall meets her for the first time, they both find love at f...