Competing for the Dominant

By Sara_Bryan_

Quinn has a problem. He's got a crush on Daniel Knight, the Head Dominant of The Muse Den. After almost two m... More

Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty-One
Twenty-Two
Twenty-Three

Ten

11.9K 520 55
By Sara_Bryan_

Quinn

Annie was grinning like a madwoman from the bar and it was making me nervous. Sure I had accepted Master Alex's invitation to join him at the club. And yeah, he had one arm around me and another resting on my knee. But there was no reason for Annie to look like she was going to burst as she set down a couple of waters for us.

"Thank you, Annie," I said, giving her a blatant 'Please stop being creepy' stare. She stuck her tongue out at me and continued around the table, giving others their drinks.

"She's the submissive to Mistress Samantha, right?" Master Alex asked as she walked away and I nodded.

"Yeah. They're pretty great together. Annie is a really good friend and Mistress Sam is, uh, a little on the eccentric side, but don't tell her I said that,"

Master Alex smirked, "Of course not,"

"Hey, Quinn. I've got a question," I turned my attention to the Dom across from me, whose name I learned was Theo, "Is it true that you spit in the drinks if you don't like the Dom you're serving it to?"

"I beg your pardon?"

"Well, we've heard a rumor that if you don't like a Dom, you spit in their drinks. I just wanna know if it's true or not,"

"Um, no. I can assure you I don't spit in any person's drink. That's disgusting and so far, I haven't really met anyone I don't like,"

Master Theo didn't look very convinced, but Sylvia whispered something in his ear and he scowled, "If you'll excuse us," he grabbed Sylvia by her leash and pulled her towards the back rooms. Guess she was being a brat again.

"I wonder where Theo heard that rumor," Master Alex mused and my gaze automatically shifted to a certain submissive cleaning the bar counter.

Ever since Master Knight's parent's party, Charlie had been out for blood. It started with small stuff. Spilling things and then blaming it on me. Taking the best Doms' orders so he could earn more tips. And now he was spreading rumors. This was getting irritating and I was paper-thin close to strangling him.

"You okay, Quinn?"

"Hmm? Yeah. Yes, Master Alex. I just need to go talk to Master Ken real quick,"

Master Alex frowned but let me leave anyway. Ken was at the front desk where he normally was, talking to Ryan. They had finally gotten on good terms again and were, much to the rest of the bartenders' dismay, flirting and teasing each other nonstop.

They both stopped talking the moment they saw me, "Whoa. What's that face for?" Ryan asked and I nodded my head in Charlie's direction.

"I'm going to strangle that guy if he keeps this shit up," I grumbled.

"What happened now?" Ken asked, already rolling his eyes.

"Apparently I spit in people's drinks!"

"It's true?" Ryan asked and my eyes widened.

"You . . . You've heard that?"

Ryan and Ken hesitated, "No. Nope. Not at all,"

"I'm going to kill him," I seethed and Ken rested his hands on my shoulders and took a few deep breaths. I copied him and huffed. This was becoming ridiculous. Charlie was certifiably insane.

"Just breathe. I didn't think it was true. Most people probably haven't heard the rumor and if they know you, they should know you'd never do that. Charlie is just trying to—"

"He's trying to get me arrested or fired or something. Who does this? Who is so insanely jealous and is crazy enough to feel like this is okay? Can't Master Knight do anything?"

"Well, considering you won't tell him what's going on, no, he can't. I really think it's time you talked to Daniel. He needs to know that, number one: his workers are being bulled and number two: his submissive is the one doing the bullying. If you don't tell him, Daniel can't and won't do anything about it,"

"About what?" I sucked in a sharp breath. God, why did he have to be there? Behind me. I slowly turned and laughed hesitantly. Master Knight raised an eyebrow and crossed his arms, "What's going on?"

"Nothing, Master Knight. I, uh, I need to get back to Master Alex. Excuse me," before Master Knight has a chance to say anything else, I pushed past him and made my way back to the table where Master Alex was thankfully still sitting.

"Quinn, I've got a question,"

"Is it about a rumor?" I asked glumly and Master Alex chuckled lightly.

"No. Not necessarily. More about an observation. You've been extremely tense since the last time we were together. I just want to make sure everything is okay. I know it isn't necessarily my business, however, it is concerning to see you forming frown lines at your age,"

"You're only three years older than me," I muttered and he laughed, "I appreciate your concern, but I'm fine. It's just work stuff that's stressing me a little. That's why I was thankful to have a night off and was happy that you invited me to join you,"

Master Alex nodded, looking like he didn't want to let the subject go, but he did. He smiled and patted his lap. I slid around the booth until I was sitting in his lap, facing away from the bar. He ran his fingers gently through my hair scratching lightly at the scalp before threading his fingers through the tangles. He worked lower until he was massaging my neck and then my shoulders. I let out a mix between a sigh and a moan as his fingers worked deep into my shoulders.

"I think there's a playroom left open if you'd like to continue you this elsewhere," he whispered and I nodded, getting off his lap.

We made our way towards the front desk where Ken already had the night contract out.

"I don't know why you just don't sign a two-month contract and be done with it," he muttered, handing us the pens. Master Alex glanced at me but didn't say anything. Ken's gaze would've burned my skin if it could have. I knew what he was insinuating. Make a contract with Master Alex and maybe Charlie would chill. As much as I wanted Charlie off my back, I was still nowhere near over Master Knight and I didn't want that to get in the way of anything with Master Alex.

Ken handed the key to the number five door to Master Alex and took the forms back. As we made our way towards the back hallway, Charlie intercepted us. My hand tightened around Master Alex's and I took a small step back.

"Hello, Master Alex. Quinn,"

"Good evening, Charlie. On your break?" Master Alex asked and Charlie nodded.

"Yes, Sir. Thought I would spend it with my Master because he's been busy and we haven't seen each other here much,"

"Ah, well. Have fun, Charlie,"

"Thank you, Sir. You two have fun too," As Charlie stepped past us, he stepped on my foot, "Sorry about that, Quinn. Just a little clumsy, I guess,"

He skipped away and it took me a second to completely relax. I winced as I took a step forward.

"He got you pretty good, huh? Can you walk?"

"Uh-huh. Yeah, just hurts a little. Like he said. An accident," if Master Alex sensed my angry tone, he didn't say anything as we made our way to room number five.

"Do you think you're up for some fun tonight, Little One?" Master Alex's breath was hot on my ear and I shivered.

"Yes, Sir. Very much so," Master Alex pulled me towards the bed and on top of him. He brushed a piece of hair out of my face and smiled.

"You are gorgeous, Little One. Don't know if you know that. Thought I should mention it,"

"Oh, thank you, Sir," he hummed and his hands started working their way up my arms, rubbing them slightly and squeezing certain parts.

While his fingers dug into my shoulders and arms, my mind wandered. Ken was right. I needed to tell Master Knight about what was going on. It was his club and he didn't like it when people hid things from him. But, he's looked happier since Charlie came back and I didn't want to hurt him by telling him that his submissive was an abusive brat.

Maybe I could just send in an anonymous tip or letter to him. That way he wouldn't know it was me, but he could still know. That would still mean telling him, but at least he wouldn't blame me for ruining his relationship with his submissive. On the other hand, if Charlie found out, he could get me fired and I would be evicted from my apartment. I didn't need that. I didn't want to be back out on the streets again, having to sell myself to make rent or get food or—

"Quinn?" I inhaled sharply and blinked, trying to focus on the man in front of me. His face was etched in worry and his hands were on my neck, "Quinn, you're shaking. What were you thinking about that's made you so nervous?"

"It's nothing. I'm sorry, Master Alex. I was distracted,"

Master Alex sighed and pat the bed next to him. I moved off his lap and sat next to him. He kept a hand running through my hair.

"Quinn, do you know what I do to pay for my membership here?"

"No, Sir,"

"I am a psychiatrist. I wasn't going to say anything because it's not my business as we aren't in a contract, but I must speak my mind and I hope you'll forgive me for it. I don't know much about you, but I've noticed you. A lot. You're bold, you're gorgeous, you don't mind the attention and you will speak your mind if it's the wrong kind. You don't act like the typical submissive here. It's not until you're near Charlie or Master Knight that you actually show a submissive side. I'm concerned that something's happened and you aren't saying anything,"

"How did you know? I mean, how did you figure it out,"

"I told you. I've noticed you. There are certain signs people do subconsciously that tell how they're feeling. For example, you stepped away from Charlie tonight and you gripped my hand. You were looking for reassurance. Is there something going on that you want to get off your chest?"

"I don't know,"

Master Alex rested a hand on my knee and nodded, "I know that talking about a difficult situation is hard. But sometimes it's easier to tell a stranger than someone you know. Granted, we do know each other, but only slightly. When you figure it out and you need someone to talk to, I can be there for you, or if you want a distraction, I can be there for that too. I will give you my card so you can contact me at any time,"

"Thank you, Master Alex," I rested my hand on his arm and lightly dug my fingertips into his skin, "Now about that distraction,"

Master Alex laughed and turned so he was hovering over me, "That is something I can definitely provide,"

🖤

After the events of Saturday night, I called Ken and told him I wasn't feeling good and needed to take a couple days off work. Ken immediately took me off the schedule and told me to feel better.

While I wasn't technically sick, I felt nauseous every time I thought about Saturday. Charlie was becoming a thorn in my side and if Master Alex had figured me out, I was sure that everyone else had, including Master Knight. I spent three days picking up the phone to call Ken and tell him that I was feeling fine or to call Master Alex, but I set the phone down every time.

Tuesday afternoon, I decided to do something other than stare at my bedroom wall or the inside of my refrigerator.

I stared at the card in front of me. It was only five. I could call him. Maybe explain why I've avoided the club and indirectly avoided him.

I sighed and dialed the number, almost hoping he wouldn't answer.

"Hello?"

"Uh . . . Hi, Master Alex. It's Quinn,"

"Oh, hello, Quinn. How've you been?"

"Good. Good. I took a few days off,"

"Yes, I noticed. You were missed,"

My cheeks burned at that. He noticed I was missing? I wonder if he asked for me or if he had just noticed it when ordering from the bar.

"Yeah, sorry about that. I'm not sure why I took the few days off. I told Ken I felt sick, but that wasn't exactly the reason. Do you have time to talk?"

"You're in luck. Just had my last appointment end twenty minutes ago. Would you like to meet somewhere?"

"No!" I cleared my throat, "I don't think I could tell you everything if I saw you,"

"You don't have to tell me everything, Quinn, but if you prefer to talk over the phone, I will respect your wishes. Now, what did you want to talk about?"

"I'm not sure what to do,"

"About what, Quinn. Is this about what happened the other night?"

"Yeah. You were right. Some things have happened between me and Charlie. The bartenders know. Ken knows. He just . . . I don't want to admit it to everyone else, but I'm worried. I'm terrified really,"

"Of what?"

I took a deep breath. Maybe it wasn't a good idea, but I started spilling everything to Master Alex. He listened the entire time, only interjecting to let me know he was paying attention.

When I was done, I kept my gaze on the table in front of me, waiting for him to respond. He didn't say anything for a few moments as he processed everything.

"I am surprised you haven't punched him already," he said and I bit my lip as I smiled slightly.

"What do you think I should do?"

"I can't answer that for you, Quinn. I can say that keeping your feelings bottled from the one person who needs to hear them is never a good idea, but you need to do what you feel right,"

"You're not mad that I have this massive crush on Master Knight and I'm leading you on?"

He laughed and said, "Quinn, let me tell you something about the joys of BDSM. It can just be about sex. And if you're willing, I am too. If you end up getting together with Master Knight or someone else, I won't hate you. I'd probably be very happy for you and would enjoy still calling you a friend,"

"Thanks, Master Alex,"

"Please just call me Alex. We're talking as friends, yes?"

"I suppose we are," I giggled slightly.

"I know you said no earlier, but now that you've talked, would you like to meet for dinner? I am quite famished and would enjoy a friend to accompany me? You can say no, of course,"

"You know, I think I will take you up on that offer. I have no plans and I'm not working tonight,"

"Excellent. I'll send you the address. Meet me there at six-thirty?"

"Sounds good, Alex. Thank you again,"

We hung up and I groaned. Why did I agree to dinner? This now meant getting ready to go somewhere and I was in desperate need of a shower. My phone chimed with the address and I happened to catch the time.

Fuck, I was going to be late.

Hello! So first off! Exciting news! ITTD has officially become my most read book with 45K reads. I'm so happy! Something other than one direction is popular on my page!

So. I know the last few chapters have been serious and kinda on the depressing side, but I promise it gets better and more interesting. Also, this chapter was definitely supposed to have some sex in it and for the life of me, everything I wrote was garbage. So I fixed it up and I'm saving the sex for a later chapter.

It will come soon though. I promise.

Anyway, so I know a couple of you have commented on Master Alex and I just wanted to hear thoughts so far on him. I will spoil nothing though.

I think that's all the news I have for this week. I hope you guys are ready for the next few chapters. I've got so much planned and I've been writing little scenes that I will eventually piece into separate chapters.

Alright, I will see you guys next week! Stay safe, don't forget to vote and comment, and have a great day/night!

And for all my Star Wars fans: May the 4th (Force) be with you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

458K 16.3K 9
** A/N-If you have read Book 1, Submissive part 1 & 2. Then you will enjoy this story. Book 3, Submissive 3 & 4 will follow soon.** Gabriel loved Win...
409K 19.7K 49
La Maison de la Douleur speaks of quality. Success comes easy to the men who enter as Dominant players, surrounding themselves with submissive beauty...
2.9M 121K 45
[Book 1] After his disastrous marriage, Aidan Demos swore he would never fall in love again. His love life reduced to one night stands spent tying ra...
623K 30.7K 30
[Book 1] Josh's life turned on its head when he met Gerald, a handsome man from the bar. The instant they met, something clicked. Despite all odds, J...