Off Limits

By aliciamar1e

"Okay, let's do this. But if Ethan finds out then he'll beat your ass." "That's a risk I'm willing to take,"... More

p r e f a c e
c h a r a c t e r s
p l a y l i s t
01 | I SPY books don't count
02 | Oh, to see without my eyes
03 | I'd agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
04 | And they say chivalry is dead
05 | My current relationship status is making dinner for two and eating both
06 | After you, hell should be easy
07 | How I wish I could simply evaporate right now
08 | You sound better with your mouth closed
09 | He looks like a fucking Abercrombie model
10 | Never let a man treat you like free salsa because you're guac, babygirl
12 | Gotta go, my turtle's barking again
13 | Men have one thing and that's the audacity
14 | Don't ask

11 | I think I seized the wrong fucking day

4.1K 274 153
By aliciamar1e

"There was
Forever
In those
Eyes"

- d.j

Mackenzie Thompson

I don't know how he knows, but I've always wanted to go to New York. Even though we live in Pennsylvania, a short drive away, I've never actually made the trip down here before. It's been on my bucket list ever since I watched Home Alone as a kid, and the view, and variety of things to do, has always peaked my interest.

"Do you not like it?" he asks worriedly as he sees my eyes glued to the city. I turn to him, the smile on my face so big I probably look like the Grinch.

"No, it's perfect," I say truthfully as the buildings get closer and closer.

He smiles and finds a parking garage nearby. We park the car and he slips his hand into mine as we walk around.

"Where to first?" he asks me, the surrounding buildings illuminating our way. I spot a Central Park sign and immediately get excited.

"I mean, we can't come to New York and not go to Central Park..." I trail off with a laugh. He smiles.

"Central Park it is, then."

We enter the park, the only quiet spot at night in the city that never sleeps. After wandering for a while, Aaron helps me climb a large rock near the ice skating rink, laying down his jacket on top. He motions for me to lie down, which I do, and he sits next to me.

We stay there for a while, the rock elevated just enough for us to see over the tops of the trees. He points out a few constellations in the sky, using my hand to trace them.

After his surprising knowledge of the stars run out, I stare around in awe at the buildings, each a different shape and color. My head is resting on his chest, and he plays with my hair, twisting it, but making sure he doesn't knot it. When I finally tear my eyes away from the scene in front of me and look up at him, I catch him staring at me with a look I've never seen from him before. He blushes and looks away, another thing Aaron Everett rarely does.

"You hungry?" he asks, grabbing my hand and carefully leading me down the rock. I nod my head in response, and he links his fingers through mine yet again, the heat from his hand warming me up.

We aimlessly walk around, trying to find somewhere that appeals to us both. However, I don't mind the long walk. In fact, I actually like getting to see everything. Eventually, we settle on a cute, little, open twenty-four/seven bakery with a few seats outdoors, and Aaron, the gentleman he is, pulls out my chair for me.

A sweet older woman comes by to take our order, and I go with a chocolate croissant and a hot chocolate, while Aaron goes for black coffee.

About five minutes after, the homely waitress who took our order comes back and sets everything down on the table.

"You guys are such a cute couple," she says sweetly, placing sugar and cream down on the pink floral patterned table cloth. Neither of us deny it, and when we ask for the bill, she says it's on the house.

We thank her profusely and stroll around the city, checking out the nightlife and various cinemas, clubs, and theatres.

"What do you want to do?" he asks me, coming to a stop.

"I don't care, as long as we're here," I reply, and although it sounds corny, I'm at my happiest right now.

"So this wasn't a total fail," he states with a smirk, maintaining eye contact.

"Well, I was a little worried for my safety when you showed up in the middle of the night, and we all know how problematic your ideas tend to be: for example, when you dropped the ladder and we were stuck in your old tree house for hours," I joke, laughing at the memory.

"Hey, I was eleven!" he reasons, laughing along with me.

"You have no excuse for the library mishap, though," I say as I cross my arms.

"I had no way of knowing that they'd lock us in!"

We continue walking around and joking about our past, when all of a sudden a million thoughts flood my head.

"Why are we here?" I ask.

"Well, I've always listened to you speak about New York a lot, and I thought it would be a perfect spot for a date," he replies as my breath hitches at the word date, butterflies fluttering in my stomach.

"If I knew we felt the same way, maybe things would have been different. And maybe you would've kissed me already," I respond, feeling a burst of confidence.

He makes no move to kiss me, so I take matters into my own hands. Aaron turns to face me, his hair blowing carelessly in the wind, rich and dark in the moonlight. He looked me in the eyes, his lips curving into a slight smile that seemed to radiate warmth. His eyes captivate me once again. Not because of the color but because of the words they hold within them, ones I wouldn't be able explain yesterday. However, it's all clear now. Without a second thought, I pull him towards me, softly kissing his lips.

After a few seconds, however, I realize what I've done and back away.

"I-I'm sorry. I shouldn't of did that" I started to apologize, fear taking over my thoughts.

"Don't be sorry," he whispers huskily against my earlobe. "I've liked you for longer than I can remember. You cloud my mind constantly. I can't focus, I can't work, I just want you."

His words take me by surprise. I've always thought I was the one with a silly little unreciprocated crush on my brother's best friend.

"And I want you too," I reply, my breath visible in the cold air.

The only sound I hear is racing of my heart. My breathing becoming varied and adrenaline starts pumping through my blood stream at the simple movement of him linking his fingers into the belt loops of my jeans and pulling me back towards his chest. We're so close, I can see my reflection in his eyes.

Kenzie, don't fuck this up again.

Aaron tucks the piece of hair he was playing with earlier behind my ear, keeping his hand there, cupping my face. And for the second time, we kiss. The second he presses his lips against mine, everything stops. I can feel the fire within my bones as he kisses me like my lips are air and he can't breathe.

He tastes like bitter coffee and vanilla and everything I've ever wanted. The one hand still tucked into my belt loop wraps around my waist, pulling me even closer to him. I slide my arms around his neck as I kiss him back.

Maybe this kiss lasts a minute or maybe even a hour. However, all I know is how soft his skin is when it brushes against mine, my realization that I didn't want to ever kiss anyone else, and that I've been waiting for this moment forever.

"Nice sweatshirt," Aaron smirks, pulling away for both of us to catch our breaths. "Where'd you get it?"

I smile at him, giving it away.

"Keep it, it looks better on you," he says sincerely, bringing me in for another kiss that was equally as perfect as the first two.

─────

"Thanks, it was a lot of fun," I say a few hours later as we arrive at my house, turning around to hide my blush.

"Thanks for saying yes," Aaron replies, softly kissing my lips.

I don't think I'll ever get used to this.

He walks around the car and quietly opens my door for me, then glances at my window.

"Here, I'll help you get inside," he offers, taking my hand.

I smile at him as he props me up until my fingertips grab the edge of the window. I summon all the upper arm strength that I can and push it open, falling inside. Aaron takes a few steps back and jumps onto my window sill, his head just in view, hanging by one hand.

"Good night," I whisper.

"Good night, love," he says with a sweet smile before dropping back down, this time landing on his feet.

Now that I'm alone, I can finally think about everything that's happened.

Or not.

"Ahem," my mother clears her throat as she flicks on my bedroom light, leaning against my doorway.

I think I seized the wrong fucking day.

Author's Note

please vote, comment, and follow

hopefully this short chapter was cute like i was going for!!

on another note, i feel like nyc at night is just really pretty

- alicia marie

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

803K 26.1K 43
Everything was tasteless..bland. People in this universe never tasted anything until they found their soulmates. The number of days until they get to...
3.1K 301 41
"Seriously you've dated the same guy since freshman year!" He asks astonished. I nod my head. "So, you've only kissed one guy?" I laugh. "Why does...
858K 15.3K 35
Previously known as 'My Twin's Best Friend' 17 year old Riley Montgomery has put up with her twin brother's best friend, Tyler, the notorious bad boy...
677K 28K 59
Elijah Reed is my enemy, uh I mean neighbor. He gives a whole new meaning to the term "bad boy" and I would like nothing better than for him to leave...