The Ugly One *Charlie Weasley*

By HopefulNiall

Beauty and confidence destroyed by an ugly mark, Saffron Hawthorn believed she'd never be loved again. And st... More

The Ugly One *Charlie Weasley*
Intrigued
Afternoon Awakening
Dinner Disaster
Stay
Departure
Eggs On Toast
Packing
Platform Nine and 3/4
Watch
Accidental Ledge
Fear
Wake Up
Explanations
Disappointment
Remus Lupin
Diagon Alley
Expectations and Apologies
Having To Go
Snow Day
Guilt and Uneaten Sandwiches
Caught
Curiosity Killed The Cat But Satisfaction Brought It Back
Home
A/N
Lies and Truths
Sorted
Christmas
Boxing Day
New Years
Desire For Peace
Crazy
Twists
Different Types Of Anger
Understood
Future Thoughts
Heey
Obssessed
A Molly Weasley DnM
Names
Wizarding Wars
St Mungos
The End of Times
Romania
First Day
It's All Good
Jealous Maybe
Missed
Trust?
Rivalry
Aftermath Feelings
Aftermath Feelings - Part 2
Two Can Play
Saturday Dance Night
Friends
Do You Love Me
Skillz
Good
Promotion
First Date
Thank you <3
Questions!
Authors Note!
Yay!
Epilogue

Rainy Kisses and Missed Birthdays

2.3K 74 28
By HopefulNiall

"So, other then hearing about girls apparently obsessing over me, what else did you get up to at Hogwarts?" Charlie asked Saffron as the two lay on the picnic blanket looking up at the sky, hand in hand. 

"Not a whole lot really. I just kept to my studies, my house, my friends, didn't really do anything to be noticed by anyone other than those in my house," Saffron said. The sky had darkened again but the two stayed out for as long as they could. 

"What do you mean noticed?" he asked.

"Well in Ravenclaw they had these  competition kind of things, whoever could solve the  most riddles ecetera and I just so happen to be good at riddles," Saffron shrugged. 

"Ok, what else?" he asked. 

"Well, I don't know really," Saffron said. "I guess I was just in with the right crowd." Which was true, she had been, but Saffron didn't like to talk about her school days, they reminded her too much of him...

"And because of Julius?" Charlie asked. Speak of the devil.

"Yeah," Saffron nodded. 

"He was Hufflepuf didn't you say?" 

"Yeah."

"How did you, you know start dating?" Charlie asked. He felt a little awkward talking about it, but he wanted to get past any and every barrier and he was part of Saffron and he wanted to know. 

"Well we used to both hang out in the library a lot, and I thought he was quite good looking and one day he came up and spoke to me, so we started studying together and I really liked him, then he asked me out, I said yes, and that's it," Saffron shrugged. In a way she liked remembering it, she was happy at that time in her life, she was her. 

"But it changed?"

"Yeah," Saffron said. "It did. He changed and then it happened and I suppose it was a good thing though, that I didn't marry him."

"Why's that?" Charlie asked, though he was ecstatic that she hadn't married him. 

"I was so young. I hadn't experienced the world. He became a Death Eater and I didn't fancy that lifestyle," Saffron explained. "Plus it would have been a bummer had I been married and then met you." 

"That is a good reason," Charlie said referring to the last one.

"I thought they were all good reasons," Saffron smiled.

"They are, I just like that it would be a bummer," Charlie smiled. "But did you just say he became a Death Eater?!"

"Yeah," Saffron said sadly. 

"But e was a Hufflepuff?"

"I don't get it either," Saffron said. "But it doesn't matter."

"It doesn't?" Charlie asked looking at her. 

"No," Saffron shook her head. 

"But what about you? What did you used to get up to?" Saffron smiled.

"Not much either I guess. Quidditch, Prefect duties, friends, studies, didn't have time for much else."

"What was your favourite subject?"

"Care of Magical Creatures," Charlie said and Saffron smiled. 

"That was mine too."

"Really? Were we in the same class?"

"No I don't think so, I don't remember any girls fawning over you," Saffron said and Charlie laughed. 

"Imagine if these girls saw you now, all hooked up with Charlie Weasley," Charlie pretended to act cocky and Saffron laughed. 

"I'd have a few more enemies or a few more friends," Saffron said. 

"It wouldn't matter though because you'd have me."

"Ok Mr Cockypants," Saffron said and he chuckled. 

"I don't know if I believe you though. You make it sound like all the girls wanted me," Charlie laughed. 

"Most of them did. But I guess there were a few who didn't."

"I wonder why though. There's nothing special about me."

"Ok, one, lies, two you were cool, popular, and good at so many things, everyone wanted to date you, be you, befriend you or hate you so," Saffron shrugged and he laughed. 

"I'm sure the same went for you."

"Not exactly," Saffron said and Charlie chuckled.

"Not exactly?"

"No," Saffron smirked. 

"When do you think this will be all over?" Saffron asked. 

"I don't know."

"I hope it's not much longer. I hate it. I hate how everything has to be. I hate seeing how worried and frantic your family, especially your parents, are and not being able to do anything to help them. It's just so hard," Saffron frowned. 

"I know, and I think that we are all grateful that you care so much about us, even though we've only known you for a short period of time."

Saffron nodded and they fell 

"Charlie when is your birthday?"

"December 12th," Charlie said. He hadn't even realized they hadn't discussed birthdays. Of course his had been and gone but he hadn't let her know.

"Charlie! Your birthdays already been and you didn't say anything?" Saffron frowned.

"You were going through a bit of a tough time Saffron I didn't want to badger you with unimportant things."

"Unimportant, Charlie, no," Saffron said. 

"Well when was yours?" he asked and she immediately went red. 

"December 24th," she murmered. 

"Saffron!" Charlie said.

"I'm sorry, I know it was hypocritical of me to say anything but I didn't want to take away the Christmas festives," Saffron said. 

"Well happy belated birthday," Charlie said.

"Happy belated birthday Charlie." Saffron replied.

"Next year, we are going to celebrate our birthdays properly," Charlie said, letting this year slide. 

"Agreed," Saffron said, she felt all excited when Charlie referred to their future. 

A raindrop fell and splashed Charlie's nose, moments later it was as if the heavens had opened and rain fell, saturating them both as they hurried to grab everything. 

"Quickly," Saffron said packing everything up. 

"Come on," Charlie said taking her hand. The two laughed as they ran, suddenly Charlie stopped.

"What are you doing?" Saffron asked. 

"Wait, come here," Charlie said as he dropped everything, frowning Saffron walked over to him and he smashed his lips on hers, kissing her in the pouring rain. 

"What was that for?" Saffron smiled.

"Everything," Charlie smiled. Thunder sounded and the two of them grab their things and  and ran to the burrow. 

"Oh thank goodness you're here and safe," Molly said as the two got inside. 

"I was only joking when I said we were going to elope mum," Charlie grinned and Molly gave him a stern look. 

"Charlie, I'll grab you a towel before you get sick. Saffron, dear, would you like to take a shower?" Molly asked, she had been very gentle with Saffron, but not enough to make her feel like a child. The two had become quite good friends whilst cleaning together.

"Thank you Molly, I'll be quick," Saffron smiled as she trudged towards the stairs, dripping wet. As she looked back, Charlie gave her a wink and she grinned hurrying up the stairs. 

A/N YAY! Two updates in one day! I am going to try to update everyday for you guys, I've realised it's nearly been a year since I started this story and it's not even close to finishing! I just want to say thanks to everyone for reading again.

And I was wondering, because I am feeling creative, would we be interested in another Harry Potter themed story? I would love to do a Madauerers Era one! But I'd like to do one everyone will be interested in! Please let me know! love you all xoxoxox

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

119K 3.9K 27
Charlie X Reader, 'Playing With Fire' Book 1 (Series Completed) *** "Uh, yeah. I stopped going to classes a while back. Believe it or not, that's not...
1.5M 47K 73
"Oh, Hello," she said in her dreamy voice. "I'm lost." "Hello, Lost. I'm Fred." No one knows why life happens the way it does. Why people do or feel...
11.6K 281 35
𝐼𝓉'π“ˆ 𝓁𝑒𝒢𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝑒 π‘œπ“ƒ, π‘’π“‹π‘’π“‡π“Ž 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 π“Œπ‘’ π“‰π‘œπ“Šπ’Έπ’½, 𝐿𝑒𝒢𝒹𝒾𝓃𝑔 𝓂𝑒 π‘œπ“ƒ, π‘’π“‹π‘’π“‡π“Ž 𝓉𝒾𝓂𝑒 𝒾𝓉 π’½π“Šπ“‡π“‰π“ˆ 𝐹𝑒𝑒𝓁𝒾𝓃𝑔 οΏ½...
195 8 7
DISCONTINUED FOR NOW Evangeline Weasley is the sixth born of the Weasley children. After the war she is living with her boyfriend Nathan. Her family...