Persistent

By findinglove9499

Persistent: adjective 1. persisting, especially in spite of opposition, obstacles, discouragement, perseveri... More

Copyright Statement
Prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twentyone
twentythree
twentyfour
twentyfive
twentysix
twentyseven
twentyeight
twentynine
thirty
Epilogue
Bonus Chapter

twentytwo

3.5K 132 1
By findinglove9499

Lena? Lena? Where is Lena? Wait, Lex. Lex should be dead. Lex planned this. Lex took Lena. LEX TOOK LENA. KARA WAKE UP. My eyes opened and I bolted upright. Pain still rippled through my body as I took in the scene around me. J'onn is standing in between Alex and I with Maggie laying on the bed next to Alex.

            "Where's Lena?" I asked and pushed myself out of bed only to fall into J'onns arms.

            "Kara you need to lay down, the kryptonite needs to leave your system before you charge into battle." J'onn said and pushed me back into bed.

            "What happen in the prison? Lex isn't dead J'onn, he's alive and he took Lena. J'onn he took Lena. I have to find her." I said and tried to get out of bed again.

            "Kara, please stay in bed. You can't help Lena if you're this weak." J'onn said in his stern dad voice. I sighed and let him help me into bed.

            "How are Alex and Maggie?" I asked as I looked at my sleeping sister and her girlfriend.

            "They will be okay; they should be waking up shortly. We have agents tracking down Lex and Lillian don't worry. I'm going to turn the sunlamps on again. You need to stay still and recharge to get the kryptonite out of your system." J'onn said and looked at me.

            I only nodded and J'onn flipped the switch and I could feel the lamps starting to recharge me. Just like J'onn said Alex and Maggie both started waking up. Maggie jolted up right away and started looking for her gun.

            "Maggie" Alex said and reached for her head groaning. Once Maggie heard her name Maggie calmed a bit and looked around. She saw us all and her heart rate calmed.

            "What happened? Where's Lena?" Maggie asking taking in the room just like I did.

            "Lex took her. Lex is alive." I said and could feel my eyes start to water.

            "No, no no no no no, Kara look at me we will get Lena back, this is not your fault." Maggie said and sat up to look at me.

            "I couldn't stop him. Lillian had a kryptonite rock and Eve injected me with some before Lex came and kicked me in the face knocking me out." I said remembering the last things that happened before Lex kicked me.

            Maggie started barking orders at the agents that were with us as Alex fully got her bearings. Once she was able to sit up without a pain in her head she joined J'onn and Maggie in command while I sat under the sunlamps a little longer. I needed to pull myself together. Finding Lena going to take everything I have and I need to be at full strength.

            When I got into command a lot of people were running around with Alex and Maggie calling the shots. Winn was working hard at his computer and J'onn was overseeing everything.

            "Do we have any leads?" I asked J'onn as I watched Maggie start yelling at whoever she was on the phone with.

            "Possibly, we still don't know what Lex's grand plan is so without knowing that it's harder to understand why he needs Lena, but Winn is looking into all of L Corps latest projects and Sam has given us access to Lena's private projects to try and find a link between it all." J'onn said.

            "Sam's here?" I asked looking around for her.

            "Yea she is in Alex's office looking over everything." J'onn said.

            "I'm going to help her." I said and started towards Alexs' Office.

            When I got there Sam was looking at three computer screens with different information. I sighed and sat next to her and found Lena's pocketbook she had with her in the prison. It doesn't look like anybody has gone into it since we left the prison. I took the bag and started to go through it. Lena usually doesn't take this large of a bag with her so there has to be a reason why.

            I turned the bag upside down and poured the contents on the desk in front of Sam and I.

            "What are you doing Kara?" Sam asked and looked at Lena's stuff.

            "Lena brought this bag for a reason I'm trying to find out why. Wait this is Lex's medical file, she asked the guard for is when he was leaving during the execution." I said and picked up the file. Sam took it from me as I looked around at the rest of the items in the bag, which wasn't much. Lena brought some snacks and a water.

            "Do you know if they tried to trace her phone, it's not here." I asked Sam as she looked through the file.

            "Most likely, I feel like that should be the first thing they've done." Sam said and flipped through the papers. "You said you got this from the guard at the prison?" Sam asked and looked up from the paperwork.

            "Yea he gave it to us and then Eve and Lillian walked in right as she put it in her bag." I said and watched as Sam move some of the papers around.

            "This is our code from L Corp. The one Lena and I use for our important documents, wait Eve was there?" Sam asked and moved more papers around.

            "Yea she was there with Lillian." I said. "She was also the one who gave us the information about the bullet Lex shot me with and Eve disguised it with your cipher."

            "These are plans to turn the sun red Kara. Lex wants Superman and you powerless while he capitalizes on peoples fear to bomb the city." Sam said.

            "You're sure?" I asked.

            "Positive but Eve also gave us there location headquarters and you're never going to guess where it is." Sam said and started to get up grabbing the papers.

            "Where Sam?" I asked and started to hover off the ground with rage.

            "His headquarters are underneath the prison. Why would we ever look for them in the place he is supposed to be running from." Sam said and started to run towards command.

            "I'm coming for you Lena, just hold on." I said and followed Sam out the door.

Lena's POV:

            Everything was dark. I don't know where I am, the last thing I can remember was Lex's execution and then not feeling good. I remember Kara trying to help me but then everything faded to black.

            "Lena you need to wake up" I heard someone say as I slowly opened my eyes. My head is killing me as I took in the room around me. It looks like I'm in a basement. Did I just make that voice up?

            "Lena wake up!" The voice sounded more urgent. I looked next to me and saw Eve.

            "Eve?" I asked and rubbed my head.

            "Yes, listen to me, we are under the prison right now. Lex is planning on turning the sun red and he wants to bomb key sights in National City. He wants to kill the Supers. He still doesn't know that Kara's powers are back. He needs your help in finishing the code for the robots so he can deploy them using the control panel on his suit. He wants to be the hero. He wants to show the world that you don't need Supers. He has an army of robots in Lexosuits ready to take down the Supers.

            "Once I found out that this is what he was planning I knew that I needed to help you somehow. The medical records you got at the prison are our code. As long as Sam gets a look at everything she will know where we are they will come to free you." Eve said and stopped talking when she heard a bang from down the hall.

            "I have to go now; I don't know if I'll see you again but please know I'm sorry for my part I this." Eve said kissed my forehead before leaving me alone in the room.

            This is bad. I sighed and looked around. It was cold in here with just one single light above me, we are definitely underground. Slowly I stood up and walked to the door. It is made of metal and there is no handle on this side of the door, smart Lex I'll give you that. I bent down and tried to look through the crack in between the door and the frame to try and get the door open.

            That was a bad idea though because all of a sudden the door was pushed open right into my temple. Siring pain shot through my head and I fell away from the door.

            "Seriously Lena? You're getting blood on the floor." Lex complained and walked into the room more as I backed up to get away from him.

            "What do you want Lex?" I asked and tried to stop the blood flowing from my temple.

            "I want you to help me rid the world of supers once and for all and because you didn't listen to me the first time, you're going to help me do it." Lex said as he stood over me.

            Lex didn't give me a chance to say anything as another man walked into the room and grabbed me and threw me over his shoulder.

            "Lena this is Metallo he is going to be your personal body guard from now on. Metallo has a neat trick he is going to show you once he puts you down which is now." Lex said and Metallo dropped me on the floor. I was lucky enough to brace myself so my shoulder caught most of the fall.

            Wait, did Lex just say Metallo? I looked up from the fall and saw the large man that just carried me over his shoulder. This wasn't Metallo. Metallo was killed in his secret weapons cash when the kryptonite destabilized in his chest.

            "Metallo's dead Lex, I watched the explosion." I said and moved my arm to try and get my shoulder to stop stinging.

            "That is true. That was just my first version. There was a lot we learned from John Corben and with Lex's help we recreated the formula for the synthetic kryptonite and stopped from melting down." Lillian said and walked out of a door.

            Lillian and Lex started discussing things as Metallo came over to me. He bent down in front of me and wiped the blood from my face and neck. He attached a bandage to the wound and I thanked him. With the bleeding stopped it gave me a chance to take in the room as a whole to see where I am. The room is most likely there command center. There are at least a dozen computer setups all around with large TV screens mounted on the far wall.

            It took me longer then I hoped but I found a door. That had to be the door I came in through. It was the only one that I could see. I know that Lillian came in from somewhere but I couldn't find it.

            "It's your time to shine sis." Lex said and I felt a hand tightly grip my upper arm.

            "I'm not helping you Lex" I said as Metallo dragged me over to a computer.

            "Okay then say goodbye to your beloved Supergirl, or should we just start calling her by her first name Kara?" Lex said and sat in front of a computer himself.

            "What are you doing?" I asked. Lex still doesn't know we removed the device from Kara's spine.

            "Kara is about pay the price for your disobedience." Lex said typing away on the computer.

            "Don't you hurt her" I said and started to get up from the chair when Metallo pushed me back into it.

            "Struck a nerve there I see. Do as you're told and then I won't kill your girlfriend, at least not yet." Lex said and stopped typing.

            Please Kara find me soon.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

25.7K 733 59
Picking up immediately after the events of the sinkhole in PART 1- Ava must navigate her new connection to the Halo while the OCS works to save an ol...
81.1K 2K 21
It took her a second to decide to drop everything and fly back to Star City after receiving a phone call from the hospital. "Ava, Sara's been shot"...
574K 2.2K 62
lesbian oneshots !! includes smut and fluff, chapters near the beginning are AWFUL. enjoy!
65.6K 3K 30
Undercover detective, Emma Swan, is sent from the big city life of New York to small town Storybrooke, Maine to follow a lead on her new case. She's...