-SINISTER | vkook (ON HIATUS)

By DinsFire

❝Forgive me if I am scaring you, bunny boy. But, I wanted to warn you that this craving I have for you is get... More

Ayo Ladies and Gentleman
CHARACTERS (& Thanks♡)
Introduction
【1】
【2】
【3】
【4】
【5】
【6】
【7】
【8】
i'm ok : )
𝐇𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐎𝐖𝐄𝐄𝐍, 𝟐𝟎𝟏𝟑〖 𝙹𝚞𝚗𝚐𝚔𝚘𝚘𝚔 〗
addressing something serious.
【9】
【10】
"What is DID?" + Explaining Taehyung's alters
【11】
【12】
【13】
【14】
On The Edge 〖 Jungkook 〗
【15】
【16】
【18】
First Friend [Taehyung]

【17】

1.5K 82 123
By DinsFire

The two boys walk down the side-walk with their arms intertwined with one another. It is raining out, but Jungkook doesn't mind it. Taehyung seems pretty concerned about the younger, since he has been showing signs that he's caught a cold, but the rain has always made Jungkook feel at ease, though he is not entirely sure why that is. Maybe it's because everything seems quieter...calmer when it rains, he thinks. Not much in his life is calm, and so the rain is welcomed in his eyes.

"S-So...why did y-you s-s-s-start c-coming to th-these s-sessions in th-the first p-place?" Taehyung asks. The puddles are splashing under the two's footsteps as they walk side by side.

"Hmm...that's a good question." Jungkook says, wiping a few raindrops away that plop gently on his face. "I guess I came for the same reason everyone else probably did - I felt like it was my only option."

"Hav-v-ve you b-been s-s-sad about s-something lat-t-tely?" Taehyung asks, and Jungkook lets out a small sigh before responding.

"I think everyone is sad about something right now, but yes, I have been. To be honest with you, I...feel a little guilty. There are a lot of people right now that have it way worse, and here I am, feeling sorry for myself. I actually feel like I don't deserve go to these sessions, like maybe I would be taking up a spot that could go to someone else that was worthier. Maybe I'm just overthinking it, though." Jungkook's head slumps down a bit and he stares down at the sidewalk as they grow closer to their destination.

"I d-d-don't know why you're s-s-sad, but....you d-d-deserve help j-j-just as m-much as everyone else d-does." Taehyung says reassuringly. Jungkook can feel his arm squeeze tighter around his arm ever so slightly - his words do make him feel a little bit better.

"You really think so?" Jungkook asks him, looking over at Taehyung and he nods. "That's really nice of you to say, thank you. Anyways, enough about me...why did you choose to start going?" Jungkook asks, curiously.

"S-s-sad like you, I g-g-guess...I d-dunno.." Taehyung says, and Jungkook can hear how unsure he is in his voice.

"How long have you been going?" Jungkook asks.

"I d-d-don't really k-know. It f-feels like I've b-b-been g-g-going there f-for awhile now, b-b-but....I d-don't really even k-know the others th-that go. You're th-the only one I t-t-talk to."

"Do you like it?" Jungkook asks.

"I l-like t-t-talking to you a lot, yeah.." Taehyung says, and Jungkook can't help but giggle at his answer, thinking it was awfully sweet.

"No, not that, silly." Jungkook says. "I mean, do you like going there?"

"Oh.....um...I g-g-guess....yeah, I d-do...because if I had-d-dn't, I would-dn't have m-m-met you.."

"I'm happy I met you too, Taehyung." Jungkook says, squeezing the older's arm back tightly. "Thanks for coming with me tonight, I feel a lot safer with you for some reason."

"Y-You're welc-c-come. If you e-e-ever n-need me t-t-to go with you, anywhere at-t-t all, I will.."

"I'll certainly keep that in mind." Jungkook says and the two continue on their way in silence, listening as the rain gently falls around them.

. . . . .

The two of them walk inside the building, and they are immediately greeted by Jiyoo, who is sitting on a chair with her legs crossed over the other. "Hello, boys! Good to see you made it!" She says, and the same 4 boys from before had all turned their heads to look at them. They have a smile on their face as they look at Jungkook, and they all start to wave, but as soon as their attention switches over to Taehyung, their demeanor changes - almost as if they were questioning what they were seeing.

"What's that weird guy doing with Jungkook?" Jungkook can hear the boy he remembers to be named Hoseok ask the boy closest to him, that being Jimin. Jimin shrugs his shoulders and the two stare down at the two's arms that are still intertwined with one another.

"Hi, Miss." Jungkook says, and Taehyung reverts back to his usual quiet self; staring down at the ground.

Jungkook removes his arm from around Taehyung's and he steps over to the coat rack, followed closely by Taehyung. He takes off his drenched coat to hang it up, then holds his hand out to take Taehyung's, to which Taehyung grabs his hand instead.

"No, no I need your coat, Taehyung." Jungkook says, chuckling down at their hands.

"Oh...okay." Taehyung says and reluctantly lets go of the younger's hand. He then takes his coat off too, handing it over to him. After Jungkook hangs Taehyung's coat up, he walks over to the circle of chairs.

"You guys are soaking wet! I'm glad you made it in when you did." Jiyoo says."Heard there's gonna be a big storm tonight."

"Yeahh...we were at the indoor ice skating rink before this, and we lost track of time." Jungkook says, and a few of the boys look over at each other in slight shock. "I had no clue it was going to rain tonight."

"That's no problem at all. I'm just hoping you won't get sick! Now please, sit down, sit down. Jimin was just sharing with us about his day." Jiyoo says, putting her hands out to a couple of empty spots, to which Jungkook gives her a bow in thanks.

"Um....J-J-Jungkook..?" Taehyung whispers, looking two and from the only available spots in panic.

"Yes?" Jungkook asks, looking over at him in question.

"Th-the chairs...th-they're t-t-too far...I have t-t-to sit by you.." Taehyung whispers, and Jungkook looks over at the chairs that are a few seats apart.

"Um...well.." Jungkook rubs the side of his arm and he looks over at Jimin, who is sitting next to the seat he is standing nearest to.

"Hi, I know this is kind of awkward, but...I was wondering if..." Jungkook goes quiet for a moment, trying to articulate the right words without sounding rude, but to his surprise, Jimin nods his head without him even having to say a word.

"Yeah, I can move. It's no problem at all." Jimin says with a smile, having overheard what Taehyung had whispered to him.

A relieved smile comes across Jungkook's face and he gives him a small head bow in thanks. "Thank you so much." Jungkook says and Jimin collects his coat and stands up from the chair, allowing Taehyung to resume his spot.

When the two of them sit down, Taehyung scoots his chair as close as he possibly can to Jungkook's - until the two of them are practically leg to leg, arm to arm. It isn't long after they sit down that Jungkook starts to notice a few stares in his direction, and he starts feeling a little bit nervous. "It feels warm in here." Jungkook, mumbles, followed by an awkward chuckle and he pulls on the collar of his black turtleneck sweater.

"Now that everyone's here - Jimin, why don't you continue on with your story today?" Jiyoo says, folding her hands neatly in her lap.

"Oh, okay." Jimin says softly. "Well...my day actually went surprisingly well." Jimin says, fiddling with his fingers in a shy manner. "I reconnected with an old friend today, and we are supposed to go out for lunch tomorrow.."

As Jimin recollects his day, Hoseok leans over to Namjoon and whispers something in his ear, covering the side of his mouth. "It looks like that Jungwhat kid has gotten a little close with that Taewho guy."

"Yeah." Namjoon whispers back. "Isn't that weird?? I mean, that guy hasn't spoken a word to any of us as long as I've known him...I wonder if Jungkook has some sort of magical powers or something."

"I dunno...but I'm gonna get to the bottom of it." Hoseok whispers and he goes to put his hand down, but then notices that Namjoon has his hand halfway out of his coat pocket, clutching onto his wallet. "HEY!" Hoseok yells, nearly scaring the crap out of everyone in the room. He smacks Namjoon's hand away. "What do you think you're doing?!"

"Oh, sorry....it's a habit.." Namjoon says, rubbing the reddened spot on the top of his hand.

"Namjoooon." Jiyoo says, prompting Namjoon to look over at her. "Remember what I said? You wouldn't like it if someone stole something of yours, now would you?" She asks, crossing her arms across her chest.

"No, miss....I'll try not to do it again." Namjoon says with his head held down shamefully.

"Carry on, Jimin." Jiyoo says, folding her hands neatly back into her lap.

. . .

"Thank you so much for sharing with us, Jimin!" Jiyoo says with a warm smile. "I know opening up in front of others can be rather difficult, but you did a wonderful job, as always."

"You're welcome, miss." Jimin says in a soft voice.

"Now, who's next?" Jiyoo says, and Hoseok's hand shot up as fast as lightning.

"ME ME ME! I'LL GO NEXT!" Hoseok says.

"How about we give someone else a chance first, Hoseok?" Jiyoo asks.

"But, come on....there's no way anyone's day can come even close to how cool my day was." Hoseok says, crossing his arms over his chest.

"It's not a competition, Hoseok." Jiyoo redirects her gaze over to Taehyung. "How about you, Taehyung? Would you like to share about your day?" She asks, and Taehyung's eyes shoot up from the ground.

"M-m-me..?" Taehyung says, and the other boys all gasp simultaneously.

"HE SPOKE! THE MUTE SPOKE!" Hoseok says, gripping the edge of his seat tightly.

"Shut up, Hoseok or you're gonna scare him..!" Jimin whispers loudly, gently smacking Hoseok on the top of his thigh.

"Well, your name is Taehyung, isn't it?" Jiyoo asks with a lighthearted chuckle.

"Yes.."

"So, yes...you." Jiyoo says, nodding her head. "I'm sure the group would be very interested about your day."

"I...d-d-don't know what t-t-to say.." Taehyung says, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Well....." Jiyoo rubs her chin, desperately trying to think of ways to pry some words out of the bashful teen. That's when her eyes land on Jungkook. "It looks like you and Jungkook are getting to know each other, yes?" She says, and Taehyung's eyes immediately brighten upon hearing Jungkook's name.

"Yes. J-Jungkook and I are...f-f-friends.." Taehyung says, a subconscious smile creeping over his lips as he finishes his sentence.

"Friends?? What? How? When? Where? And why??" Hoseok says with raised eyebrows.

"I-" Taehyung starts to speak, but was immediately cut off by Hoseok.

"It's only been, like, a week. How did-"

"Calm down, maniac! Give the guy time to at least process one question first!" Jin says, shooting a glare over at Hoseok as he cuts him off. "You can do it, honey!" Jin says, cheering him on.

As all eyes focus on Taehyung, Taehyung's cheeks begin to feel warm and he opens his mouth to start speaking. He looks over at Jungkook, to which he's met with a small, reassuring head nod before he looks back out into the other boy's eyes that are filled with curiosity, and even a bit of excitement. But, just as soon as he starts to speak again, his head starts feeling a bit fuzzy and suddenly, his nervousness is gone just as quickly as it came. Taehyung's worried eyes are soon filled with that of confidence, and a wide smile that no one could have expected appears over his face.

After a sudden, prolonged silence, Jiyoo clears her throat. "Well, Taehyung...care to tell us what you and Jungkook have been up to lately?"

"I'd love to, ma'am." Soren says, taking a glance over at Jungkook. "We have been getting to know each other quite well these past several days, wouldn't you say um.." He pauses for a few moments and looks up, as if he is recollecting something, "..Jungkook?"

Dumb-founded, Jungkook stares over at what looked to be Taehyung for a few seconds before responding, though he can tell there is a drastic change by his demeanor alone. "Oh...um...ye- yes. Coincidentally enough, Taehyung transferred to my school and, um..." He manages to avert his eyes back over to Jiyoo, "we've been spending a lot of time together."

Soren crosses his leg over the other and he neatly places his hands in his lap. His once nervous, slumped down posture is no longer - instead, he sits with his back perfectly straight and his head held high in confidence. "I'm happy to be able to call Jungkook my friend - it's not often I meet someone who is so willing to give me a chance."

While everyone listens carefully as Soren continues on explaining how the two met (while occasionally pausing awkwardly here and there, as if he was confirming with another source before he speaks), Jungkook can't help but stare over at him in utter confusion.

Noticing the look on Jungkook's face, Soren's smile fades and he realizes he probably should take it down a few notches. He clears his throat. "So...yes, I'm very thankful for Jungkook's kindness." He concludes.

"Aw, how nice! It always warms my heart when I see my clients making long-lasting friendships!" Jiyoo says, wiping a small tear from her eye. "I can tell, just by looking at you, that you're a changed man! See what a little kindness can do, everyone?? Ah, beautiful!" She blows her nose into a handkerchief, then waves it towards Jungkook. "Jungkook, your turn." She says.

"Oh, um. Alright." Jungkook says, facing towards the group. "My day has been really nice. Actually...my whole week has been." He chuckles a bit. "As you know, I've spent a lot of time with Taehyung, and I have to admit... it's been really fun. It's, um...not that often I make new friends. And Taehyung and I clicked so well and so fast...I'm a little shocked to be honest."

"A lot of people miss out on lasting friendships simply because they're too scared to give it a try! So, I'm sooo happy to hear that you two gave each other a chance! It feels great, doesn't it??" Jiyoo asks, and Jungkook and Soren glance over at each other and nod their heads - a small smile on their faces.

"But like...what makes Jungkook so special??" Hoseok asks. "I tried talking to you, and you just ignored me!" He says, crossing his arms over his chest. "Not cool, man!"

"Oh, uh..." Soren opens his mouth to speak, yet he finds himself speechless. But luckily Jiyoo takes over.

"Don't feel bad, Hoseok. Some people just gravitate more easily to some than others. I'm sure if you give it time, Taehyung will open up to you, too. Don't you worry your head off." Jiyoo says, but Hoseok only slumps back in his chair and grumbles to himself.

"Now, Hoseok, since you've waited so nicely, how about you tell us about your day now?" Jiyoo asks, and Hoseok immediately sits back up in his chair.

"FINALLY!" Hoseok says loudly. "Okay, okay. So, you better listen up because this is gonna BLOW your mind! My day started off where I was just walking down the street, minding my own business when this guy lookin' to start a fight walked over to me and demanded me to give him my wallet. Well, hahaha...." He waves his index finger back and forth. "Being the master of martial arts I am was like, nope. Not a chance. So I was like, what can I do that this guy will NEVER expect? So what I did was, I started off with a wicked fast flying front kick and...."

Everyone finds themselves zoning out for the next 15 minutes as Hoseok recounts his, more than likely, made up tale - of which goes completely unnoticed by the excited teen, who is far too busy having fun, acting out his scenario in a grandiose manner.

Meanwhile, Jungkook and Soren find themselves with their gazes locked onto one another, though they never speak a word to each other - instead, trying to figure each other out with their eyes, silently.

. . . . . .

"Donuts, anyone??" Jiyoo asks, coming out from the backroom holding onto a big, pink opened box with an assortment of donuts in a variety of flavors and colors.

"Ah yeah!" "Sweet!" "This is the whole reason I come here!" The boys say, hopping up from their chairs in excitement, aside from Jungkook and Soren, who keep their excitement for the tasty treats to a minimum.

Soren stands up from his chair and he offers his hand out to Jungkook. "Let's stretch our legs, shall we?" He asks, and Jungkook nods his head, taking his hand in his.

The two walk quietly over to Jiyoo, who is smacking the hands of the greedy boys. "Hey, hey, hey now leave enough for everyone!" She says. "Hurry boys or else they're all going to be gone!" She beckons for Jimin, Jungkook and Taehyung who were in the back lines.

As the two boys are slowly walking up, Jungkook looks over to the side of Soren's face, to which Soren feels him staring and returns a gaze. Though Jungkook hasn't said anything yet, he knows inside that Jungkook has finally caught on. But instead of a look of fear, or confusion that he expected, he's surprised to be greeted with a somewhat warm smile, so he smiles back. After the two get their donuts, they remain silent for the rest of the session while listening to the others recount their day. Though, in that silence between them, there wasn't any tension; instead, an odd comfort.

9:30pm

. . .

"Bye Taehyuuuung!" Hoseok calls from the other side of the sidewalk, waving his hand. "Sorry that I thought you were a weirdoooo!"

"It was nice to finally talk to you, Taehyung! Bye Jungkook!" Jimin calls out, waving.

"We should get to know each other more next time, yeah?" Namjoon says, followed by Jin. "Yeah, and maybe Hoseok won't be so annoying and interrupt you the whole time."

"Bye boys! You all stay safe on your walk home!" Jiyoo says from the door.

After all the boys bid each other farewell, they each go on their seperate ways into the night. Where finally, the two friends can be alone to talk.
...

"So, um..." Jungkook says, peeking over at Soren. "...who are you?" He asks bluntly, and Soren looks over at him.

"Ah, what a shame...you've caught us." Soren chuckles a bit. "I guess I'm not a very good actor, am I?" He says, and Jungkook nods his head no quietly. "My name is Soren." He says and Jungkook closes his eyes for a moment to collect himself.

"So, I guess there are only two possibilites here..." Jungkook says, letting out a small sigh before he continues. "Either Taehyung doesn't exist and, instead, you've been lying to me about your identity. Or two...there's more of you."

"What do you think?" Soren asks.

"I would like to hope 'Taehyung' is real, but at the same time, it would hurt me to think that he has been struggling with an illness...which would be the only other explanation." Jungkook says.

"So, you know about DID, then..?" Soren asks.

"Yes. For while now..." Jungkook says, wrapping his coat tightly around himself. "I've been noticing these weird things that you've...or whoever...has been doing, but...it didn't really hit me as a possibility until you- er...Taehyung told me about his blackouts." He says, looking sadly over at Soren. "So, my suspicions are right... aren't they?"

"Yes." Soren says, nodding slowly; his response causing a small pain in Jungkook's chest.

"Ugh...how could I be so ignorant to not see the signs sooner.." Jungkook says, holding his face in his hands.

"No, don't beat yourself up, darling. It's only been a week." He says, placing his hand on Jungkook's shoulder. "I'm...actually quite surprised you've stayed around for this long."

Jungkook looks up with teary eyes. "S-so...*sniff*...how many times have we spoken..?" He asks.

"Only a few. Trust me...Taehyung's the one you've been talking to most." Soren says, rubbing Jungkook's back comfortingly.

"B-but...why didn't he tell me?" Jungkook asks, wiping his nose.

"Darling...Taehyung doesn't even know it himself. But, I'm sure he would have if he knew." Soren says in a soft voice.

"What?? How can he not know??" Jungkook asks, widening his eyes. "Doesn't he take medication??"

"We try to take it, but...we have a bit of an obstacle we have to get passed." Soren sighs. "Taehyung does take them, but...he puts so much trust into our guardian that he doesn't ever question her. He just knows that it's good for him."

"But...why didn't you tell me then?" Jungkook asks, and the two stop in the middle of the sidewalk.

"Because I..." Soren removes his hand from Jungkook's back and rubs the side of his arm. "I know how happy Taehyung has been since he has met you, and well...I didn't want to tell you in fear of scaring you away. I would never forgive myself if I did that to him."

"Tae-....Soren, I wouldn't have just left like that. In fact...it would be more likely that I would have left if you hadn't told me."

"Maybe so, but...I couldn't risk it. The last time I told someone, they assured me it was okay, but then...we never heard from them again." Soren says, letting out a sigh. "Taehyung was heartbroken, as was I."

"Well...I'm just happy that things are finally starting to get clearer. I'm just so mad at myself for ignoring the obvious signs..." Jungkook says, taking a breath of composure. "But...now that I know, I'll be able to educate myself more."

"You...would do that for us..?" Soren asks, his eyes slightly widened.

"Of course I would. Taehyung's my friend and I want to know everything I can do to help him through whatever he's dealing with."

Soren is silent for a couple seconds before reaching down and taking Jungkook's hand in his. "Thank you, Jungkook." He says. "Truly. This means the world to me."

"And I thank you for being honest with me. Now, we can figure things out; together." Jungkook says, and Soren looks as if the weight of the world lifts off of him in that moment. "I won't abandon Taehyung either, okay? So please, don't ever worry about that." He says, and Soren nods his head.

"Can you make a promise to me, though?" Soren asks.

"What is it?"

"Please don't tell Taehyung yet. I'm afraid if you do, he won't take it well.."

"But...how long do you want me to keep it from him..?" Jungkook asks.

"I can't answer that...but, right now is not the time...he's still very fragile. And something like this, well...I don't know how he will react." Soren says. "I'm starting to suspect that he is catching on, so let's just give it a little more time...maybe he can come to terms with it himself. As of now, he's taking his medication when he can, and doing everything he needs to do. So...as long as he's doing that, I think it would be best that he's blissfully unaware...I just don't want him to worry. That's my job." Soren looks up. "So...do you promise?"

A few seconds of silent pass as Jungkook stands there, deep in his thoughts before he replies;

"I promise."

"Thank you...thank you." Soren says, giving him a big bow on gratitude. "So um...would you like to join me for a cup of tea so we can talk more in detail-" He says, but is interrupted by the sound of a car horn.

*honk* *honk*

Jungkook and Soren raise their hands and cover their eyes as a car's headlights shine directly at them. As a car pulls up beside them, the window rolls down, revealing Jiyoo's face.

"Jungkook!" Jiyoo says. "Thank goodness you didn't get far. I forgot to tell you something; it's really important!"

"What is it, Miss?" Jungkook asks, turning his attention over to her.

"Do you know anyone by the name of 'Mr. M'?"

-

A/n: LOOL his name was Mr. M RIGHT? oh god it's been a hot minute and I cant find the chapter I introduced him in 🙏 have mercy. Hope you liked it! I hope it didnt seem like it was going too quickly in this chapter, but I gotta get things rolling. I'm ansty and I want to get to the juicy stuff and it involved jungkook finding out about what the dealio is.

Tag:

Got tagged by marchymeowlovesbts ty♡♡

1. I cry way too easily and I like Hawaiian pizza (fight me)

2. Nope.

3. Nope.

4. Is mayonnaise an instrument?

5. Avocado

6. I hate inconsiderate people. Like when people dont hold the door open for you, or dont give the little wave when you let them pass on the road.

7.

8. I'm pretty open minded if you told me you had a mayo fetish I'd be cool with it

9. One because my tiny brain cant hold all that info.

10. Sleepy sideways eye.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.6K 831 28
Sometimes there's a reason when something happens... Sometimes there's a purpose what someone chooses... Arcane: understood by few; Where Kim Taehyun...
370K 11.8K 26
[COMPLETED | UNEDITED] ✧ Four years. Four years since Kim Taehyung had seen Jeon Jungkook, yet the memory of their last conversation was still fresh...
7.6K 375 28
When his father's job causes them to move to a new town, Jungkook couldn't care less. It's not that he has no emotion or is depressed or anything, he...
98.2K 3.2K 49
Warning! This is 21+ years of age. Includes: bad language, abuse, sexual content, and death. A girl named y/n l/n was just a normal girl but the...