Duplicity [h.s]

By happydays1d

"Smoking is bad, you know." The placid voice speaks up from the distant dark corner, nothing to see but a tal... More

-read me / trailer
00
01
02
03
04
05
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100

39

982K 17.3K 324K
By happydays1d

thank you for your patience! I'm in finals right now. (ps aven and harry have never kissed before, I saw a lot of comments regarding that last chapter. Its only ever been the neck)

Aven Brooks

5:04am (earlier that day)

"Thank you for coming, your number was the only one I had in my phone." I stood in the middle of the soaking wet room, my arms crossed over my stomach and my eyes burning from zero sleep.

Niall came in with large bags under his eyes, grey hood up and hands in his sweatpants pocket. His usual bright blue eyes were quiet in need of sleep, 5am was early after all.

Niall put his name in my phone a long time ago when he pocketed it from me, I don't know how he did but all I know is I had him in my contacts.

He shut the door behind him, glancing his vision around the destroyed hotel room. He let out a stagnant huff, shaking his head.

"He did a number this time huh?" Niall murmurs like this has happens before, peering his eyes around the soaking wet floor.

This obviously wasn't the first time he's seen this from Harry, which is even more concerning.

"I managed to clean a lot up, it was way worse." I murmur. I cleaned the bathroom of all water, the garbage and cigarettes. "I just didn't know what to do about that.." I point at the table that had a duffle bag of cocaine, bags of pills, and the gun.

He looked at the incriminating table, then back at me.

"You didn't touch them right?" He asks cautiously.

I shook my head.

"Good." He murmurs, walking over to it. "You don't want your prints on that stuff."

"Should I ask why you guys even have all that just out in the open?" I say in curiosity, it's been staring at me for a while. I was scared all night someone would just walk into the room and see all of that there.

"He shouldn't have it out in the open, but he does that a lot when he gets like this." He gravels in his tired voice, grabbing all the paraphernalia and drugs with his bare hands to clean it up and put it away.

"Does this happen a lot?" I turn my head to see Harry laying passes out in the bed, dead asleep.

"Here and there." He murmurs while cleaning up the evidence. "How'd you find him?"

"I stepped in water outside of his door, then I knocked and he didn't answer so I walked in. He was in the bathtub." I answer, keeping my voice to a low.

He nods, not very shocked it seemed. "He'll be fine."

"You don't seem surprised."

"I've came into Harry's room many times where he's been knocked out on the floor surrounded by drugs and liquor bottles. The first time I thought he was dead and I ran for Louis. But he's never dead, he's just unconscious." He tells me like this was all such a normal thing I shouldn't worry about. "Bathtub part is new for me though."

"How often does this happen?" I ask, looking at Harry asleep on the bed.

"More then it should, once a week maybe?Sometimes two if he's really going through something." He answers while stuffing things into bags.

What I saw last night is something he goes through possibly once a week?

"That's insane.." I shake my head while enduring this cold feeling.

He shrugs, "Its Harry."

"He needs to talk to someone about it." I mumble under my breath.

"Probably, but he never will."

"I thought he was going to die last night." I get a spine chill and a sick feeling in my stomach thinking about it. "He was talking like he was purposely overdosing."

"He won't die." Niall was quick to say.

"How can you be so sure?" I asked pensively.

"He leaves his door unlocked." He states like it was a fact. "He leaves it unlocked so I can come get him in the morning."

I furrow my brows while trying to understand exactly what he just said. I glance at Harry again, he was still passed right out on the bed.

"But how would an unlocked door represent that?"

"If it was locked, he wouldn't want to be helped. If it's unlocked, he's risking someone coming in and saving him." He explains the methodology behind the surreal metaphor.

"Did he tell you this?"

"No, it's just what I take from it. But he leaves his door unlocked every day so I can come in the morning and get him to the bus. I've brought him to the bus countless times when he's like this."

"This is all so scary." I huff in defeat, never in a million years thinking this was his life. I knew he goes through a lot but I didn't think it was so much on the inside.

"As fucked up as it seems, you'll get used to it. I tried once to get him to get some help, but he lost it at me."

"I'm worried for him Niall.." I spoke so quiet and weak.

"Don't be, if his door is locked and he isn't answering then you can worry. But if not, he'll be fine, he's just going through shit." He zips up the duffle bag, having cleaned up the entire table.

But he's not fine.

"So you come into his room every morning?"

"Only mornings we leave for the bus. I'll knock around five and if he doesn't answer I open the door and go get him and his shit off the floor, drag him to the bus. But most days he's already awake and he opens the door himself, walking out with me." He explains quietly, grabbing the duffle bag and putting it over his shoulder.

"Does he ever day anything to you? Like during or afterwards."

"No, I only even find him knocked out. And the next day we just don't talk about it, he doesn't want to and I'm not a therapist so I rather not talk about it either. It's just an unspeakable understanding we have for each other." He explains calmly, I'm glad he was answering all of my questions. I never thought I would have this type of conversation with Niall.

"That's kind of you to be checking up on him every other morning." I breathe.

He doesn't respond, just walks over to Harry on the bed. He bends down and nudges his shoulder to wake him up.

"C'mon Harry let's go." Niall says while knocking his shoulder back and forth.

Harry shifts and groans, not realizing Niall was telling him to get up. He just flips over away from him and tried to go back to sleep.

"He may still be high, he's only been asleep for a few hours." I state in reason.

"Harry you gotta get on the bus now." He grabs his wrists and pulls it, making him sit up asleep.

He squints his eyes as he was sat up on the bed barely unconscious. I walk over to the side of the bed to help, grabbing his legs and turning them towards the edge. Niall leans down and lifts him up by his under arms, getting him to stand but not on his own. He drapes his arm around Niall, the duffle back on his other shoulder.

I stand on the other side of Harry, putting his other arm on my shoulder so he had both of our support staying on his feet.

"I'll get him down to the bus, you need to go grab all your stuff still."

"You got him?" I reassure.

"Yeah, I've done this many times so down worry." He nods, arm wrapped around to Harry's opposing rib.

"Okay." I nod, letting Harry go.

Niall walks Harry's barely conscious body to the door, holding up his stumbling band mate.

"You're sure he'll be okay?" I ask one last time, he was probably annoyed of me by now from all these questions.

"Yes, grab your stuff and you can come get on our bus if you want to check on him again." He states while still heading to the door, reaching for the handle.

"Okay." I nod, that's a good idea. I wanted to be there when he wakes us, just in case something goes wrong. I'm not sure how much he will remember from last night.

He leaves the room and I immediately grab my phone and my shoes, putting them on and straighten up the last few small things to make anything easier for the maids later. After that I bolted back to my room, luckily I packed last night.

I quickly brushed my teeth, took my pills, changed my clothes into a different pair of loose pyjamas, put on my glasses because I've been wearing my contacts all night, and packed the little random things I had left in the room.

After all of that I grabbed my bags and headed out, having ten minutes to spare before the bus leaves. My eyes were burning from no sleep, but I couldn't sleep if I tried. My brain has been on high alert since finding Harry in the bathtub. No matter how tired I was, I couldn't sleep right now if I tried.

Before I knew it I was walking out the grand front doors of the hotel as the sky was just approaching dawn. The second I stepped outside to the somber air I heard nothing but the engines of the lined up tour busses.

I saw Sal with his clipboard like usual, he sees me and checked something off on the paper.

"You're on time today." He counters.

"Is it alright if I get on the guys bus today?"

"As long as you get on a vehicle going to our next location than I don't care what bus you get on." He nods, taking my luggage for me like he always does.

"Thank you." I say before hurrying off to their bus.

I run up to the running engine that flooded my ears, jumping onto the open door at the front of the bus. The driver wasn't there yet so I just pressed the button that opened a door to the dark bunks. Once the door opened I was met with Niall and Liam manoeuvring Harry into the lower bunker at hip level, Louis was in his bed on the opposite side of the aisle but at the top, watching the whole action happen.

They turn and look at me as I entered, immediately I felt a little awkward.

"Niall said I could..."

"We know." Liam answers, moving Harry's legs into the bunk. "It's fine."

They get him into the bunk and shut his curtain, seeming like it was some sort of routine.

"He'll be out till around ten probably." Niall says while standing up straight, Liam hopping in the bunk under Louis's.

I walk over and peak in the curtain, shining the littlest bit of light on Harry's sleeping face. His cheek was squished into the pillow, his hair a mop on the fabric as he was totally knocked out again.

"Aven can I talk to you for a second?" Niall says from next to me.

"Yeah of course." I whisper as Louis and Liam shut their own bunk curtains.

Niall walks over to the door that opened to the lounge area on the back of bus, flicking on the light because it was still darkish outside.

I press the button to shut the door behind me, Niall walking to the center of the room near the c-shaped couch and crossing his arms.

"You need to be careful." He says quietly to me in seriousness.

I furrow my brows, a little lost.

"With what?" I basically whispered.

"Harry." He answers.

"What about him?" I felt a little nervous suddenly.

"I shouldn't be saying anything, but you just need to be cautious around him. He's super fucked up, more then I even know." He said as a soft warning, really catching me off guard because I didn't expect this type of conversation with him.

"What do you mean by fucked up?"

"On the inside, he's a ticking time bomb. Just try to remember that." He whispered in all seriousness.

I nodded, still not knowing exactly what it meant but it was enough to stick in my brain.

"I just wanna help." I murmur back.

"I know you do, but he can't be helped."

I slowly nodded, respecting what he was saying.

"Okay." I flattened.

It went silent between us, my arms crossed over my stomach. It was hard what to exactly take from his words, after all he wasn't explained specifics.

"Do you wanna sleep in my bed, I can stay out here." He adds in curiosity.

"No, no it's fine." I shake my head. "I couldn't sleep if I tried. I'll stay out here."

"You sure?"

"Yeah, I can watch television out here anyway. I'll be okay." I reassure, not wanting to take his bed when I chose to come on here.

"Okay, I'll see you in a bit then. I'm gonna try and get a couple more hours in." He nods.

"Yeah or course, I'll see you later." I agree, he did look very tired.

He headed back towards the door, clicking the button to opened it into the dark bunkers, eventually it closed behind him so I was left alone in the back of the bus.

The bus started to move, so I made my way to the couch near the window. I sat down and tucked my knees up, resting my head on the back of the couch to peer out the window. I needed some times in my thought, some time to just recite everything that's happened in the past six hours.

I will try and remember what Niall said.

10:34am (present time)

I've always struggled with making the right decision. Since I could remember I always just wanted to please people and make the choice in life that was considered correct. I take my life in steps, one right after the other in hope to find that happy ending.

Harry on me like a panting animal running his head between my legs in the back of his tour bus was probably not the right decision. I knew the second he unclasped my bra I was in big trouble with this man for a while.

Despite everything Niall told me early that morning, I still found myself beneath Harry's broad body in need to feel something. The thoughts that came over me when I felt his lips in the crook of my neck and his hands lacing up and down my body was nothing but a want. I wanted to do this, even if I knew it was wrong.

We were just so wrong.

Karma came to bite me in the ass about it too, sending Niall in here like it was a universal sign telling me this wasn't the right choice.

But I'm only human, there's was only so much desires I could handle in a situation like that. I couldn't believe I let it go that far, but I did and frankly I wish it went further. They way he touched me, grasped me, breathed against me— was something way more euphoric that I've ever experienced before.

And now here we were, sitting awkwardly next to each other on the couch while Niall watched television. My stomach was still an erratic mess, area between my thighs still sensitive to the touch. I kept my thighs pressed together, legs crossed in hope the fragile feeling would subside.

Not only have I not slept, but now I had to literally change my pants and I couldn't until we got off the bus and back to the new hotel. I'm hoping to squeeze in a quick nap before the show. If Harry and I didn't get in that situation, I'd be napping right now. But I was sadly wired at the moment.

It's been about an hour since Niall walked in on us, and he's been watching television ever since.

I've been gazing out the window, trying to not choke on nerves of what happened. Harry and I would glance at each other here and there, he'd send me a small smirk like he found this funny. I couldn't help but smile a bit too, it was slightly humorous after all. Only because we didn't get caught. If Niall or anyone actually saw anything then I would've been so embarrassed.

Niall got up, adjusting his track pants and heading to the door with his hood up all the sudden.

"Where you going?" Harry asks immediately as he got up.

He turned his head to us and furrows his brows, hood up like he was still half asleep.

"You a cop or something?" He said back with attitude.

"I'm just wondering dick." Harry shot back.

"To the washroom." He murmurs back while proceeding ahead to the door. I chuckled to myself a bit, the exchange was kinda funny.

Harry won't know what Niall and I talked about today, there's no point in telling him. Niall was right after all, Harry wouldn't discuss anything between them even knowing Niall got him to the bus.

Niall opened the sliding door to the dark bunkers, where the bathroom also was. We sat silently staring at the open door, waiting for it to shut.

The second the door automatically slid shut again, I didn't even get to turn to Harry until he threw himself at me. I gasped out as his broad body knocked me back on the couch, his head falling into my neck to where he wasted no time sucking vigorously and kissing the skin all over. It caught me instantly off guard, I didn't think he would do anything like that.

"Harry—" I laughed and placed my hands against his chest as I was laying beneath him all the sudden again.

He pulls up and looks down at me from his hovered position, lapsing his tongue across his bottom lip.

"He just went the the washroom, he's going to come back." I whisper while shaking my head.

"I know." He mumbles before going back into my neck, kissing my arch bad breathing heavy. "The second we get you to a bed I'm finish what I started."

My body tightened a bit, the slightest bit of excitement bursting in my veins but I had to control myself. He grazed his teeth against my skin, breathing heavy. I arched my back as the hot air made a shiver run through me.

"What for?" I played dumb as he pulled my earlobe with his teeth, smirking to myself.

He lifted his head up and looked down at me, shaking his head with a small playful grin.

"Shut up." He rasps jokingly, falling back down to the edge of my jaw.

I laugh and squirm beneath him, his soft lips pressing against my tangent skin. The feeling of someone's lips against me was so unfamiliar to me, considering it's been a year since Ryan. Plus the fact it's Harry's lips on me in this playful way, made it even more foreign.

I heard the toilet flush from behind the wall, Niall would be back any second now.

"Go—" I push his shoulder so he gets off me.

He gives me one more big sloppy kiss on my collarbone before pulling back like I wanted, sitting up straight on the couch near my feet.

I sit up and adjust myself, folding my legs together and pretending nothing ever happened. Harry stayed sat causally, running his hand back through his hair and extending his arms along the top of the couch.

Niall eventually came back in the room, I turned my attention to the television that was playing a random show to pretend nothing went on when he was gone.

"Do you know where we're arriving at today? My days are meshing together." Niall murmurs while sitting back down in his original seat, facing the television.

"Charlotte, North Carolina I think." Harry answers in contemplation.

"Wow, that's far from Washington." I input.

"Few hours yeah, I think were almost there though." Niall peers out the window behind our heads. "I'm just glad we're getting closer to Florida."

"We are?" I perked up a bit, I've never been to Florida.

"Yes ma'am, I think after Charlotte?" Niall says while rubbing his hands together in excitement.

"I'd love to see the ocean." I say with eager thoughts in m these.

"Well you can see it when we go on our annual little trip to Daytona Beach." Niall grins in a sadistic manor, almost diabolically.

"She's not gonna want to go to Daytona Niall." Harry shakes his head.

"Why not?"

"Yeah why not?" I furrow my brows.

"Daytona beach this time of year is just a bunch of drunk college kids filling the streets in bathing suits. Niall likes to go because girls throw themselves at him for being famous." Harry explains.

"Hey don't make me out to be the scumbag." He gets defensive.

"Oh c'mon you know I'm right, you do use your fame to fuck college girls." Harry says while leaning his temple on his hand that was propped on the back of the couch.

"I wasn't the one having a threesome in the washroom last time." Niall fires back at him.

"At least I didn't do it publicly behind a ring toss shack." He argues as this conversation was just getting worse.

This seemed like it could go on all day.

"You both are going to get chlamydia if you keep hooking up with every random girl you meet at a party." I cautioned, shaking my head.

"Condoms brainiac." Niall debunked.

"You just carry condoms on you all day everyday?"

"A lot of guys do." He shrugs. "I always have one with me for emergencies."

"I always carry two." Harry inputs, acting extra cocky with the statement.

"Really?" I furrow my brows. "Where?"

"Wallet." Niall answers.

"Back pocket." Harry answers too.

"How do you even remember that everyday?" I cross my arms, this was borderline fascinating to me.

"How do you remember to bring your phone with you everywhere?" Harry adds.

Weird way to look at it, but alright.

"I mean I guess that kinda makes sense." I shrug.

"Gotta always be ready." Niall smirked.

The doors suddenly open up to the bunks, in walking Liam and Louis now in their sleep apparel. Tired expressions and hoods up made it seem like they just opened their eyes thirty seconds ago.

"Li do you bring condoms everywhere you go?" Niall asks him immediately, making my eyes widen a bit because they bother we're just barely in the room.

"Of course." Liam answers like it wasn't an awkward question at all, putting his hand into his sweatpants pocket, pulling out a silver foil square.

Oh shit.

"Is this just something all guys do?" I ask as both of them sit down near Niall.

"Most, Louis doesn't." Liam turns to Louis and nudged his shoulder in tease, like there was a joke I was missing.

Louis shuts his eyes in tiredness, ignoring Liam's remark. He seemed like he was still sleeping, hands tucked in his black sweater and hood up. He had tired bags under his eyes, breathing softly.

"You're just risky?" I chuckle in slight humour. You'd think the doctor would be the one to carry condoms if he was gonna sleep around.

"No cause Louis doesn't fuck." Niall adds with another smirk, catching me off guard.

Louis doesn't react, he just keeps his eyes shut like he was sleeping sitting up.

"He's our little twenty three year old virgin friend." Liam states now, looking at Louis who seemed not to care at all they were teasing him. He was very unbothered but it all.

That was a bit of a surprise.

"You're a virgin?" I ask quietly as he was sat across from me on the c-shaped couch, everyone looked at him with playful grins even though I was being serious.

He nods with his eyes still shut, looking completely uninterested and unaffected from this situation. He didn't care what they thought about him, I liked that. He seemed to always be in his own little world, quiet and unbothered. He obviously didn't care he was a virgin whether the guys teased him or not, I was very shocked.

"Unlike the rest of us, Louis believes in love." Niall says like it was a bad thing, stretching back in his seat in a cocky matter.

"Is that true Louis?" I ask.

He shrugs, giving me a vague answer as Liam cackled like he was delusional. I never really expected this from Louis let alone any of them but it was cool to see he didn't really care about opinions.

It's about time someone believed in love around here.

"I like that." I smile softly. "It's nice to see people keeping their morals."

He opens his eyes unexpectedly, looking at me from the other side of the couch in front of him. I smile softly, meaning what I said.

"Also virgins are immediately ten times hotter." I add in subtle playfulness, trying to overcompensate the fact they were all making fun of him for it.

I hate it when people think virginity is some sort of weakness.

I hear Harry scuffle under his breath to my right, I glance at him for a second to see him roll his eyes lowkey.

"Yeah see fuck you all." Louis finally speaks, directing it to the guys.

I laugh a bit as Niall shakes his head in a cackle. Liam also was rolling his eyes by my statement that shut them all up.

"Whatever." Liam adds.

I grin at Louis because I was completely on his side with this argument. I don't think they expected me to say what I said because no one had any counter argument to the matter.

Not long after I felt the bus stop, immediately we all turned to the windows to look outside.

"We're here." Niall says before I even took the view in of the fancy hotel we were parked in front of.

Finally, felt like I've been here for ages.

We all stand up and head towards the door, I was happy to finally get off this bus. I didn't sleep last night at all so time felt like endless continuum right now.

Niall, Louis and Liam go first, shuffling though the small doorway. As I reach the doorway behind the three of them, Harry's hand pulls me back from behind. His fingers comes up to hit the button that shut the door in front of me, at the same time he flips me around and pins me to the now closed door. We were alone in the lounge of this bus again, his hands nailing on the door next to my head. He looked down at me with dark eyes, my heart skipped a beat in startle.

"So you find virgins hot huh?" He murmurs immediately in a slight smirk but a deviant tone.

"Is that a problem?" I asked facetiously.

"Well I'm no virgin sweetheart." He shakes his head.

"Believe me I wouldn't ever think so." I chuckle as he kept the close proximity.

"I'm just curious to see what you think of me if you think virgins are attractive." He leans in closer, dipping his head down to meet my eye level a little better. The air ran hot between us.

"I guess you'll never know what I think about you." I shrug again, being playful with my words because it was fun to leave him in question.

"You think so?" He says like it was a challenge.

I click the button next to my hip, causing the door behind my back to open. He leans off the wall next to my head, looking down at me as the dark bunk area was open now behind me.

I smirk and walk myself backwards into the abyss as he stood there watching me.

"Maybe one day." I murmured ,walking backwards between the beds.

He grins and shakes his head, taking it like a game. The second he stepped forward I turned around and hurried to the other door. Once I pressed the button I felt his hands on my hips from behind me, causing me to laugh as he leaned down and kissed my shoulder from behind.

The door opens to the front of the bus, I hurried down the steps of the bus and onto the curb. The second we get to the public he takes his lips off the back of my neck and took his hand off my hips but kept close contact behind me.

He nudged me as we walked across the sidewalk, trying to get me to hurry up and being a tease about it.

"Stop." I laugh under my breath, turning my head back over my shoulder while blindly walking towards the entrance.

I accidentally knock into a body in front of me while looking back at Harry pushing me along the sidewalk. In reflex I snapped my head back ahead of me in startle, halting my steps.

"Sorry—" I turn in front of me to see I banged into someone's shoulder but they were walking along the sidewalk as we were just crossing it. By the time I realized who I bumped into, they were already a meter away up the sidewalk, hood up and shaking their head.

I turn back to Harry and nudge him with my elbow behind me.

"Look what you've made me do." I whisper shout.

He grins and nudged me to keep walking again towards the steps of the hotel.

"You coming to my room?" He dips his head down behind me as we walked up the front steps of the hotel.

My stomach twisted a bit, because I know he wanted to finish what we started earlier. The mere thought of continuing what he wanted to do on the bus made my inner thighs run hot. Doing anything sexual with Harry was something I swore I wouldn't do ever, but the way he made me feel earlier was too hard to ignore. A huge part of me was dying to give in and let him make me feel the way he's been trying to make me feel, I couldn't help it. I'm only human and I really wanted to get in his bed due to the hormones pumping though my blood.

"Are you inviting me?" I whisper while tuning my head a bit to glance behind me at him.

His discrete look of desire peers down at me as we reach the doors, opening it up for me to walk through.

His legs start walking faster behind me, making me walk fast too. His chest pressed to my back as we walked relatively fast through the lobby of the hotel. He seemed eager to get me upstairs, my stomach was pulsing in anticipation.

I felt his frame behind me nudge me quickly along the lobby, leading right to the front desk where we needed to check in.

"Hi." I place my hands on the table, making eye contact with the man behind the counter. "Here to sign in."

"Name please?"

"Aven Brooks." I state.

"Harry Styles." He adds from behind me.

He grabs my hips, tightening his grip as it was hidden from behind the counter from the concierge. He playfully dug his fingers in a teasing way to my skin, pushing his hips against my ass very subtly so I got pinned to the front desk.

I discreetly jab him with my elbow so the man behind desk wouldn't notice, Harry chuckling under his breath because he knew he was being annoying.

The concierge takes out the room cards, handing one to us each.

"Here you are, if you loose them then you'll be charged. I hope you enjoy your stay." He said politely as we each took a key card.

"Thank you." I smile as Harry pulls me away by my hips.

We walk over to the elevators, his hands leading me quickly in the direction like he was eager. We got over in the secluded area to where he pressed the button with his chipped painted finger nails.

One of the elevators immediately became available, Harry basically pushing me in it. Alone we got in the elevator to we're he clicked the floor we were on, the silver doors closing almost immediately.

The second the door closed in the empty elevator, he turned to me and grabbed my hips again. My back met the wall before I had a chance to process his lips hungrily falling to my neck. He immediately grazed his teeth to the skin, grunting in need and pushing my body against mine.

My head tossed to the side as my hands blindly grabbed his hips. My eyes feathered shut as we wasted no time on each other, his sultry lips breathing heavy into my neck between the weighted kisses. He bucked his hips forward so they met mine, issuing sexual contact in anyway he could.

I breathed out as my lower stomach turned in enjoyment, my hands gripping his sharp hips over his jeans. His hands laced down my bare thighs, reaching around to my ass to grasp it over the shorts. He pulls my hips against his harder, making me arch my back off the wall slightly.

"I can't wait to take this shorts off you." He gravelled against my perspired neck, squeezing my butt.

My core aches at his words, my back arching more off the wall to feel his body against mine even more. He intakes then gesture and decides to just pick me up instead. His hand scoops to the back of my thighs to we're he lifts me up and wraps my flimsy legs around his hips. I inhaled sharply at the sudden transition, my back pressing into the wall while our hips met. Head level with him now he kissed up my jaw, pressing himself between my legs.

My arms were slung around his shoulders, holding onto him. He pushed his hips hard between my legs, the pressure making me weak. I whimpered out through a pant, digging my hands into his hair. He grunted when I pulled it near the the nap of his neck.

He bit down harder on my neck, a whine uncontrollably venturing out of my lips in reaction.

"Every time you whine like that it drives me absolutely mental." He scuffles right under my ear, his hot breath tampering across the wet tender skin.

The elevator chimes, immediately he put me down to my feet when he heard the abrupt noise of arrival. I breathed heavy, almost loosing balance on my feet before he grabbed my wrist and quickly pulled me out of the elevator that was just barely opening.

His tall frame pulled me out of the elevator, turning a sharp right towards his room.

"Aven!" I suddenly heard my name being called from somewhere behind me.

I immediately pull out of Harry's leading hand, switching my head around in startle of someone else saying my name. Right away I saw Nova walking down the hallway from behind us, I was slightly shocked to see her.

"Nova, hey." I turn around and politely head in her direction instead, ignoring the fact I really wanted to get to Harry's room.

She hurried over so we met in front of the elevators, immediately she gave me a hug. I hugged her back, it felt like ages that I last saw her.

"You weren't on the bus the last two trips, what's been happening?" She pulls back and holds my upper arms, confused eyes searching for an answer.

"Oh, yeah I've just been all over the place lately. I was on the bus with the band today." I answer vaguely, immediately she arched her dark eyebrow.

"Why?" She seemed slightly shocked, she knew I didn't like them too much.

Before I answered she peered over my shoulder. I turned my head and saw she was looking at Harry in the distance, leaning against the wall and looking at his phone while waiting for me.

"Why is he waiting for you?" She whispered but he wasn't that far away not to hear.

I turn back to face her, making up a quick excuse.

"I have to talk to him about some pictures." I state a causal lie, there's no way I could tell her the truth. I didn't even know what the truth was right now.

"Oh..." She looks a little taken back. "I was hoping to catch up later, maybe after the show tonight or tomorrow at some point?"

"Yeah of course, I'd like that a lot." I nod, but eagerly wanted to get out of here.

"Okay, well I'll see you at soundcheck. Don't be a stranger." She smiles politely.

"Yes! See you there." I nod as she walks back off the direction she cane from.

I turn back towards Harry, walking back in his direction to where he grabbed my wrist again and pulled me down the hallway.

"I was ready to rip you away." He murmurs jokingly while we turn a corner to continue down the empty long hallway.

"What number is your room?" I ask, holding out my own key card to read mine.

1334 is mine.

"1348." He says, reading the number.

I look at the oak doors we were passing, quickly realizing by the ascending numbers that we were only a few doors away from my own room.

We walked at a subtle yet eager pace, my door approaching on my side of the hall. Once I saw mine, I pulled him towards it. I turn and face him with my back against the door.

"Look like mines closer." I grin, his hands falling to my hips as he towered in front of me.

Blindly I take my key card and scan it near the door handle behind me, causing me to hear the sounds of the unlocking. Looking up at him he grips my sides with my head against the door, a lustful deviance in his eyes.

"Are we that eager we can't even reach my room?" He cocks his head to the side a bit.

I answer by pushing down the door handle behind me next to my hip. It was nice to know that on the other side of this door we'd finally be alone with no interruptions; getting to finish what we started.

I push through the door with my back, his body walking forward while keeping his eyes on mine. Strong hands on my hips and my delicate fingers gripping his biceps, I walked backwards through the doorway and felt the cold breeze of the empty room.

As we stepped back though the threshold no more then five inches, he looked over my head rather then at me. Immediately when his eyes left mine and onto the open hotel room behind me, his eyes went wide and he froze.

"Stop!" He shouted before I could even process.

My next step back I felt something at my heels behind me, my brain not taking in Harry's words fast enough before I took that step. The blind object unexpectedly at the heels of my sneakers caught me off guard so suddenly that I uncontrollably stumbled back, gasping at the sudden reaction.

I tripped on something behind me.

Falling backwards Harry in split reflex reached forward and wrapped his hand around to my lower back and placing the other to the back of my head, catching me at a forty five degree angle in the air.

I screamed out as he caught me in startle. My heart skipped a literal beat, my adrenaline suddenly pumping right to my feet in shock. I looked up at his shocked face for a second before he whipped me back upwards to my feet and into his chest.

"Don't move." He said in stern caution, my stomach went numb as he held me against him with my back to the room. I held his hips in reflex, looking up at him to see his eyes were laced all over the floor like there's was something covering it. My anxieties eased to an all time high.

What the hell was behind me in the hotel room?

"What is it?" I said in panic from this startling situation, his eyes glancing all around the floor and up to the wall at the other end of the room. All I could see was him, he was holding me against him so I wouldn't see.

"Harry!" I pushed for an answer he wasn't giving me.

"You need to leave." He said sternly with his arms wrapped around me still, as if I was going to be ripped away by someone behind me.

We're we not alone in here?

He kept his hand on the back of my head, holding me tightly to him like behind me was my worst nightmare.

"What is behind me?" My heart was racing so fast I started to loose my ability to breathe, I was so scared suddenly. He wasn't telling me what was going on, the anticipation was killing me.

He wasn't giving me an answer nor letting me see, I took matter into my own hands and pushed against his chest so he would let me go, but his grip just tightened.

"I can't let you."

"Harry please, you're scaring me." I was getting overwhelmed, my body fighting his hold.

He looked down at me with an unreadable expression, not wanting to let me go but he had to. It was almost worse not letting me see what was behind me.

"Please." I whisper, my voice shaky.

He stared down at me for a second before hesitantly loosening his hold on the back of my head and around my lower back.

As much as I didn't want to see, I needed to. The unknown was scaring me enough as it was. I had no idea what was behind me in my hotel room I've barely stepped foot in it yet. My mind couldn't even begin to conjure what I could be seeing behind me, but to mention what I tripped and almost fell backwards on.

"Just try and stay calm." He spoke very low and stern, his arms falling down to his sides.

I nodded slowly, my tight throat killing me out of tension. I peer up at his emerald eyes one last time before slowly turning around to look in the direction he was facing, my heart thrashing so hard against my chest cavity that I could hear a bass in my ears.

I dip my head down and turn around, eyes staying on the floor first to see what it was I almost fell back on.

The first thing I saw was something I thought I was just imagining in my head, something I didn't think was actually happening. I stopped breathing, looking at the patch of flooring in front of my feet in immediate shock. This lead me to lace my eyes further across the floor, realizing I've never seen anything like this before in my entire life.

The thin carpeted floors throughout the room were covered with thousands of five inch needles sticking sharply upwards throughout the entire room.

My lips parted, my eyes going wide. I froze in my spot, vision lacing all over the floor of the small hotel room. There were thousands of thick silver needles sticking upwards, they were what I almost fell on top of before Harry caught me.

They could've killed me if I fell on top of those.

My hand gripped my stomach, my baffled mind not processing this all correctly. I wholeheartedly didn't understand what was going on and if this was actually happening to me. Was a dreaming?

But before I said anything, I looked up at the room instead of the floor. Thinking the needles were the scariest part of this, my worries got a million times worse the second I made prospect of the opposing wall above the queen sized hotel bed.

I gasped out this time, my hand cupping my mouth as I really thought I was actually in a nightmare now. In habit I took a cautious step back, pressing against Harry's broad chest right at my heels.

Pretty Pretty Aven.

Was written in blood across the wall, underneath it being a full page picture of me sitting in that coffee shop in Washington. It was taken of me through a window across the street, I was on the phone with Marissa at the time.

My lungs churned and I felt like I was going to throw up in utter fear and shock. I gripped my stomach, and kept my hand over my mouth.

Then I realized one last thing; at the end of my bloody spelt name, there was something nailed to the cream coloured wall with a dagger. Even with my glasses I couldn't configure what it was immediately.

"W–what is that?" I stuttered out in fear, not knowing what it was nailed to the wall at the end of my name. It was red and oozing what seems to be more blood down the wall. I was shaking, this was so petrifying.

I could hear Harry breathe calmly from behind, his chest breathing against my back. I couldn't decipher what it was, just looked like a dark pink mass of something unfamiliar.

"It's a human heart." Harry swallowed.

//

I'm still on the clock with school till Sunday, so next update won't be for a few days. follow my twitter @julez_jpg for any updates on when I'm posting!

I post a shit ton of updates there about duplicity and when I'm gonna post:)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23K 571 37
~cover made by me!~ Mattholomule hasn't had the easiest life, to say the least. He's constantly at war with his mind and feelings. Agustus Porter ha...
1.7M 55.3K 45
I stood there, watching, as she ran her fingers through the knots of my soul.
73.9M 1.2M 49
"I loved her not for the way she danced with my angels, but for the way the sound of her name could silence my demons." - Christopher Poindexter
333 56 8
A merchant's daughter must join the grueling Frostwing Academy and learn to ride the mighty gryphons to save her family from financial ruin. ...