♚ Egomaniacs ♚ | vkook (ON HI...

By DinsFire

After countless expulsions, Jeon Jungkook gets thrown into one of the toughest boarding schools in the countr... More

Ayo ladies and gentleman
Characters (updated April 16, 2020)
Introduction: Welcome to Hell
Chapter 2: The Apprentice
Chapter 3: Deskmates
Chapter 4: "Friend" Or Foe?
Chapter 5: Save Algie
Chapter 6: Retaliation
Chapter 7: Opening a Can of Worms
Chapter 8: Heeding the Warnings
Chapter 9: A Loose Cannon
Chapter 10: Questions Arise
Chapter 11: Endurance Test

Chapter 1: Fresh Faces

381 38 79
By DinsFire

Monday Morning

Though yesterday was technically my first day at Bullworth, I consider today my first *real* day, since it's the day I officially start my classes.

Last night, word quickly spread around that the new kid arrived and, now, the entire school knows of my existence. And from what Taehyung has been telling me, it sounds like I won't be getting a particularly warm welcome, though to be honest...I wasn't really expecting one.

I'm not too worried, more so annoyed than anything. I usually can hold my tongue if need be, but I know if I get pushed around enough, I'm not going to be able to withhold what's on my mind. My mom says I have anger issues, but I don't see it - I think she's just using any excuse under the book to lessen the guilt she feels for sending me here.

Oh well, what can you do; what happens, happens...but at the end of the day, I'll always know I only give people what's coming to them.

-

As Jungkook's eyes adjust to the morning sun peeking through his crooked blinds, he brings his hand up to his face and rubs them - letting out a small yawn.

"Finally, you're awake." Jungkook hears, prompting his eyes to pop right open - his eyes immediately landing on Taehyung, who is sitting backwards in a wooden chair at the end of his bed. Jungkook shoots up - bringing the blankets up with him to cover his bare chest.

"What the - Taehyung?" Jungkook says, looking to and from the smirking teen and his bedroom curtains. "What are you doing in my room..? How long have you been in here??" Jungkook asks, rightfully curious.

"OOOh.." Taehyung says, bringing up his wrist to look at his watch. "I would say about an hour."

"An hour?! You've been watching me sleep for an HOUR?!"

"Yes..? You seem freaked out...what, is that really so weird?"

"Yes, as a matter of fact, it is." Jungkook says, throwing his blankets aside and tossing his legs over the side of his bed.

"Oh, is it? My bad. Well, I just came in here to make sure you weren't gonna be late for your first class - you know, just doing the friendly thing." Taehyung says, shrugging his shoulders. "But, I guess I just got a little distracted...and besides, watching you sleep was far more entertaining than anything that was on TV. Did you know your mouth moves when you're dreaming?" Taehyung says, smirking at the red-faced boy.

"I'd appreciate it if you didn't come into my room without my permission..." Jungkook mutters, hurrying over to his wardrobe.

"Alright, alright.... if you really don't want me to, I won't then, skitty." Taehyung says, standing up from the chair. "So, you excited for your first day?"

"Oh, yeah...I'm ecstatic.." Jungkook says, sarcasm lacing his voice.

"It'll be fiiine...and even if it's not, at least you have me to look forward to seeing when 6th period rolls around."

"Oh, goody.." Jungkook mutters under his breath. "So um, you never showed me where the showers are."

"Oh, right." Taehyung says, bopping himself on the side of his head. "That completely slipped my mind. Grab your things and I'll take you."

"I'm not so sure I trust you now...are you gonna watch me while I'm in the showers, too?"

"Oh, Jungkook, you amuse me. Even if I was going to, do you really think I would admit to something like that? You don't think I'd be a little more sneaky about it?"

"Okay, I think that creeps me out even more so than if you would have just said 'yes'." Jungkook mumbles, grabbing his clothes.

"Rest assured, friend...I'm not like Petey the pervert." Taehyung says.

"Hey! Shut up, Taehyung!! I wasn't spying on them, you took it out of context!" The two boys hear, prompting them to glance over at the curtains.

"Petey? Are you eavesdropping??" Taehyung calls out.

"Um.....no." They hear, Pete's voice having gone a bit softer.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk...that boy never learns." Taehyung says, shaking his head back and fourth. "Jungkook, when you're done getting your things, meet me at the far end of the dorm, past the entertainment center." He says, and Jungkook nods hesitantly.

As Jungkook was slipping his slippers on and collecting his bag that was full of shampoo, soap and hair products, he hears the two boys talking outside of his room.

"Quit being a little weirdo, Petey or you're gonna scare him off." He can hear Taehyung say.

"Me?? You were the one watching him sleep!"

"It's called being a concerned friend. I don't want him to get into trouble on his first day."

"It's called being a creep."

"Says the one who loves lingering around the communal showers." Jungkook hears, but their voices became too muffled to decipher what they were bickering about further.

. . .

As Jungkook was walking out of his room, he spots Taehyung at the opposite side of the dorm, waving him down, to which he makes his way over.

"Right this way." Taehyung says, holding his hand out towards the washroom. "Everyone has a maximum of 20 minutes to get ready, so I'd hurry along if I were you."

"Good to know.." Jungkook says, walking into the shared washroom.

It wasn't long before Jungkook starts catching the gazes of a few students who were currently inside, getting ready for the day. Most of the interactions didn't go past a questionable glance, and some whispers here and there, but there are a few guys who call out to him.

"Hey, there's the new kid. We've been looking for you." A muscular, blonde haired male says as he starts walking up to him, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. "I'm Trent, and these are my boys, Ethan and Tom." He says, introducing the two males on either side of him.

"And don't forget it." Tom adds.

"Hey. I'm Jungkook." Jungkook says, holding his hand out, but the guys ignore the handshake he was offering.

"Ha. What a stupid name!" Ethan says and Jungkook raises his eyebrow a bit, slightly caught off guard by the response.

"Well, Jungkook...we have a bit of a tradition for newcomers that we thought we'd let you in on." Trent says.

"Yeah, tradition." Ethan repeats.

"Typically, with scrawny kids like you, you'd be begging us to spare you right about now. But, we decided to let the new guys off easy...but starting in two days," Trent says.

"TWO DAYS!" Ethan emphasizes.

"You'll be hacking up whatever money you got to us, understand?" Trent finishes.

"So, in other words...you're gonna steal my lunch money?" Jungkook asks, raising his brow.

"Yeah, in two days - so consider yourself lucky we're giving you a heads up!" Trent says, pointing at the shorter one.

"Yeah!" Tom says.

"But, what if I don't have money for you to take?" Jungkook asks.

"Then your ass is goin' in the trash!" Trent says.

"Oh. I see...so you're one of them. Okay, got it." Jungkook says, turning away from the trio.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean??" Trent asks, grabbing Jungkook's shoulder and forcing him to face him.

"You guys are stereotypical bullies - as I suspected...possibly even more stereotypical than I thought." Jungkook replies.

"Stereowhatical?" Tom says, looking over at the other two in question.

"Using big words, I see." Trent says.

"If you think that's long, you'd absolutely hate English's longest word. It's 45 letters long...here, let me say it slowly so you guys can understand; pneu...mon...oul...tramic-" Jungkook starts, but it wasn't long before he was cut off.

"Okay, smart ass - you only get one day then!" Trent says.

"Alright, alright..!" Jungkook says, holding his hands up in a defensive position. As much as he wishes he could continue taunting the dumb jocks, he knows he's better off playing it safe, so he goes to turn back around. "One day then, got it." He says, heading towards the showers.

"You better be ready, punk!" Ethan calls out.

As the trio go to leave the room, they bump into a cowardly looking male who was walking in at the same time, knocking everything out of his hands.

"MOVE IT, NERD!" Tom yells, and the boy cowers in fear as the laughing teens walk past him.

"Great...it's my first day and already I have people wanting to beat me up." Jungkook mutters to himself, letting out a sigh.

-

"So, I'm guessing you have met the three stooges by now." Taehyung asks as he walks alongside Jungkook, on their way towards the school building.

"Trent, Ethan and Tom?" Jungkook says and Taehyung nods. "Oh yes, bright and early. Way to start off my morning.."

"Yeahh...they actively hunt "new meat" as they say. But, don't worry, you can easily outsmart them. Hell, a chimp could outsmart those idiots." Taehyung says.

"Yeah, I'm not worried. It takes a lot to scare me."

"Oh yeah? Like what?" Taehyung asks, curiously glancing over at Jungkook.

"Psh, you really think I'm gonna tell you - someone I just barely met - my weaknesses? You're funny." Jungkook says, adjusting his bag on his shoulder.

"It's alright, you don't have to tell me...gives me more of a challenge. I'll figure you out one of these days." Taehyung says.

"Hmph, you sound pretty confident." Jungkook says.

Taehyung taps himself on his temple. "My brain is constantly keeping note of every. single. little. detail - especially when it comes to something I'm interested in. Nothing gets past me, friend. So, trust me...I'll figure you out in no time at all."

"Good luck with that." Jungkook says, not looking one bit phased.

"In fact, I already know one of them."

"And what's that?"

*bell rings*

"I'll give you a chance to figure that out for yourself." Taehyung says. "For now, good luck with your first class with Mr. Hattrick, newbie...you're gonna need it." He says, giving Jungkook a salute before sprinting off down the hall - to which Jungkook just shakes his head and heads into his first class.

"Hello, there, you must be Jeon Jungkook - welcome to Bullworth."

-

Maybe it's just 'cause I'm new and he wanted to take it easy on me, but Mr. Hattrick's class didn't seem to be as bad as Taehyung made it out to be. In fact, things went fairly well...well, besides all of my judgmental classmate's eyes burning holes into my soul for the entirety of the class.

I might as well have went to class wearing a clown suit, as that's pretty much how I felt by the way everyone was looking at me today. I never understood why it was that, whenever a new kid arrives, everyone acts as though they've just seen an alien come down from outer space. But, I dunno...maybe it's all in my head.

Either way, I was happy when the bell finally rang and I was able to get out of there. Even if it was just a 5 minute break in between classes, I was very grateful for that 5 minutes, as it was 5 minutes I could actually breath until I'd inevitably have to endure it again....and again...and again...

Doesn't matter how many schools I've been to, or how many people I've come across...social interaction never seems to get easier, and at this point, I doubt it ever will. But...fake it 'til you make it, as my grandmother always said.

(short time skip)

4th period

"Hello there, my dear! Welcome to the Bullworth family! I'm pleased to see you will be joining my humble little class - I hope music brings you as much joy as it brings
me to see each and every one of my student's faces walk through my door each and every day!" Miss Peters says, harshly shaking Jungkook's hand with both of hers.

"Hello, Miss.." Jungkook says, his body being jarred by the lady's powerful grasp.

"Please, turn towards the class and introduce yourself!" Miss Peters says, holding her hand out towards the class full of blank-faced students. "Everyone, give your new fellow classmate a warm welcome!"

The room completely silent besides a few coughs and whispers, Jungkook sticks his hands into his pockets. "My name's Jungkook." He says, his voice barely audible.

"Aw, don't be shy, my dear. Let your beautiful voice be heard!" Miss Peters sas, her loud, booming voice filling the room.

"I'm Jungkook." Jungkook says, but just ever so slightly louder than before.

"Good! Now, Jungkook...you have your choice of any available seat! Choose whichever one you would feel most comfortable with! Just not the ones in the back, I want to be able to see your precious face!"

Taking not a second longer to linger at the front of the class, Jungkook hurries with his head down towards an empty seat closest to the window. Though he doesn't make eye contact with anyone, he can, once again, feel the piercing stares - making his face flush a deep red.

"Salutations, I'm Algie!" Jungkook hears the moment he sits down at his desk, prompting him to glance over at a heavy-set red-head sitting in the desk next to him, to which he gives a half-assed wave to and turns his focus back onto his desk.

"This semester, we're learning the art of the flute. So, you'll be needing this, my dear!" Miss Peters says as she strides up to Jungkook's desk, setting a chipped flute on his desk. "I know it doesn't look clean, but trust me - it's been sanitized thoroughly!" She says, but a slightly disgusted look can't help but to come over Jungkook's face as he lifts it up by the end of it with his index finger and thumb.

"Gee...thanks, Miss.." Jungkook says with a wrinkled up nose.

"Since you are behind the rest of the class, I'll be appointing you a partner to help you get caught up on everything we have learned, so you can catch up to us much quicker." Miss Peters says with a smile. "So, who would like to be Jungkook here's partner? You will receive extra credit."

"I can help him, Miss Peters!" The same red-head from before says, adjusting the glasses on his nose. Spotting Jungkook glancing over at him again, Algie gives a cheerful wave.

"Great! You're such a life saver, my dear. I think you two will get along just fine." Miss Peters says. "For the time being, Algie, you can move your desk closer to Jungkook's so you two can easily communicate in case Jungkook has any questions." She smiles.

As Miss Peters was heading back up to the front of the classroom, Jungkook feels himself tense up as Algie's desk squeaks closer towards him.

great...

. . . . . . .

"So, Jungkook, do you wanna sit with me and my friends for lunch?? It's pizza day!" Algie asks with a big smile on his face, adjusting the glasses on his nose.

Jungkook, who was putting his arm through the strap of his bag, glances over at the cheerful one - but only for a moment before his gaze redirects onto something else. "Um...thanks for the offer, but actually...someone already offered me a spot."

"Oh...really?" Algie asks, cocking his head to the side. "You have people asking you to sit with them already..? Usually the new kids get treated like crap. Well.....at least I did, anyways." Algie lets out an awkward-sounding laugh. "As a matter of fact, I still do to this very day, ha ha....ha.."

"Well, uh, I don't really know what to say. I'm sorry..? If I wasn't asked already, then-"

"No, no...it's okay. You don't have to be sorry. I just know what it's like to be the new kid, and-"

"Jungkook, over here!" The two boys hear, prompting them to glance over at the classroom door - the both of them spotting Taehyung at the same time, who was leaning against the frame of the door.

"Wait a second..." Algie gulps. "Crazy Tae is the one who asked you to sit with him..?" He asks hesitantly.

"Yeah..." Jungkook says, then raises an eyebrow. "Wait, did you just say 'Crazy Tae'?"

Algie nods slowly. "I uh...I really really wouldn't suggest that you ta-"

"Move it along, peestain! You're taking up our precious time, here." Taehyung says as he was walking up, shooing the cowardly red-head off.

"Uh...I'll see you later, then Jungkook.." Algie says, hurrying off with his books clasped tightly against his chest.

Taehyung snickers to himself as Algie waddled out of the door, and he redirects his focus over to Jungkook, who was just standing there looking dumbfounded. "What ever that little rat tells you - ignore it. He's afraid of his own shadow and thinks everyone is out to get him." Taehyung says, crossing his arms. "That's what happens when you lock yourself in your room all day, rotting your mind with comic books."

"I dunno, he seems alright to me." Jungkook says, shrugging his shoulders.

"You have a lot to learn, my friend. Let's go - I wanna show you some stuff." Taehyung says, motioning him along.

"Hello, Taehyung my dear!" Miss Peters says as the two boys were on their way out, and Taehyung gives a bow.

"Hello, Miss. Looking beautiful, as always." Taehyung says, earning a vibrant laugh from the woman.

"Oh, you. You know just what to say to make a lady feel special!"

"Just speaking the truth." Taehyung says, holding his arms out. "Have a lovely day, Miss."

"You too! And you as well, Jungkook! Enjoy lunch!"

After waving goodbye to Miss Peters, Taehyung steps outside of the classroom, closely followed by Jungkook who couldn't help but to raise his eyebrow at the teen's sudden change in demeanor.

"Ass kisser." A male, who was standing nearby the classroom and happened to overhear Taehyung, mumbles as the two were walking by.

"Oh, hey, uh Casey?" Taehyung says, stopping a few feet in front of him. "I don't want to embarrass you or anything, but...you and your boyfriend might wanna consider being a little quieter when you're in the shower together." He says, being purposely loud so the surrounding students could hear. "The moaning is getting a little out of hand...might wanna tell Dan to tone it down just a smidge." He says while holding his fingers a couple inches apart, earning a few chuckles and gasps among the crowd.

"WHAT?! DAN ISN'T MY BOYFRIEND!" Casey says, clenching his fists."I'M GONNA KICK YOUR ASS!"

Jungkook, who was barely processing the situation before him, was suddenly snatched by his arm, and before he knew it, was being dragged down the hall by Taehyung, who had a sly smile on his face.

"Pick up the pace, newbie!" Taehyung yells, and the two run down the hall as fast as their feet could take them - all the while, Casey just several feet behind them, shouting threats at them.

"YOU BETTER HOPE I DON'T CATCH YOU, OR ELSE YOUR FACES ARE GONNA BE TURNED INTO SQUASH!"

"What the hell did you do that for?!" Jungkook says, grunting as he is yanked around a corner, but he doesn't receive an answer.

What have I gotten myself into... Jungkook asks himself as he side-eyes Taehyung, who couldn't seem to stop laughing despite the fuming teen being hot on their trail.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

251K 16.3K 57
A beautiful and dangerous love story between a 36 y/o mafia king and a 20 y/o University student. Where the love story between taehyung and jungkook...
152K 7.1K 25
This is a story between a senior and a junior who later became enemies that always try to piss off each other. Let's say taehyung is the university p...
14.6K 831 28
Sometimes there's a reason when something happens... Sometimes there's a purpose what someone chooses... Arcane: understood by few; Where Kim Taehyun...
239K 9K 41
A love story between two college students..every things happens a pretty junior bumps onto a handsome senior..what will happen? Read the story to fin...